If we choose King with pick 4

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

If we choose King with pick 4

We are completely inept.. top end midfield talent in this draft is the best it’s been for a long long time and our midfield is crap. I will be disillusioned that might be it for me.. this club will be absolutely in the toilet run into the ground by the worst admin in the league. Under resourced and under skilled.

King isn’t even the best player in his position (its Lukosius) coming off an ACL with a questionable workrate...

Please please please pickup Smith, Walsh or Rankine

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Re: If we choose King with pick 4

I have no idea who any of the potential draftees are but what if those three are taken ahead of our pick? Who do you get then?

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

Lukosius will go pick 1-3, we will land one of those 3 mids

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

We got scared into recruiting Paddy over Petracca by the bulldogs paying overs for Tom Boyd
Now we’ve been mesmerised by Mason Cox dominating the air in the Prelim and the likes of Joe Daniher threatening to kick a bag whenever he can get in the park fully fit.
I reckon if Max King is there at 4 we will call his name.
And our midfielders will kick it over his head , at his feet, or 5 metres either side of him next year.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Zed wrote: Wed 10 Oct 2018 11:06pm We got scared into recruiting Paddy over Petracca by the bulldogs paying overs for Tom Boyd
Now we’ve been mesmerised by Mason Cox dominating the air in the Prelim and the likes of Joe Daniher threatening to kick a bag whenever he can get in the park fully fit.
And our midfielders will kick it over his head , at his feet, or 5 metres either side of him next year.
Not sure Petracca is the answer though regardless.

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

Zed wrote: Wed 10 Oct 2018 11:06pm We got scared into recruiting Paddy over Petracca by the bulldogs paying overs for Tom Boyd
This is so much truth and what I fear... these dinosaur players are absolutely rubbish and completely useless in today’s football. Cox averaged less than a goal a game as FF and was putrid for most games

saintadamski
Club Player

If our recruiters don't pick Rankine , they haven't learnt a thing

the dome
Club Player

Genuine MID @ 4

Building the engine aka the Midfield will serve the club & team better going fwd I believe.
We need significantly more wherewithal in the engine room. Adding a potentially solid or even great MID to the likes of Hunter & Coffield creates more intensity & a better spirit going fwd. This increases the likelihood that St.Kilda's planning for a better midfield succeeds.
We have to be bringing in the likes of Banger & Montagna if we are to seriously compete.
One of those King boys isn't going to improve our midfield I suspect.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

We have enough tall forwards, we just need quality delivery into our F50. We need to finally draft a quality genuine midfielder with elite kicking skills.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

I laughed.

Quite a bit actually.

Because you are 100% right.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

Our club is a joke.. looks likely this will occur and expect this rabble of an admin to drive us into the ground. Lethlean will be gone in a year or two and we will be picking up the pieces... never been so disillusioned in my life for a club I would bleed for.

derby Street
Club Player

saintadamski wrote: Thu 11 Oct 2018 12:42am If our recruiters don't pick Rankine , they haven't learnt a thing
Not sure what you are on about - Rankine will be gone before our pick.

guitars4
Club Player

I doubt that Rankine & Lukosius will be there at pick 4 any way but if either are I think we will either trade up or take them. There is a lot of ducks & drakes happening ,Saints are into Rozze , Port are into Max King but when push comes to shove every club will do what is in the best interests of their clubs . IMO we will go with Max but he may be gone before we even have a say in it .I'm nervous & I have no inside information so it's going to be a long few days :wink:

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

No one is taking King before 4 ffs.. he’s coming off an ACL and he’s a tall dinosaur who is by concensus the second best KPF in this mid draft.
Rankine
Smith
Walsh
Rozee
Hell even Dawkins Collier.. TAKE ONE OF THEM

guitars4
Club Player

mightysainters wrote: Wed 21 Nov 2018 10:50pm No one is taking King before 4 ffs.. he’s coming off an ACL and he’s a tall dinosaur who is by concensus the second best KPF in this mid draft.
Rankine
Smith
Walsh
Rozee
I would be happy with Smith. Walsh & Rankine both would be fantastic but can't see either being there at 4. Don't know a lot about Dawkins Collier so I really can't comment . :|

Crossy66
Club Player

guitars4 wrote: Wed 21 Nov 2018 11:08pm
mightysainters wrote: Wed 21 Nov 2018 10:50pm No one is taking King before 4 ffs.. he’s coming off an ACL and he’s a tall dinosaur who is by concensus the second best KPF in this mid draft.
Rankine
Smith
Walsh
Rozee
I would be happy with Smith. Walsh & Rankine both would be fantastic but can't see either being there at 4. Don't know a lot about Dawkins Collier so I really can't comment . :|
Could easily see GC taking both Kings at say 2 & 6. If so, Saints take Rozee.
Silly to raise Kings ACL as a reason not to draft him, plenty of players do them and come back 100%. King will be training by Feb and not likely to get a go until very late in the year.
I would prefer a mid if only for risk mitigation, but honestly, i dont think any of the top 7 will be a mistake. Also whilst we may have plenty of tall forwards, none are setting the world on fire so why persevere with average if there is a superstar in the wings. Wouldnt get too stressed, If we take Max it will work out ok

avid
Club Player

[/quote]
[/quote]

No
Saints would take Rankine or Lukosius -- which ever CG didn't pick at 3
Unlikely to happen, but good if it did.

[why didn't that quote thing work?]

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

Crossy66 wrote: Wed 21 Nov 2018 11:28pm
guitars4 wrote: Wed 21 Nov 2018 11:08pm
Rankine
Smith
Walsh
Rozee
Silly to raise Kings ACL as a reason not to draft him, plenty of players do them and come back 100%. King will be training by Feb and not likely to get a go until very late in the year.
I would prefer a mid if only for risk mitigation, but honestly, i dont think any of the top 7 will be a mistake. Also whilst we may have plenty of tall forwards, none are setting the world on fire so why persevere with average if there is a superstar in the wings. Wouldnt get too stressed, If we take Max it will work out ok
ACL is a big factor because we’re basing his potential on when he was 16.. hasn’t played in a loooong time and potentially slower. This compounded with the fact that KPF’s take 5 years on average to actually look good.