Jarryn Geary no left side

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbob
SS Life Member

Re: Jarryn Geary no left side

Trev from the Bush wrote: Sat 26 May 2018 9:37pm
saynta wrote: Sat 26 May 2018 8:18pm
terry smith rules wrote: Sat 26 May 2018 5:26pm
One Eyed Saint wrote: Sat 26 May 2018 4:28pm Fair point - no good on either side
Oh hilarious... not. Had about 33 disposals and 2 clangers. An out on the full and a scrubby pass near turnover

Yep.

One of our better players today.
His lack "of a left side" is far preferable to the tools who wish to denigrate our captain on this forum.

According to AFL.com.au, Geary had an 81% efficiency rate yesterday.

elizabethr
Club Player

WellardSaint wrote: Sun 27 May 2018 11:46pm
elizabethr wrote: Sun 27 May 2018 11:02pm Doesn't cut the mustard.
I vote #20 for the captaincy.
:o :D

Can't recall his name, but I think he's related to some blonde sheila
on Ch 7's Sunrise programme. I only watch that show for her lovely legs (woweeee!!!)

He had one game in 2016 where he laid 17 goddam tackles.
About May 29, against the Dockers, at Etihad, in a 34-point win.
#20 had 28 disposals, 8 clearances, and a goal.
He was very good player, once upon a time
I will second that emotion...

nothing to say
Saint_Singapore
Club Player

The first effective disposal of the game was jaryn geary left foot tight on the boundary under pressure...

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

saynta wrote: Sat 26 May 2018 8:18pm
terry smith rules wrote: Sat 26 May 2018 5:26pm
One Eyed Saint wrote: Sat 26 May 2018 4:28pm Fair point - no good on either side
Oh hilarious... not. Had about 33 disposals and 2 clangers. An out on the full and a scrubby pass near turnover
Yep.

One of our better players today.
That says a lot when he’s one of our better players. Says everything about what else we don’t have in our team.

Also - possession count means nothing with Geary - the opposition allow him to be our loose in D50 because he only hurts us - not them - with ball in hand.

Go you red, black & white warriors
Milne
Club Player

When it comes to Jarryn Geary there are a few questions that one could ask:

1. What other clubs would Jarryn be in their first 22 week in week out?
2. Out of these clubs, which would Jarryn be captain of?
3. Is there someone currently better suited to captain Stkilda? Why or why not?

chico2001
Club Player

Geary had probably played the most games at the club hence his elevation to the captaincy. He makes too many mistakes and this cant be glossed over, he goes to ground a bit easy and as some posters have already said, does not seem to have an opponent a lot of the time. He should be taking the best small forward at all times and be kept accountable for that role. He is capable of that. I would like to seem him attack the ball a bit more especially overhead marking, he has taken good overhead marks but not often enough, he has got nothing to lose. IMO I dont think he would be a regular at any other club apart from the Suns and Carlton. He will most probably play 250 games for the saints as he is rarely injured, fit but with no speed gears. The saints are badly missing Robertons overhead marking, this is probably why you often see 3/4 saints fly for the ball deep in defence, opposition clubs score 75% of goals against the saints from less than 25 m out.

spert
Saintsational Legend

chico2001 wrote: Tue 29 May 2018 9:12pm Geary had probably played the most games at the club hence his elevation to the captaincy. He makes too many mistakes and this cant be glossed over, he goes to ground a bit easy and as some posters have already said, does not seem to have an opponent a lot of the time. He should be taking the best small forward at all times and be kept accountable for that role. He is capable of that. I would like to seem him attack the ball a bit more especially overhead marking, he has taken good overhead marks but not often enough, he has got nothing to lose. IMO I dont think he would be a regular at any other club apart from the Suns and Carlton. He will most probably play 250 games for the saints as he is rarely injured, fit but with no speed gears. The saints are badly missing Robertons overhead marking, this is probably why you often see 3/4 saints fly for the ball deep in defence, opposition clubs score 75% of goals against the saints from less than 25 m out.
Three players flying for a spoil is trademark "Saints Footy"

saintbob
SS Life Member

spert wrote: Tue 29 May 2018 9:16pm
chico2001 wrote: Tue 29 May 2018 9:12pm Geary had probably played the most games at the club hence his elevation to the captaincy. He makes too many mistakes and this cant be glossed over, he goes to ground a bit easy and as some posters have already said, does not seem to have an opponent a lot of the time. He should be taking the best small forward at all times and be kept accountable for that role. He is capable of that. I would like to seem him attack the ball a bit more especially overhead marking, he has taken good overhead marks but not often enough, he has got nothing to lose. IMO I dont think he would be a regular at any other club apart from the Suns and Carlton. He will most probably play 250 games for the saints as he is rarely injured, fit but with no speed gears. The saints are badly missing Robertons overhead marking, this is probably why you often see 3/4 saints fly for the ball deep in defence, opposition clubs score 75% of goals against the saints from less than 25 m out.
Three players flying for a spoil is trademark "Saints Footy"
That annoys the f*** out of me, it happens all over the ground and the opposition just cruise in and take the ball away with ease.

