Content

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Re: Content

st.byron wrote: Sat 14 Jul 2018 8:16am
tony74 wrote: Sat 14 Jul 2018 1:08am One of the few times this year pretty well everything went our way. Injuries to key players, umpires etc. Boys gained a lot of confidence. Interesting to note Richo did not make one tactical move all night. Not one.
Carlton were terrible....really bad. Come back next week with some positive shtick after we play a genuine AFL standard side. Hanging our hat on last night as some sort of measure of improvement is more papering over the cracks.
so, did Melbourne tank as well or did they just let us win? Geez there are some miserable pricks on this site now days

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

SMS wrote: Sat 14 Jul 2018 1:15am we shouldve won by 90+

the fact we didnt is actually concerning

Carlton wete herrendous.
Sure we could've easily won by 100, we missed a fair few and hit the post a number of times. That's about the only reason we didn't win by around 100, nothing concerning. Also, Carlton did crack in hard for most of the match.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote: Sat 14 Jul 2018 2:35pm
tony74 wrote: Sat 14 Jul 2018 1:08am One of the few times this year pretty well everything went our way. Injuries to key players, umpires etc. Boys gained a lot of confidence. Interesting to note Richo did not make one tactical move all night. Not one.
Carlton were terrible....really bad. Come back next week with some positive shtick after we play a genuine AFL standard side. Hanging our hat on last night as some sort of measure of improvement is more papering over the cracks.
so, did Melbourne tank as well or did they just let us win? Geez there are some miserable pricks on this site now days
Amen brother. amen.

We have won three out of the last 4 and still some posters are unhappy.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote: Sat 14 Jul 2018 2:37pm
SMS wrote: Sat 14 Jul 2018 1:15am we shouldve won by 90+

the fact we didnt is actually concerning

Carlton wete herrendous.
Sure we could've easily won by 100, we missed a fair few and hit the post a number of times. That's about the only reason we didn't win by around 100, nothing concerning. Also, Carlton did crack in hard for most of the match.
5 times.We hit the post 5 frucking times.

How unlucky is that.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Teflon wrote: Sat 14 Jul 2018 1:25am I learnt tonight how wonderful Carlton are at tanking
They were deplorable
The game itself was clearly 16 v 18 as the fumbles, constant turn overs, players falling over, missed targets and goals was comedy hour
I take nothing other than some kids showed something tonight
Why would Carlton tank when they're 2 games and % behind anyone else? Was Cripps tanking?

asiu
Saintsational Legend

i thought carlton looked like us

ran 'n linked ok- ish
(not as flat footed as we can be but)
couldnt hit a target front of centre
couldnt stick a tackle
gave the pill over
everyone was then going the wrong way

we made them pay
just like others have made us pay

we are better than caaaaarlton
Bless.

ps

if losing their big fella early
wasnt unlucky
it was tanking

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
ace
Saintsational Legend

Is that good planning.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Entitled to your opinion BBMD. Have been on here a long time. Don’t feel like a miserable prick. Am quite happy 😊 in myself. Just don’t see any future with Richardson and the current board. Yep good to win, nope not good that our disastrous year might be papered over with a cheap win against rubbish opposition. Let’s see how we sit after next Friday night. May we win. May I be proved wrong...May my opinion be proved to be absolute rubbish. Opinions....everyone has one.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Sat 14 Jul 2018 5:15pm
Entitled to your opinion BBMD. Have been on here a long time. Don’t feel like a miserable prick. Am quite happy 😊 in myself. Just don’t see any future with Richardson and the current board. Yep good to win, nope not good that our disastrous year might be papered over with a cheap win against rubbish opposition. Let’s see how we sit after next Friday night. May we win. May I be proved wrong...May my opinion be proved to be absolute rubbish. Opinions....everyone has one.
It is not about how you feel or view yourself, it is about how others view certain posters.

IMHFO.

