Gubby Allan joins the Saints

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

takeaway
Club Player

Re: Gubby Allen joins the Saints

chico2001 wrote: Sat 27 Oct 2018 9:30am
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Thu 25 Oct 2018 1:42pm Seriously...have the Saints ever had a better post season than this regarding off field staffing additions? I can't think of one.

Added this to the Chinese bonanza announced today.

Simon Lethlean keeps delivering.
seriously...Lethlean the secretary shagger………...even a know nothing like you could go out and buy some assistants coaches.....seriously...the club finished bottom 3 last year...….Got rid of Kingsley...snapped up immediately by a side that has made a lot of finals lately and won a GF in 2017....seriously....signed up 2 banged up footballers. and a manager who hides drug cheats from the AFL drug testers...…..yes ...that's correct, he actually did that and was suspended for 12 months..

Seriously.....keep feeding the forum that shite that someone else is writing for you......something queer about you.....

keep squealing......I love that noise....
"Feeding the forum shite". Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Can the club do anything right in your view?

chico2001
Club Player

Re: Gubby Allan joins the Saints

The club can always do something right in my view. What I don't want is a flog continually over emphasising the fact on this forum that they have employed an ex AFL house manager who shagged his secretary and was removed from head office for failing the code of conduct, has signed up a couple of assistant coaches and now calling him a genius , you are a bigger flog if you are supporting that rubbish...did I mention an ex List manager from GWS who hid an AFL player from the official drug tester and was suspended for 12 months. Does that sum it up.

let that flog go onto the saints website and pedal his rubbish there. As long as he keeps that self serving sh*t on here I will continue to denounce his efforts...and with facts.

Go onto any other website and post that rubbish and the flog would last about 10 minutes max.....maybe that's a project for you.....monitor his efforts on another AFL forum or website....see how he goes...and report back to us on his performance....can you do that for us?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

:D

Gold!

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
takeaway
Club Player

chico2001 wrote: Sat 27 Oct 2018 9:17pm The club can always do something right in my view. What I don't want is a flog continually over emphasising the fact on this forum that they have employed an ex AFL house manager who shagged his secretary and was removed from head office for failing the code of conduct, has signed up a couple of assistant coaches and now calling him a genius , you are a bigger flog if you are supporting that rubbish...did I mention an ex List manager from GWS who hid an AFL player from the official drug tester and was suspended for 12 months. Does that sum it up.

let that flog go onto the saints website and pedal his rubbish there. As long as he keeps that self serving sh*t on here I will continue to denounce his efforts...and with facts.

Go onto any other website and post that rubbish and the flog would last about 10 minutes max.....maybe that's a project for you.....monitor his efforts on another AFL forum or website....see how he goes...and report back to us on his performance....can you do that for us?
Whoa! Getting a bit testy now? Classic traits of sciolism, unlike the poster you refer to, whose posts, whether forumites agree with them or not, at least make sense and show some knowledge about the subject. You say you will continue your denouncements, with facts - still waiting for a relevant actual fact, as opposed to scattergun insults about players, club employees, anything. You may be better to go back to your home website instead of visiting here. I won't mention the website.

chico2001
Club Player

Glad you are spot on about the flogs sciolism, I was waiting for someone to realise that.
Cant you read?...posted some of the facts twice just in case you missed them first time. and...will be waiting in glee for the flogs next grand announcement of how perfect lethlean is ...and once again I will remind him that all is not painted as white as he promotes it. what knowledge?...."the club has appointed B.Lade as mid field coach- what a fabulous appointment" is that knowledge of the game is it?...…..don't forget to report back to us on his promotional performances on any other website regarding his grandiose praise of the dud lethlean and his player recruitment...….E

Don't forget...apparently the flog has played the game too ..and not in the amateurs either...so he has reminded us..thereby has more knowledge than most of us ….so is entitled to speak in grandeur terms....

