To the Board and CEO: Do YOUR Job and Sack Richo or RESIGN!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Re: To the Board and CEO: Do YOUR Job and Sack Richo or RESIGN!!

I reckon we should buy this guy a slab of beer each week and get him to coach. See what ewes think ...

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

The title is wrong. Should exclude the word 'Inspirational'

He sounded like he was desperate for them to play well. "We're all a family" Do it for your mum and dad!!

I'm guessing that bloke has a similar win loss ratio to Richo.

samoht
Saintsational Legend

Ewe are hard to please, scollop.
Maybe that's how most of our players should be spoken to, and their mums and dads could place a bib on them, and should kiss them on their cheeks before they run out.
Steele can be in another room, self-motivating and listening to the Rocky sound-track?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote: Sat 08 Sep 2018 3:37pm Ewe are hard to please, scollop.
Maybe that's how most of our players should be spoken to, and their mums and dads could place a bib on them, and should kiss them on their cheeks before they run out.
Steele can be in another room, self-motivating and listening to the Rocky sound-track?
I’d have them all in the next room listening to the Richo soundtrack.....ought to have them nodding off in no time..

“Yeah….nah””
kalsaint
Club Player

Teflon wrote: Wed 05 Sep 2018 11:16pm I’ve given up - Finnis/Summers standing by him mean he’ll coach in 2019
I’ve never felt less enthused about the future than now
Sadly if we win some games next season because we have some half smart assistants etc in.....how hard is it going to be replacing him then? His next defence will be “I’ve only had 1 yer with gun assistants.....surely I need an extension...”
we are being held to ransom by Finnis and co to save their corporate career ambitions at AFL House NOT for the good of our club
Contract has a performance clause that could close off Richos time at end on 2019. I wouldn't say this was all Richos fault. The Leadership to me is the key issue. I mean Board, Management and Team game Leadership.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

kalsaint wrote: Sat 08 Sep 2018 5:49pm
Teflon wrote: Wed 05 Sep 2018 11:16pm I’ve given up - Finnis/Summers standing by him mean he’ll coach in 2019
Sadly if we win some games next season because we have some half smart assistants etc in.....how hard is it going to be replacing him then? His next defence will be “I’ve only had 1 yer with gun assistants.....surely I need an extension...”
we are being held to ransom by Finnis and co to save their corporate career ambitions at AFL House NOT for the good of our club
Contract has a performance clause that could close off Richos time at end on 2019. I wouldn't say this was all Richos fault. The Leadership to me is the key issue. I mean Board, Management and Team game Leadership.
I really worry bout damage to this club by end 2019
And if we win games next with new assistants in place.....how do u move him then..??

“Yeah….nah””
takeaway
Club Player

Teflon wrote: Sat 08 Sep 2018 10:59pm
And if we win games next with new assistants in place.....how do u move him then..??
Getting a bit worried we might win some games? Surely not.

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

In 2014 Jamie Cox was appointed General Manager - Football Performance.

Peta Searle was appointed as a St Kilda development coach with the Saints player academy.

A few years later Richo had his contract extended.

Whoever is responsible for these massive blunders should be getting massive blowback.

Finnis?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Sat 08 Sep 2018 11:14pm
Why would I not want us to win games IF we have the right coach in place?

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

HitTheBoundary wrote: Sun 09 Sep 2018 12:12am In 2014 Jamie Cox was appointed General Manager - Football Performance.

Peta Searle was appointed as a St Kilda development coach with the Saints player academy.

A few years later Richo had his contract extended.

Whoever is responsible for these massive blunders should be getting massive blowback.

Finnis?
Agree
All Shyte decisions
Finnis knows nothing bout football ops and should t be let near it

“Yeah….nah””
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote: Sat 08 Sep 2018 2:49pm I reckon we should buy this guy a slab of beer each week and get him to coach. See what ewes think ...

Not much point really. They’re all generic so just get a robot that doesn’t even require beer. I hear though that the Tarneit Under 12’s have a gun recruiter. He’d be my primary off season target. Certain to take us into the finals next year.

takeaway
Club Player

Teflon wrote: Sun 09 Sep 2018 12:34am
Got it. So unless "the right coach" is in place you don't want the club to win any games next year. Up to you I guess.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Sun 09 Sep 2018 8:49am
Got it. So unless "the right coach" is in place you don't want the club to win any games next year. Up to you I guess.
Yeah it’s not really hard, even though your trying your best to make it so
I’m interested in long term, sustainable success that nets us a flag or 4
I’m not interested in treading water like we’ve just done for 5 years
Again, if you have views on why Alan Richardson is the “right” coach to take us to a flag, please do enlighten us all ....we await your pearls of wisdom...

