Freeman delisted

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Re: Freeman delisted

(I think - I only caught the last sentence) Dal said on SEN that if Freeman was de-listed there are plenty of others who should be waiting for the news, otherwise it does not make sense.

And - just to be clear - I do not care if we 'Kill Bambi', 'De-list Freeman' or whatever it takes to win a Premiership Cup - I just cannot see that there is a better plan in place and that Nathan's de-listing is just a scape goat re-action.
Last edited by Sainter_Dad on Wed 29 Aug 2018 2:35pm, edited 1 time in total.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Is he being rookied though?
I took it as a NO reading between the lines.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
minneapolis
Club Player

I think we have to make room for 8 new players.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
shrodes
SS Life Member

Tommyj
Club Player

I hope he gets picked up becomes a star and sticks it this clubs <edited by mods>

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote: Wed 29 Aug 2018 1:54am I really feel for the kid. What a cruel blow, after having to wait so long for his body to come right and finally get that first game of AFL football. It's an indictment on this whole Richardson era. Seems to only encapsulate what a dud of a coach he has turned out to be.

Someone posted a song of the same title, but this is the real one:

I'm enjoying the inclusion of thematic video clips in threads...Should be compulsory.....makes this forum a bit more joyous somehow.
If only I knew how to do it.

Nee!
ace
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote: Tue 28 Aug 2018 10:00pm Didn’t give the kid much of a chance
Freeman played only 55% of game time in his second game.
They refused to give him a game when the team was struggling and he was accumulating disposals at Sandringham.
He was either injured in that game or the coaches had already decided he was going to dump him.

If he was not injured that is totally despicable.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
freely
SS Hall of Fame

fugazi wrote: Wed 29 Aug 2018 7:07pm
Sainternist wrote: Wed 29 Aug 2018 1:54am I really feel for the kid. What a cruel blow, after having to wait so long for his body to come right and finally get that first game of AFL football. It's an indictment on this whole Richardson era. Seems to only encapsulate what a dud of a coach he has turned out to be.

Someone posted a song of the same title, but this is the real one:

I'm enjoying the inclusion of thematic video clips in threads...Should be compulsory.....makes this forum a bit more joyous somehow.
If only I knew how to do it.
arghhhh!! it's still the wrong clip! Chloe Howl I tells ya!

dragit
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote: Tue 28 Aug 2018 10:05pm
Royston wrote: Tue 28 Aug 2018 10:03pm Surprised there is surprise about this....was patently obvious this was going to happen.
Was picked to appease the vocal minority and to reward the lad for his persistence and perseverance
in the knowledge he would not be going around with us in 2019...

There are no fairy tales at Linton St !
I'm really not surprised either.
Really?

You said just a few weeks ago that freeman was one of the players we had to hold on to going forward?

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

dragit wrote: Wed 29 Aug 2018 9:35pm
Royston wrote: Tue 28 Aug 2018 10:03pm Surprised there is surprise about this....was patently obvious this was going to happen.
Was picked to appease the vocal minority and to reward the lad for his persistence and perseverance

Really?

You said just a few weeks ago that freeman was one of the players we had to hold on to going forward?
He meant to say 'wasn't', Dragstar. Parkey misspoke.

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Really?

So?
Still not suprised they cut him. I have further and good inside word that he won't ever become what we wanted. His body is not what it should be. It won't get there.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

So!
What you are saying two weeks ago your good inside word gave you the good guff that he was worth keeping
Now your good inside word is telling you his body will never be right
And that was decided after two afl games
Ok then

Seeya
groupie1
Club Player

I understand the reason he was delisted. But I equally think its baffling - a one-year extension to see if he could raise his fitness to where it needed when he finally had the chance. What a complete waste of time.

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

groupie1 wrote: Thu 30 Aug 2018 7:00am I understand the reason he was delisted. But I equally think its baffling - a one-year extension to see if he could raise his fitness to where it needed when he finally had the chance. What a complete waste of time.
Move on buddy.

We have had a bad habit of keeping duds on our list far too long. Look at Wright & Goddard. Both showed nothing last year and were kept on.

Effing Meatball never does much. Longer can’t ruck. Gilbo is done. Armo can’t run. Langlands will get flushed down the toilet soon enough.

White can’t get a game but will be given another 3 years to do nothing.

Joyce - a one game wonder.

McKenzie - runs hard but not skilful enough.

Dunstan - gets worse with age. Peaked at 21.

We could easily delist 10 this year, not including coaching staff, and still keep plenty who have “potential”.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
freely
SS Hall of Fame

I guess the diff with Freeman was his determination to succeed and the sense that that was exactly the sort of quality we'd be wanting to bottle for the future of we possibly could. Name 5 others on our list who have that quality.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote: Wed 29 Aug 2018 10:11pm

Really?

