Saints homeward bound!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Re: Saints homeward bound!!

saynta wrote: Thu 08 Nov 2018 6:54pm What I do know is that Stuart Trott's grandfather played cricket for Australia.
that might work (timescales / wars etc) - maybe someone with ancestory.com could confirm

The Trott oval would be a fitting home ground

Seeya
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Sooooooooooooooo close!!! The cunning master plan is coming together. The Doc has returned to his Mates! :D :D :D

Just gotta persuade him to post again. :wink:

Now, how to get the favourite comrade to come in from the cold???

evertonfc wrote:(If we had our own ground and identity I would feel completely different about this...)
Plugger666 (remember her?) wrote:
The Fireman wrote:the JO is the GO
+3
Otiman wrote:Time to bring back smaller, cheaper to run, better for the fans stadiums. You only have to look as far as Geelong to see it happen. Even Carlton has something that's usable. I don't think public transport options around Moorabbin are good enough, but grounds like Junction Oval could be built to house sub 20k games.
(Dave's edit: JO has shown it can hold crowds over 20K.)
Dr Spaceman wrote:"... clearly the AP is the GO! the "Alpaca Paddock", next to the present site of the St Kilda Bowling Club near the St Kilda railway station..."
Aussie Jonestown wrote: Fri 09 Nov 2018 12:12pm Saints moving forward to the Junction Oval certainly has an air of inevitability about it!
Dr Spaceman wrote: Tue 06 Nov 2018 5:35pm
sunsaint wrote:... why you do prefer a development at moorabbin over our name sake suburb?
I would prefer St Kilda...

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

I agree lets throw away the 20 mil funding for Moorabbin that has been spent and work out of portable offices and a few caravans at the junction oval, guaranteed to win the next 42 grand finals and make 3 billion a year doing that, because it is near a beach.

I am telling you if you do it they will come (despite all logic and reason everyone who happens to walk past Junction oval will give the the saints 10k)

make it happen!!

Seriously any talk of JO at this stage is pure lunacy or stupidity.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Dave finally makes it to the suburb we take our name from :lol:

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Dr Spaceman wrote: Sun 11 Nov 2018 12:57am Dave finally makes it to the suburb we take our name from :lol:

More nice Photoshop work there Doc. (It's been missed, you-know-where. :D )

A little correction though... for accuracy purposes. Big yes to the avocado. But a huge noooooooo to the soy(!) :evil:
Soy is a phytoestrogen, or a plant based estrogen. It contains two isoflavones, genistein and daidzein, which act like estrogen (the female sex hormone) within the body. Because estrogen plays a role in everything from breast cancer to sexual reproduction, this is where most of the soy controversy stems.
https://www.healthline.com/health/food. ... connection
Actually, lattes, tea, coffee, whatever... can't stand the taste or smell. :evil: Yucko! <puke emoticon>

I'll have a fruit smoothie eggnog, made with coconut milk please Doc. (Do they do them down Newtown way? :) )

evertonfc wrote:(If we had our own ground and identity I would feel completely different about this...)
+3
Otiman wrote:Time to bring back smaller, cheaper to run, better for the fans stadiums. You only have to look as far as Geelong to see it happen. Even Carlton has something that's usable. I don't think public transport options around Moorabbin are good enough, but grounds like Junction Oval could be built to house sub 20k games.
Dr Spaceman wrote:"... clearly the AP is the GO! the "Alpaca Paddock", next to the present site of the St Kilda Bowling Club near the St Kilda railway station..."
Aussie Jonestown wrote: Fri 09 Nov 2018 12:12pm Saints moving forward to the Junction Oval certainly has an air of inevitability about it!
ausfatcat wrote: Sat 10 Nov 2018 11:35pmmake it happen!!
sunsaint wrote:... why you do prefer a development at moorabbin over our name sake suburb?

Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote: Sat 10 Nov 2018 11:35pm I agree lets throw away the 20 mil funding for Moorabbin that has been spent and work out of portable offices and a few caravans at the junction oval, guaranteed to win the next 42 grand finals and make 3 billion a year doing that, because it is near a beach.

I am telling you if you do it they will come (despite all logic and reason everyone who happens to walk past Junction oval will give the the saints 10k)

make it happen!!

Seriously any talk of JO at this stage is pure lunacy or stupidity.
Now aus' you're just having a bit of a lend here.

Just like with outer Siberia, any $$$ spent at outer Moorabbin is not wasted. Other community groups will just move in.

No one has mentioned $10K from every passerby... other than your good self, that is.
No one has mentioned simply returning to JO. What is talked about, is the will, the determination, and the vision to make it happen.

The choice:
Bumping along the bottom of the ladder,
$10 million (and growing debt - whilst other lesser mobs have paid off theirs :idea: ),
struggling to recruit players (even if we trump opposition offers by $3.5 million :shock:
having to cow-tow to Gestapo HQ's every whim,
constantly at risk of going under,
one flag in 140-odd years...

All that, when we are the most marketable club in the league, have a huge following, and should be a league power!!!

So aus', maintain the status quo, or, show some vision, and do what has to be done...? I know which option qualifies as lunacy.

+3
ausfatcat wrote: Sat 10 Nov 2018 11:35pmmake it happen!!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

DAVE, DAVE, DAVE

You haven't answered yet. How does this fantasy of yours come to fruition?

You don't have to give away any confidential info, just give us a rough idea and redact the names of any companies or individuals. C'mon Dave; just the nuts and bolts.

But just a tip.

You may want to clarify your info with your source.

