2019 Coaching. It's a lose-lose.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Re: 2019 Coaching. It's a lose-lose.

All makes sense now regarding who chico roll really is...

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
stonecold
SS Life Member

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Thu 01 Nov 2018 9:37pm All makes sense now regarding who chico roll really is...
Of course it does chief!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
Shaggy
Club Player

st.byron wrote: Wed 31 Oct 2018 5:54pm
Stopped being a mod coz it’s pretty well impossible to be a mod and post freely. That and the time commitment required.

Agree there’s an element of abusiveness - i.e..continually referring to a poster as ‘the flog’ - but Chico contributes much more than that.

“Runs the positive posters down”......and what are you doing to someone who doesn’t agree with you? Lifting him up?

You’re doing exactly the same thing. You’re just self righteous about it coz you reckon you’re a ‘supporter’ and he isn’t so therefore you’re in the right. And anyone else who doesn’t measure up to your definition of ‘supporter’ is tarred with the same brush.

The classic irony of a group of bullies......they gang up, they belittle, they exclude, they abuse - all the while claiming the moral high ground.

For the record I think the bullying of Ted is disgusting which includes you.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Thanks Shaggy.

I get bullied, threatened and abused by a minority because I hit sweet spots of truth that posters can't handle...hence the vitriolic reactions.

“Cyber bullying is bullying. Hiding behind a pretty screen doesn’t make it any less hateful.”

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
stonecold
SS Life Member

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Thu 01 Nov 2018 11:57pm Thanks Shaggy.

I get bullied, threatened and abused by a minority because I hit sweet spots of truth that posters can't handle

...hence the vitriolic reactions.

Your all good Teddy, Stoney has your back!!!!!

Piss and wind Cowgirls on here, no courage some when really challenged, keep posting the positive stuff mate, I don't care even if it over-positive, that's a TRUE Supporter!!!!!

Well done, keep up the good work old son, us true saints appreciate it, even if the 'Wannabe's' don't!!!!!

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Thank you for the kind and sincere words Mr Austin.

Total = 1.
stonecold
SS Life Member

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Fri 02 Nov 2018 12:06am Thank you for the kind and sincere words Mr Austin.
Your Welcome Teddy Boy, f*** the nobodies on here, Trolls!!!!!

They get challenged, guess what, they disappear, so many private messages, no reply, just hero's!!!!!

Keep the positive stuff coming mate!!!!!

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

P for Positivity...its my middle name. 😃

Total = 1.
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

ted 'theodore' logan2018 wrote: Fri 02 Nov 2018 12:17am P for Positivity...its my middle name. 😃
That's being way too humble Teddy. Your middle name is actually 'God's gift'.
(Though I'll let others debate God's gift to whom. :mrgreen: )
https://nameberry.com/babyname/Theodore

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Whiskey
Club Player

stonecold wrote: Fri 02 Nov 2018 12:09am
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Fri 02 Nov 2018 12:06am Thank you for the kind and sincere words Mr Austin.

They get challenged, guess what, they disappear, so many private messages, no reply, just hero's!!!!!

Yes because you sending a private message to someone asking them to name a place etc is enough to make everyone run away from their computer screen. You are truly frightening.

chico2001
Club Player

stonecold wrote: Fri 02 Nov 2018 12:04am

I get bullied, threatened and abused by a minority because I hit sweet spots of truth that posters can't handle

Piss and wind Cowgirls on here, no courage some when really challenged, keep posting the positive stuff mate, I don't care even if it over-positive, that's a TRUE Supporter!!!!!

Well done, keep up the good work old son, us true saints appreciate it, even if the 'Wannabe's' don't!!!!!
Pair of c**ckheads. Wouldn't mind betting you both "dress up"

<warning for abuse>

stonecold
SS Life Member

Whiskey wrote: Fri 02 Nov 2018 8:30am
stonecold wrote: Fri 02 Nov 2018 12:09am

Yes because you sending a private message to someone asking them to name a place etc is enough to make everyone run away from their computer screen. You are truly frightening.
See Teddy, told ya, easy to catch a Turkish Roll!!!!!

Onya there old 'Beer Muscles'!!!!!

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

That is a bit below the belt and uncalled for chico. The modern world accepts everyone, including cross dressers like one of our famous champs from the 60's.

