Changes for next week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re: Changes for next week

You don't get it do you

If it was Hardwick it was an encouragement award

If it was Richo he has no idea and we already knew that

stonecold
SS Life Member

Scollop wrote: Wed 25 Jul 2018 12:39pm You don't get it do you

If it was Hardwick it was an encouragement award

If it was Richo he has no idea and we already knew that
You've lost it, encouragement awards, oh dear!!!!!

Go back to Auskick!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Longer, Hickey, Marshall, Pierce(who's been overlooked) - as well as Newnes, Savage, Weller etc.. they all deserve our respect.
I can't understand how anyone can keep gnawing away at any one of our players as a daily sport.
It's fair to say that we don't have the best ruckmen going around, nor the best midfielders, etc... but to constantly single out players and keep sniping away from the comfort of a keyboard and out of harm's way is beyond the pale - and I ask the moderators to consider taking some action - to put a stop to it.
Enough is enough. Changes for next week - no more sniping!

stonecold
SS Life Member

samoht wrote: Wed 25 Jul 2018 12:52pm Longer, Hickey, Marshall, Pierce(who's been overlooked) - as well as Newnes, Savage, Weller etc.. they all deserve our respect.
I can't understand how anyone can keep gnawing away at any one of our players as a daily sport.
It's fair to say that we don't have the best ruckmen going around, nor the best midfielders, etc... but to constantly single out players and keep sniping away from the comfort of a keyboard and out of harm's way is beyond the pale - and I ask the moderators to consider taking some action - to put a stop to it.
Enough is enough. Changes for next week - no more sniping!
That's your opinion, you're entitled to it, its a forum, no safety from a keyboard here, I respond to thoughts on our rucks and respond, happy to do so on any forum or any environment, full stop!!!!!

As a former Ruckman myself, I'm qualified and entitled to point out weakneses in any of our players, particularly if they are not justifying there salary/list position!!!!!

I am a member of the club and have the right to speak, both in a positive and negative prospective!!!!!

Respect is earned, not deserved!!!!!

samoht
Saintsational Legend

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and to express it - but to single out a player and continue to snipe away at them on a daily basis is wrong.
If you don't recognise that and start to set some limits for yourself, then maybe one of our moderators does - and does something about it.

stonecold
SS Life Member

samoht wrote: Wed 25 Jul 2018 1:41pm Everyone is entitled to an opinion and to express it - but to single out a player and continue to snipe away at them on a daily basis is wrong.
If you don't recognise that and start to set some limits for yourself, then maybe one of our moderators does - and does something about it.
Show me where on a daily basis????? I purely have made an effort in recent times to respond only, I am entitled to point out that once again, ones direct opponent received coaches votes whilst playing against a particular one of our players!!!!!

I think you really should do your research a little better and recognise that I have backed off!!!!!

It is my opinion that Mr.Hickey is pretty average at the job the St.Kilda Football Club pay him to do, nothing personal, just my opinion!!!!!

When others disagree, it is my human right to respond!!!!! Which is what I have made an effort to do, my right, they way I see it!!!!!

If Tom can do what he is paid to do, then I'll have no issue!!!!!

Check your facts Charlie!!!!!

Don't go early with the finger pointing!!!!!

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Glad to see you’re back on the coaches votes Stoney, seems you went off them for a bit around the time Gawn got 10 playing against Longer, who apparently did a good job. 😉

You know where I stand and who I think is better, but why do you think Hickey keeps getting picked over Longer if he’s not very good?

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
stonecold
SS Life Member

The_Dud wrote: Wed 25 Jul 2018 2:39pm Glad to see you’re back on the coaches votes Stoney, seems you went off them for a bit around the time Gawn got 10 playing against Longer, who apparently did a good job. 😉

You know where I stand and who I think is better, but why do you think Hickey keeps getting picked over Longer if he’s not very good?
Stop making up bulls*** Dudley!!!!!

Never said Gawn wasn't BOG, just pointing out to those who gave Hickey votes that they were wrong!!!!!

Hickey is getting picked at the moment, but don't hold your breath on that happening this week!!!!!

By the way, Gawn is leading the coaches votes or was, I haven't checked this week though, as apparently there are only encouragement awards anyway!!!!!

PS, those in the know would tell you that Billy is carrying a bad shoulder at the minute, plus a few personal issues!!!!!

