Sack the coach Tomorrow!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Re: Sack the coach Tomorrow!

saynta wrote: Fri 27 Jul 2018 7:00pm I am sure others on here beside me are sick and tire of the continued bagging of our players, in particular our ruck stocks.

Give it a rest FFS.
we need a ruckman like Lazar Vidovic, someone who can defend an oppo's shot on goal,
and ensure it's a behind.
(Lazar got suspended for shaking a goalpost once, when the other team was having a shot!!!!!)
:o :D

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
The Peanut
Club Player

It's only a few years since many of the Richmond supporters were calling for the coaches head and even more recently it was Collingwood ...

saynta
Saintsational Legend

I think we will be more than satisfied with who we get.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Yeah...

I bet Tom Lee never got bagged on this site by anyone

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Fri 27 Jul 2018 7:00pm I am sure others on here beside me are sick and tire of the continued bagging of our players, in particular our ruck stocks.

Give it a rest FFS.
But it is ok for you to refer to the player voted our equal best finals player in 2010 as a “girl” on multiple occasions.

Are you familiar with the word hypocrite? :roll:

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Can't get Armo getting dropped. When he plays well, we inevitably win.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote: Fri 27 Jul 2018 10:51pm Can't get Armo getting dropped. When he plays well, we inevitably win.
Agree with you there

Very strange decision to drop Armo.

Some had him in our best players.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Fri 27 Jul 2018 10:56pm
samuraisaint wrote: Fri 27 Jul 2018 10:51pm Can't get Armo getting dropped. When he plays well, we inevitably win.
Agree with you there

Our coach is clueless in case you haven’t noticed. Even if he believes his job is safe for next season, with Lethlean’s new structure and new assistants he knows the time
bomb under his seat will increasingly tick louder. Couldn’t be much fun and not very motivating to do a good job. Performance managed/slowly managed out - take your pick

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
elizabethr
Club Player

Richardson is going from bad to worse.

nothing to say
derby Street
Club Player

saynta wrote: Fri 27 Jul 2018 10:56pm
Agree with you there

I certainly wouldn't use that as a vote of confidence :shock: :D Nonetheless agree Armo was stiff given some who have kept their places

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote :
"No actually doesn’t tell him till this afternoon why he isn’t required. Dusty played very well but Dave had a good first qtr as well. Not saying dave is the answer just saying the coaches are not up front with the playing group. No reasons why not selected. No reasons why going with someone else. No communication at all really. As far as I am concerned s*** leadership from the top and s*** unity as a team in general . Everyone is just trying to save their own hides. Club are a shambles"

This!!!!! Exactly. What I've been banging on about on here for the last few months with various and not just one or two posters, debating whether or not the players are good enough or it's not Richo it's the assistants. FFS, Richardson is vacant space when it comes to leadership. Also as I previously posted, a very good friend of mine who worked with Richardson and the playing group for nearly two years says exactly the same thing as DWOODROW. With Richardson we are going nowhere. The man has no balls when it comes to having difficult conversations or standing in the heat. We've all seen him parroting cliches for months about deplorable losses creating an opportunity to 'come back strongly' and various other bland, deflecting, non-statements. It's not just his press demeanour, that's how he is.

IT"S NOT THE PLAYERS. THERE IS NO EFFECTIVE LEADERSHIP. Richardson is at the apex of the triangle when it comes to onfield performance and leadership and there's no-one home. Vacant space. He is a farkin disaster and whilst he is there we are going absolutely farkin nowhere. Why do you think Tony74 is coming on here blaming the players??? Because that's what the coaches are saying....F*** all this faffing about with blaming the players or anyone else. There is no leadership and that is the root of the disaster this season has been.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Fri 27 Jul 2018 9:15am
DWOODROW wrote: Thu 26 Jul 2018 11:21pm
desertsaint wrote: Thu 26 Jul 2018 11:15pm hild on. when richo played armo half of us were whinging he was playing favourites.
now he drops him for youth he's playing favourites again?
give the fella a bit of slack, he's probably the best coach we've had for seven years!
Yep showing how good a coach he is by St Jilda being 16 on the ladder. Go saints :roll:
I understand your loyalty to your brother but how does Dave feel about you mouthing off on a public forum? I don’t think you’re doing him any favours.

He's not doing any harm. Thank christ someone who isn't a wanna be ITK posting imaginary whispers and platitudes about how we're not really a bottom six side is coming on here and laying bare the shambles that is being perpetrated on the back of our membership dollars by telling it like it is. Thanks DWOODROW.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Massive leadership void since Roo and Monty left....the last of the ones holding top standards.

I reckon come the end of the year we will have several players trying to move club.

Billings - he doesn't rate Richo or the team plan
Acres - back to WA team with direction
White - because he gets overlooked for inferior players

We should move on Sam Mitchell with a view to replace Richo in a year or sooner.
Otherwise we are drifting aimlessly towards the waterfall.

