Monster deal for Dylan Shiel

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Re: Monster deal for Dylan Shiel

Yep. You win some, you lose some.
Time to move on Sainters. The sun will rise tomorrow.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Tue 09 Oct 2018 5:41pm
Ghost Like wrote: Tue 09 Oct 2018 4:07pm My worst thought about this Shiel attempt is that the two people supposedly involved in the attempt weren't on the same page, one said we'd be keeping pick 4 regardless & the other said everything is on the table.
The second smacks of desperation whilst the first was hardnosed but likely fantasy if we were to have got him.
Oh well, load up for Kelly in 2019...now he's worth the $$$
I don't see it that way. I reckon pick 4 was NOT on the table until Bombers started coming hard and also Blues upped their offer, maybe even gave hints about pick 1 along with Setterfield (probably not though). When Trade week started Lethlean was aware of this and made the statement that all assets were on the table, ie upped our bid. Club in my view gave it their best shot. Prefer pick 4 anyway.
Excuse my ignorance, but what does pick 4 have to do with our offer to Shiel?

Isn't the Shiel offer about what we offer HIM?

And pick 4 only comes into play once we then turn negotiations to GWS?

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 09 Oct 2018 5:37pm Yep. Goal posts often change at trade time. Your point? The Bombers were well out of the race last week. Coming last in fact.
Your obsession is a bit strange too. If only we all had the crystal ball of hindsight. I would be a millionaire!
Thought you were already a millionaire with your mid six figures 😂

Mid six figures worth bragging over 😂

Wonder what the Bombers will use for the trade given their first pick #10 is a done deal to us for Billings?

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

You're an odd one mate. Six figures? Everyone earns that these days. Not hard.

Anyway, it will be interesting too see what the club does now Shiel is definitely off the radar.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 09 Oct 2018 5:37pm Yep. Goal posts often change at trade time. Your point? The Bombers were well out of the race last week. Coming last in fact.
Your obsession is a bit strange too. If only we all had the crystal ball of hindsight. I would be a millionaire!
this guy is funny :)

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote: Tue 09 Oct 2018 5:02pm whose word?
was it a spoken word?
or was the word written?
oh the intrigue - stay tuned

It wasn’t written and you couldn’t hear it because it was a whisper

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote: Tue 09 Oct 2018 5:56pm
Ghost Like wrote: Tue 09 Oct 2018 4:07pm My worst thought about this Shiel attempt is that the two people supposedly involved in the attempt weren't on the same page, one said we'd be keeping pick 4 regardless & the other said everything is on the table.
The second smacks of desperation whilst the first was hardnosed but likely fantasy if we were to have got him.
I don't see it that way. I reckon pick 4 was NOT on the table until Bombers started coming hard and also Blues upped their offer, maybe even gave hints about pick 1 along with Setterfield (probably not though). When Trade week started Lethlean was aware of this and made the statement that all assets were on the table, ie upped our bid. Club in my view gave it their best shot. Prefer pick 4 anyway.

I'm of the opinion RF that one deal doesn't come without the other. Being contracted means GWS has to be satisfied. Otherwise Shiel has to either play for GWS or stand out for a year. Or Shiel becomes the modern day Stevens, Plugger or Rawlings, ending up at a club that's not his first choice.

No doubt the deal will get done, making a mockery of contracts and showing the FA system up for the ill thought out farce it is.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

A whisper etched in fairy floss, nevermind.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Ghost Like wrote: Tue 09 Oct 2018 6:11pm
No doubt the deal will get done, making a mockery of contracts and showing the FA system up for the ill thought out farce it is.
FA is what the players wanted so thats what they got
But Im with RF on this - if it was all about ex-club they would have made him go to Carlton
They would have got a better pick and carlton are less of a threat than EFC
its a bit a joint thing in the sense that the ex-club still has a chance to match offers dont forget
But tying a player to club that wants to leave does not really make good business sense with the salary cap

Seeya
takeaway
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote: Tue 09 Oct 2018 5:56pm

Shiel (his manager) would not want him to nominate a club when there is little chance of a trade being done with that club and he is in limbo. Of course GWS would be aware in broad terms what was on offer (picks/players) from each club, and the manager would be aware generally of what value they will place on Shiel.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 09 Oct 2018 6:07pm You're an odd one mate. Six figures? Everyone earns that these days. Not hard.
Yes, but they don’t think it worth bragging on a football forum 😂

