Training

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Training

Unfortunately trained a bit like a broken club. On a positive good to see Robbo continue to be a bit more involved in the full training routines.

barneyboyz
Club Player

Re: Training

tony74 wrote: Thu 16 Aug 2018 5:29pm Unfortunately trained a bit like a broken club. On a positive good to see Robbo continue to be a bit more involved in the full training routines.
Like a recovering addict...needs to hit bottom before the climb back. Now, let's wait for the denial to cease in order to complete the process.

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote: Thu 16 Aug 2018 5:29pm Unfortunately trained a bit like a broken club. On a positive good to see Robbo continue to be a bit more involved in the full training routines.
In fairness it must be pretty hard to be motivated at the moment.

The majority of the coaching group has been informed they are going and the players have very little to play for as a team.

Must be a difficult environment to stay positive and be "up and about".

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

A few down there have got two weeks to demonstrate they are worthy of a spot.. so they should have some motivation.
Minch, Weller, Lonie, Dunstan, Newnes to name a few

Nee!
The Craw
Club Player

Hey T74 ... thanks for the insight, but I have to say that is very disappointing.

To me it sounds like that when the group, and in saying that, collectively (admin, coaches, board) have finally been held accountable, they have packed up their respective bats and gone home.

That is pissweak .... no respect at all for the members and supporters of the club.

The fact that this group could think that they could get away with delivering the tripe dished up week in and week out and have no scrutiny placed on their performance, just goes to show that they do not embody what is actually the SPIRIT of St Kilda.

They should hang there collective heads in shame. They do not have the right to represent STKFC.

I have no sympathy for them what so ever.

They are a disgrace and collectively should not be allowed to wear the FORTIUS QUO FIDELIUS crest.

Not Craw, CRAW!
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Not entirely surprising T74. They were either going to show that they were fired up and ready to run through brick walls for the coach/each other or quickly become resigned to the blanket media coverage detailing the dire situation at hand. It would be nigh on impossible to take shelter from it all this week so, it is what it is now. Can't think we'll now not get slaughtered this Sat night.

Our Admin executives, Board and long-term coaches have a lot to answer for and I'm really glad those questions are finally being asked and I just hope that when the AFL begins to de-facto run us - they'll install people that know what the hell they are doing.

Go you red, black & white warriors
sendmehomehappy
Club Player

Let's just pray that it is not even a worse debacle than that game against the Hawks at arctic park during Timid's reign.

" If thought corrupts language then language can also corrupt thought."

Politics and the English Language George Orwell
howlinwolf
Club Player

Thanks Tony.
Unfortunately when people like you and Jaxon's reports are not upbeat it spells a serious situation.
I take notice.

I like to think of myself as a resilient person. It's one of THE most useful virtues in life.
Being a rusted on Saints supporter says we all are.

Generally in life we are willing to persevere, save, build, rebuild, survive and not die.

However, there's always sense in being pragmatic.
We will survive as supporters but will our club ?

This is one of our last chances to get it right !

Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11
sendmehomehappy
Club Player

So good to see Robbo back on the track. Fingers Crossed.

" If thought corrupts language then language can also corrupt thought."

Politics and the English Language George Orwell
St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

The spirit has finally broken. It happened in the stands about 3 weeks ago, sounds like it's finally got to the players.

The media coverage for the club this week has been brutal. We've had it coming all year. Carlton and GC have kept them busy for a while, but this week was our turn.

The faster Round 1 2019 comes, the better......

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

C'mon what do people expect?
  • Some coaches already sacked
  • Richo stating it is all the players and we have a poor list (= the players are poor players)
  • Lethers stating he will be major list changes (= there is the door...)
That is not going to make for positive training.

Only aspect that will have been up is the fingerpointing!

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

fugazi wrote: Thu 16 Aug 2018 5:48pm A few down there have got two weeks to demonstrate they are worthy of a spot.. so they should have some motivation.
Minch, Weller, Lonie, Dunstan, Newnes to name a few
to me its the double whammy
the current list needs to show they are worthy of being kept
and OR
show prospective rival clubs they are worth poaching

Seeya
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

saintsRrising wrote: Thu 16 Aug 2018 6:27pm Only aspect that will have been up is the fingerpointing!
is goddard back at linton st ?

Seeya
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Thu 16 Aug 2018 5:56pm
Not entirely surprising T74. They were either going to show that they were fired up and ready to run through brick walls for the coach/each other or quickly become resigned to the blanket media coverage detailing the dire situation at hand. It would be nigh on impossible to take shelter from it all this week so, it is what it is now. Can't think we'll now not get slaughtered this Sat night.

