Gaff

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Greg T
Club Player

Re: Gaff

Was a piss weak snipe IMO ,no place for that in this day and age,and their d**khead coach back slapping him was a disgrace

100 goals in 14 games...Lockett is the key
Greg T
Club Player

Greg T wrote: Sun 05 Aug 2018 8:25pm Was a piss weak snipe IMO ,no place for that in this day and age,and their d**khead coach back slapping him was a disgrace
Hope he cops at least 6 and misses the finals ,weak prick !

100 goals in 14 games...Lockett is the key
BenLong#21
Club Player

Greg T wrote: Sun 05 Aug 2018 8:25pm Was a piss weak snipe IMO ,no place for that in this day and age,and their d**khead coach back slapping him was a disgrace
Agree.

Miles off the ball.
High impact.
Intentional.
Clenched fist.
Other player didn't expect it and had no reason to protect himself.
Huge medical impact (broken jaw).
Weak - kid he punched is only 18/19.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

If I were a Richmond supporter, I would be very very happy with this.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Reckon he was sick of being niggled and thrashed out, probably meant to hit him in the chest, unfortunately Brayshaw put his jaw in the way...oh well, reckon he should get 4 weeks.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Toy Saint wrote: Sun 05 Aug 2018 9:32pm Reckon he was sick of being niggled and thrashed out, probably meant to hit him in the chest, unfortunately Brayshaw put his jaw in the way...oh well, reckon he should get 4 weeks.

More than four surely. 6 minimum.

The Recruit
Club Player

There is no way Andrew Gaff will want to play at stkilda next year

I cannot think of 1 reason

Team is devoid of talent
Coaching is terrible
Crowds are terrible
Most games will be Sunday arvo under a roof
FFS his captain would be Geary....forget Gaff

Also forget ANY free agents apart from the desperados wanting to be a saint in 2019.
We need to focus on getting our coaches right and trade back into this draft.

suss
Club Player

What an epic brain snap. Fingers crossed he’s played his last game for the Eagles (before joining us) but I suspect he’ll get three to four weeks only and play finals.

suss
Club Player

The Recruit wrote: Sun 05 Aug 2018 9:53pm There is no way Andrew Gaff will want to play at stkilda next year

I cannot think of 1 reason

Team is devoid of talent
Coaching is terrible
Crowds are terrible
Most games will be Sunday arvo under a roof
FFS his captain would be Geary....forget Gaff

Also forget ANY free agents apart from the desperados wanting to be a saint in 2019.
We need to focus on getting our coaches right and trade back into this draft.
Yes, but a truckload of cash might change his mind.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote: Thu 02 Aug 2018 4:40pm
SaintPav wrote: Thu 02 Aug 2018 2:49pm We’re like a drunk desperate bloke in a pub just before closing time.

Going for anything that has a pulse, but going home alone.

I just love the imagery your statement makes SainPav :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bring back memories Loris?

“Yeah….nah””
saintbob
SS Life Member

He might miss a couple of early games next year, if Brayshaw’s jaw is broken!!
Last edited by saintbob on Sun 05 Aug 2018 10:33pm, edited 1 time in total.

1965 Saint
Club Player

I was at the game and it was right in front of us. I think he meant to whack Brayshaw in the chest but missed!

kell
Club Player

Appalling incident. Unforgivable. Do NOT want him at the Saints !!!! I would would rather forego seeing the Saints win a Premiership than sell our soul to Gaff. Memories of Barry Hall to Sydney. The flag the Swans with him is tainted and worthless. Gaff should hang his boots up and retire now. The sight of that young Dockers player after the incident was heartbreaking. The fact that Gaff kept playing and the fights that broke out after the incident must speak to the need for a red card rule.

1965 Saint
Club Player

kell wrote: Sun 05 Aug 2018 10:33pm Appalling incident. Unforgivable. Do NOT want him at the Saints !!!! I would would rather forego seeing the Saints win a Premiership than sell our soul to Gaff. Memories of Barry Hall to Sydney. The flag the Swans with him is tainted and worthless. Gaff should hang his boots up and retire now. The sight of that young Dockers player after the incident was heartbreaking. The fact that Gaff kept playing and the fights that broke out after the incident must speak to the need for a red card rule.
Settle. I saw it live and he missed unfortunately. Was not a deliberate king hit.