KingSaint
Club Player

st.byron wrote: Sat 14 Jul 2018 2:21pm
KingSaint wrote: Sat 14 Jul 2018 12:52pm My god there are some miserable sods on this site these days...whinge, whine, complain, pi$$ing and moaning. Yeah it's been a tough season...but how about just enjoying the win...rather than constantly imposing your negative views of the world on the rest of us.

Don’t like differing views? Oh well. Papering has over the gaping fissures in our leadership with 10 goal wins against VFL standard teams might make people feel better for a while. Fair enough. A win is a win. But it’s meaningless in terms of our long term capacity to be competitive in the top half of the table. It’s like the ship sinking but the band playing a nice tune whilst it goes down. Focus on that if you like, but the ship is still sinking.
I certainly don't begrudge you your opinion...you are entitled to express what you think. But all i have heard all year is the same same stuff...about the coaches, the players, the recruitment, the administration, the board...friggen just about anything to do with the St Kilda FC...from people who are alleged supporters. Yes it has been a crap year...and yes there will be some changes...but as the saying goes...nothing is ever as good or as bad as it looks...in my opinion.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

KingSaint wrote: Sat 14 Jul 2018 6:04pm
KingSaint wrote: Sat 14 Jul 2018 12:52pm My god there are some miserable sods on this site these days...whinge, whine, complain, pi$$ing and moaning. Yeah it's been a tough season...but how about just enjoying the win...rather than constantly imposing your negative views of the world on the rest of us.

Don’t like differing views? Oh well. Papering has over the gaping fissures in our leadership with 10 goal wins against VFL standard teams might make people feel better for a while. Fair enough. A win is a win. But it’s meaningless in terms of our long term capacity to be competitive in the top half of the table. It’s like the ship sinking but the band playing a nice tune whilst it goes down. Focus on that if you like, but the ship is still sinking.
I certainly don't begrudge you your opinion...you are entitled to express what you think. But all i have heard all year is the same same stuff...about the coaches, the players, the recruitment, the administration, the board...friggen just about anything to do with the St Kilda FC...from people who are alleged supporters. Yes it has been a crap year...and yes there will be some changes...but as the saying goes...nothing is ever as good or as bad as it looks...in my opinion.

Fair enough KS. Understand you’re sick of negativity. It’s been a shise year. Hope you’re right and it’s not as bad as it looks, but I reckon we are completely stuffed with the current regime. I’m convinced of that and a win here or there won’t change that. Needs to be root and branch change IMO. Five years is long enough.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sat 14 Jul 2018 5:22pm
st.byron wrote: Sat 14 Jul 2018 5:15pm
It is not about how you feel or view yourself, it is about how others view certain posters.

IMHFO.
Not really sure what you mean by that. Can you be farked explaining it?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

No.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote: Sat 14 Jul 2018 9:44am
Teflon wrote: Sat 14 Jul 2018 1:25am I learnt tonight how wonderful Carlton are at tanking
They were deplorable
The game itself was clearly 16 v 18 as the fumbles, constant turn overs, players falling over, missed targets and goals was comedy hour
I hate to break it to you but we’re 15th. Would be 14th if they had paid that free to Carlisle.
Tis depressing isn’t it?
I fear a few additional weeks will re establish order..

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote: Sat 14 Jul 2018 2:45pm
They were deplorable
Why would Carlton tank when they're 2 games and % behind anyone else? Was Cripps tanking?
How else could you explain that deplorable spineless effort??
Don’t matter Sandringham would’ve rolled them they were that atrocious
Let’s just rejoice!!

