Richo has lost the players

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

congorozides
Club Player

Re: Richo has lost the players

Clearly the players are fed up with his cluelessness and his boring moronic use of the english language.
He is a suburban standard coach. The only reason he got the job is because he has a 'stable personality'.

Look at Seb Ross. Clearly he isnt trying. Actually doesnt give two s***s. Just going through the motions.

suss
Club Player

Linton Lodger wrote:
suss wrote:I think he’s cooked. If Kingsley coached out the year we’d be no worse off financially and Adam would get an audition in the main gig.

I’m not a big fan of sacking coaches but the current situation is untenable.
Maybe Kingsley is part of the problem?
Give him a chance and let’s find out.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

congorozides wrote:Clearly the players are fed up with his cluelessness and his boring moronic use of the english language.
He is a suburban standard coach. The only reason he got the job is because he has a 'stable personality'.

Look at Seb Ross. Clearly he isnt trying. Actually doesnt give two s***s. Just going through the motions.

Ross got 35 touches.
Nice numbers, but he did nothing with the ball, other than kick in hope.
Sometimes he kicked on his wrong (right) foot,
even tried a goal, but all of them went badly.

He gets the ball then says "I don't care what happens now, I've done MY bit"

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:
stonecold wrote:
Goose is king wrote:Unfortunately Richo has lost the players now. His time is over
You did a quick player survey?????
I have worked in over 15 different workplaces in my life,
and I can tell you that if a supervisor or manager is not liked and has lost the staff,
it bloody well shows like the proverbial dog's whatsit.
Output, performance, KPI's, all down.
You’ve worked at 15 different Maccas outlets?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

saintspremiers wrote:Time to let Richo go and find a settlement amount. Just another handout from the AFL. Has to be done.

Hopefully Lethlean is having a meeting with Gil to sort it out.
How about we identify the problems first and get the remedies right.

Is it the Coach? Is it the List? Let's be real precise in identifying the issues. That's what the rest of this season should be for now, to have a good look at our List, Coaches and infrastructures.

Finals should not be discussed, we've got to play good footy first, be able to kick a winning score and do so consistently before we've even got a right to think about Finals. So its time to start honestly assessing where we're at and that assessment needs to be accurate. Only then will we know if the Coach needs to go, we need to turnover players or anything else.

What is needed is that clear indentification before the season is out and have a clear plan of what to do about it.
Last edited by Linton Lodger on Sun 06 May 2018 8:02pm, edited 1 time in total.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

congorozides wrote:Clearly the players are fed up with his cluelessness and his boring moronic use of the english language.

You're insight is always stunning con. I agree that Ross was poor, but not trying?! And whatever our issues are, I'm sure the way our Coach conducts himself in Press Conferences has nothing whatsoever to do with it.

congorozides
Club Player

What we need is complete regime change.
President-CEO and below.

congorozides
Club Player

Linton Lodger wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:Time to let Richo go and find a settlement amount. Just another handout from the AFL. Has to be done.

Hopefully Lethlean is having a meeting with Gil to sort it out.
How about we identify the problems first and get the remedies right.

Is it the Coach? Is it the List? Let's be real precise in identifying the issues. That's what the rest of this season should be for now, to have a good look at our List, Coaches and infrastructures.

Finals should not be discussed, we've got to play good footy first, be able to kick a winning score and do so consistently before we've even got a right to think about Finals. So its time to start honestly assessing where we're at and that assessment needs to be accurate. Only then will we know if the Coach needs to go, we need to turnover players or anything else.

What is needed is that clear indentification before the season is out and have a clear plan of what to do about it.
I have been saying for months we need an independent all of club review conducted by outside people with outside experts on 3 distinct areas:

1. Coaching and Footy Department
2. Finance and Admin Priorities (spending)
3. Playing List.

In 2016 the Tigers used Ernst and Young and did a comprehensive 10 week review.
We need to do the same.

This is WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING ON HERE FOR MONTHS!!!!

Unfortunately this website has been taken over by the imbeciles and adolescent cultish fan-bois who want to make out everything and everybody in the club is some guru. They arent. Most are morons and assholes. Lethlean is a complete c*nt for starters. Some of the other staff are nice people but dumb as dog s***. That is reality.
WAKE UP.

stonecold
SS Life Member

SaintPav wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:
stonecold wrote:
Goose is king wrote:Unfortunately Richo has lost the players now. His time is over
and I can tell you that if a supervisor or manager is not liked and has lost the staff,
You’ve worked at 15 different Maccas outlets?

15 Different Paper Rounds!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
SaintDippa
Club Player

Richo, coaching staff, and the St.Kilda list... are you reading this?

NO MORE LONG BOMBS INTO THE FORWARD 50.

ONLY KICK IT INTO SPACE IN FRONT OF SOMEONE LEADING TOWARDS THE KICKER.

There. Problem solved.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

portosaint wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:
stonecold wrote:
Maybe this survey is a good idea. But yes, unfortunately they look totally disinterested in what is being asked of them.

Question is, who stands up and challenges the "systems?"
Is that 432 disposals 63 tackles disinterested??

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
kaos theory
Club Player

The players have ability, most try hard, but we are a bottom team.

5 years is enough time to tell if a guy can coach and develop players....

kalsaint
Club Player

st.byron wrote:Has looked to me that Richo hasn’t “had” them all year. Completely demoralised bunch and the buck stops with the coach. But apparently, according to our resident ITK on the club staff, it’s nothing to do with the coaches at all......
Well we had better heed this comment based on our widely respected history of success.