Nee!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

The coach has been in the job 5 seasons.

The excuse we are young and developing is dead set hilarious.

Does the coach have a ten year plan?????

This his his list. His team.

Full stop.

Stop making excuses for this bloke.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Any coach can be made to look average if they don't have the players to execute

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote: Sat 28 Jul 2018 2:09am Massive leadership void since Roo and Monty left....the last of the ones holding top standards.

I reckon come the end of the year we will have several players trying to move club.

We should move on Sam Mitchell with a view to replace Richo in a year or sooner.
Why wait a year? Enough already.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote: Sat 28 Jul 2018 7:08am Any coach can be made to look average if they don't have the players to execute

Here it is again. It's the players fault.....oh dear

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Sat 28 Jul 2018 1:42am
desertsaint wrote: Thu 26 Jul 2018 11:15pm hild on. when richo played armo half of us were whinging he was playing favourites.
give the fella a bit of slack, he's probably the best coach we've had for seven years!
Yep showing how good a coach he is by St Jilda being 16 on the ladder. Go saints :roll:
I understand your loyalty to your brother but how does Dave feel about you mouthing off on a public forum? I don’t think you’re doing him any favours.

He's not doing any harm. Thank christ someone who isn't a wanna be ITK posting imaginary whispers and platitudes about how we're not really a bottom six side is coming on here and laying bare the shambles that is being perpetrated on the back of our membership dollars by telling it like it is. Thanks DWOODROW.
There is a reason why hearsay is inadmissible evidence in a court of law.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Sat 28 Jul 2018 8:38am

This is the brother of an experienced player talking. Someone who has zero track record of big noting and gratuitous attention seeking. You can choose to doubt it if you wanna....

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Sat 28 Jul 2018 7:31am
fugazi wrote: Sat 28 Jul 2018 2:09am Massive leadership void since Roo and Monty left....the last of the ones holding top standards.

Why wait a year? Enough already.
Just being realistic.

Nee!
spert
Saintsational Legend

What is it with our board? Since the last half of 2017 and now this season, we have gone down the gurgler to the point of practically joke status in the comp- the coach has a terrible win/loss ratio, yet they want to persist with this guy.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Sat 28 Jul 2018 9:11am
SaintPav wrote: Sat 28 Jul 2018 8:38am

This is the brother of an experienced player talking. Someone who has zero track record of big noting and gratuitous attention seeking. You can choose to doubt it if you wanna....
Wannabe ITK.

LOL.

That's rich.

I never said I doubted Armo; I said it wasn’t helpful to his cause.

Your views on Richo, which you have been posting ad nauseum all season, are now well known and while there might be some truth to what you write, it’s still hearsay. It’s also very one-sided and there are always different versions to the truth.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Sat 28 Jul 2018 1:34am DWOODROW wrote :
"No actually doesn’t tell him till this afternoon why he isn’t required. Dusty played very well but Dave had a good first qtr as well. Not saying dave is the answer just saying the coaches are not up front with the playing group. No reasons why not selected. No reasons why going with someone else. No communication at all really. As far as I am concerned s*** leadership from the top and s*** unity as a team in general . Everyone is just trying to save their own hides. Club are a shambles"

This!!!!! Exactly. What I've been banging on about on here for the last few months with various and not just one or two posters, debating whether or not the players are good enough or it's not Richo it's the assistants. FFS, Richardson is vacant space when it comes to leadership. Also as I previously posted, a very good friend of mine who worked with Richardson and the playing group for nearly two years says exactly the same thing as DWOODROW. With Richardson we are going nowhere. The man has no balls when it comes to having difficult conversations or standing in the heat. We've all seen him parroting cliches for months about deplorable losses creating an opportunity to 'come back strongly' and various other bland, deflecting, non-statements. It's not just his press demeanour, that's how he is.

IT"S NOT THE PLAYERS. THERE IS NO EFFECTIVE LEADERSHIP. Richardson is at the apex of the triangle when it comes to onfield performance and leadership and there's no-one home. Vacant space. He is a farkin disaster and whilst he is there we are going absolutely farkin nowhere. Why do you think Tony74 is coming on here blaming the players??? Because that's what the coaches are saying....F*** all this faffing about with blaming the players or anyone else. There is no leadership and that is the root of the disaster this season has been.
Show me where tony74 has come on here blaming the players.

elizabethr
Club Player

Armo deserves respect from the club not to be continually scapegoated and kept in the dark.

nothing to say
saynta
Saintsational Legend

elizabethr wrote: Sat 28 Jul 2018 11:52am Armo deserves respect from the club not to be continually scapegoated and kept in the dark.
Think the club must be tanking. Armo didn't deserve to be dropped. Shocked, I was when I saw the team.