Saintly66
Club Player

Hahahaha love coming back to this dump for this exact reason, the comments/bickering I read is hilarious. Get a good chuckle that’s for sure

Crossy66
Club Player

chico2001 wrote: Sat 27 Oct 2018 11:36pm Glad you are spot on about the flogs sciolism, I was waiting for someone to realise that.
Cant you read?...posted some of the facts twice just in case you missed them first time. and...will be waiting in glee for the flogs next grand announcement of how perfect lethlean is ...and once again I will remind him that all is not painted as white as he promotes it. what knowledge?...."the club has appointed B.Lade as mid field coach- what a fabulous appointment" is that knowledge of the game is it?...…..don't forget to report back to us on his promotional performances on any other website regarding his grandiose praise of the dud lethlean and his player recruitment...….E

Don't forget...apparently the flog has played the game too ..and not in the amateurs either...so he has reminded us..thereby has more knowledge than most of us ….so is entitled to speak in grandeur terms....
Out of curiosity, If you were running the club, what would your plan be?

takeaway
Club Player

chico2001 wrote: Sat 27 Oct 2018 11:36pm Glad you are spot on about the flogs sciolism, I was waiting for someone to realise that.

Ho hum.
I'm still struggling to find a relevant "fact" from your posts. Ted just posted that in his view Lethlean was doing a good job in driving positive off field appointments/changes at the club and you come with a series of irrelevant ramblings.
For example what on earth has Lethlean's past issues at AFL house got to do with the merits or otherwise of the appointments at the St Kilda Football club? Does that make Ratten's appointment a dud? Slater? Going on that logic, as he was caught in a video being naughty, Jake Carlisle is a sub standard AFL footballer. Gubby Allen - a poor appointment, because in the past he went over the line in supporting a player?

Chicofact - the statement of a fact, or more likely an opinion, that may remotely relate to a person/event, but bears no actual relevance or addition to the argument in regard to the subject being discussed.
Your scattergun approach is damaging your foot.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Apparantly if you keep calling someone a flog, use ....... in between words all the time and give a grade of E then that is a good argument. I seriously can't even follow what this guy is posting. It reminds me of a unstable genius.

Fact is ......... Lethlean has done a A grade job in recruiting off field talent ....... get the man a cape as another poster said ...... my original post in another thread highlighted the additions. ..... if anyone doesn't think that doesn't make for good reading and off field staff additions then they are clealy biased or disgruntled or don't wish the club success.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
chico2001
Club Player

That's a new one " don't wish the club success" keep thinking those ones up, Whats next..."hate the club"...…..? Your defence of your rubbish is getting very thin now.

chico2001
Club Player

Crossy66 wrote: Sun 28 Oct 2018 6:04am

Curiosity killed the cat Crossy,

I haven't said anything about me running the club or day by day planning, I am a poster on the forum, the same as you.

The AFL owned and operated St KIlda Football club has a woeful image problem and this has got worse over the previous years, beaten in that area only by the Gold Coast. At least they have an excuse. This has been bought on by poor on and off field performance including player behaviour and the club is quite often derided by the media , ex champion players, its own members and supporters and even most other clubs. Imploded from within. Decisions for this club are now sanctioned by the AFL and similar to the Gold coast where rules are and will be changed in an attempt to lift these 2 clubs from the mire and protect the AFL's image, which , if it is any consolation, worse than the saints. If you are not aware of that then you have been living on the moon.

So how do the saints and the AFL solve that image problem? Yes, you guessed it. They appoint an ex AFL house manager highly paid but relieved of his duties for shagging at least one of his staff, no other club wanted to go near him despite an AFL "push" and that has a lot of slimy/cringe factor to it. Even worse this Manager then appoints a List Manager recently suspended for 12 months for hiding a minimum of one drug cheat, that is deplorable. The AFL thinks all this is fine. No doubt both are highly paid. Some posters even said that this type of "protection of drug cheats" is done hundreds of times across the AFL. .Really, so that justifies it does it?
It gets better, these two are promoted as messiahs to rescue the club from its mire. You cant read about this shite in a book or even..a movie.