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Sat 14 Jul 2018 7:41pm
KingSaint wrote: Sat 14 Jul 2018 6:04pm

Fair enough KS. Understand you’re sick of negativity. It’s been a shise year. Hope you’re right and it’s not as bad as it looks, but I reckon we are completely stuffed with the current regime. I’m convinced of that and a win here or there won’t change that. Needs to be root and branch change IMO. Five years is long enough.
Great post St B
There’s a massive difference between being negative and being a realist
Some rose coloureds want to hide under the bed from this season that’s utter garbage (remember we were supposed top 4 bound by the clubs spin....) whilst others, like you, acknowledge we have hardly moved in 5 years and that’s not good enough
I too believe wins over Carlton, brittle Melbourne or a shyte Gold Coast merely paper over gaping holes....I’m not interested in beating up shyte Carlton I’m interested in challenging again seriously and like to hear people’s views on what we need to do that.
FWIW watching last nights game live with a Carlton mate we both just laughed at times at what was crap turn over footy - yep, they were far worse than us , but we too looked inept at times
Some light with kids - hunter Clarke did some nice stuff Gresham and Billings (with more space and less direct pressure) played well but again, it’s what we have to do to beat the big boys is all I really care about
Keep up the realistic posting and ignore the ‘positive negatives....’

“Yeah….nah””
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Sorry, but who exactly is declaring that we’re suddenly world beaters and that we don’t have a long road ahead?

I thought we were just celebrating a win against a long standing hated opposition.

I can’t believe that some people would actually want us to lose to that rabble.

And you call yourself supporters.

What a disgraceful lot you are.

:roll:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Devilhead wrote: Sat 14 Jul 2018 5:51am Gaius Popillius Laenas was seen in the Carlton rooms pre-match with a big stick
Im telling you - quit it - that reference has no place on a football fan forum - ok? quit it
and I will prove it to you ( inane toing n froing to follow)

Seeya
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

We beat the 18th worst team in 2018
We could have carried a few more kids into the game instead of playing "AR career safe" selection
Melbourne are in the 8
Remember last year when we smashed richmond at this point in the season - we were world beaters
And saynta you dont give a r@ts what people here think of you - so why should the reverse be gospel

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRggggggggggggHHHHHHHHHH
thats better

Seeya
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Yeah we beat the Tiges comprehensively this time last year but the available resources were significantly greater.

And it is an absolutely alternative fact that Richo has "career safe" selections.

We would have to be up there with the most players on a list being given a game this year as well as the number of debut players.

Anyone got the actual facts?
Last edited by Cairnsman on Sun 15 Jul 2018 7:09pm, edited 1 time in total.

takeaway
Club Player

Amazing. Some people are not capable of deriving pleasure from anything. Doom and Gloom all the time.
Anyway, we should be top 4 - have gained more points vs top 10 teams than Collingwood who are 4th. They have only beaten Melb in top 10, we have beaten Melb & drew with GWS.

We're on the way up!

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote: Sat 14 Jul 2018 10:19am
Toy Saint wrote: Sat 14 Jul 2018 9:17am
Perhaps there was no tactical move last night, but I reckon there was a significant change to our game plan after the bye. Just for starters the forward line is maintaining it's structure.
Yeah it was great against Port.

IF we play at the top of our game next week we may only go down by 6 goals to Richmond.

Unfortunately friggin Lonie will probably get another game.
Ahhhhhh as brave and as positive as ever SP

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

As a friend of mine once said ( in deadly seriousness too):
“ yes I AM miserable..... and I’ll be HAPPY being miserable” :lol: :lol: :lol: sort of sums some folk on this site up.... ( IMHO)

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Sun 15 Jul 2018 7:09pm Amazing. Some people are not capable of deriving pleasure from anything. Doom and Gloom all the time.
Anyway, we should be top 4 - have gained more points vs top 10 teams than Collingwood who are 4th. They have only beaten Melb in top 10, we have beaten Melb & drew with GWS.

We're on the way up!
Noice

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saintbob
SS Life Member

Waltzing St Kilda wrote: Sat 14 Jul 2018 3:40am So who's coaching Carlton next year?
Ross?
Makes sense to me, though the Blues faithful can't stomach the idea for some reason.
Because Ross is an absolute TOSSER!!