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote: Tue 09 Oct 2018 6:22pm
Ghost Like wrote: Tue 09 Oct 2018 6:11pm
FA is what the players wanted so thats what they got
But Im with RF on this - if it was all about ex-club they would have made him go to Carlton
They would have got a better pick and carlton are less of a threat than EFC
its a bit a joint thing in the sense that the ex-club still has a chance to match offers dont forget
But tying a player to club that wants to leave does not really make good business sense with the salary cap
I appreciate that Sunsaint but my gut & only my gut, tells me a contracted player will work with his existing club to ensure something fair for both. In this case I believe Essendon have made GWS a promise (FWIW from them) they will deliver something near what the others were promising.
I think he's made a good choice, rounds out Essendon's mids, a team who underachieved and closer than Carlton.
Carlton I doubt would have ever given up pick #1. Hawthorn were way off in satisfying GWS & too much heavy lifting to be done at the Saints in the foreseeable future.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

prwilkinson wrote: Tue 09 Oct 2018 1:03pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 09 Oct 2018 12:59pm Why can an idiot post anything they want on an Saints fan forum?
+1

I agree that anyone who speaks in absolutes when speculating about the future really is an idiot.
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 09 Oct 2018 5:43pm . The sun will rise tomorrow.
Sorry, couldn’t resist.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

kosifantutti wrote: Tue 09 Oct 2018 6:45pm
prwilkinson wrote: Tue 09 Oct 2018 1:03pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 09 Oct 2018 12:59pm Why can an idiot post anything they want on an Saints fan forum?
+1

I agree that anyone who speaks in absolutes when speculating about the future really is an idiot.
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 09 Oct 2018 5:43pm . The sun will rise tomorrow.
Sorry, couldn’t resist.
Haha... Brilliant.

silverhalo
Club Player

Dodged a bullet here....as I said yesterday, $1.3M is way overs for Dylan Shiel and I'd rather keep pick 4 for a gun mid in the draft - we target Whitfield next year, who I rate more highly than Shiel, and we get him for nothing.....good result!

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Last eh? Well out of the race? In fact?

Shiel's decision announced today is proof that this was not the case. He way well have decided only yesterday, but regardless the Dons must clearly have been a contender in his mind last week.

Obviously it just goes to show that social media and guessing is what you try to pass off as fact. And all without even acknowledging what you have read/heard elsewhere and what is purely just your own opinion (guess).

The comical thing here is that you obviously want to be regarded as an ITK. Desperate for it. Whereas all you have achieved is clowndom.

I look forward to your next big scoop.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 09 Oct 2018 5:37pm . If only we all had the crystal ball of hindsight.
Ah, I think I have discovered your problem:

Crystal ball's - means or method of predicting future events

Hindsight - is understanding of a situation or event only after it has happened or developed.

You need to alter the setting on your crystal ball to see into the future. It doesn't work to see into the past. No wonder all of your predictions go to s***.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
vacuous space
SS Life Member

saintsRrising wrote: Tue 09 Oct 2018 6:53pmWhereas all you have achieved is clowndom.
Some of us had to go to Uni for that.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Haha. Predictions?
Don't think so. Just passing down the odd bit of knowledge and info I receive. If I was always accurate I would be a millionaire x 10. Things change with this area of AFL footy e.g. trade week, every hour. Suck it up.
I don't want to be anything on this forum. Are you serious? I would rather spend an hour on a medieval torture rack.

Total = 1.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 09 Oct 2018 7:43pm Haha. Predictions?
Don't think so. Just passing down the odd bit of knowledge and info I receive. If I was always accurate I would be a millionaire x 10. Things change with this area of AFL footy e.g. trade week, every hour. Suck it up.
I don't want to be anything on this forum. Are you serious? I would rather spend an hour on a medieval torture rack.
he's getting funnier :)

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Tue 09 Oct 2018 8:10pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 09 Oct 2018 7:43pm Haha. Predictions?
he's getting funnier :)
He’s a legend.
Most entertaining poster on this forum by a mile.

This bit is the best...

Just passing down the odd bit of knowledge and info I receive

I’m a little concerned that you’re Essendon insiders are having a bit of fun with you Teddysainter, you’ve struck out with your first two swings.

1. Billings done deal Essendon #10
2. Out of the race for Shiel

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Ok...both were pretty certain at the time. Things change...believe it or not. Get over it. You ever been to "Ripley's Believe It or Not?"

Total = 1.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Total = 1.
bigred
Saintsational Legend

There is really only one Ted Theodore Logan.

Be excellent to each other.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote: Tue 09 Oct 2018 10:13pm There is really only one Ted Theodore Logan.

Be excellent to each other.
Now I know who Ted or his alter ego is 😂

Answers a lot of questions.

Keep up the good work Teddysainter, loving your input.