The club has a coach who could not coax a bullant from its nest with a jarful of honey. So what does the club do? they then appoint another ex Head coach as support and the belief amongst supporters being that he will replace the incumbent even as early as six rounds into 2019 if he has a poor start. Not only that, the club did not rationalise the coaching ranks, there are more there now than ever. The club even has 2 ruck coaches for 4-5 ruckmen. Whatever happened to lean and mean and bloody good. The current head coach should have been sacked regardless of cost and a new appointment made in an attempt improve the clubs image, attraction for other players and to increase membership and appease the many disgruntled club followers. Not only that, actually perform on the field. Has the club been transparent in its dealings?

The club had a golden opportunity to square the ledger at this point in time but failed to do so, but coming off a very low base, any incremental improvement in 2019 will be seen as a miracle . That is not good planning in any persons book.

The other issue is the self promotion and the over the top adulation of Lethlean and the club and his so called miracles of recruiting by a certain poster with just enough pockets of support to upset the balance of fair discussion on the forum. Said poster magically appeared on here after the club was getting a hammering from all and sundry. These posts have been classed as "positive and exciting" threads as opposed to anyone who has a different view, the other posters who participate in that thread with a different viewpoint are called haters, liars, trolls, negative types and not supporters of the club etc . Boring, boring, boring.

These 'club" posts have an unbalanced view on how good the recruiting has been...even described it as the best the club has ever had, maybe in living memory....really, who writes that type of rubbish?...the season has not started yet but totally ludicrous claims are allowed to fester on here. So it appears now that the club is in better shape than when Ross Lyon was appointed coach, or even other coaches such as Grant Thomas or Stan Alves who got us into the finals on a regular basis and we even had quite a few top A grade players then. Did I miss something? I didn't miss the past financial mismanagement of the club and the excuses that followed though, that's for sure
It is well known also that the clubs player recruiting this year so far has been very poor, despite having a shedful of money and AFL backing due to lethleans relationship with Gillian. And worse than that, a record number of very good players leaving clubs via broken contracts but not coming to the saints. I would like to be a fly on the wall as our "powerbrokers" discuss this massive failure.

Off to China to make some money. Saints have only won the one overseas game ever and that was beating hawthorn at York park 2 years ago and I was lucky enough to be there. Will be playing a game in China against a team we haven't beaten for years and not likely to either. So count those 4 premiership points out. The club will get a better draw in 2019...October 31st so watch that space. It will be a false dawn though because the club has not recruited or traded well enough. Player retention was falsely promoted as " no one wanted to leave the club this year" which is footy speak for no other club wanted our trade baits ...even at give away prices.

Unfortunately delusion has taken hold and for some reason, many posters have strong beliefs that the club can turn around in 1/2 years and win a flag just as have the WB, Richond and the pies in that order.

BTW, plenty of posters on here have a history of abusing other posters, deriding ex players, deriding ex coaches and deriding other clubs and its players, but when you get it back or there is retaliation, you start squealing. Most of this post has already been mentioned anyway by other posters...so nothing new, just a summary.

If I was planning for this club I would do mostly the opposite to the above, the club would be in a better place because they are very average at the minute. The upside is that the club cannot go any lower and can only go up which means any decision the club has made now will pluck low hanging fruit from the tree and make some very average administrators and a coach look good for 2019 but only just.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

You should email your ideas and thoughts to Simon Lethlean and Matt Finnis chico...see what they think.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
Junior
Club Player

chico2001 wrote: Sun 28 Oct 2018 10:20am

I haven't said anything about me running the club or day by day planning, I am a poster on the forum, the same as you.

The AFL owned and operated St KIlda Football club has a woeful image problem and this has got worse over the previous years, beaten in that area only by the Gold Coast. At least they have an excuse. This has been bought on by poor on and off field performance including player behaviour and the club is quite often derided by the media , ex champion players, its own members and supporters and even most other clubs. Imploded from within. Decisions for this club are now sanctioned by the AFL and similar to the Gold coast where rules are and will be changed in an attempt to lift these 2 clubs from the mire and protect the AFL's image, which , if it is any consolation, worse than the saints. If you are not aware of that then you have been living on the moon.

