A bit knee jerky

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

A bit knee jerky

Seriously, that’s your message? I hope his new support staff get him into line quick smart. Thank god we got Ratten.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Re: A bit knee jerky

Seeya
Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Thanks Sunsaint

older saint
SS Life Member

Interesting had a chat with a former coach who said line coaches were sent off to do their thing at training during the week, however as soon as things started to go bad head coach would jump over the top and change things, therefore what was practised all week was useless.
No patience or faith in the game plan clearly and hence why many of the players were disillusioned at the end of the season.

Ratten better be the oracle

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

The Cho is tracking true to form, with ScoMo type of quotes that he believes are clever and insightful, but actually reveal how shallow he is.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
guitars4
Club Player

I know he has his issues & I'm not a fan but can we move on for now because he is going to be coach for the start of the 2019 Season . If he doesn't get results he's gone . Ratten is in the wings so he knows if he can't get it happening then he will be
looking for another job sooner than later.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Goose is king wrote: Wed 21 Nov 2018 5:19pm Seriously, that’s your message? I hope his new support staff get him into line quick smart. Thank god we got Ratten.
It's interesting that you think that was the message, but to be fair to you the writer has manipulated you by eliciting an emotion from your mindset and he did this within the first four words of the first sentence by quoting out of context. That is what the writer is paid to do.

Great to see Gubby mentoring and providing support though and great to see Richo has welcomed the feedback from the review.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Nothing wrong with what Alan said. Its an article written by a reporter. Fairdinkum.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Absolute straw clutchery from a man with no idea at the end of a very generous tenure.

Dead set, more consistent?

stonecold
SS Life Member

dragit wrote: Wed 21 Nov 2018 9:46pm Absolute straw clutchery from a man with no idea at the end of a very generous tenure.

Coached at the level?????

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
dragit
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote: Wed 21 Nov 2018 9:48pm
dragit wrote: Wed 21 Nov 2018 9:46pm Absolute straw clutchery from a man with no idea at the end of a very generous tenure.

The same amount as you little man... of absolutely zero relevance here btw.

stonecold
SS Life Member

dragit wrote: Wed 21 Nov 2018 9:53pm
stonecold wrote: Wed 21 Nov 2018 9:48pm

The same amount as you little man... of absolutely zero relevance here btw.
Doubt it, not zero relevance when you are bagging an AFL coach, your not a Saint!!!!!

Leave the true saints like Ted alone, little man, you must be referring to my weight compared to yours, cause your not referring to my height!!!!!! 😂

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote: Wed 21 Nov 2018 9:05pm
Goose is king wrote: Wed 21 Nov 2018 5:19pm Seriously, that’s your message? I hope his new support staff get him into line quick smart. Thank god we got Ratten.
It's interesting that you think that was the message, but to be fair to you the writer has manipulated you by eliciting an emotion from your mindset and he did this within the first four words of the first sentence by quoting out of context. That is what the writer is paid to do.

Great to see Gubby mentoring and providing support though and great to see Richo has welcomed the feedback from the review.
Getting Ratten will help. Having Gubby alongside and providing ideas and guidance will also be good, but with all the support in the world I still believe that Richo is not the right fit as head coach. I think the board should be planning and searching for a replacement asap

In other words, I wish they'd stop being delusional and stop wasting money on overseas trips and courses for the current head coach

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

[quote=Cairnsman post_id=1767836 time=1542794712 user_id=1376]
[quote="Goose is king" post_id=1767788 time=1542781196 user_id=17709]
Seriously, that’s your message? I hope his new support staff get him into line quick smart. Thank god we got Ratten.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Didn’t read it. Heard the interview. I really hope he can turn things around, and I believe with Ratten he will, but how much? I don’t know.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Goose is king wrote: Wed 21 Nov 2018 10:29pm
Cairnsman wrote: Wed 21 Nov 2018 9:05pm

Didn’t read it. Heard the interview. I really hope he can turn things around, and I believe with Ratten he will, but how much? I don’t know.
The same craft applies to media you listen to or watch, the skill of the craft is to elicit an emotion or reaction, and if it's from a mindset within the wider audience then the amount of skill required is significantly less because emotions and reactions can be accurately measured through the use of sophisticated IT tools and so they already know what you're thinking and can just push your buttons at will.

