Jax....u hearing this?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jax....u hearing this?

Teflon wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 12:11am I suspect if Richo goes - damn wall re change breaks
That Damn wall - could not even hold back the flood waters in the Dam

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
spert
Saintsational Legend

I find it very odd that people who are running this club- mostly successful business people, and professionals, are tolerating a senior coach (who really can be seen as a senior manager) with such a shocking success rate in his tenure. It just reeks of people covering their own backsides over poor decisions they have made, and are now delusional about the direction of this club. If these people applied management performance systems of their organisations, to the club they are in charge of, then Richo would be long gone by now. Talk about bewildering.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Fri 10 Aug 2018 11:54pm
Teflon wrote: Fri 10 Aug 2018 7:25pm From Moorabbin Ghost BF

****€€€********

There’s been more than a few meetings since Sunday morning, one of them had an AFL employee informally involved.
I have been told we are quietly shaking the coaching tree to see what may fall out. I have also been told that if we lose badly tonight then it’s close to an insurmountable task for Richo to keep his job.
There are dominoes ready to fall all through the board, coaching department and playing list.
I had a few question marks over Simon early but he’s shown to be a completely ruthless **** when he needs to be, which is exactly what this footy club needs. He’ll be an amazing CEO once Matty Finnis fulfills his desire to work at AFL. He’s not here to make friends, he’s here to do a job, and that’s the perfect outcome for us.
The players that are uncontracted now are looking shaky, although I was told Lonie may be offered another deal depending on a few other things. Our two ruckmen must be feeling nervous after hearing we’ve offered a multi million dollar deal to a ruck.
Very, very interesting 3 months at this footy club coming up.
Pierce looks like a keeper. Far more promising than the other two.
Don't you mean three?
And Pierce is currently at Frankston Dolphins, after years on our list.
It is very hard for me to find a player who hasn't gone backwards under this group of coaches.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 12:11am I suspect if Richo goes - damn wall re change breaks
Following that Board /CEO /coaching/Playing group will be culled and so it should be
Just deplorable watching poor skills, stupid game plan/style and worst of all watching young blokes (we do have some core young talent) go backwards
Very good post.
I knew we were in trouble when Marshall elected to kick backwards to Webster in the goal square, (which was a shocking kick anyway). Webster then kicked to Rice who fumbled, turnover, which led to an Essendon goal. Which then led to four quick goals in under 3 minutes.
Another feature of our play is our forwards having absolutely no confidence in their kicking set shots, even from right in front, so they play on quickly and snap the ball across their body and miss.
The forward line this year has been an absolute shambles, it really has, and when people talk about the '80s, at least we had forwards who could kick straight. Loewe worked hard to finally straighten his up.

older saint
SS Life Member

Coaching options from the posts above that jump straight out are Roos and Clarkson.

Options to me outside of that are Harvey (highly rated at Collingwood although such a club legend makes me nervous if he fails ), Carcella, or left field a little Ratten.

Down 4 men on the bench and not make inroads in the last qtr tells as much of a story as last week did about effort and playing for the coach, no more rubbish about 7 minutes of bad footy , much much more than that.

As someone said 5000 members at say $200 = contract payout!

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 9:22am Don't you mean three?
Surely you are not including Marshall in the three - Rowan has played so few games - how can you determine if he is to be kept or discarded????

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 9:34am
samuraisaint wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 9:22am Don't you mean three?
Surely you are not including Marshall in the three - Rowan has played so few games - how can you determine if he is to be kept or discarded????
Absolutely not. I don't pot the players.
If you check through my posts, you'll see I have been posting all year that Marshall should be our second ruckman every week, giving Longer or Hickey a chop out, and playing up forward. For mine I see Rowan as an old fashioned follower-type, from Ballarat. Much like our players used to be from the 70s and 80s. Mature bodied, usually reliable kick and a bit durable. Think Jeff Sarau.
What I meant was, that we have another three ruckmen on the list, not two, and my point was more about how we can currently have what is arguably an embarrassment of riches in one position in the team, and yet we need to throw millions at a similar type of player from another team. At the end of last season we had five ruckmen. If our ruck stocks are still that poor now, why didn't we just keep McEvoy in the first place?
Not putting the knock on Rowan at all, just expressing dismay that we let a very good player go, and then we brought in guys who we have not developed in four years. Longer, Hickey and Marshall are all very good players. The Lewis Pierce situation is embarrassing - he comes off the list, put on the rookie list, and is playing at the Dolphins, comes back into the senior team due to injury and does okay. Why wasn't he developed better when he was on the playing list at St. Kilda?