So how do the saints and the AFL solve that image problem? Yes, you guessed it. They appoint an ex AFL house manager highly paid but relieved of his duties for shagging at least one of his staff, no other club wanted to go near him despite an AFL "push" and that has a lot of slimy/cringe factor to it. Even worse this Manager then appoints a List Manager recently suspended for 12 months for hiding a minimum of one drug cheat, that is deplorable. The AFL thinks all this is fine. No doubt both are highly paid. Some posters even said that this type of "protection of drug cheats" is done hundreds of times across the AFL. .Really, so that justifies it does it?
It gets better, these two are promoted as messiahs to rescue the club from its mire. You cant read about this shite in a book or even..a movie.

The club has a coach who could not coax a bullant from its nest with a jarful of honey. So what does the club do? they then appoint another ex Head coach as support and the belief amongst supporters being that he will replace the incumbent even as early as six rounds into 2019 if he has a poor start. Not only that, the club did not rationalise the coaching ranks, there are more there now than ever. The club even has 2 ruck coaches for 4-5 ruckmen. Whatever happened to lean and mean and bloody good. The current head coach should have been sacked regardless of cost and a new appointment made in an attempt improve the clubs image, attraction for other players and to increase membership and appease the many disgruntled club followers. Not only that, actually perform on the field. Has the club been transparent in its dealings?

The club had a golden opportunity to square the ledger at this point in time but failed to do so, but coming off a very low base, any incremental improvement in 2019 will be seen as a miracle . That is not good planning in any persons book.

The other issue is the self promotion and the over the top adulation of Lethlean and the club and his so called miracles of recruiting by a certain poster with just enough pockets of support to upset the balance of fair discussion on the forum. Said poster magically appeared on here after the club was getting a hammering from all and sundry. These posts have been classed as "positive and exciting" threads as opposed to anyone who has a different view, the other posters who participate in that thread with a different viewpoint are called haters, liars, trolls, negative types and not supporters of the club etc . Boring, boring, boring.

These 'club" posts have an unbalanced view on how good the recruiting has been...even described it as the best the club has ever had, maybe in living memory....really, who writes that type of rubbish?...the season has not started yet but totally ludicrous claims are allowed to fester on here. So it appears now that the club is in better shape than when Ross Lyon was appointed coach, or even other coaches such as Grant Thomas or Stan Alves who got us into the finals on a regular basis and we even had quite a few top A grade players then. Did I miss something? I didn't miss the past financial mismanagement of the club and the excuses that followed though, that's for sure
It is well known also that the clubs player recruiting this year so far has been very poor, despite having a shedful of money and AFL backing due to lethleans relationship with Gillian. And worse than that, a record number of very good players leaving clubs via broken contracts but not coming to the saints. I would like to be a fly on the wall as our "powerbrokers" discuss this massive failure.

Off to China to make some money. Saints have only won the one overseas game ever and that was beating hawthorn at York park 2 years ago and I was lucky enough to be there. Will be playing a game in China against a team we haven't beaten for years and not likely to either. So count those 4 premiership points out. The club will get a better draw in 2019...October 31st so watch that space. It will be a false dawn though because the club has not recruited or traded well enough. Player retention was falsely promoted as " no one wanted to leave the club this year" which is footy speak for no other club wanted our trade baits ...even at give away prices.

Unfortunately delusion has taken hold and for some reason, many posters have strong beliefs that the club can turn around in 1/2 years and win a flag just as have the WB, Richond and the pies in that order.

BTW, plenty of posters on here have a history of abusing other posters, deriding ex players, deriding ex coaches and deriding other clubs and its players, but when you get it back or there is retaliation, you start squealing. Most of this post has already been mentioned anyway by other posters...so nothing new, just a summary.