Free thinking is dying.

st sandy
Club Player

The full interview with Richo on SEN radio yesterday at just after the 9am with Gerard Whateley was a good listen for saints fans - so do yourselves a favour (could be on the SEN site)
- interview went for about 10-12 minutes
- the conversation of the knee jerky comment lasted for about 20 seconds & the context was around that he wants to be more consistent with his message going forward
- he spoke very very highly of hannebury in that he came back early & sought an immediate engagement with all aspects of the club - also very professional & working well with the younger boys. I think we have a beauty there
- Gerard pressed him a few times about whether we would pick max king at 4 - richo answered that we would pick a very good player at pick 4
- spoke highly of the new coaches Ratten & Lade
- heading over to USA mid december for profeesional development at Columbia university
- saits must respond from poor 2018
- alot i have missed
- spoke of positives of gubby allen
I thought Richo interviewed well - just as well as any other coach would interview in November

Cordz2
Club Player

I cringed when I heard this too. I don’t think Richo is too bright unfortunately- lovely bloke though.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

st sandy wrote: Thu 22 Nov 2018 9:29am The full interview with Richo on SEN radio yesterday at just after the 9am with Gerard Whateley was a good listen for saints fans - so do yourselves a favour (could be on the SEN site)
- the conversation of the knee jerky comment lasted for about 20 seconds & the context was around that he wants to be more consistent with his message going forward
- he spoke very very highly of hannebury in that he came back early & sought an immediate engagement with all aspects of the club - also very professional & working well with the younger boys. I think we have a beauty there
- Gerard pressed him a few times about whether we would pick max king at 4 - richo answered that we would pick a very good player at pick 4
- heading over to USA mid december for profeesional development at Columbia university
- alot i have missed
I thought Richo interviewed well - just as well as any other coach would interview in November
Well articulated and balanced post showing knowledge and understanding. Need more of it.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
st sandy
Club Player

full interview with SEN is now on saints website
do yourselves a favour

shrodes
SS Life Member

st sandy wrote: Thu 22 Nov 2018 9:29am The full interview with Richo on SEN radio yesterday at just after the 9am with Gerard Whateley was a good listen for saints fans - so do yourselves a favour (could be on the SEN site)
- alot i have missed
It's on the podcast feed if you're that way inclined

https://player.whooshkaa.com/shows/st-k ... tball-club

(currently the top clip)

The previous clip with Ratten is also good listening.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

- alot i have missed
Yeah nah, thats pleasing. Overall positive. I think we can take something from that. Credit to the boys for figuring out what I have been missing for 5 years is some pseudo sporting intellectual bulls*** fed to me buy some intellectuals out in the back blocks of the USA. Pleasing.

FMD.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

iwantmeseats wrote: Thu 22 Nov 2018 1:27pm
- alot i have missed
Yeah nah, thats pleasing. Overall positive. I think we can take something from that. Credit to the boys for figuring out what I have been missing for 5 years is some pseudo sporting intellectual bulls*** fed to me buy some professors out in the back blocks of the USA. Thats got to be it! Either way,something pleasing will come from it Im sure.

FMD.

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

Good interview.

He made the comment re Kingsley that he'd been great - but they'd got out of him what they could and it was now time for new messages from different coaches.

Time will tell if it's the same for Richo.

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

[quote=Cairnsman post_id=1767901 time=1542838221 user_id=1376]
[quote="Goose is king" post_id=1767861 time=1542799783 user_id=17709]
[quote=Cairnsman post_id=1767836 time=1542794712 user_id=1376]
[quote="Goose is king" post_id=1767788 time=1542781196 user_id=17709]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The same craft applies to media you listen to or watch, the skill of the craft is to elicit an emotion or reaction, and if it's from a mindset within the wider audience then the amount of skill required is significantly less because emotions and reactions can be accurately measured through the use of sophisticated IT tools and so they already know what you're thinking and can just push your buttons at will.

Free thinking is dying.
[/quote]

Sorry mate I didn’t need the headline or the questioning for me to think Richo is far from inspirational and/or interesting. He doesn’t interview well in any situation and after hearing the interview my free thinking said “god I hope Ratten helps”

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

A bit harsh are some. The interview wasn't that bad.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.