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 9:21am I find it very odd that people who are running this club- mostly successful business people, and professionals, are tolerating a senior coach (who really can be seen as a senior manager) with such a shocking success rate in his tenure. It just reeks of people covering their own backsides over poor decisions they have made, and are now delusional about the direction of this club. If these people applied management performance systems of their organisations, to the club they are in charge of, then Richo would be long gone by now. Talk about bewildering.
Exactly what DWoodrow posted a couple of weeks ago when Armo was dropped. Highly dysfunctional environment where people are primarily interested in arse covering.

SteveStevens66
Club Player

Teflon is 100% right. All I'd add it that it's not just the loss of memberships, although that is reason enough to get rid of Richo. Throw in decreasing attendance, a precipitous decline in merchandise sales, the near impossibility of getting big time sponsors, and relegated to Sunday arvo and twilight games means TV revenue loss. All of this is financially catastrophic in terms of morale utterly disastrous--for both the club and supporters. If anyone thinks we can't afford to turf him out now wait until you see next year's balance sheet if we don't give him the arse.

Carna Saints!!!
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I left at half time. I’d had a gutful. Apparently the administration can’t get enough ( of this crap ) :roll:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
mullet
Saintsational Legend

David-Lee wrote: Fri 10 Aug 2018 8:16pm Nope. Theres no loophole in this contract.
If Richo is fired in the first season of the contract he gets full compensation for 2019 and 25% for 2020.

I'm not going to say I've seen the contract but I know who has and if he hadn't signed it he would have been let go mid season and caretaker coach was Kingsley.

We have sent out a few feelers to coaches that if we got would cost us double Richos contract. Two particular coaches were approached in first week of June by a certain person well respected in the afl and media.
Both shockingly said they are seriously considering a move in 2019/20.
So we keep him for 2019. Try to hire assistants, do trades and prepare for new coach in 2020 which firing Richo then only on 25% contract payout. But getting one of these two guys I literally spit out an ice cube when this person said their names. I was not a ITK. I was there because my wife was at Crown shopping with the wives and the lads were having as drink at place, I of course had lemonade. As I said before my friendship is married into and I dont claim to right I just know this guy who is married to ....... who is my wife's best friend and he is actually is someone we have shared time with for 27 years and now being at the club I talk little to no shop and we watch golf and eat what the women cook....or sit in the bar as they shop.

I believe this conversation was 100% and I also think no one would need to be friends with Simon to think Richo is gone next year and we want a top coach with a win ratio over 70% ( I think one approached is on 60ish the other 70).
But I added no thoughts just disappeared into the stool and sometimes I get to hear interesting club talk.
Thanks for the post, Its hard to come on here without people calling you all sorts of things. The only thing that would make me spit my icecubes would be if they are contemplating getting Ross Lyon back. I really hope there is a lot going on in the background, they need to give us supporters some sort of hope

BenLong#21
Club Player

7 wins from the last 30 games. 23%.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 9:31am
Following that Board /CEO /coaching/Playing group will be culled and so it should be
Just deplorable watching poor skills, stupid game plan/style and worst of all watching young blokes (we do have some core young talent) go backwards
Very good post.
I knew we were in trouble when Marshall elected to kick backwards to Webster in the goal square, (which was a shocking kick anyway). Webster then kicked to Rice who fumbled, turnover, which led to an Essendon goal. Which then led to four quick goals in under 3 minutes.
Another feature of our play is our forwards having absolutely no confidence in their kicking set shots, even from right in front, so they play on quickly and snap the ball across their body and miss.
The forward line this year has been an absolute shambles, it really has, and when people talk about the '80s, at least we had forwards who could kick straight. Loewe worked hard to finally straighten his up.
It's not just about kicking straight. Coaching is all about building confidnece and setting up players for success with clear team rules and non negotiables. If Richo wants to create an environment for success he needs to provide simple instructions. You will not see players making simple mistakes like missing because they played on when right in front and basically 15-20 metres out from goal.