If I was planning for this club I would do mostly the opposite to the above, the club would be in a better place because they are very average at the minute. The upside is that the club cannot go any lower and can only go up which means any decision the club has made now will pluck low hanging fruit from the tree and make some very average administrators and a coach look good for 2019 but only just.

Have you ever made a mistake in your life ?

Really hope not as obviously you do not believe in people receiving a second chance.

Gubby Allen has been involved in football for close to fifty years and has made one error, he is a proven performer who has not lost his ability due to one error in judgement.

Lethlean also made an error, one which I might add goes on in numerous work places across the country with no consequences. Again his ability to do the job is in anyway impacted upon by sleeping with a colleague.

I am not interested in goody two shoes, just make appointments that have the necessary skillset to get the job done.

Do I believe that we are hoping to turn it around in one off season, no not a chance in hell but you have to start somewhere.

No problem with people questioning things as are track record has been poor, but Gubby and Lethleans past errors will have no impact upon their success or otherwise at St Kilda.

A champion team will always beat a team of champions.
chico2001
Club Player

I am not being paid big dollars to make decisions with other peoples money, and that's the difference before you start querying posters whether they have ever stolen an icecream or not when they were 10 years old.
They are in responsible positions but you know what....these people get away with it because people like yourself, justify their deliberate gross misconduct , not mistakes...don't put those in the mistake basket...that's bulls***.

These were planned activities which were not part of their employment contract. They were caught once...how many times did they conduct these activities?....

No impact at St Kilda!!!!! ...they have already been caught at other corporations , so that means they wont do it at St Kilda, is that what you are saying? How do you know that?

Take a long look at this sentence.
Recidivism is the act of a person repeating an undesirable behavior after they have either experienced negative consequences of that behavior, or have been trained to extinguish that behavior.

We are starting to get the "we need naughty boys to succeed line" have you noticed that on the forum lately? Maybe check Hawthorn out before you make statements like that.

You are barking up the wrong tree and on a hiding to nothing when you start defending people like that.

ss1986
Club Player

Absolutely bloody brilliant Chico!! 👌👌

takeaway
Club Player

ss1986 wrote: Sun 28 Oct 2018 12:08pm

Yes, a good read. I prefer "Manifold Destiny: The One! The Only! Guide to Cooking on Your Car Engine" though. More believable.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Haha.

Total = 1.
takeaway
Club Player

chico2001 wrote: Sun 28 Oct 2018 11:50am I am not being paid big dollars to make decisions with other peoples money, and that's the difference before you start querying posters whether they have ever stolen an icecream or not when they were 10 years old.
They are in responsible positions but you know what....these people get away with it because people like yourself, justify their deliberate gross misconduct , not mistakes...don't put those in the mistake basket...that's bulls***.

These were planned activities which were not part of their employment contract. They were caught once...how many times did they conduct these activities?....

No impact at St Kilda!!!!! ...they have already been caught at other corporations , so that means they wont do it at St Kilda, is that what you are saying? How do you know that?

Recidivism is the act of a person repeating an undesirable behavior after they have either experienced negative consequences of that behavior, or have been trained to extinguish that behavior.

We are starting to get the "we need naughty boys to succeed line" have you noticed that on the forum lately? Maybe check Hawthorn out before you make statements like that.

You are barking up the wrong tree and on a hiding to nothing when you start defending people like that.
Check out Hawthorn?

