Has anyone cought wind of this BJG

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Has anyone cought wind of this BJG

and to think some people wanted him back...

Former captain Brendon Goddard, alongside current stars Dyson Heppell and Michael Hurley, will be inducted as Life Members of the Bombers.

Set to be formally inducted at the club’s upcoming Annual General Meeting and Members Forum on Monday 17 December, Goddard was recently recognised at the Board’s discretion under the “exceptional circumstances” ground due to his leadership and commitment throughout his time in the red and black.

Goddard captained the Bombers in 2016 and was named the club’s best and fairest in 2013, receiving the prestigious Crichton Medal. Officially retiring from AFL in December, he played a total of 334 AFL games for Essendon (129) and St Kilda (205) across 16 seasons.

Essendon CEO Xavier Campbell said the awarding of the Life Membership was a fitting recognition of the 33-year-old’s services to the Bombers.

“Brendon was an incredible leader of this club particularly during some trying years for our playing group. His commitment never wavered, and few others have contributed so much to the Bombers in a short period, with Brendon being an integral part of the club’s growth from the day he joined.

“On behalf of the Club, I want to thank Brendon for the exceptional contribution he has made to the Essendon Football Club, and we look forward to formally recognising him at the AGM/Members Forum next week.”

Who's torn now???

Seeya
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Has anyone cought wind of this BJG

Well done.

(cooked)

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
suss
Club Player

Why oh why did we not just pay him the money he deserved.

I hold no grudges against him. Gave me some of the best highlights I’ve seen at the footy.

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Essendon's reasoning is sound, he did step up to the plate in the club's darkest period in history. Well earned, BJ.

And Suss, it's not always about money. Take a breath and ask yourself what more could he have given to StKilda.

Saint supporter since '62
SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

BJ would not have expected an EFC life membership. Given he was the media’s battering ram in a circus not of his making I think it’s an appropriate honour.

And I agree that we should have paid him and kept him. The day we let him go was a dark day for our club IMHO.

I would still welcome him (and his offspring) back to the club in any capacity he chose. Some of our kids could well learn a thing or two from his passion for the game.

Always loyal
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Deviously trying to keep him on side in case of potential father sons down the track, come back to your real home Brendon... forget that filthy, cheating scum of the earth, I'm sorry you had to endure that cesspool.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote: Sat 08 Dec 2018 7:33pm Deviously trying to keep him on side in case of potential father sons down the track, come back to your real home Brendon... forget that filthy, cheating scum of the earth, I'm sorry you had to endure that cesspool.
My thought exactly!

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
saint6709
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Sat 08 Dec 2018 7:51pm
dragit wrote: Sat 08 Dec 2018 7:33pm Deviously trying to keep him on side in case of potential father sons down the track, come back to your real home Brendon... forget that filthy, cheating scum of the earth, I'm sorry you had to endure that cesspool.
My thought exactly!
Agree

derby Street
Club Player

Trev from the Bush wrote: Sat 08 Dec 2018 8:50am Essendon's reasoning is sound, he did step up to the plate in the club's darkest period in history. Well earned, BJ.

Seems to me a pretty cheap life membership. I reckon there would be plenty of Essendon people and ex players who would be spewing believing they deserve life membership more than what B.J gave the bummers in service.

silverhalo
Club Player

Definitely a hidden agenda in them giving BJ life membership - would have a left a bitter taste in his mouth when they dumped him this year when BJ was convinced he had more to offer - he wasn't allowed to go out on his own terms which was unfortunate.

I'm sure they thought the only way to get him back on side just in case of father / son was to throw a life membership at him. No disrespect to BJ because he has been a terrific player but he didn't have to do much to 'earn' that life membership - the injectors seem to be giving them away, where's the honour in having one??

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote: Sat 08 Dec 2018 7:33pm Deviously trying to keep him on side in case of potential father sons down the track...
Well he did arrive after the drugging so he may be one of the only Bombers players in recent history who still has sperm capable of producing a healthy child.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

I told a workmate who is a Bummer fan and even he was puzzled by it.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

I thought this thread was going to be about BJ's new broccoli diet.

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Main thing is he didn’t win a flag with the Injectors.

I’m sure the life membership thing with the Dopers was Dildo’s idea just to give us the shytes

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
the dome
Club Player

B.J. & that Grand Final mark

I was disappointed to see B.J. moving on from the Saints. I enjoyed seeing him reach his 200th. & worried for his safety when he fell in a heap over in Adelaide & was stretchered off (body twitching). If he left due to $$ issues that could have been resolved I would be disappointed. I didn't like to see him go to another club.
However when B.J. pulled down that specky in the Grand Final against the pies it felt like liquid steel coursing through the veins. Like Lenny's team lifting bomb B.J's mark wont be forgotten.
Thank you B.J. for those 200+ games in the red, black & 'white'.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Dave McNamara wrote: Tue 11 Dec 2018 11:28pm I thought this thread was going to be about BJ's new broccoli diet.
he was full of hot air needing to vent constantly

Seeya