Best mates.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Best mates.

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2018-05-2 ... hood-dream

"Bailey Rice and Brandon White have a lot in common.

They’re both tough defenders with the ability to explode off the backline.

They both grew up in the outer-East Melbourne suburb of Beaconsfield.

They both played football in the South East Juniors, then together for the Dandenong Stingrays and Vic Country.

But this weekend, they’ll run out in the red, white and black together for the very first time.

The man who spotted the pair dominating for Dandenong and has been closely watching their development since their arrival at St Kilda is State Recruiting Manager Chris Liberatore."

Another set of mates will be also playing tomorrow . Logan Austin and Jack Steele played together at Belconnen in the ACTAFL, and were drafted in the same year.

We already know about Billings and Sinclair. Should help team work.

Anyway guys, the article is well worth the read. Enjoy.

Factor
Club Player

Re: Best mates.

When you are winning, these types of articles give you are warm, fuzzy feeling. But at the moment, being so many good buddies in the club doesn’t fill me with much confidence. Maybe I’m stuck a glass half empty mindset.....might change tomorrow! BTW White is an awesome young fella, met him last year and could not have been nicer to the kids. Hope he has a long career.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Factor wrote: Fri 25 May 2018 6:15pm When you are winning, these types of articles give you are warm, fuzzy feeling. But at the moment, being so many good buddies in the club doesn’t fill me with much confidence. Maybe I’m stuck a glass half empty mindset.....might change tomorrow! BTW White is an awesome young fella, met him last year and could not have been nicer to the kids. Hope he has a long career.

Well, only one of the three pairs have played in the same team together.

It is a first for the other two pairs , so who knows.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Good read. Along with Coffield, Webster and Carlise we have the makings of a very good backline going forward.

Future back six could like:
B: Webster Logan Rice
HB: Coffield Carlisle White

Brown, Geary and Savage, whilst good players, might end up behind these younger guys next year.

Not sure whats happening with Roberton, but he would take Coffield's spot so he could play on the wing/midfield. Fingers crossed.

f*** we have alot of backs. We definately don't need anymore unless its an AA defender like McGovern.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Don't think Roberton or Stevens will play again.

No inside info, just a feeling.

Crying shame if I am right.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

saynta wrote: Fri 25 May 2018 10:50pm Don't think Roberton or Stevens will play again.

Stevens' injury sounds bad. He can't even exercise without getting a headache apparantly.

Roberton's is a mystery still apparantly. Not good either.

Fingers crossed both come back in 2019 as Robbo is an AA defender potentially and Koby is a very servicable mid that provides depth in the type of game style he plays. Best of luck to them both health wise first and foremost though.

What a disaster for two good and expierenced players. Much like this season. It gets worse every couple of weeks.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
stonecold
SS Life Member

To the Top, The Did(Dud) and Scollop, or maybe the same poster!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
saint6709
Club Player

I posed the question earlier in the year - is Geary best 22 next year and someone went off on one ! But again I ask the same ? I would think at bare minimum we should be looking at a new captain next year to keep that question open

saynta
Saintsational Legend

saint6709 wrote: Sat 26 May 2018 8:37am I posed the question earlier in the year - is Geary best 22 next year and someone went off on one ! But again I ask the same ? I would think at bare minimum we should be looking at a new captain next year to keep that question open
I would be going with Dunstan or Steven.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2018-05-2 ... nding-road

"Logan Austin has crossed the country and back again on his way to a St Kilda debut on Saturday.

After 13 games with Port Adelaide, Austin will pull on the red, white and black for the first time against the Tigers in Round 10.

While his career remains in its infancy, Austin’s football journey to this point has already seen the young defender move interstate twice.

Born in Canberra, the now 22-year-old grew up alongside another young Saint in Jack Steele.

After sharing a locker room throughout their junior years at the Belconnen Magpies, the pair went their separate ways in the 2014 AFL Draft.

Steele stayed relatively close to home as the Giants’ No. 24 pick, while Austin packed his bags for South Australia after being selected with pick 69 by Port Adelaide.

The young tall made his debut in Round 11 of the 2016 season, going on to play another 11 games as a key defender."

Article is worth the read.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

saynta wrote: Fri 25 May 2018 10:50pm Don't think Roberton or Stevens will play again.

I wouldn't worry about Roberton, medicos are just treating things cautiously as its the heart. They haven't diagnosed anything, so its a matter of caution and observation for a period of time.

I had temporary issues with my heart (fluid in the lining) in my early 20s. After 2 weeks in hospital it cleared up and I was as fit as a fiddle, however they never worked out what caused it. So just to be cautious, they didn't allow me to work for 4 months and I had an Office job.

