Mark Williams

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Mark Williams

"Williams, who coached the Power to its only premiership in 2004 and is in talks with St Kilda over a coaching or development role for next season, said someone must pay the price for what happened."

From today's hun.

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

st.byron wrote: Sat 01 Sep 2018 4:07pm
bigred wrote: Fri 31 Aug 2018 11:11am Yeah get him in.

Sorry, but having blokes like Ratten and Williams under Richo looks a lot more legit than what we have had in the past decade.
Don’t reckon they’ll be ‘under Richo’. Surely not. Getting blokes like that suggests to me there’s a bigger announcement to come re coaching.
I wouldn't expect it to happen before the start of next season. However, with the people the club is getting to me it comes across as a way of saying to AR 'you've got the best people behind you so there are no excuses'. From there, if the on field situation doesn't turn around dramatically in the early part of 2019 Richo is on borrowed time.
We'll either have a good start to the year or we'll have a new coach.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

remboy wrote: Sat 01 Sep 2018 5:04pm

Sorry, but having blokes like Ratten and Williams under Richo looks a lot more legit than what we have had in the past decade.
Don’t reckon they’ll be ‘under Richo’. Surely not. Getting blokes like that suggests to me there’s a bigger announcement to come re coaching.
I wouldn't expect it to happen before the start of next season. However, with the people the club is getting to me it comes across as a way of saying to AR 'you've got the best people behind you so there are no excuses'. From there, if the on field situation doesn't turn around dramatically in the early part of 2019 Richo is on borrowed time.
You could be right, but if it’s true, and it appears to have some credence, that several important players want out, then that indicates how dire things are. And Bassat did not unequivocally say Richardson would be coach next year. Every chance he wont be IMO.

kalsaint
Club Player

Winmar7 wrote: Fri 31 Aug 2018 11:45am Another excellent move - go Lethers!

Also, his daughter is dating one D Shiel...
That might be a reaon for Shiel not to show interest at the Saints. What if they spilt? Will that cause problems if Shiel was enticed tot he club?
Possibly

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
remboy
SS Hall of Fame

st.byron wrote: Sat 01 Sep 2018 5:20pm
remboy wrote: Sat 01 Sep 2018 5:04pm

You could be right, but if it’s true, and it appears to have some credence, that several important players want out, then that indicates how dire things are. And Bassat did not unequivocally say Richardson would be coach next year. Every chance he wont be IMO.
Yes, his response was very interesting. I can't remember a coach not giving the coach his full support when asked about his future. At the very least it indicates that his future isn't guaranteed.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
David-Lee
Club Player

dragit wrote: Fri 31 Aug 2018 11:47am I thought he was a nut case and that's why we didn't get him as coach 5 years ago?
According to another inside source ( I told this fable previously, it wasn't my mate and it was told to the person sitting behind me and I casually eavesdropped the whole conversation like a douche) :
- Harvey was a shoe in until he opened his mouth and somehow he failed to communicate well, was too nervous and one panelist said he quality of being " humble was prohibitive for a head coach. He didn't strongly state a strategic way forward.

- William's was too passionate, he came in late and under dressed, he laid out extensive terms including final say of game day selection, a significant voice in drafting and a 4 year contract with a 3 year full payout if they cut him loose.

- Richo was calm, lovely, said all the buzzwords and had a brilliant power point presentation for his strategic plan.

Hence, we got Richo. Which shows how selection committees fail, they passed up passion, a golden son and settled for a Mr Rodgers type

kalsaint
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote: Fri 31 Aug 2018 5:27pm
saintsRrising wrote: Fri 31 Aug 2018 4:45pm Our Assistant Coach Recruiting is looking a lot better than our Player Recruitment at present (Let's hope their is a hidden diamond traded in).
We needed off field sorted before we can work on the onfield stuff.

At least the cogs are spinning very fast.

It actually gives me hope we can get some decent FA’s - surely they can see Richo has a noose around his throat now and the strings and inching tighter.
LOL

Even BT on Talking Footy raised the lack of focus of the club with other distractions like Social matters etc. Time for focus now or suffer another 3-5 years just to get to last years positon.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

kalsaint
Club Player

Caroline Wilson still hasn't dropped off the cat call on Richo despite the clubs comments. Bit disrespectful to the club and she does get plenty wrong so we will have to wait as see.