So it was all the Assistants fault

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

older saint
SS Life Member

So it was all the Assistants fault

So we are now to believe that all our angst about coaching and the poor performance of the team this season was due to the Assistant Coaches being no good ?
I would have thought the Head Coach takes information from the Assistants and then tell them what he wants them to be doing / teaching / focusing on. Sure some will not perform at the level required and need replacing , but the majority of them.....
And then one gets a job with the reigning Premiers , so he mustn’t be much good , and gets replaced with a guy who left Richmond following missing the 8, and now Port after missing the 8.
Either 100% correct decision and therefore coach over delegates and not strong enough , or change for change sake because coach’s payout due to board decision is uneconomical

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Re: So it was all the Assistants fault

no the majority wants the head coach gone aswell.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

I do not think that there are many besides our Board and CEO that think Richo should be retained.

I wonder what Bassat actually thinks? Though he was on the board that rubber stamped his contract extension.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Fish rots from ze tail

David-Lee
Club Player

I dont agree but the Saints staff think Richo can grow, he can lead the team at least a tad forward and then we save mega money we don't actually have. We add to our massive debt we give the AFL ammo to control our club even more than now!
No coach is going to lift us much higher than 6-8 wins at best next year.
The players need development and a few switches on assistants will help. Kingsley was not part of the problem in my opinion but Richo wanted him gone last season and couldn't wait to throw him under the bus. I did hear a snippet last year at season end that Richo had talked to Bain about moving Richo on and pursuing a Hawks assistant. I wasn't 100% on the context then, still am not, so maybe I'm wrong, but now it seems what I thought I heard was true and this year I'm not banned from sharing anonymous chatter now.

kaos theory
Club Player

older saint wrote: Mon 27 Aug 2018 6:54pm So we are now to believe that all our angst about coaching and the poor performance of the team this season was due to the Assistant Coaches being no good ?
I would have thought the Head Coach takes information from the Assistants and then tell them what he wants them to be doing / teaching / focusing on. Sure some will not perform at the level required and need replacing , but the majority of them.....
And then one gets a job with the reigning Premiers , so he mustn’t be much good , and gets replaced with a guy who left Richmond following missing the 8, and now Port after missing the 8.
Either 100% correct decision and therefore coach over delegates and not strong enough , or change for change sake because coach’s payout due to board decision is uneconomical
We have an idiotic Board and Management that do not want to admit they made a massive blunder hiring the guy in the first place (a rushed job), and then another blunder by giving him a 2 year extension.

We need the board and management overthrown before they destroy the club completely.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

They (the Assts) had a chance to persuade Richo his approach was rubbish and failed. So much for advocacy. Good bye chaps. Lethlean has not bothered to persuade, he has told Richo you need to follow what Lade and particularly Ratten tell you. It doesn't matter if you don't understand. Convey it clearly,strongly, in a pleasing manner and be positive it will work. And be grateful. Can you do that Alan. If you can't you have to sit at the back of the meetings and be quiet; your headset will be turned off during games. Don't think of going to the bench unless you have punched a wall and need first aid.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Yorkeys wrote: Mon 27 Aug 2018 11:32pm your headset will be turned off during games.
That is quote of the week. Well played Sir.

And also, not a bad idea.

Go you red, black & white warriors
Gershwin
Club Player

Clearly one coach cannot do it all these days. That time is long gone. You need a team of coaches all with their own areas of expertise.

From what I have heard Richo is an excellent people manager. The players have 100% confidence in him. It is fair to say that some of the other coaches have struggled with their portfolios. I don't see a problem with changing the assistants.

As I have said in a different post the failure of Billings and McCartin and our inability to recruit a marquee player has been our biggest problem.

summertime and the living is easy ........