2015 sex scandal involving 2 players
2015 Hodge over limit
2016 Hawks pokies venue operating without a licence
2017 alleged paedophile charges team manager

Sh.t happens at all clubs and in all organisations. With your attitude there would be no AFL, no Aussie cricket team, probably very few politicians to govern (maybe that is good). Get real.

chico2001
Club Player

takeaway wrote: Sun 28 Oct 2018 12:33pm
ss1986 wrote: Sun 28 Oct 2018 12:08pm

Yes, a good read. I prefer "Manifold Destiny: The One! The Only! Guide to Cooking on Your Car Engine" though. More believable.
Yes, it took me long enough to write it but nothing better than knowing that I have that superior knowledge of a subject based on fact and also knowing that no-one can disprove or match any part of it in debate. Sheer brilliance.....and the worst part for my adversaries is that I have not even got out of 3rd gear yet and operating a V8 ;)

chico2001
Club Player

takeaway wrote: Sun 28 Oct 2018 12:46pm
chico2001 wrote: Sun 28 Oct 2018 11:50am I am not being paid big dollars to make decisions with other peoples money, and that's the difference before you start querying posters whether they have ever stolen an icecream or not when they were 10 years old.

Check out Hawthorn?

2015 sex scandal involving 2 players
2015 Hodge over limit
2016 Hawks pokies venue operating without a licence
2017 alleged paedophile charges team manager

Sh.t happens at all clubs and in all organisations. With your attitude there would be no AFL, no Aussie cricket team, probably very few politicians to govern (maybe that is good). Get real.

More excuses and set you up pefectly knowing full well you would waste time on a google search of the hawks club. You are clutching at straws now. The other thing I forgot to mention and it was tardy of me, is the recruitment of maybe a Justin Murphy as a motivator/Leader or maybe even Nick Stevens in some sort of role at the club. Can you let the President know of that great idea and then he can pass it onto the dud lethlean.
That would make a lovely trio or quartet as the face of the club....well done lethers......great image.

We are aware here that quite a few posters are not interested in getting saints champions like Goddard etc back to the club.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Sorry Chico, but there is probably a massive reason you have the experts like Lethlean, Gallagher, Finnis and now Gubby making the big calls on the club...as to compared to the disgruntled ramblings of a disenfranchised supporter on this forum.

To call any of them a "dud" is just....sorry, but plain ridiculous and wrong.

Total = 1.
chico2001
Club Player

No, the big call was from the AFL owned St Kilda to put Lethlean in a position he has no direct experience in and now has a fistful of dollars to spend and get a pat on the back for doing very little. The ramblings of a "flog" are far worse than a disenfranchised supporter and that's quite clear.
Like I said previously, get Murphy and Stevens in there and maybe even yourself and what a bunch of 'duds' we would have then, you could be the clubs promotions officer;) problem is you would have f*ckall to promote.

takeaway
Club Player

Yes, chico, your are right - there is definitely no argument with chicofacts - 1) Impossible to understand, and 2) they vary by the minute, and 3) this is a forum about football, which does not sit well with chicofacts.

chico2001
Club Player

takeaway wrote: Sun 28 Oct 2018 2:46pm Yes, chico, your are right - there is definitely no argument with chicofacts - 1) Impossible to understand, and 2) they vary by the minute, and 3) this is a forum about football, which does not sit well with chicofacts.
yes takeaway, it is a forum about football, but when you get posters exaggerating administration staff performance for no reason ad nauseum like yourself and the flog do then it turns into a bun fight and you guys always set your selves up for a fall. This is mainly because you have nothing to hang your hat on because the saints have done nothing this year apart from fill vacant positions in the administration department and the rest of your knowledge is hearsay.

My view on insults etc has been repeated a few times, but when posters continue to belittle then there is no other course than for me to do the same.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

No, no, no everyone...chico is right, we are wrong.

Lethlean is a clear dud. He only brought in:
Ratten (best senior assistant in the game)
Lade (proven and well qualified assistant)
O'shaughnessy (data analyst guru and leader in the AFL)
Slater (convinced him to join the Saints the day after he retired from rugby, one of Australia's best ever sports people)
Gallagher (ex AFL and SANFL player, executive and expierenced in the finance world)
Gubby Allan (over 30 years of expierence in off field admin - Collingwood, Brisbane and GWS during sucessful reigns)

Yes, Lethlean is a dud! How did I miss that?
Chicho is right.
Last edited by tedtheodorelogan2018 on Sun 28 Oct 2018 3:40pm, edited 1 time in total.

Total = 1.