The coach has lost the players

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Myron Gaines
Club Player

The coach has lost the players

There’s enough evidence to suggest Richo has lost the players & they no longer have faith in him as a coach nor as someone they can trust.

Richo continues to avoid accountability & has targeted the players as underperforming. The first step in his public blaming of the players was being party to the sacking of the list manager, meaning he’s blaming the list ie the players.

With regard to the players lacking faith in Richo’s ability to construct a successful game plan & execute such game plan on match day went into overdrive during the Geelong match earlier in the year. I suspect it all ‘clicked’ & they suddenly thought “this bloke clearly has no idea what he is doing”.

Murmurs that players, which includes some of our brightest young stars are not committed to the club long term because they believe in the current environment they are being deprived the opportunity to flourish as footballers.

Apparently, Gresham has a contract in front of him however won’t re-sign because he wants to see where the club is at next year. Billings is being pressured by family & his manager to consider his options. Acres looking to return to WA. Dunstan to SA. Brownless has been encouraging Paddy to consider moving to Geelong for two years.

Richo, Finnis & Summers are slowly ripping the heart out of this club we love. They must be moved on before they do even more damage. The only thing holding the club together before this year was Nick Riewoldt & Joey Montagna. Since they’ve left, the cracks have appeared more obvious.

Simply, the majority of supporters & players have lost confidence in the club & it’s become untenable.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Re: The coach has lost the players

He lost them before this season started. Back in 2016.

JR23
Club Player

Great post and just about sums it up. We have some talent but they are working with Ronald McDonald's. Understand why the young players want to leave. We provide no development, poor coaching, lack of leadership and direction. Ouch. just watch the supporters and AFL walk. Well done Richo, Summers and Finnis. At least some have day jobs

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

OK, no names, no pack drill. My wife works with the mother of one of our young players. A young player that many have queried not getting more games, a young player that on the rare occasions he has had a chance has acquitted himself reasonably well, and who is a good user of the ball. According to this player's mother, she wants him traded out of the club and hates Richo. Reckons he basically hasn't spoken to her son this season!! Now I will preface this by saying that I realise it is a biased point of view, but I am reporting it as it was relayed it to me, and according to her Richo has his little clique of favourite players and basically barely speaks to the rest of the playing list. Any wonder we have waited so long to see some of these kids in the seniors, and why there is a palpable lack of "team" in our team!!

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Junior
Club Player

True Believer wrote: Sat 18 Aug 2018 3:30pm OK, no names, no pack drill. My wife works with the mother of one of our young players. A young player that many have queried not getting more games, a young player that on the rare occasions he has had a chance has acquitted himself reasonably well, and who is a good user of the ball. According to this player's mother, she wants him traded out of the club and hates Richo. Reckons he basically hasn't spoken to her son this season!! Now I will preface this by saying that I realise it is a biased point of view, but I am reporting it as it was relayed it to me, and according to her Richo has his little clique of favourite players and basically barely speaks to the rest of the playing list. Any wonder we have waited so long to see some of these kids in the seniors, and why there is a palpable lack of "team" in our team!!
Can you get your wife to say hi to Brandon Whites mum.

In all seriousness was told last week that Dunstan and Richo have had a falling out and don’t talk.

A champion team will always beat a team of champions.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Sounds like Brandon White.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
jaxons
Club Player

There was an incident a few weeks ago that was bad enough that Richo had to apologise to the entire group.
The players can't stand him.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote: Sat 18 Aug 2018 4:18pm There was an incident a few weeks ago that was bad enough that Richo had to apologise to the entire group.
Well then he’s cooked if we didn’t have enough evidence already
Am a little concerned he’s involved in discussions with Ratten though..

“Yeah….nah””
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Junior wrote: Sat 18 Aug 2018 3:40pm
In all seriousness was told last week that Dunstan and Richo have had a falling out and don’t talk.
over the last few weeks during AR's little sojourns down to the bench I have seen both Hickey and Geary have fairly animated conversations with him
increasing signs that there is a disconnection between coach, plan and players