Our Admin executives, Board and long-term coaches have a lot to answer for and I'm really glad those questions are finally being asked and I just hope that when the AFL begins to de-facto run us - they'll install people that know what the hell they are doing.
Sometimes training isn't always an accurate indicator of performance. But you don't want to face Hawthorn going at half pace. Especially in a home game in front of your own members. Sometimes at this time of year there can be some real boilovers. Live in hope.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Kick-it-lace-out
Club Player

Trying to turn this negative into a positive, the broken spirit may result in an absolute belting at the hands of the Hawks, which in turn could make Richo’s role untenable despite his two year contract extension.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Consistent: AR heard somewhere something like you play as you train, and has managed to get it arse about, as usual.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Thu 16 Aug 2018 5:42pm

The majority of the coaching group has been informed they are going and the players have very little to play for as a team.

But you don't just give up. That sort of behaviour is a habit which is hard to break. I am hoping for the best for Saturday night, but after the last two weeks the team had better not just quit on us. Remember this; the play is the thing. Everything else is just noise, and if I was AR, and if job self-preservation is a trait that I possess, I would be telling the team that tonight at training, and on Saturday night.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Hawks by 80 then?

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

The Craw wrote: Thu 16 Aug 2018 5:50pm Hey T74 ... thanks for the insight, but I have to say that is very disappointing.

To me it sounds like that when the group, and in saying that, collectively (admin, coaches, board) have finally been held accountable, they have packed up their respective bats and gone home.

That is pissweak .... no respect at all for the members and supporters of the club.

The fact that this group could think that they could get away with delivering the tripe dished up week in and week out and have no scrutiny placed on their performance, just goes to show that they do not embody what is actually the SPIRIT of St Kilda.

They should hang there collective heads in shame. They do not have the right to represent STKFC.

I have no sympathy for them what so ever.

They are a disgrace and collectively should not be allowed to wear the FORTIUS QUO FIDELIUS crest.
I have great empathy and sympathy for them. The players have been publicly shamed by a coach and management as pawns in covering their own arses. How would you feel if your boss had publicly shifted the blame onto you for his own incompetence? Not at all surprised the players feel that way. The true disgrace is Richardson, Lethlean and Finnis publicly shaming the playing group. If they have genuine concerns with the quality of the players, then quality managers would deal with it in house, not by public shaming. It reflects on them far more than it does on the players.

As Barneyboyz posted, it’s necessary for management to stop denying and be accountable for the disaster that this year has been. And if they won’t man up, and that’s looking doubtful, then they need to be shown the door ASAP.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote: Thu 16 Aug 2018 6:27pm C'mon what do people expect?
  • Some coaches already sacked
  • Richo stating it is all the players and we have a poor list (= the players are poor players)
  • Lethers stating he will be major list changes (= there is the door...)
That is not going to make for positive training.

Only aspect that will have been up is the fingerpointing!
Exactly. Management and coaching accountability = a big fat zero.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

prwilkinson wrote: Thu 16 Aug 2018 6:45pm Hawks by 80 then?

Who knows.

Only thing I do know that % may decide f the Hawks finish in the Top 4 or not after the next two games and so they will be keen to increase there % and to not have it slide.

saintbob
SS Life Member

Joffa Burns wrote: Thu 16 Aug 2018 5:42pm

I find it difficult to believe the players are flat and unmotivated, how can they not be UP and ABOUT with The Insipid One speaking to them in his monotone voice bereft of any emotion what so ever.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

It’s basically a bit of a miserable place at the moment. A grand total of 3 watched training. Richo looks like a man condemned. Matt F wandering around with things on his mind, Simon L keeping an eye on things with his usual scowl. If it wasn’t for Gilbo and Spudder you’d swear there was a death in the family.
Jakey C nowhere to be seen either.
Sound pretty dire but I’m only the messenger.
P.S. They did have loads of goal kicking practice!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote: Thu 16 Aug 2018 9:51pm It’s basically a bit of a miserable place at the moment. A grand total of 3 watched training. Richo looks like a man condemned. Matt F wandering around with things on his mind, Simon L keeping an eye on things with his usual scowl. If it wasn’t for Gilbo and Spudder you’d swear there was a death in the family.
That’s what I want to hear actually.

Summers, Finnis & Richo all getting the chop

That’s a positive - biggest of the year!

I hope it happens the week after the final round, so prospective FA’s know it will be a new St Kilda next year, pasoibly with a competent coach and board.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote: Thu 16 Aug 2018 9:51pm It’s basically a bit of a miserable place at the moment. A grand total of 3 watched training. Richo looks like a man condemned. Matt F wandering around with things on his mind, Simon L keeping an eye on things with his usual scowl. If it wasn’t for Gilbo and Spudder you’d swear there was a death in the family.

Chin up T74 as you are obviously a true believer. Bu.t it is time for a fresh start.

For good or bad, with Summers now going, and then Richo, we are off to exactly that.