Total = 1.
Flagless
Club Player

st.byron wrote: Wed 31 Oct 2018 1:42pm
Flagless wrote: Tue 30 Oct 2018 6:45pm
bigred wrote: Mon 29 Oct 2018 10:43pm First up, cards on the table. Richardson has completely lost me. How he is still in the role is just astounding really. Pathetic, matey performance management. Fish rots at the head. Runs are just not on the board.

We would have to win 18+ games next year to have me thinking otherwise.

I hate sacking coaches. It just reeks of failure and bad management. Never, ever a good look.

So riddle me these hypotheticals.
  • We win five games or less. We sack a coach. Probably before the half way point of the year. Season will be dusted... we lose. Wont be able to attract any players come season end. We lose.
  • We win five to ten. Good god.... They might actually consider giving him another year. We lose.
  • We win Ten to thirteen games and make the finals, going out first week. Extension imminent. We lose.
  • We win Thirteen to sixteen games. Win a final. Ratten influence. Extension granted. Christ maybe even two years.
  • Sixteen wins or more, win two finals and make a prelim. f*** sake two years. Ratten influence.
  • We win the flag and he coaches for ten years.... more. We win.
Honestly, give him the arse now. Do it. Just damn well pull the band aid off and start fresh. Give it to Ratten.

I just do not trust that Richardson is the guy that is going to get us back at the pointy end. How can you? Blind faith? We cant afford blind faith.

If he says "park that fifteen minutes" once in 2019 my TV will be in trouble.
Just a question to all those wanting Richardson sacked- how many have ever coached a season of senior footy ?
Are you going to vote in the upcoming state or federal elections? Question for you.
Have you ever been Prime Minister or Premier?
By the logic in the above post, you’re not qualified to have or express an opinion if you haven’t held those offices.
I never said anything about not having an opinion, but if you haven't coached you don' t know what you are talking about. I've never heard so many experts on coaching that have never picked up a clip board, because if they had they wouldn't espouse so much rubbish

chico2001
Club Player

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Fri 02 Nov 2018 10:47am That is a bit below the belt and uncalled for chico. The modern world accepts everyone, including cross dressers like one of our famous champs from the 60's.
Not a front runner like you lot Ted, no room whatsoever for those that dare to be different in my world. Always punch when caught behind and kick long, that's my motto. :x

stonecold
SS Life Member

chico2001 wrote: Fri 02 Nov 2018 3:02pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Fri 02 Nov 2018 10:47am That is a bit below the belt and uncalled for chico. The modern world accepts everyone, including cross dressers like one of our famous champs from the 60's.
Not a front runner like you lot Ted, no room whatsoever for those that dare to be different in my world. Always punch when caught behind and kick long, that's my motto. :x
Dinosaur!!!!!

stonecold
SS Life Member

chico2001 wrote: Fri 02 Nov 2018 9:34am
stonecold wrote: Fri 02 Nov 2018 12:04am

Pair of c**ckheads. Wouldn't mind betting you both "dress up"
Onya champion, keyboard cowboy behavior at it's best, nice one Drake!!!!!

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Flagless wrote: Fri 02 Nov 2018 1:57pm
bigred wrote: Mon 29 Oct 2018 10:43pm First up, cards on the table. Richardson has completely lost me. How he is still in the role is just astounding really. Pathetic, matey performance management. Fish rots at the head. Runs are just not on the board.

I hate sacking coaches. It just reeks of failure and bad management. Never, ever a good look.

• We win five games or less. We sack a coach. Probably before the half way point of the year. Season will be dusted... we lose. Wont be able to attract any players come season end. We lose.
  • We win five to ten. Good god.... They might actually consider giving him another year. We lose.
  • We win Ten to thirteen games and make the finals, going out first week. Extension imminent. We lose.
  • We win Thirteen to sixteen games. Win a final. Ratten influence. Extension granted. Christ maybe even two years.
  • Sixteen wins or more, win two finals and make a prelim. f*** sake two years. Ratten influence.
Honestly, give him the arse now. Do it. Just damn well pull the band aid off and start fresh. Give it to Ratten.

I just do not trust that Richardson is the guy that is going to get us back at the pointy end. How can you? Blind faith? We cant afford blind faith.

Just a question to all those wanting Richardson sacked- how many have ever coached a season of senior footy ?
Are you going to vote in the upcoming state or federal elections? Question for you.
By the logic in the above post, you’re not qualified to have or express an opinion if you haven’t held those offices.
I never said anything about not having an opinion, but if you haven't coached you don' t know what you are talking about. I've never heard so many experts on coaching that have never picked up a clip board, because if they had they wouldn't espouse so much rubbish
So......I’m allowed to have an opinion...but it’s invalid because I’ve never been a senior AFL coach. That would render pretty much every commentator, ex player, armchair observer, everyone who hasn’t coached at senior AFL level unqualified to comment. Pretty narrow cohort that one.

