Fortius Quo Fidelius Strength through Loyalty

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Rhyming Saints
Club Player

Fortius Quo Fidelius Strength through Loyalty

As a 3rd year member I can sense if not yet feel the deep pain that life long Saints supporters are currently feeling.

As an aging kiwi I have followed the All Blacks all my life and I believe that our club could learn from their experience. Despite dominating between world cups we kept choking in the important games and it was after the 2007 World Cup that our coaching team made a significant change to their approach. They started to actively involve players in the game plan and other decisions that affected them. As a result players rediscovered their love of rugby and the joy of playing rather than being weighed down by the fear of losing. As a result their skills became more instinctive, their game plan more intuitive, resulting in back to back World Cups.

Despite our horrendous form I admire the effort and fight within our team but we seem incapable of executing basic skills under pressure. It appears to me that our players are scared to make a mistake and as a result their minds are scrambled meaning they are unable to fully focus on the skill they are executing.

I have not given up on Richo but feel he needs to make changes to his coaching style before it is too late. I would like to see a simpler, more intuitive game plan that frees the players minds and helps them execute their skills when it is most needed. An AFL example of this type of coaching transformation is Damian Hardwick.

I commit to the clubs motto of strength through loyalty by promising to renew my Saints membership for the rest of my life. I believe it is now more than ever that our club needs the support and loyalty of its members.

stonecold
SS Life Member

Re: Fortius Quo Fidelius Strength through Loyalty

The Rhyming Saints wrote:As a 3rd year member I can sense if not yet feel the deep pain that life long Saints supporters are currently feeling.

As an aging kiwi I have followed the All Blacks all my life and I believe that our club could learn from their experience. Despite dominating between world cups we kept choking in the important games and it was after the 2007 World Cup that our coaching team made a significant change to their approach. They started to actively involve players in the game plan and other decisions that affected them. As a result players rediscovered their love of rugby and the joy of playing rather than being weighed down by the fear of losing. As a result their skills became more instinctive, their game plan more intuitive, resulting in back to back World Cups.

Despite our horrendous form I admire the effort and fight within our team but we seem incapable of executing basic skills under pressure. It appears to me that our players are scared to make a mistake and as a result their minds are scrambled meaning they are unable to fully focus on the skill they are executing.

I have not given up on Richo but feel he needs to make changes to his coaching style before it is too late. I would like to see a simpler, more intuitive game plan that frees the players minds and helps them execute their skills when it is most needed. An AFL example of this type of coaching transformation is Damian Hardwick.

I commit to the clubs motto of strength through loyalty by promising to renew my Saints membership for the rest of my life. I believe it is now more than ever that our club needs the support and loyalty of its members.
Good on ya mate, very well said, nice to have a genuinely loyal supporter on board, not enough of your type on this forum, that's for sure!!!!!

Go well and enjoy being a True Sainter!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

One of the best posts I have ever seen on here.

Common sense, hope and sound arguments all rolled into one for the OP. You are a true Sainter mate.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

I'm in it for the long haul, of course. Richo, are you capable of positive/pleasing change ?

shrodes
SS Life Member

Can you sum this up with a rhyme please?

Skinny

I agree with the motto and the op.

Everyday I go for a walk wearing my Saints cap.

Cop the usual crap comments, you're game wearing that, can't you find a decent team to follow, etc. etc.

Makes me more determined to wear it,

Stuff them.

David-Lee
Club Player

The problem is the loyalty is one sided.
We were told the club was going to do something. They did not.
They didn't come to us and say, hey, we stuffed up, sorry. Nope.
Actually rewarded one of the problems ( extending AR contract).
Then extend their loyal promises to bring the club a flag out another several years.

The club continues to treat the loyal Saints like fools. Absolute fools who can't see the disarray, debt, failures and collapse of an entire football club.

The media, commentators and game analysts all say we have failed miserably and gone backwards at an alarming pace.

But the club continues to lie to us and promise what they dont possess.

That's loyalty.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I'm Quo'd out

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

shrodes wrote:Can you sum this up with a rhyme please?
Fortius Quo Fidelius
The Rhyming Saints tells us
Follow the Damian Hardwick and All Blacks precedent
Make our players and club more confident
Strength through loyalty, come one Saintas

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
St. Paul
Club Player

This clown works for Richo. Heard it all before. Some solutions would help instead of budget rhetoric

"For when I am powerless, then I am strong."
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Skinny wrote:I agree with the motto and the op.

Everyday I go for a walk wearing my Saints cap.

Cop the usual crap comments, you're game wearing that, can't you find a decent team to follow, etc. etc.

Makes me more determined to wear it,

Stuff them.
Good work mate. Another real and true Sainter. Its a roller coaster ride but its a fun one nonetheless.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
stonecold
SS Life Member

St. Paul wrote:This clown works for Richo. Heard it all before. Some solutions would help instead of budget rhetoric

Whatever Drakeo!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

David-Lee wrote:The problem is the loyalty is one sided.
We were told the club was going to do something. They did not.
They didn't come to us and say, hey, we stuffed up, sorry. Nope.
Actually rewarded one of the problems ( extending AR contract).
Then extend their loyal promises to bring the club a flag out another several years.

The club continues to treat the loyal Saints like fools. Absolute fools who can't see the disarray, debt, failures and collapse of an entire football club.

The media, commentators and game analysts all say we have failed miserably and gone backwards at an alarming pace.

But the club continues to lie to us and promise what they dont possess.

That's loyalty.
Exactly!

While we’re all and will all be passionate Saints supporters, if the club is quick to beat its chest and promise greatness but only delivers a lemon, then we have every right to be critical.

You don’t have to look too deep to see the cracks at the club’s administration - the debt, the mediocre recruiting, contractually handcuffing themselves to a struggling coach, our crappy draft position despite a likely bottom four finish, the superstar FA that’s yet to arrive and of course, the so called grand plan for the club to be contending right about now. The club has been talking a lot of talk, but still yet to do any walking, but when us (and the entire footy community) calls them on it, we just hear that the plan is still sound and that it’s only a flesh wound.

I’m sick of the bulls**t hypocrisy that unless we support our club through rose-tinted glass that we’re automatically a “bad” supporter. If I tell my boss that they’re running a shabby operation, does it by default make me a “bad” employee? Or, if I say that I think the prime minister is a clown, does it make me a “bad” Australian?

That attitude that being a club supporter requires unconditional optimism is absolute BS.
Last edited by SydneySainter on Fri 04 May 2018 11:08am, edited 1 time in total.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Constructive criticism definitely has its place. But some of the stuff being posted goes WAY beyond that. Me? I’m with the sentiments expressed so eloquently in the OP! ( by the way , the Saints WILL win this week!)

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
The Rhyming Saints
Club Player

A united club is how we Sainters win
A culture of success is built from within

If we stick together and be our best
We raise our club up above the rest

If our players know that we really care
Confidence will rise and they'll play with dare

Strength through unity is the Sainter way
I'll cheer for the Saints each time we play

And now I'm committed I am all in
I'll share a poem every game we win

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

The Rhyming Saints wrote:A united club is how we Sainters win
A culture of success is built from within

If we stick together and be our best
We raise our club up above the rest

If our players know that we really care
Confidence will rise and they'll play with dare

Strength through unity is the Sainter way
I'll cheer for the Saints each time we play

And now I'm committed I am all in
I'll share a poem every game we win
good. you'll have a lot of time to improve.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
asiu
Saintsational Legend

lmao

cruel

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.