“Yeah….nah””
takeaway
Club Player

Teflon wrote: Sun 09 Sep 2018 11:38pm
Again, if you have views on why Alan Richardson is the “right” coach to take us to a flag, please do enlighten us all ....we await your pearls of wisdom...

Already covered my take re Richo that in another "Richo" thread. You may have to extend your reading again.

"I'm not necessarily a supporter of Richo, but am happy to give him 2019 with some different assistants, hopefully some gaps filled with players to see if we can move up the ladder.

You can't ask "his supporters on SS" to identify his strengths when you haven't actually identified his weaknesses as a coach. You can say win/loss record, selection, etc but how can you say that is all Richo? He is not the only one at the club, and cannot possibly cover all aspects of the caper - recruiting/trading, selection, all aspects on match day, etc. He is responsible for some of that but not all. This year's performance could be a combination of coaching, poor development, lack of senior players, injuries, the toughest draw in the comp, boot studs too short, whatever. We weren't going too badly 2016/17.

To identify his "coaching" weaknesses and strengths, you need first hand experience of him at training, team meetings, match day addresses, and so on. Only those at the club have that experience, and they have decided that he needs better support. I'll take the club's view over SS posters, who have no in house knowledge, only "opinions", some of which may be on the money, but plenty would not be. How would we know?"

samoht
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Mon 10 Sep 2018 8:51am

Already covered my take re Richo that in another "Richo" thread. You may have to extend your reading again.

"I'm not necessarily a supporter of Richo, but am happy to give him 2019 with some different assistants, hopefully some gaps filled with players to see if we can move up the ladder.

You can't ask "his supporters on SS" to identify his strengths when you haven't actually identified his weaknesses as a coach. You can say win/loss record, selection, etc but how can you say that is all Richo? He is not the only one at the club, and cannot possibly cover all aspects of the caper - recruiting/trading, selection, all aspects on match day, etc. He is responsible for some of that but not all. This year's performance could be a combination of coaching, poor development, lack of senior players, injuries, the toughest draw in the comp, boot studs too short, whatever. We weren't going too badly 2016/17.

To identify his "coaching" weaknesses and strengths, you need first hand experience of him at training, team meetings, match day addresses, and so on. Only those at the club have that experience, and they have decided that he needs better support. I'll take the club's view over SS posters, who have no in house knowledge, only "opinions", some of which may be on the money, but plenty would not be. How would we know?"
Great post! Exactly, how would we know?
You've covered all I've tried to argue in this one magnificent post.

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Doubters are poison and, unfortunately, fans baying for the coach's blood feed that doubt in the players.
He will win whose army is animated by the same spirit throughout all its ranks - Sun Tzu
i.e., not us - not until that doubt is removed. And probably the only way to do that now is to change the coach.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Well on that logic we may as well shut the forum down now hey? I mean how do we know anything at all in your theory so no point in having a view at all then? Lol the ultimate cop out to no opinion for mine...

I’ll just stick with
5 years 33% win record senior coach who (if he hasn’t been able to get his senior support structures in place till someone tells him he needs to....then probably ain’t going great is he??)
Anyhow, time to shut up shop till we are fed our opinion by the club I guess......lol

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

freely wrote: Mon 10 Sep 2018 10:15am Doubters are poison and, unfortunately, fans baying for the coach's blood feed that doubt in the players.
He will win whose army is animated by the same spirit throughout all its ranks - Sun Tzu
i.e., not us - not until that doubt is removed. And probably the only way to do that now is to change the coach.
Fans doubts feed players?????
Righto....some quality tripe there...lol

“Yeah….nah””
spert
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote: Thu 06 Sep 2018 10:59am
spert wrote: Thu 06 Sep 2018 10:54am
samoht wrote: Thu 06 Sep 2018 10:45am A lot of unsubstantiated stuff being posted in this forum - and misdirected energy. It's all the coach's fault - yeah, sure.

