Can anyone remember a more bleak outlook than now ?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stonecold
SS Life Member

Re: Can anyone remember a more bleak outlook than now ?

No, cause we have lost some wonderful posters!!!!!

Not!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

saintspremiers wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:Things really aren't that bad down at RSEA Park. Saints are just going through a rough trot at the minute. They will pull out of it.
You really are FOS parkey.

Are you trying to be a Spin Doctor?
No. The current Saints lack of on field form doesn't even come close to what the club has faced in the past or positions they have been as a sporting club. Not even a skerrick of grass close. People have short memories.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
minneapolis
Club Player

Sainter_Dad wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:
Sainter_Dad wrote:TD,DR;

Too Depressing, Didn't Read

But yes I can - I can remember when I came home and when asked how the game was replied - we won the Little League at least!
A team of kids, who were from a random local school, who just happened to be picked to wear our jumper, beat another random school who were picked to wear the oppositions jumper - and that made my day - lol

A good win this sundee and we’ll be on course again.
LOL - I fear that a win this weekend will just be like me putting on weight over the weekend!

I have lost 19 kilos (107 down to 88) since the 6th Feb and occasionally on a given day I will put some back on - but overall the trend is downward

Without some major changes at Moorabbin, our hopes will follow the same trajectory.
Good on ya Dad. How did you do it? Give up alcohol?

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
ace
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:1897 we went into the year with a remarkable optomism. six rounds in the outlook was bleaker than a Svalbard winter!
I remember it ooh too well, it took us 69 more years to get our first flag.
I have waited 51 years since that flag.
I can't wait for that to become 69 years, I will be over 150 years old with only one flag.
I am sick of excuses, I've heard the same lies for 130 years.
You've got another 17 years saints, win a flag or I become a soccer fan.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote:
Sainter_Dad wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:
Sainter_Dad wrote:TD,DR;

Too Depressing, Didn't Read

But yes I can - I can remember when I came home and when asked how the game was replied - we won the Little League at least!
A team of kids, who were from a random local school, who just happened to be picked to wear our jumper, beat another random school who were picked to wear the oppositions jumper - and that made my day - lol

A good win this sundee and we’ll be on course again.
LOL - I fear that a win this weekend will just be like me putting on weight over the weekend!

I have lost 19 kilos (107 down to 88) since the 6th Feb and occasionally on a given day I will put some back on - but overall the trend is downward

Without some major changes at Moorabbin, our hopes will follow the same trajectory.
Good work Sainter Dad
...how are you doing it so quick?
Cut out bread, rice and potato
Meal replacement shakes for breakfast and lunch (as opposed to not eating until dinner)
Leaner meals for dinner - eg - Hamburgers with lettuce leaf buns etc (still have bacon though)
EYe Fillet Steak in smaller portions as opposed to Loin Chops
Trimming the fat from Loin Chops (when we have them) etc
Still drink a can of Coke Zero or Sugar Fee energy drink each day
Never been a huge fast food fan

Little changes not so hard to take - just a few of them combined.
minneapolis wrote:
Good on ya Dad. How did you do it? Give up alcohol?
See above
LOL - no I have never been a big drinker - allergic to tannins etc - still have the occasional Vodka with Sainter_Boy.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Yes.
ie the time I went and watched us in three consecutive games get thumped by over a 100 points ...

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
David-Lee
Club Player

parkeysainter wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:Things really aren't that bad down at RSEA Park. Saints are just going through a rough trot at the minute. They will pull out of it.

No. The current Saints lack of on field form doesn't even come close to what the club has faced in the past or positions they have been as a sporting club. Not even a skerrick of grass close. People have short memories.

Agreed Parkey. We have been insanely pathetic.

That makes this season of suffering even more sad.

When you are rubbish do you stay that way or improve?

What do you say when we have improved, gone to 3 GF's?
You'd say well done! Brilliant!

