Pressure, perceived pressure, space, time, collective effort

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Craw
Club Player

Pressure, perceived pressure, space, time, collective effort

Its pretty simple really. I think the coaches have become too cute, too game plan and structured orientated, they have over complicated things.

I get the set ups …. It is the way the game is played these days but the game is also a game of skill and instinct.

I am involved with footy at a local level and the thing that is constantly rammed home is .............

Pressure, perceived pressure, space, time and collective effort.

Apply pressure, give the impression of perceived pressure, create space and it then gives time which in turn allows skill and instinct and this can’t be done without collective effort.

All I see at the at the moment is a group of guy’s who have forgotten how to play football and all trying to remember a playbook.

This game aint gridiron.

It does not stop and start any allow you to run and counter set plays.

Give the boys a bit of freedom, let them play the game of footy …. let them express themselves, it may be a simple as that.

Not Craw, CRAW!
St. Paul
Club Player

Re: Pressure, perceived pressure, space, time, collective ef

Spot on Craw! As we used to say in the 90's, "We've tried everyone else, we may as well Triannides! You are right of course. We seem to have tried everything else, so we may as well let them off the leash for a game or two. It may create chaos, but it can't be any worse than the chaos that has plagued us since late last year.

"For when I am powerless, then I am strong."
freely
SS Hall of Fame

With respect (and ignorance - TC, you are well beyond me with your experience of local footy) - I think this is completely wrong.

Did anyone else watch the TV coverage on 7 and see the hawks in the rooms at 1/2 time? What were they doing? Strategising. What was Clarko doing down on the bench - instructing. They were plotting and planning the best way to go about beating us.

What were we doing? Kicking the ball about.

There is no point in our players going out and having a red hot go! They have to have a plan - but it's got to be a plan that they believe in.

oh when the
Club Player

I heard Jack Riewoldt say yesterday when they were struggling last year they simplified their game plan and started enjoying playing football again.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

I agree. It's as though many of the players aren't being instinctual or intuitive enough. Perhaps they are too tied up in strategy.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
terry smith rules
SS Life Member

I agree with op

And to this end this week at training I would take the team to a big green open space with no goals or 50 metre lines and just get them to run and kick like they did when they were 14

Enjoy kicking the footy without structure (obviously still trying to hit their targets)

Maybe play skill related games with the footy

Fqf

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
St. Paul
Club Player

I heard Barry Hall interviewed once and he described a similar problem under Timmmeeeee! There were always whiteboards full of bewildering information to the extent that he and a few others would just sit up the back and switch off. Nobody had a clue as to what was going on, which was pretty much reflected in the way they played under wispy.

stonecold
SS Life Member

St. Paul wrote:Spot on Craw! As we used to say in the 90's, "We've tried everyone else, we may as well Triannides! You are right of course. We seem to have tried everything else, so we may as well let them off the leash for a game or two. It may create chaos, but it can't be any worse than the chaos that has plagued us since late last year.
In the 90's?????

When you were still at Primary School?????

That's going off what you stated anyway, so which one is it?????

Which lies are True?????

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

stonecold wrote:
St. Paul wrote:Spot on Craw! As we used to say in the 90's, "We've tried everyone else, we may as well Triannides! You are right of course. We seem to have tried everything else, so we may as well let them off the leash for a game or two. It may create chaos, but it can't be any worse than the chaos that has plagued us since late last year.
In the 90's?????

Which lies are True?????
Lol. He must have been one of those man boys or a late 20's something lad that went back to high school to complete his unfinished VCE.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
stonecold
SS Life Member

parkeysainter wrote:
stonecold wrote:
In the 90's?????

Which lies are True?????
Lol. He must have been one of those man boys or a late 20's something lad that went back to high school to complete his unfinished VCE.
Well, it's like this, he told me that he is not DH, cause he was born after 1982, yet, quotes the 90's like he worked at the club back then straight out of Kindergarten!!!!!

More holes than Swiss Cheese, as I was told would happen by a very reliable informant!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
St. Paul
Club Player

Yes, pebbles, when I was in school. Watched the '96 night premiership, which Jase was part of. Are you so stupid that you can't work out I was referring to supporters? Of course you are. Worked out the acronyms yet? Of course not! I thought it was funny. Where was the reference to working at the club in the 90's? Your brain has more holes than a Swiss cheese, the same as your imaginary informant! Hey everybody, the great detective pebbles is on the case! You make Clouseau look like Sherlock Holmes!

St. Paul
Club Player

stonecold wrote:
In the 90's?????

Which lies are True?????
That's right dhead. Actually I was in year 7. Your allowed to get into the footy at that age and barrack for your team. I guess if you really were a crook you would've got locked up a lot. Only the dumb ones do.

St. Paul
Club Player

parkeysainter wrote:
stonecold wrote:
In the 90's?????

Which lies are True?????
Keep embarrassing yourself, pussy Sainter. It's hard to believe there are people as dumb as you out there. Still, you're pebble's mate. As I stated earlier. Dumb and Dumber. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when you two have a conversation. It would be amazing and not in a good way.