Where is the accountability as head coach? Why do we keep hearing that it is poor execution? If Mr Vanilla had the balls or the brains to do his job we might not be seeing the same mistakes continually. He needs to create team rules and tell his forwards to NOT play on (unless handballing to someone in the goal square perhaps) then you wouldn't see them being so confused when 15-20 metres from goal and so devoid of confidence that they stuff up shots that a 10 year old footballer would be nailing.

People might say that he can't do that. It stifles their natural instincts blah blah etc. Well I say, let the players get to a point where they are disciplined enough to be doing the basics. Get them to a point where they do have confidence and they are winning more than losing, then release the shackles a little after that

groupie1
Club Player

older saint wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 9:34am Coaching options from the posts above that jump straight out are Roos and Clarkson.

Options to me outside of that are Harvey (highly rated at Collingwood although such a club legend makes me nervous if he fails ), Carcella, or left field a little Ratten.

Down 4 men on the bench and not make inroads in the last qtr tells as much of a story as last week did about effort and playing for the coach, no more rubbish about 7 minutes of bad footy , much much more than that.

As someone said 5000 members at say $200 = contract payout!
The other one would be Brad Scott.

And yeah... amazing to think either of the 3 would go again/elsewhere. TBH... Clarkson would be my pick, and to me I would absolutely not want Roos.

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
asiu
Saintsational Legend

longmire would be the coach insinuated wouldnt it ???
at nearly 70% win loss

clarkson at 60

scott at 50

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

asiu wrote: Sun 12 Aug 2018 3:28pm longmire would be the coach insinuated wouldnt it ???
at nearly 70% win loss

clarkson at 60

scott at 50
No way do we want Roos as coach.
He hates the Saints, like a vegan hates Maccas.

One reason might be because the Dees and Saints were touted by media as rivals on similar paths,
and all such comparisons were met with disgust by him, as if our club were beneath contempt.
Like someone who drives a Chev, would look with disdain at a mere Commodore sporting the holy Bow-Tie
badge, because some bogan with more money than brains, has done an engine transplant.

initially i was planning on searching all current coaches' win loss ratio,
to see which ones he might be referring to.
Then I realised that he didn't specify that the candidates were in fact current senior coaches!

in fact, they could also be former coaches.
So I left it up to some of the more resourceful posters, like the celebrated and highly regarded "asiu"
to hunt down the likely "big fish" or potential future messiahs
who might be entrusted with the unenviable burden of
leading the lost, forlorn and disillusioned 12 Tribes of Moorabbin
unto the Promised Land.

For many ages past, it had been foretold that a saviour would one day walk amongst us,
and challenge the might of the Roman Empire, which is led by the much-feared McLachlan the Merciless.

Alas, we did have pretenders shout from the rooftops, that they wouldst deliver us from our misery,
and release the yoke of servitude.
But they took 20 pieces of silver and betrayed us to their true masters, and left us in despair.

As true Saints, we know that all of our suffering shall be repaid tenfold
in the joy of raising the Holy Grail at the Church on Linton St, one day soon.
The Church where blessed paintings of former saints smile down upon the anointed ones,
Saints like Winmar, Plugger, Baldock, Stewart, Roberts, Loewe, Lazar, Aaron Fiora...

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

asiu wrote: Sun 12 Aug 2018 3:28pm longmire would be the coach insinuated wouldnt it ???
at nearly 70% win loss

clarkson at 60

scott at 50
I reckon he's talking about Clarkson and Longmire.

If true, that's quite a predicament for the Board. Sit tight until the end of 2019 and then get Clarkson or Longmire, risking another shocking season and the damage that does. Or replace Richo now with an unproven Coach or one that has already failed once (Ratten) and miss out on Clarkson or Longmire.