It looks like that's what's occurring with Roberton. If nothing sinister is diagnosed and there are no further incidents, I reckon Roberton will be back for the preseason.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sat 26 May 2018 11:34am
saint6709 wrote: Sat 26 May 2018 8:37am I posed the question earlier in the year - is Geary best 22 next year and someone went off on one ! But again I ask the same ? I would think at bare minimum we should be looking at a new captain next year to keep that question open
I would be going with Dunstan or Steven.
One thing is glaringly obvious this season.
We do not have strong on-field leaders.
Geary is not up to it. And I'm not sure it's in Steven's nature to be that either.

We need to implement what we did in the 2003 season and bring in a rotating captaincy. Should have started the process two years ago while Roo was still here. Give the captaincy to some of the younger players like Ross, Billings, Roberton, and others for a season. They learn heaps and don't stop being on field leaders once the (c) is no longer there. Without that system Hayes, Ball, Hamill, and Roo would never have been captains and may never have been the leaders they were.

stkfc1
Club Player

parkeysainter wrote: Fri 25 May 2018 10:15pm Good read. Along with Coffield, Webster and Carlise we have the makings of a very good backline going forward.

Future back six could like:
B: Webster Logan Rice
HB: Coffield Carlisle White

Brown, Geary and Savage, whilst good players, might end up behind these younger guys next year.

Not sure whats happening with Roberton, but he would take Coffield's spot so he could play on the wing/midfield. Fingers crossed.

f*** we have alot of backs. We definately don't need anymore unless its an AA defender like McGovern.
I love this backline. Good users of the ball and some hard nuts too. This means Savage could play forward more and use his superboot at goal more. Its a weapon we dont use enough. Cant see Geary playing back for much longer. Id actually like to see him used in a taggers role. He can run all day and I reckon he'd be good to shut down best opps midfielder. Also his disposal wont hurt us as much if he does shank it.

The Recruit
Club Player

Geary as captain of our club is just embarrassing and I still feel needs fixing this year. Co-captains with Carlise of Steven would be more appropriate.
Then Dunstan captain 2019

I still feel like a senior player from another club would help e.g. Goddard (good story also...might save losing 5000 members)
We are no chance for finals next year and next year we need to start playing good footy. If we don't have strong leaders on the field, we will continue to be rubbish.

ROLS-LEE
Club Player

The Recruit wrote: Sat 26 May 2018 1:47pm Geary as captain of our club is just embarrassing and I still feel needs fixing this year. Co-captains with Carlise of Steven would be more appropriate.
Then Dunstan captain 2019

I still feel like a senior player from another club would help e.g. Goddard (good story also...might save losing 5000 members)
We are no chance for finals next year and next year we need to start playing good footy. If we don't have strong leaders on the field, we will continue to be rubbish.
Goddard should have been captain the year before he left. Even though Roo was still better we needed to pass it onto someone else as we dont really have any mature leaders at the moment.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote: Fri 25 May 2018 11:26pm To the Top, The Did(Dud) and Scollop, or maybe the same poster!!!!!
Can you report someone for being stupid?

Actually, I shouldn't poke fun at someone for having a low IQ... You're allowed to make stupid statements...carry on...it's good for a laugh every now and then

stonecold
SS Life Member

Scollop wrote: Sun 27 May 2018 3:53pm
stonecold wrote: Fri 25 May 2018 11:26pm To the Top, The Did(Dud) and Scollop, or maybe the same poster!!!!!

Actually, I shouldn't poke fun at someone for having a low IQ... You're allowed to make stupid statements...carry on...it's good for a laugh every now and then
Feel free to self report, oh, sorry, you already have!!!!! :wink:

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote: Sun 27 May 2018 8:10pm
Scollop wrote: Sun 27 May 2018 3:53pm

Feel free to self report, oh, sorry, you already have!!!!! :wink:
I don't think Scollop is aware of the Bluthy disappearance :)

St Lenny
Club Player

saynta wrote: Fri 25 May 2018 5:58pm http://www.saints.com.au/news/2018-05-2 ... hood-dream

They both played football in the South East Juniors, then together for the Dandenong Stingrays and Vic Country.

But this weekend, they’ll run out in the red, white and black together for the very first time.

The man who spotted the pair dominating for Dandenong and has been closely watching their development since their arrival at St Kilda is State Recruiting Manager Chris Liberatore."

Another set of mates will be also playing tomorrow . Logan Austin and Jack Steele played together at Belconnen in the ACTAFL, and were drafted in the same year.

Other buddies to end up playing together at St Kilda is Paddy and Goddard.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

St Lenny wrote: Mon 28 May 2018 12:46am
saynta wrote: Fri 25 May 2018 5:58pm http://www.saints.com.au/news/2018-05-2 ... hood-dream

Other buddies to end up playing together at St Kilda is Paddy and Goddard.
Hope so.