We are near the bottom of the rung, because of the way we've recruited over the last 10 or so years. We don't have even one A grader with elite skills, and we've had more than our share of injuries this year.

Clarko wouldn't have got us any higher - in fact we nearly rolled his team, despite our injuries and the star-studded Hawk lineup with several A graders.

Clarko, schmarko - where would he be without his recruiters?

We need some perspective.
Do we really know if Clarko, or a Leigh Matthews for example could have got more out of the playing group? I bet you they would have. I say this as I have seen over my long years where playing groups in different clubs (albeit at a lower level than AFL), have looked like a different team when a coach got replaced- some players didn't respond to one coach, yet had a new lease of life under a different coach. Sure, it is highly important to recruit the best available talent, but the real test of any coach, manager etc, is to extract the most out of your resources- hasn't happened for the last season and a half in my opinion.
Yes but you can extract more from A graders than C graders. We nearly rolled Hawthorn and Clarko despite our injuries and the vast gulf in talent.
Is there a vast gulf in talent, or is it just that some of our talent has not been developed fully under this current coaching regime?

takeaway
Club Player

Teflon wrote: Mon 10 Sep 2018 1:18pm

Well on that logic we may as well shut the forum down now hey? I mean how do we know anything at all in your theory so no point in having a view at all then? Lol the ultimate cop out to no opinion for mine...

I’ll just stick with
5 years 33% win record senior coach who (if he hasn’t been able to get his senior support structures in place till someone tells him he needs to....then probably ain’t going great is he??)
Anyhow, time to shut up shop till we are fed our opinion by the club I guess......lol
Of course this forum is all views/opinions, and my view re Richo was covered in the first line of the quoted post, but you probably missed that. Well aware of your "views" re Richo, Tefalan, because you have posted them 358 times.

samoht
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote: Mon 10 Sep 2018 2:11pm
Is there a vast gulf in talent, or is it just that some of our talent has not been developed fully under this current coaching regime?
Good question ....
And, it's impossible to know for sure which it is - the only thing we can sort of rely on here is whether players who came to us from other clubs have maintained their form, developed or gone backwards?

i.e. has Membrey, Steele, Carlisle, Roberton, Savage, Bruce ...
a. gone backwards?
b. maintained their form?
or
c. improved and/or developed? .... since coming to St Kilda.
I think it's either b. or c. in all cases. Yes a couple were fringe players, but, in any case, this just reinforces that these teams had better players that were preferred and played ahead of them (ahead of Steele, Roberton, Savage) - which would mean there is indeed a vast gulf in talent between these teams and us -
Anyway, Steele is starring, Roberton was starring, Savage was in strong form, Membery is our best forward. Tick, tick, tick, tick ... and no crosses.
If any one of our players is treading water or going backwards, maybe they need to have a good look at themselves - and take ownership of their own form?
Last edited by samoht on Mon 10 Sep 2018 7:27pm, edited 2 times in total.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Mon 10 Sep 2018 5:18pm
Teflon wrote: Mon 10 Sep 2018 1:18pm

I’ll just stick with
Of course this forum is all views/opinions, and my view re Richo was covered in the first line of the quoted post, but you probably missed that. Well aware of your "views" re Richo, Tefalan, because you have posted them 358 times.
Your “view”???
“I’m not a supporter of Rich.....” - why not oh enlightened one... do actually give us an independent thought ??
“But happy to give him a go in 2019...”
gee there’s some strong fence sittin views right there!!
What’s next : “be good to your mums”
Or do you u need evidence before making that outlandish claim ?

“Yeah….nah””
asiu
Saintsational Legend

a daughter of lesbians then ?

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
freely
SS Hall of Fame

Teflon wrote: Mon 10 Sep 2018 1:21pm
freely wrote: Mon 10 Sep 2018 10:15am Doubters are poison and, unfortunately, fans baying for the coach's blood feed that doubt in the players.
Fans doubts feed players?????
Righto....some quality tripe there...lol
I don't know why you're so combative all the time with your tripe lol etc. But in case you really don't understand - it's the players' doubts that are the problem. Players are obviously aware of all the discontent from fans and in the media. You only need a little bit of doubt to creep in and it becomes impossible to get them all on the same page and fully firing.

That's my view - and all your lol crap bollocks won't change it.

Saintly66
Club Player

Jesus Christ can some of you shut up with the bickering, no wonder people on BF think this place has become a joke.