And in Richardson’s case, all you need to know are the following facts :
5 years
33%
Zero finals
Then there is the less quantifiable matter of player development. We’re not shining are we?

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Fri 02 Nov 2018 3:35pm

So......I’m allowed to have an opinion...but it’s invalid because I’ve never been a senior AFL coach. That would render pretty much every commentator, ex player, armchair observer, everyone who hasn’t coached at senior AFL level unqualified to comment. Pretty narrow cohort that one.

5 years
33%
Zero finals
Then there is the less quantifiable matter of player development. We’re not shining are we?
I think that’s the go to line for people that can’t actually articulate their opinions adequately.

My experience is that when ppl make threats of violence, more often then not it’s because they can’t compete with you on an intellectual level

The other thing I’m noticing is that if I’m debating a point with one of more forumites, forumites like yourself, Scoop, Dragit, Chico etc (of similar views RE the state of things atm) don’t feel the need to and won’t come rushing to my defence.

SCSO and Ted seem to feel the need to ‘be there for each other’ as did the other joker too though they seem to have backed off as of late

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Flagless, like others and myself, are just pointing out that some posters have NFI or understanding about footy and it shows. I don't know a nicer way to put it to be honest. Sorry.

Total = 1.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Fri 02 Nov 2018 4:31pm Flagless, like others and myself, are just pointing out that some posters have NFI or understanding about footy and it shows. I don't know a nicer way to put it to be honest. Sorry.
The refuges of fundamental insecurity and need to prove oneself :
* degradation, belittling or personal abuse of others
* positioning oneself as superior or more important
* seeking the support of others in degrading or abusing those who disagree or are different....i.e bullying

'Conversation' ....to be open to what is converse, what is other.

Flagless
Club Player

st.byron wrote: Fri 02 Nov 2018 3:35pm

5 years
33%
Zero finals
That inane comment pretty much sums up how much you know about coaching.
Coaching is about maximising potential,. It's different to teaching, it's about getting players to learn, its about making them aware but also self aware. When Reiwoldt , Montagna and co were there they got to 9th, with the list at his disposal that was about as good as they were capable. With them gone and the talent, experience, leadership vacuum that was created, coupled with injuries to key players at crucial times, its doubtful a Clarkson/Sheedy/Norm Smith clone would have done much better. There are 17 other clubs in the comp, the fact is they have recruited better and they have more top line talent- The saints didn't have one player make All Australian this year- doesn't that tell you something- we lack class.
Very simplistic to say there has been no development- players develop at different rates, I' d argue that we seen significant development in Jack Steel, Battle, Gresham, Marshall, Long (despite his injuries) and even Lonie who despite being dropped several times, the coach showed faith in him and he returned that faith with some solid efforts towards the end of the year.
Coaching is a very tough gig, those on the outside are completely unaware of all the issues at play, whether it be players personal problems, mental health issues, confidence, anxiety etc. The best laid plans can come undone very quickly and the coach doesn' t always have total control. People on these pages who simply state "he can' t coach" are immature in the extreme and really have no idea what coaching is

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

No, St Bryan.

People talk BS on here what it comes to the negativity.

Unless you have been involved in or coached or played footy at some level, then you really have NFI what the game is about.

Exhibit A. The 33% that constantly gets thrown around about Richo's win percentage is completely ignorant of the facts and circumstances surrounding his tenure as coach. That is just one example of the level of stupidity I read on here. I could go on forever but I've got better things to do.

Total = 1.
Whiskey
Club Player

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Fri 02 Nov 2018 6:49pm No, St Bryan.

People talk BS on here what it comes to the negativity.

Unless you have been involved in or coached or played footy at some level, then you really have NFI what the game is about.

Exhibit A. The 33% that constantly gets thrown around about Richo's win percentage is completely ignorant of the facts and circumstances surrounding his tenure as coach. That is just one example of the level of stupidity I read on here. I could go on forever but I've got better things to do.
You and the dwarf sound like the same person. "Played at high level " so you re better than everyone

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

When did "some level" become "high level?"

For example..chico probably played around 100 games for the Koo Wee Rup 2nd 18, but at least he played a few games.

Total = 1.