Tough decision requiring a fair bit of wisdom.

thequarry
Club Player

David-Lee wrote: Fri 10 Aug 2018 8:16pm Nope. Theres no loophole in this contract.
If Richo is fired in the first season of the contract he gets full compensation for 2019 and 25% for 2020.

I'm not going to say I've seen the contract but I know who has and if he hadn't signed it he would have been let go mid season and caretaker coach was Kingsley.

We have sent out a few feelers to coaches that if we got would cost us double Richos contract. Two particular coaches were approached in first week of June by a certain person well respected in the afl and media.
Both shockingly said they are seriously considering a move in 2019/20.
So we keep him for 2019. Try to hire assistants, do trades and prepare for new coach in 2020 which firing Richo then only on 25% contract payout. But getting one of these two guys I literally spit out an ice cube when this person said their names. I was not a ITK. I was there because my wife was at Crown shopping with the wives and the lads were having as drink at place, I of course had lemonade. As I said before my friendship is married into and I dont claim to right I just know this guy who is married to ....... who is my wife's best friend and he is actually is someone we have shared time with for 27 years and now being at the club I talk little to no shop and we watch golf and eat what the women cook....or sit in the bar as they shop.

I believe this conversation was 100% and I also think no one would need to be friends with Simon to think Richo is gone next year and we want a top coach with a win ratio over 70% ( I think one approached is on 60ish the other 70).
But I added no thoughts just disappeared into the stool and sometimes I get to hear interesting club talk.
I'll bite.
Rough win % going into this round and contract status (might have missed an extension or two?)
- Chris Scott - 70% - (contracted until the end of 2019)
- John Longmire - 67% - (2020)
- Don Pyke - 65% - (2021)
- Adam Simpson - 64% - (2019)
- Alastair Clarkson - 62% - (2019)
- Ross Lyon - 59% - (2020)
- Ken Hinkley - 57% - (2021)
- Luke Beveridge - 55% - (2020)

howlinwolf
Club Player

If it's Chris Scott I'm done. lol

Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11
bigred
Saintsational Legend

howlinwolf wrote: Sun 12 Aug 2018 5:11pm If it's Chris Scott I'm done. lol
Same here.

Sell our soul for that next tuesday prick.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
axcellence
Club Player

Get rid of Richo by round 5 next year and let assistants run it. It’s a bitter pill but yeah...

kaos theory
Club Player

howlinwolf wrote: Sun 12 Aug 2018 5:11pm If it's Chris Scott I'm done. lol
I don't care if its Count Dracula, as long as the guy can coach and build the right culture at the club. Both the Scott brothers are very good coaches, miles ahead of our spud, and would transform the club in a positive way.

Would much rather have a coach with some mongrel about him.... think about the top coaches of recent times:
Mathews, Sheedy, Malthouse, Clarkson. etc.... All of them were pricks on the field, they were feared/respected by their players when coaching, and often get shirty with the media to defend their players....

Something our lap dog could never do...

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote: Sun 12 Aug 2018 4:38pm
at nearly 70% win loss

clarkson at 60

scott at 50

If true, that's quite a predicament for the Board. Sit tight until the end of 2019 and then get Clarkson or Longmire, risking another shocking season and the damage that does. Or replace Richo now with an unproven Coach or one that has already failed once (Ratten) and miss out on Clarkson or Longmire.

No guarantee on waiting and getting them
Guaranteed of more of same with this muppet and a massive member loss next season

“Yeah….nah””
Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Teflon wrote: Sun 12 Aug 2018 8:14pm
Linton Lodger wrote: Sun 12 Aug 2018 4:38pm
at nearly 70% win loss

clarkson at 60

scott at 50

No guarantee on waiting and getting them
Guaranteed of more of same with this muppet and a massive member loss next season
You make a compelling point, but I half suspect that's their cunning plan.

groupie1
Club Player

Any1 reckon its Ratten in as assistant in 2019 to help lubricate Clarkson in for 2020 ? Geez, I like it, if that's the plan.

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga