Karl Amon

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: Karl Amon

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sun 14 Oct 2018 5:50pm
Not really understanding the hate or dislike for Hannerbrey and Kent on here. They were both good pickups and offer different things, especially depth.
Not sure about Hannerbrey.

But where is the hate for Hannebery and Kent?

Just because some of us want to discuss and factor in the demonstrated form and injury record of these two players does not in any way mean that we hat them. nor to we believe in exagerating wherea player currently is at such as Kent having been a Melbourne Best 22 Players as he most clearly was not. I do not understand your logic at all.

As I have stated repeatedly now for the trade price we paid paid for Hannebery (including getting unders for Hickey) and Kent I am most happy with both of these deals.

But I am not blind to the risks that both players have with staying on the park in recent years.

I like most fans are hoping that we can get their injuries behind them and that other can become best 22 players for us playing week in week out. But who knows maybe they will be Freeman Mark 2 and 3.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Mon 15 Oct 2018 12:38am, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
dragit
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sun 14 Oct 2018 5:50pm especially depth.
You would try to positively spin an actual sebago if we recruited it.

Menzel, Lycett, Townsend, Roughead, Amon, all astute from memory.

We all hope Kent comes on, but it doesn't matter how many times you say it, if he was 'best 22' he wouldn't have played more VFL than AFL over the past 2 years, just as he is entering his prime.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

ok lets face it both Kent and Hanners will be starting 22
we wouldnt be falling all over ourselves to get these players if the coach & staff didnt think they would improve the list
But I often weigh up how upset the departing club feels about losing the player and lets face it in both cases it has been firm handshake and thanks as they walk out the door

Tellingly with both players it has all been about the money
SS - Hanners costs too much
Melb - money and contract length

"If he (Kent) goes to St Kilda he's going to be given time to play in the midfield," Kent's manager manager Ben Niall said.

"He's been given an offer which is more secure in terms of length and financially, so this makes a lot of sense to be realistic and think about his family.

"If he wants to be in the system for seven or eight more years he would be smarter to go the Saints and be an important part of their midfield mix."

Seeya
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

dragit wrote: Sun 14 Oct 2018 7:26pm

We all hope Kent comes on, but it doesn't matter how many times you say it, if he was 'best 22' he wouldn't have played more VFL than AFL over the past 2 years, just as he is entering his prime.
Sebago?

from wikepedia"
Sebago is an American Michigan-based company that produces a variety of upscale boating and deck shoes and outdoor shoes as well as some dress shoes. Sebago was founded in 1946.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
dragit
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Sun 14 Oct 2018 7:55pm
dragit wrote: Sun 14 Oct 2018 7:26pm

Sebago?

from wikepedia"
Sebago is an American Michigan-based company that produces a variety of upscale boating and deck shoes and outdoor shoes as well as some dress shoes. Sebago was founded in 1946.
They are also an all purpose potato, cheap, versatile and will fill up your pantry... but when you really want to make a good meal, you'll be back down the shop trying to find some Dutch creams only you won't have any room in your pantry and have spent all your cash on too many sebagos.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote: Sun 14 Oct 2018 7:12pm
Not really understanding the hate or dislike for Hannerbrey and Kent on here. They were both good pickups and offer different things, especially depth.

Just because some of us want to discuss and factor in the demonstrated form and injury record of these two players does not in any way mean that we hat them. nor to we believe in exagerating wherea player currently is at such as Kent having been a Melbourne Best 22 Players as he most clearly was not. I do not understand your logic at all.

As I have stated repeatedly now for the trade price we paid paid for Hannebery (including getting under for Hickey) and Kent I have most happy with both of these deals.

But I am not blind to the risks that both players have with staying on the park in recent years.

I like most fans are hoping that we can get their injuries behind them and that other can become best 22 players for us playing week in week out. But who knows maybe they will be Freeman Mark 2 and 3.
Great post sRs. Exactly.

stonecold
SS Life Member

If you think we got unders for Hickey, well, to be blunt, your clue less!!!!!

Overrated on here by posters with no clue on Ruckwork, pretty easy to tell who the vertically challenged posters are!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote: Sun 14 Oct 2018 9:35pm If you think we got unders for Hickey, well, to be blunt, your clue less!!!!!

Overrated on here by posters with no clue on Ruckwork, pretty easy to tell who the vertically challenged posters are!!!!!
Why would the reigning premiers go to all this trouble to bolster their list and recruit Hickey if he his as s*** as you say he is? My guess would be that maybe the reigning premiers don't think he is as bad that you make out!

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Your

Clue

Less

👌

FMD.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote: Sun 14 Oct 2018 9:35pm If you think we got unders for Hickey, well, to be blunt, your clue less!!!!!

Jesus...

He’s gone man... surely you’re not going to continue obsessively posting about him

stonecold
SS Life Member

skeptic wrote: Sun 14 Oct 2018 9:54pm

Jesus...

He’s gone man... surely you’re not going to continue obsessively posting about him
I'm allowed to respond!!!!!

stonecold
SS Life Member

Jacks Back wrote: Sun 14 Oct 2018 9:40pm

Why would the reigning premiers go to all this trouble to bolster their list and recruit Hickey if he his as s*** as you say he is? My guess would be that maybe the reigning premiers don't think he is as bad that you make out!
For their WAFL reserves team they are getting up and running, you know it makes sense!!!!! ;)

Crossy66
Club Player

Cant say i have watched Amon play, but the highlights show him as a high half forward. Would he be a better pick up than Billy Hartung?

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Back to the main theme, I know nothing about Karl Amon so I checked the Big Footy Port Adelaide posts. For what these posts are worth, who knows other than that they are supporters reacting week-by-week, like us. That said, quite a few of the positive comments referred kicking, speed, endurance and skills. The negative ones referred to lack of willingness to contest, no Banger-like lateral movement and lack of bulk. One interesting comment suggested that he might be in a catch 22 because if we bulks up, he'll lose his speed-asset and if he doesn't he'll be forever a receiver outside type. Overall, they seemed pretty indifferent about him.

On a wistful note, I imagine Banger might be a great midfield coach for such a player.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
groupie1
Club Player

DJ Higgins wrote: Tue 02 Oct 2018 4:21pm
axcellence wrote: Tue 02 Oct 2018 4:01pm Trade for Dunstan?
Dunstan all but a blue bagger. Maybe for a second round pick
Is that right? You got good mail on that? I'd go for that deal in a heartbeat. Can they take Newnes as well?

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
groupie1
Club Player

Beno88 wrote: Tue 02 Oct 2018 3:56pm
sunsaint wrote: Tue 02 Oct 2018 3:52pm
HitTheBoundary wrote: Tue 02 Oct 2018 3:41pm
We have no early picks so better to get someone already in the system with some proven ability than a pick 75 that never plays.
you could easily mount an argument that 5 years and 42 games is a pick that hardly ever plays
Leigh Montagna played around 50 games in his first five years.
Absolutely true: took Joey years to break in. But it was well justified. He wasn't that good, worked super hard on his skills and became a much better footballer by hhis mid-20s (and I don't just mean in terms of consistency, his skills rose massively).

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Jesus...

It's ok I've heard he has joined up a Weagles fan forum ahead of next year so he can continue the rant
So we won't be hearing from him anymore

Seeya
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

groupie1 wrote: Sun 14 Oct 2018 11:35pm
Beno88 wrote: Tue 02 Oct 2018 3:56pm
sunsaint wrote: Tue 02 Oct 2018 3:52pm
HitTheBoundary wrote: Tue 02 Oct 2018 3:41pm
We have no early picks so better to get someone already in the system with some proven ability than a pick 75 that never plays.
you could easily mount an argument that 5 years and 42 games is a pick that hardly ever plays
Leigh Montagna played around 50 games in his first five years.
Absolutely true: took Joey years to break in. But it was well justified. He wasn't that good, worked super hard on his skills and became a much better footballer by hhis mid-20s (and I don't just mean in terms of consistency, his skills rose massively).
Way off the mark groupie 1.

Joey was quick and skilled when drafted.
He needed to toughen up and be more competitive around the contest.

To his credit he achieved this to become a very, very good AFL player.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
groupie1
Club Player

I remember him being a poor shot on goal and bombed it a bit, TBH

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Sun 14 Oct 2018 9:14pm

As I have stated repeatedly now for the trade price we paid paid for Hannebery (including getting under for Hickey) and Kent I have most happy with both of these deals.

Great post sRs. Exactly.
Spot on guys.

No hate for either recruit, in fact I think it’s reasonable trading by the saints and happy that Hannebery & Kent join the club.

But agree with above posts, let’s look at facts not bulls***.

Read the Melbourne FC official website, Kent was a fringe player not an automatic in their best 22. His record over the last 6 years shows this.

Hanners is past his best, but let’s hope he still plays 4 years of good footy and brings much needed leadership.

Happy to have both but let’s not pretend we got Scully for pick 53 in this deal.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote: Sun 14 Oct 2018 9:41pm Your

Clue

Less

👌

FMD.
You're?

Nee!
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Mon 15 Oct 2018 7:18am
st.byron wrote: Sun 14 Oct 2018 9:14pm

Great post sRs. Exactly.
Spot on guys.

No hate for either recruit, in fact I think it’s reasonable trading by the saints and happy that Hannebery & Kent join the club.

But agree with above posts, let’s look at facts not bulls***.

Read the Melbourne FC official website, Kent was a fringe player not an automatic in their best 22. His record over the last 6 years shows this.

Hanners is past his best, but let’s hope he still plays 4 years of good footy and brings much needed leadership.

Happy to have both but let’s not pretend we got Scully for pick 53 in this deal.
It’s just indicative of where we are in the AFL pecking order that these are the quality of players we can attract. IMO Richardson’s tenure and that of those in senior management has a lot to do with that.

stonecold
SS Life Member

In regards to Kent, he was not in Melbourne's 22, only to fitness!!!!!

Robbo and Skunky were fringe plays at Freo and Sydney respectfully and they have turned out OK!!!!!

Some players need a second chance to blossom, let's hope it's the case with Kent and he becomes 'Superman' real quickly!!!!! ;)

At the end of the day, he basically cost us 'nothing'!!!!!

Scoop
Club Player

With regard to Joey...He also broke his leg early on that set him back a bit!

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Jesus...

Don't bank on it. Especially when Tom starts playing well @ WCE next year and other posters keep baiting the numpty with 'how good is Hickey going now?' stuff. This rubbish from SC will continue on until Hickey retires.

Go you red, black & white warriors