saintadamski
Club Player

Milne wrote: Mon 28 May 2018 10:40am When it comes to Jarryn Geary there are a few questions that one could ask:

1. What other clubs would Jarryn be in their first 22 week in week out?
2. Out of these clubs, which would Jarryn be captain of?
3. Is there someone currently better suited to captain Stkilda? Why or why not?
Finally some logical questions!!!
To all the die hard Geary fans, as well as all those posters who constantly treat our crap players as sacred cows. WAKE UP AND HAVE A LOOK AT YOUR FOOTBALL TEAM!
Just for a second , take a step back and objectively critique the players. This constant misplaced love of dud players is what's keeping our team in wooden spoon contention ...again.
Geary, Billings, Newnes, Savage, Sinclair, Lonie, Steele....dud after dud.

This list needs a cleanout and fast

Now let's answer these questions shall we...
1. NO OTHER CLUBS WOULD PLAY HIM WEEK IN WEEK OUT....ok maybe Carlton.
2. HE WOULD BE CAPTAIN OF NONE, LET ALONE PLAYED IN THE FIRST 22
3. This is the saddest question of all - NO ONE (maybe apart from Roberton) would be a captain of our club - this shows the utter lack of natural leaders in the group

Thank you Tony Elshaug...you did plenty of damage in Carlton in the early 2000's, and now you're giving us some of the same garbage.
Resign...please, before we become a basket case for the next decade

bigred
Saintsational Legend

His torp at qtr time was exquisite.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

By the end of the year, I'm hoping for a new captain to be appointed. With a new coach comes a new captain.
bigred wrote: Wed 30 May 2018 12:17am His torp at qtr time was exquisite.
Actually, I think that was at half time.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
minneapolis
Club Player

elizabethr wrote: Sun 27 May 2018 11:02pm Doesn't cut the mustard.
In my opinion, you can add Lonie to the non-mustard cutter group.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
chico2001
Club Player

That torp was probably the worst attempt I have seen in probably 50 years-indicative of where the club is at - doing that type of rubbish, embarrassing

takeaway
Club Player

So now we're adding the failed torp to the general denigration of Jarryn Geary? How pitiful. He was miles out, no hope of reaching the goal, so he blasted hell out of it - mistimed and that's what happens. He actually is a very good torpedoist.
A few on here should buy a real football instead of the dinky toy Woolworths footy and have a few proper kicks themselves.
He gives 110% each week, and if every player replicated his effort we would be further up the ladder. People within the AFL respect him highly, and I know Ballantyne from Freo hates playing on Geary, and I remember reading an article with Cyril Rioli saying he was one of his toughest opponents. The leader of the club does not have to be the best player ala Nick Maxwell.

stonecold
SS Life Member

takeaway wrote: Wed 30 May 2018 10:18am So now we're adding the failed torp to the general denigration of Jarryn Geary? How pitiful. He was miles out, no hope of reaching the goal, so he blasted hell out of it - mistimed and that's what happens. He actually is a very good torpedoist.
A few on here should buy a real football instead of the dinky toy Woolworths footy and have a few proper kicks themselves.
He gives 110% each week, and if every player replicated his effort we would be further up the ladder. People within the AFL respect him highly, and I know Ballantyne from Freo hates playing on Geary, and I remember reading an article with Cyril Rioli saying he was one of his toughest opponents. The leader of the club does not have to be the best player ala Nick Maxwell.
This, plenty of small forwards in the AFL do not look forward to playing on Geary, posters like to exaggerate Geary's kicking as worse than it actually is!!!!

This is because it doesn't look 'Pretty'!!!!! Says a lot about some posters actual real understanding of the game in some cases!!!!!

Many posters have never graced a football field, its quite obvious in same cases!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
chico2001
Club Player

You've got it all wrong stonecold, I have played plenty of games but I cant vouch for others. Geary's skills are average and that's a fact. 110% effort is not a key indicator for the saints winning, they dont have the skills and that is proven so what part of " inadequate football skills" dont you understand ? I have seen them live on a nice day absolutely butcher the ball especially coming into the forward line and for that matter coming out of the backline. This week he should get Lecras or possibly Rioli. Lets have a look at his performance and we can all add our feedback on Monday, no excuses. He should beat these blokes easily seeing how he is apparently feared around the other clubs. Not only that, any player worth his salt should actually play a good game every now and then and he might even " blast the hell out of one" and kick a sausage roll from 60m out !!!!......torpedoist...do it on his ear.

Flagless
Club Player

He is the worst Captain we have ever had, continually goes to ground in the contest and flies for marks when he should be watching the crumbing forward. About as inspirational as a wet lettuce

Flagless
Club Player

He is the worst Captain we have ever had, continually goes to ground in the contest and flies for marks when he should be watching the crumbing forward. About as inspirational as a wet lettuce

chico2001
Club Player

The only captain with a worse win/loss ratio Flagless was Billy Shaw our inaugural club captain in 1897 and a star wingman. Was captain for 29 games without success, bet he didnt go to ground easy though