But when the rebuild comes, youd expect a 9-12 ladder spot for 3-4 years then a climb upward....that's what great clubs do.

We dont. That's made the past 25 years the most brutal ride.

happy feet
Club Player

Sorry for being a bit slow on the uptake, but not only are we missing Roo as a player and on-field leader, but I'm starting to think he was the de-facto coach. Even when he was not playing he was in the box. Perhaps for Richo, we're just finding out how good he is now, and how great Roo was.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

The Saints will WIN this week! Go Saints! GO!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
tonyh
Club Player

Hi All
After not signing anyone from last season, the writing was on the wall for this year at least, and I wonder what future the club has other than merging with another. I for one have gone into hibernation as a Saints supporter, it was almost obvious before this season started that Saints would be bottom four this year. From what I have seen this season, virtually every player from last year has either stagnated or, mostly, gone backwards. I don't blame the players but the coaches. What are they doing?

Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

I started following Saints and going to games regularly in the mid-70s when I was knee-high to a dead cat and went to most games most years until I started playing local footy myself in late-80s, even then saw everything I could.

In that time we “won” seven wooden spoons, including four in a row 83-86. The first time I got se Saints in a final was 1991, by which time I was 21 and had already played in a senior flag myself. My entire childhood we didn’t play finals once, rarely even looked like it.

I’m hating where we’re at right now but to say it’s our darkest hour is ridiculous, and good riddance to any peahearts who follow through on all these embarrassing threats to walk away from the club because things aren’t going well, don’t come snivelling back when things inevitably turn around...

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...
Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

Harvey To Hayes wrote:I started following Saints and going to games regularly in the mid-70s when I was knee-high to a dead cat and went to most games most years until I started playing local footy myself in late-80s, even then saw everything I could.

In that time we “won” seven wooden spoons, including four in a row 83-86. The first time I got to see Saints in a final was 1991, by which time I was 21 and had already played in a senior flag myself. My entire childhood we didn’t play finals once, rarely even looked like it.

I’m hating where we’re at right now but to say it’s our darkest hour is ridiculous, and good riddance to any peahearts who follow through on all these embarrassing threats to walk away from the club because things aren’t going well, don’t come snivelling back when things inevitably turn around...

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...
Furphy
Club Player

From 1979 to 1984 things were terrible, The Saints were seriously in debt & could barely field a side up to (then) VFL standard.

congorozides
Club Player

thejiggingsaint wrote:The Saints will WIN this week! Go Saints! GO!
Ok.

portosaint
Club Player

parkeysainter wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

Its cut throat these days. Some peoples memories may be seriously jogged in the near future if things don't change.

congorozides
Club Player

Furphy wrote:From 1979 to 1984 things were terrible, The Saints were seriously in debt & could barely field a side up to (then) VFL standard.
Dude.

That was BEFORE equalization policies e.g the draft + salary caps so you cant compare.

In the modern system - this is as bad as it has ever been. Worse than 2014 even.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Yes.
ie the time I went and watched us in three consecutive games get thumped by over a 100 points ...
I was there for those too.

A poster on BigFooty posted that our scoring for the first seven rounds is the lowest in our history since 1955. 1955!
I used to have an old The Saint magazine from the club from 1967, which placed 1955 as Year Zero for St. Kilda F.C. The year we finished rock bottom. Wooden spoon with only one win, the team suffered many thrashings, and ended the season with a disgraceful percentage of only 45 (one of the lowest on record).
Before the 1956 pre-season 29 players were delisted and many players and officials who had been with the club for years were shown the door.

Not a great omen.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

happy feet wrote:Sorry for being a bit slow on the uptake, but not only are we missing Roo as a player and on-field leader, but I'm starting to think he was the de-facto coach. Even when he was not playing he was in the box. Perhaps for Richo, we're just finding out how good he is now, and how great Roo was.
Joey Montagna was an excellent on-field coach too, by all accounts.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.