We are in the Friend Zone

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

We are in the Friend Zone

Listening to SEN and discussing football with work colleagues etc - I have come to the conclusion that we are in the AFLs friend zone.

Lots of people want us to succeed - but only after they have
We are genuine Nice Guys
We are accepting of whatever little scraps are left out
We do not rant and rave when we are royally screwed.

We are the guy who will not only help the pretty girl move her TV - we will help her move it into some other fella's house!!!!

I don't want to be that guy - I want to be the team that others say:
- "f*** St Kilda" those bastards ruined our season
- Why don't we get a deal as good as St Kilda
- Would St Kilda put up with that from the Umpires/MRO/AFL etc

As someone on SEN said this morning - Grow a Pair St Kilda - at this point members is all that you have to lose, and if you do nothing - you will lose them!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
spert
Saintsational Legend

Re: We are in the Friend Zone

Sainter_Dad wrote: Thu 16 Aug 2018 9:06am Listening to SEN and discussing football with work colleagues etc - I have come to the conclusion that we are in the AFLs friend zone.

Lots of people want us to succeed - but only after they have
We are genuine Nice Guys
We are accepting of whatever little scraps are left out
We do not rant and rave when we are royally screwed.

We are the guy who will not only help the pretty girl move her TV - we will help her move it into some other fella's house!!!!

I don't want to be that guy - I want to be the team that others say:
- "f*** St Kilda" those bastards ruined our season
- Why don't we get a deal as good as St Kilda
- Would St Kilda put up with that from the Umpires/MRO/AFL etc

As someone on SEN said this morning - Grow a Pair St Kilda - at this point members is all that you have to lose, and if you do nothing - you will lose them!
Need someone like GT back at the club in other words

degruch
Saintsational Legend

That was us for decades prior to the early 2000's as well, but from about 2004 onwards (particularly when we really hit our straps in 2009) I've never heard so much spite thrown at a team from opposition supporters than towards the Saints...people are only happy when we're losing.

Bring on the haters again, I can't wait!

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

degruch wrote: Thu 16 Aug 2018 9:10am That was us for decades prior to the early 2000's as well, but from about 2004 onwards (particularly when we really hit our straps in 2009) I've never heard so much spite thrown at a team from opposition supporters than towards the Saints...people are only happy when we're losing.

I agree with this. We used to be everyones second favourite team but now there is an irrational hatred of St.Kilda. I just wish it was for the right reasons.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
happy feet
Club Player

I think it is hilarious that Essendon supporters, on Facebook, we calling for our club to be wound up. This is from the club who instigated the most comprehensive doping program in Australia's sports history and dragged our great game into disrepute. Add this to the salary cap cheating year after year, but spectacularly in their 1993 premiership year, the AFL should have stripped them of the title but did not have the balls to do it.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Selhurst Saint wrote: Thu 16 Aug 2018 11:55am
degruch wrote: Thu 16 Aug 2018 9:10am That was us for decades prior to the early 2000's as well, but from about 2004 onwards (particularly when we really hit our straps in 2009) I've never heard so much spite thrown at a team from opposition supporters than towards the Saints...people are only happy when we're losing.

I agree with this. We used to be everyones second favourite team but now there is an irrational hatred of St.Kilda. I just wish it was for the right reasons.
We stopped being favourites after we got rid of Blight and GT became coach. There was also the off field stuff which didn’t go down well with people

I don’t want to be everyone’s second favourite team anyway. It’s patronising and condescending.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
older saint
SS Life Member

Unfortunately then the powers at board level decided we need to be more open and accomodating to the media after big bad Ross left... well that worked well for us didn't it.