Keep telling ya, stop being third man in!!!!!

dragit
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Wed 25 Jul 2018 2:39pm why do you think Hickey keeps getting picked over Longer if he’s not very good?
Probably just that Hickey has Longer covered in every meaningful stat available… including the ones that Longer is supposedly string in - % hitouts won & hitouts to advantage,

http://www.afl.com.au/stats/stats-pro#/ ... sonTab=h2h

stonecold
SS Life Member

dragit wrote: Wed 25 Jul 2018 2:50pm
The_Dud wrote: Wed 25 Jul 2018 2:39pm why do you think Hickey keeps getting picked over Longer if he’s not very good?
Probably just that Hickey has Longer covered in every meaningful stat available… including the ones that Longer is supposedly string in - % hitouts won & hitouts to advantage,

Stats, what this years?????

Think Billy still has Tom covered for wins!!!!!

Go away Conny D!!!!!

Saint wagga
Club Player

Our entire ruck dept have been seriously disapointing in their lack of development over the last 3 years, I have tried to be patient and positive towards both Hickey and Longer at various times. We should try and offload two of Hickey, Longer and Pierce and see if we can poach the North Melbourne bigman Pruess...My preference would be keep Hickey and 'the prospect', add someone who is a proven ready to go AFL standard ruckman. We have wasted list spots carrying 2-3 'development' ruckmen in the last 3 years. Offloading McEvoy doesn't look as rosey anymore as he has matured into a very solid AFL standard ruckman, and we probably could have done without one of Dunstan and Acres (might get howled down, but neither has really lit it up yet and if you were to look hard into the mirror, could you say that keeping big boy and one of the aformentioned young mids would have been better for us?)...anyway, thats all moot...what we can do is try and rectify a weak area (our ruckman)!
stonecold wrote: Wed 25 Jul 2018 2:54pm

Go away Conny D!!!!!

stonecold
SS Life Member

Saint wagga wrote: Wed 25 Jul 2018 3:07pm Our entire ruck dept have been seriously disapointing in their lack of development over the last 3 years, I have tried to be patient and positive towards both Hickey and Longer at various times. We should try and offload two of Hickey, Longer and Pierce and see if we can poach the North Melbourne bigman Pruess...My preference would be keep Hickey and 'the prospect', add someone who is a proven ready to go AFL standard ruckman. We have wasted list spots carrying 2-3 'development' ruckmen in the last 3 years. Offloading McEvoy doesn't look as rosey anymore as he has matured into a very solid AFL standard ruckman, and we probably could have done without one of Dunstan and Acres (might get howled down, but neither has really lit it up yet and if you were to look hard into the mirror, could you say that keeping big boy and one of the aformentioned young mids would have been better for us?)...anyway, thats all moot...what we can do is try and rectify a weak area (our ruckman)!

Go away Conny D!!!!!
Fair enough, that's your opinion, thanks for sharing it, I don't agree with all of it, but that's ok!!!!!

You make some good points, cheers!!!!!

DJ Higgins
Club Player

Not really on topic anymore. Hijacked again..
In . Webster acres Paton Brown
Out. Gilbo. Hunter. Newnes. Weller

shrodes
SS Life Member

DJ Higgins wrote: Wed 25 Jul 2018 3:14pm Not really on topic anymore. Hijacked again..
Would be nice to get Coffield in for Hunter / Gilbo

St Loxton
Club Player

shrodes wrote: Wed 25 Jul 2018 3:18pm
DJ Higgins wrote: Wed 25 Jul 2018 3:14pm Not really on topic anymore. Hijacked again..
Would be nice to get Coffield in for Hunter / Gilbo
Plus 1

one point
Club Player

Saint wagga wrote: Wed 25 Jul 2018 3:07pm Our entire ruck dept have been seriously disapointing in their lack of development over the last 3 years, I have tried to be patient and positive towards both Hickey and Longer at various times. We should try and offload two of Hickey, Longer and Pierce and see if we can poach the North Melbourne bigman Pruess...My preference would be keep Hickey and 'the prospect', add someone who is a proven ready to go AFL standard ruckman. We have wasted list spots carrying 2-3 'development' ruckmen in the last 3 years. Offloading McEvoy doesn't look as rosey anymore as he has matured into a very solid AFL standard ruckman, and we probably could have done without one of Dunstan and Acres (might get howled down, but neither has really lit it up yet and if you were to look hard into the mirror, could you say that keeping big boy and one of the aformentioned young mids would have been better for us?)...anyway, thats all moot...what we can do is try and rectify a weak area (our ruckman)!

Go away Conny D!!!!!
Watched Hickey through the binoculars at every centre bounce against Nankervis. Only had eyes for Nankervis. Never looked at the ball. It looked as though his first priority was to protect his body rather than win the tap out. Very disappointing. I won't be sorry if he is traded.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Serious?! You could see his eyes and where they were looking with your binoculars? Wow. Didn't any other facet of the game in the centre like the midfild tussles interest you? Wow. Every centre bounce. Wow! Was someone paying you to watch Hickey and his eyes?

Didn't you once think that Billings reminded you of Ian Stewart

http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 7#p1547517

stonecold
SS Life Member

one point wrote: Thu 26 Jul 2018 12:53am

Go away Conny D!!!!!
Watched Hickey through the binoculars at every centre bounce against Nankervis. Only had eyes for Nankervis. Never looked at the ball. It looked as though his first priority was to protect his body rather than win the tap out. Very disappointing. I won't be sorry if he is traded.
Yeap, this is a common occurrence with Tom, always has been, always will be!!!!!

As I've pointed out several times before on here to the uneducated Ruck 'experts', Tom is way too soft at the contest when you watch closely, as you obviously did last week!!!!!

Good work, well done!!!!!

To you Scollop, you might want to stop potting other posters and work out bulldog players names correctly before you suggest our clubs interest in a player that doesn't exsist!!!!!

Just a tip!!!!! ;)

spert
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Thu 26 Jul 2018 1:41am Serious?! You could see his eyes and where they were looking with your binoculars? Wow. Didn't any other facet of the game in the centre like the midfild tussles interest you? Wow. Every centre bounce. Wow! Was someone paying you to watch Hickey and his eyes?

I reckon more like he was doing as he was told by Richo and his ruck coach...block at all costs. I want a pair of your binoculars. Who is comparing Billings to Ian Stewart? I saw Stewart play a lot, and he was a tough as in the contest, and had superb skills..Billings aint in that league.

spert
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote: Thu 26 Jul 2018 11:00am
Scollop wrote: Thu 26 Jul 2018 1:41am Serious?! You could see his eyes and where they were looking with your binoculars? Wow. Didn't any other facet of the game in the centre like the midfild tussles interest you? Wow. Every centre bounce. Wow! Was someone paying you to watch Hickey and his eyes?

I reckon more like he was doing as he was told by Richo and his ruck coach...block at all costs. I want a pair of your binoculars. Who is comparing Billings to Ian Stewart? I saw Stewart play a lot, and he was as tough as in the contest, and had superb skills..Billings aint in that league.

stonecold
SS Life Member

spert wrote: Thu 26 Jul 2018 11:00am

I reckon more like he was doing as he was told by Richo and his ruck coach...block at all costs. I want a pair of your binoculars. Who is comparing Billings to Ian Stewart? I saw Stewart play a lot, and he was a tough as in the contest, and had superb skills..Billings aint in that league.
Blocking at all costs, sure, bit early in the day for that sort of comedy!!!!! ;)

Nice try!!!!!

samoht
Saintsational Legend

In: Longer Out: Hickey :wink:
If Longer is fit, I'm all for giving Hickey a rest every now and again - save Hickey for the important/more winnable games.
Other ins: Acres, Paton and maybe Connellan - Freeman to come in next week (if he comes in this week, the universe might flip on its axis, and we don't want that).

stonecold
SS Life Member

samoht wrote: Thu 26 Jul 2018 12:13pm In: Longer Out: Hickey :wink:
If Longer is fit, I'm all for giving Hickey a rest every now and again - save Hickey for the important/more winnable games.
Other ins: Acres, Paton and maybe Connellan - Freeman to come in next week (if he comes in this week, the universe might flip on its axis, and we don't want that).
Why save him for the winnable games?????

He doesn't play in wins, excluding Carlton who couldn't win an Auskick handicap match!!!!! ;)

Keep playing Tom, cause we don't need wins!!!!!

Oh, hang on, that's why he's playing, we are Tanking!!!!!

Makes perfect sense now!!!!!

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

Coffield will come in. Brown likely.

Austin and Webster will miss again.

And reading between the lines, all going well at VFL level this weekend, Freeman will debut next weekend.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-07-26/g ... -yet-again

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Geez brown straight back in instead of maybe having a look at Goddard is disappointing, if expected.