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

kell wrote: Sun 05 Aug 2018 10:33pm Appalling incident. Unforgivable. Do NOT want him at the Saints !!!! I would would rather forego seeing the Saints win a Premiership than sell our soul to Gaff. Memories of Barry Hall to Sydney. The flag the Swans with him is tainted and worthless. Gaff should hang his boots up and retire now. The sight of that young Dockers player after the incident was heartbreaking. The fact that Gaff kept playing and the fights that broke out after the incident must speak to the need for a red card rule.
We better give back our own flag then because Cowboy Kneale kicked five.

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Kell makes a good point about the need for a red card. Getting the culprit out of the game probably would have prevented the subsequent fights.

Whilst I don't believe it was a deliberate king hit, it was nevertheless extreme brain fade. A bit like driving home just a little bit over .05 and running down a child at a pedestrian crossing. Not deliberate, and the perpetrator is extremely mortified, but guilty by any measure.

Regardless of this incident, I'd love to have him at St Kilda.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

1965 Saint wrote: Sun 05 Aug 2018 10:36pm
Settle. I saw it live and he missed unfortunately. Was not a deliberate king hit.
What’s the definition of a deliberate king hit? Was certainly deliberate. Broke Brayshaw’s jaw. Deliberate, high impact strike. No amount of after the event hand wringing changes that and he should go big time for it.
Does a bloke have to be knocked out cold for it to be a king hit?

stonecold
SS Life Member

st.byron wrote: Sun 05 Aug 2018 10:51pm
What’s the definition of a deliberate king hit? Was certainly deliberate. Broke Brayshaw’s jaw. Deliberate, high impact strike. No amount of after the event hand wringing changes that and he should go big time for it.
Wasn't a king hit, a king hit is when someone is not looking!!!!!

Geez some get carried away!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
Myron Gaines
Club Player

stonecold wrote: Sun 05 Aug 2018 10:54pm

A king hit is when someone is not prepared to receive the hit like you wouldn’t expect to be punched in the jaw on a footy field. It was no less a king hit than Hall vs Staker.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Okay, so that’s the definition.

loris
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Sun 05 Aug 2018 10:00pm
loris wrote: Thu 02 Aug 2018 4:40pm
SaintPav wrote: Thu 02 Aug 2018 2:49pm We’re like a drunk desperate bloke in a pub just before closing time.

Going for anything that has a pulse, but going home alone.

I just love the imagery your statement makes SainPav :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bring back memories Loris?
Now, now Teffers, you’ve wounded me 😢😢. That was like a Gaff King Hit!

stonecold
SS Life Member

Myron Gaines wrote: Sun 05 Aug 2018 10:57pm

A king hit is when someone is not prepared to receive the hit like you wouldn’t expect to be punched in the jaw on a footy field. It was no less a king hit than Hall vs Staker.
That's your opinion, your can have it!!!!!

I'm not condoning what Gaff did, not at all, however, if you constantly prod and probe someone in a physical manner, then you should be expecting a reaction!!!!! So, when you are looking and expecting a reaction of some sort, that is not a king hit, IMEO!!!!!

Each to their own!!!!!

Gaff over reacted in a very bad way, let's not hang him or nail him to a cross!!!!!

Says much, when you have to drop Barry Hall in the conversation, piss poor really, anything else you'd like to blame him for?????

saintbob
SS Life Member

St Chris wrote: Wed 01 Aug 2018 3:38pm The Dees are pretty confident they are getting Gaff. If you were him, and you had the choice between us and Melbourne on similar deals, it would be a no-brainer after this season.
Angus would be happy to see him, I bet!!

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Gaff is a thug, let Melbourne have him.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
stonecold
SS Life Member

Wayne42 wrote: Sun 05 Aug 2018 11:27pm Gaff is a thug, let Melbourne have him.
Rubbish!!!!!