So?
Still not suprised they cut him. I have further and good inside word that he won't ever become what we wanted. His body is not what it should be. It won't get there.
We are 'hoping' that McCartin comes good and we are taking a fair bit of risk with Paddy, so I don't see why we couldn't have rookied Nathan or offered him a 1 year deal like Geelong did with Menzel at the end of last year. Unless the Saints have 4-5 ready made players that are committed to playing at Morabbin next year, there are plenty of others that have already retired, been delisted, or will be moved on in the trade period

Apparantly we have offered Menzel a multi year contract. If we had any brains we could have picked him up if we'd offered him a contract in 2017. 12 months ago the Saints, the Cats and a lot of other clubs were wary of his body. Now he has a lot more control over how much he'll get paid and good luck to him.

If Geelong used the same logic you are using for Freeman then they would have never had the courage to retain him on the list up until now

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Beno88 wrote: Wed 29 Aug 2018 1:13pm
Sainter_Dad wrote: Wed 29 Aug 2018 12:24pm
Beno88 wrote: Wed 29 Aug 2018 9:22am Is he in our best 22? No.
Name 21 better than him?

Based on his 2 games - and VFL Form?

Or better still - name 35 better than him - because a club does not exist from just 22 players.
He may be depth, he may be a future star - we do not know - and unless someone else picks him up and he tears it up - we will now never know.

For mine still a top 35 player

We are not a team who have potential stars knocking down the door. He may only be serviceable - but hell - what I would give for 22 serviceable players on the park each week of 2018.

We were Crap all of 2018 - and Freeman made us slightly less Crap.

Harsh Call for mine - there are others who should free up places on the list before Freeman.

Disclaimer - The club MAY know something that has not been shared with the public etc that may have forced the decision.
There have been 29 named ahead of him the last two weeks. He may be depth, but you don't keep an injury prone player on your list for a fourth season because he may be depth. It's tough call, but we need to make plenty.
Hello, McCartin

While Freeman did lose his pace I thought he could be a good onballer as he has lightning quick hands and can kick with both feet (albeit not a long kick). We could have had our own Sam Mitchell/Tom Mitchell but Richo plays him on the wing for two weeks :roll: and now he's gone.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
groupie1
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote: Thu 30 Aug 2018 7:23am
groupie1 wrote: Thu 30 Aug 2018 7:00am I understand the reason he was delisted. But I equally think its baffling - a one-year extension to see if he could raise his fitness to where it needed when he finally had the chance. What a complete waste of time.
Move on buddy.

We have had a bad habit of keeping duds on our list far too long. Look at Wright & Goddard. Both showed nothing last year and were kept on.

Effing Meatball never does much. Longer can’t ruck. Gilbo is done. Armo can’t run. Langlands will get flushed down the toilet soon enough.

White can’t get a game but will be given another 3 years to do nothing.

Joyce - a one game wonder.

McKenzie - runs hard but not skilful enough.

Dunstan - gets worse with age. Peaked at 21.

We could easily delist 10 this year, not including coaching staff, and still keep plenty who have “potential”.
Agreed with all except Joyce and McKenzie (and Freeman)

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
jays
Club Player

feel for the guy but i think he is cooked Image

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

I would rather Freeman in the team than Geary, i would bet he offers more in every aspect of the game.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote: Wed 29 Aug 2018 10:11pm

sunsaint wrote: Thu 30 Aug 2018 12:35am So!
What you are saying two weeks ago your good inside word gave you the good guff that he was worth keeping
Now your good inside word is telling you his body will never be right
And that was decided after two afl games
Ok then
:D :D :D

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sun 02 Sep 2018 10:17am I would rather Freeman in the team than Geary, i would bet he offers more in every aspect of the game.
You continue to prove you know nothing about football. :roll:

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Tue 04 Sep 2018 11:57am
The_Dud wrote: Sun 02 Sep 2018 10:17am I would rather Freeman in the team than Geary, i would bet he offers more in every aspect of the game.
Hey Curls, when I saw your username I thought you were going top blame the umpires for Freeman's delisting :wink:

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Wed 05 Sep 2018 10:28am
CURLY wrote: Tue 04 Sep 2018 11:57am
Hey Curls, when I saw your username I thought you were going top blame the umpires for Freeman's delisting :wink:
I thought Curls was going to give the dud a finger jab in the eye followed by a slap around his chops.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Wonder if the delisting of Freeman has anything to do with the rumours around the players supposedly wanting out of the club?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.