Lets think on this. How does our club focus on performance. Financials, Stadium deals - upgraded with accountability now expected, Women's team recruited and development, administrative moves - Linen House and RSEA, Pride matches with Same sex marriage banter, Maddie's match, List management and Recruitment overview, Coaches replacement timing and reasoning, Team consolidation before the fall in performance, lack of elites selected for the team - reduced respect by players and other clubs, no longer foreseen as a destination club, Club rating against other clubs - whose doing best now, what is the potential for short an longer term given development started at other clubs far later than Saints. I am sure there is more.

I am not bemoaning the effort by the club but the disruptions are plentiful and have not all has been beneficial or timed well to enable club success on the field.

We need a period of stability with every thing put in place for the clubs field success. A lot of the rest will just fall into place with this but there's no guarantee the reverse will occur, recent form suggests that has happened now. Is the clubs strategy being met? Are the tactics on plan and schedule with key drivers of success being met? Is the football club matching the need of the AFL and club business? It appears the members are in revolt. Is this because they aren't aware of the clubs expectancy? Or is this simply under performance in several areas?

These questions need answering with some open honesty to appease an angry mob caused the members and that fever is spreading quickly until some signals are obviously indicating change.
The club is either short sighted at best or blind if they believe the footy department is defined as success at the moment. Where is the direction going to change? How much support is the football department really receiving. Are management acting like seagulls or providing the needs for full success? This is unknown but is being questioned by the angry mob called members.

What is to be expected and when will this be apparent to members. Failure to deal with this will lead to failure in so many departments of the club based on what I have seen on Facebook today. Do you really want to risk that this disappointment wont lead to members actions or future non-memberships failure? That's your call St Kilda but I would be very concerned is something isn't discussed and relayed to members soon. In fact I would be worried if this were my business.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
kalsaint
Club Player

spert wrote:Richo lost the players half way through last season I reckon- we just fizzled out

Yeah but what worries me more is that the club provides extensions for what reason? Stability? Its got ot be on performance and accountability. Looking at the team I'm not sure we understand leadership, discipline and accountability. Is this a disease across the club?

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

kalsaint
Club Player

Saintly66 wrote:The fact that Rooey didn’t even like Richo is probably saying something, piss that campaigner off asap.
I haven't heard that before. Is there a media source on this or is it just grapevine stuff?

kalsaint
Club Player

This is an interesting outlook given that Richo was seen as a really standout option when he lost the role to Scott Watters. It took hardly any time to place him in the role after Scott was sacked as coach 2 years later.

The process at the time was more elaborate than for previous coaches and those involved in that process also mucked up if Richo resigns. This leads me to believe there is more that is wrong at this club than just the footy department.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Watters is probably having a giggle to himself right now.

Saintly66
Club Player

kalsaint wrote:
Saintly66 wrote:The fact that Rooey didn’t even like Richo is probably saying something, piss that campaigner off asap.
I haven't heard that before. Is there a media source on this or is it just grapevine stuff?
Former player who I know was telling me, was pretty much Rooey out there coaching.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Watters is probably having a giggle to himself right now.
f*** Watters.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:How much of a loss has Bruce and Roberton been in the last few weeks - add in Stevens hardness around the contest

Just askin
I thought our forward structure looked better with Marshall up there to be honest (except for when his boot struck the ball), so not sure Bruce is missed.

happy feet
Club Player

Saintly66 wrote:
kalsaint wrote:
Former player who I know was telling me, was pretty much Rooey out there coaching.
Yes, I agree. Roo coached from the field and when he was not playing he was in the box. Training he probably coached as well. So now he's not there, well the Emporer is looking for his clothes .

So, come right at me and belt me senseless, but here's some options to consider.

1. Sack Football Department head and recruitment.
2. Transfer Richo into this role - he is supposed to be a good identifier and developer of young players.
3. Appoint Roo as interim coach and find an experienced ex premiership coach to mentor him.
4. make some hard calls on players and put them on notice, first being Paddy McCartin, and be prepared to turn over the list in a major way..

We can't go on the way we are,

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:
f*** Watters.

David-Lee
Club Player

I like Roo but I've heard the only coach he liked was Ross the Boss...so if Roo's opinion matters, then what? The other coaches are rubbish because he didn't like them?

Watters, I think suffered from the repercussions of losing Ross.
You know when you love someone and they're taken away and they get replaced so you hate on the replacement instead of the c#unts running the club who let your beloved coach slip away!

Watters had a better winning record than Richo but he lost the players, he told the senior players in a private chat over coffee to act like leaders and pull their head in, Watters had a big mouth ( I can relate to this) and when confronted he told the board to get f@#ked.

Richo has lost more games and no one on this team would cross the street to do what Richo asks so why is he still here?

A big ass contract and big brother will spank us if we try to fire him.
Last edited by David-Lee on Sun 06 May 2018 10:55pm, edited 3 times in total.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

I dunno...maybe he has, but regardless, we've been playing 'happy handball' for 2 seasons now, yet our highest accumulating mids still cannot handball...the amount of lame, purposeless, slow looping handball in the heat of battle that was chopped off today was astounding. Add to that their decision making is appalling. How is this a coaching issue again?

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Yeah, but that has nothing to do with football.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post