It was by no means reliable when you first went with it and a lot of water has gone under the bridge since then. Think the whole Moorabbin project and huge commitment in that by the Government and our Football Club.

You want this to go ahead but it's not going to go ahead. Regardless of what your little friend told you all those years ago.

But convince us otherwise cos so far you're giving us NOTHING.

We may be marketable. We may have a groovy suburb. That doesn't get us a ground.

SO GIVE US YOUR REALISTIC PLAN INSTEAD OF THE SILLY REPETITIOUS STUFF YOU KEEP POSTING.

Or at least admit it's all just a windup for the entertainment of your other mates

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Dave how does that 10mil debt get smaller (and not dramatically increase by building anther facility) by moving to JO?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote: Wed 21 Nov 2018 5:30pm Dave how does that 10mil debt get smaller (and not dramatically increase by building anther facility) by moving to JO?
Dave has posted his video response

Last edited by Dr Spaceman on Fri 23 Nov 2018 11:16am, edited 1 time in total.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote: Wed 21 Nov 2018 6:28pm
ausfatcat wrote: Wed 21 Nov 2018 5:30pm Dave how does that 10mil debt get smaller (and not dramatically increase by building anther facility) by moving to JO?

you have to speculate to accumulate. The JO is the GO... build it and they will come. please...please before our club is no more. 90% of supporters wouldn't know where Linton st is..just ask them for directions.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Thu 22 Nov 2018 8:37am

you have to speculate to accumulate. The JO is the GO... build it and they will come. please...please before our club is no more. 90% of supporters wouldn't know where Linton st is..just ask them for directions.

If it takes Magic.. so be it

Aussie Jonestown
Club Player

Agree Dr Spaceman, good to have you on board.
Momentum is certainly building for a return to the Junction Oval.

ST KILDA concedes it didn't know the full extent of prized recruit Dan Hannebery's struggles with his body when it traded for him.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Aussie Jonestown wrote: Thu 22 Nov 2018 11:23am Momentum is certainly building for a return to the Junction Oval.
Just need to get Dave's detailed plan of how a club that is $10 million in debt is going to build a $500 million stadium (stage 5 at Geelong is costing $100 million alone) on land that we don't have and without any government assistance.

Hang on; Dave's responding now...

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend

hey Mr Space Man
remind me again how in debt we moved to seaford on land we didnt own and build with no assistance
and THEN
move to linton st once again in debt on land we dont own & build with no assistance

Third times a charm - go on admit it

Seeya
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:hey Mr Space Man
remind me again how in debt we moved to seaford on land we didnt own and build with no assistance
and THEN
move to linton st once again in debt on land we dont own & build with no assistance

Third times a charm - go on admit it
Surely you're trolling on Dave's behalf. Or maybe you're one of his 57 personas. Whatever.

I'll play along.

No assistance at Linton Street? We are at Moorabbin, a training facility, only due to substantial funding from the Government, the AFL and the local council. None of that would be available for us to build a far more expensive Kardinia Park clone on land we don't have.

We would have to raise it all ourselves.

And even if Dave won $500,000,000 in the lottery and paid for it all himself, in the meantime he would manage to greatly piss off the Government, the AFL and the Kingston council.

Yeah, piss off the AFL.

Who cares you may say?

Well you and Dave will care when the AFL refuse to schedule games at Dave Stadium.

NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!!

asiu
Saintsational Legend

only 57

u jest

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Thu 22 Nov 2018 8:37am

Yep as realistic as my post that strangers will handover 10k walking past

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote: Thu 22 Nov 2018 7:16pm
The Fireman wrote: Thu 22 Nov 2018 8:37amyou have to speculate to accumulate. The JO is the GO... build it and they will come. please...please before our club is no more. 90% of supporters wouldn't know where Linton st is..just ask them for directions.
Yep as realistic as my post that strangers will handover 10k walking past
Dave explains his plans to potential investors via the medium of interpretive dance:

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend

$500,000,000
At least Dave will let me in to the games
You're not invited Dr.

Seeya
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote: Fri 23 Nov 2018 1:27am $500,000,000
You're not invited Dr.
spot on :) turned away at the gate

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Fri 23 Nov 2018 10:30am
sunsaint wrote: Fri 23 Nov 2018 1:27am $500,000,000
You're not invited Dr.
spot on :) turned away at the gate
No probs.

I'll be too busy attending an AFL sanctioned Saints game at Docklands to be able to sit with you blokes while you watch the grass grow at Dave Stadium.

Perhaps you could offer free admittance to all hipsters, backpackers, druggies and hookers in an attempt to boost attendance at the weekly lawn watching extravaganza? :P

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote: Fri 23 Nov 2018 11:50am
Perhaps you could offer free admittance to all hipsters, backpackers, druggies and hookers in an attempt to boost attendance at the weekly lawn watching extravaganza? :P
geesh Dr when was the last time you were actually in Stkilda - the 80s?
Even the last chance hotel (Gatwick) has recently had a lick of paint

Seeya
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote: Fri 23 Nov 2018 7:17pm
I'm sure the degenerates will rock up again when they see you old codgers sitting alone in your little field :D

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote: Fri 23 Nov 2018 7:39pm
sunsaint wrote: Fri 23 Nov 2018 7:17pm
I'm sure the degenerates will rock up again when they see you old codgers sitting alone in your little field :D
He should try walking along the ST Kilda beach at night. :D

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend

and geeesh Saynta -WHEN was the last time you did that?
oh and PS I wouldnt have any trouble because Im bigger n meaner than stonecold

Seeya