Seeya
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote: Sat 18 Aug 2018 3:30pm OK, no names, no pack drill. My wife works with the mother of one of our young players. A young player that many have queried not getting more games, a young player that on the rare occasions he has had a chance has acquitted himself reasonably well, and who is a good user of the ball. According to this player's mother, she wants him traded out of the club and hates Richo. Reckons he basically hasn't spoken to her son this season!! Now I will preface this by saying that I realise it is a biased point of view, but I am reporting it as it was relayed it to me, and according to her Richo has his little clique of favourite players and basically barely speaks to the rest of the playing list. Any wonder we have waited so long to see some of these kids in the seniors, and why there is a palpable lack of "team" in our team!!
No surprise to hear that. And all those posters blaming the players, saying they lack substance and will.....what do you expect when the leader engenders zero respect. Sounds like it’s getting really poisonous down there. Bring on the end of the year and Richardson’s sacking. Can’t carry on into next year. It just can’t.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

jaxons wrote: Sat 18 Aug 2018 4:18pm There was an incident a few weeks ago that was bad enough that Richo had to apologise to the entire group.
So, either you are just making s*** up and have no clue or you do work for the club and are happy to spill your guts on a public forum and should be fired immediately. Either way you are <edited by mods>

<warning for abuse>

SaintWodonga
Club Player

White should have played a lot more.

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
jaxons
Club Player

BringBackMadDog wrote: Sat 18 Aug 2018 4:48pm
So, either you are just making s*** up and have no clue or you do work for the club and are happy to spill your guts on a public forum and should be fired immediately. Either way you are a creep
Or none of your options above.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

So, either you are just making s*** up and have no clue or you do work for the club and are happy to spill your guts on a public forum and should be fired immediately. Either way you are a creep
Or about a million different scenarios...

Do you ever have anything to say that isn’t attacking someone.
Geeez you must be a miserable person

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote: Sat 18 Aug 2018 4:48pm So, either you are just making s*** up and have no clue or you do work for the club and are happy to spill your guts on a public forum and should be fired immediately. Either way you are a creep
perhaps a bigger mystery is how you get away with posting abuse like that

Post away jaxons - ALL insights appreciated

Seeya
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Can someone just say what is happening.
Why did Richo have to apologise also? What is that about?

Sick of the cloak and daggers stuff. Otherwise, its all just heresay or made up.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
Myron Gaines
Club Player

jaxons wrote: Sat 18 Aug 2018 5:19pm
Or none of your options above.
What’s today’s odds on richo retaining his job?

jaxons
Club Player

parkeysainter wrote: Sat 18 Aug 2018 5:28pm Can someone just say what is happening.

Sick of the cloak and daggers stuff. Otherwise, its all just heresay or made up.
Not posting on here for you lot anymore.

Myron Gaines
Club Player

parkeysainter wrote: Sat 18 Aug 2018 5:28pm Can someone just say what is happening.

Did you see the incident between Hickey & Richo on the bench the other week when he told Tom to get back on the park despite hardly being able to walk?

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Myron Gaines wrote: Sat 18 Aug 2018 5:35pm

Did you see the incident between Hickey & Richo on the bench the other week when he told Tom to get back on the park despite hardly being able to walk?
Nup. But players and coaches can argue. Its not the U/14's. Clarkson had plenty of biffs with his premiership stars.

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote: Sat 18 Aug 2018 5:35pm

Not posting on here for you lot anymore.
dont blame you given those guys' attacks really

but could you send me the occasional PM ? I will keep it to myself - promise

Seeya
Myron Gaines
Club Player

parkeysainter wrote: Sat 18 Aug 2018 5:41pm

Nup. But players and coaches can argue. Its not the U/14's. Clarkson had plenty of biffs with his premiership stars.
I’m talking about the coach telling his injured player to get back on the field which is an OHS issue. It isn’t the 80s anymore.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Myron Gaines wrote: Sat 18 Aug 2018 5:42pm

I’m talking about the coach telling his injured player to get back on the field which is an OHS issue. It isn’t the 80s anymore.
Maybe the docs cleared him though? Who knows.

longtimesaint
Club Player

parkeysainter wrote: Sat 18 Aug 2018 5:45pm
Myron Gaines wrote: Sat 18 Aug 2018 5:42pm

Maybe the docs cleared him though? Who knows.
He would have to be cleared by the doctor or the club would be in trouble with the AFL

One year will be our year
Bruce G McAbee
Club Player

The more I read the more I realize that there has to do something drastic over the off season.
Right now I can only see us having a chance to beat Gold Coast, Carlton and Fremantle next year and those interstate teams only if we play them at home.
We are rudderless right now.

Think of me long enough to make a memory.