Saints homeward bound!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints homeward bound!!

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

that's better :)

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Most Saints fans other than Dave...

Dave...

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Loving your work Doc. A couple of points though.

Where do you get your $500 million figure from?

Where do we get the funding from?
Same as before. We are an AFL footy club. So business interests connected to the club, and lobbying governments at all levels.

Our debt.
Poodles, Nuff Nuff, Bummerdrugcheats, CarltonCrewbrownpaperbaggers have all/are about to pay off their $10 million debts. Ours is going the other way. :shock: :x
Yes the AFL needs its clubs for the TV rights and all that. However, that doesn't necessarily mean that the AFL thinks it needs St Kilda. :idea: If our debt keeps ballooning, Gestapo HQ could well refuse to keep underwriting our debt... unless we move interstate. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Moorabbin clearly ain't the answer. (See our ballooning debt.) JO would be.
Doc, you would have received the email from the club... 'Social Sundays at Moorabbin'(?) Great concept. Except. At Moorabbin. :roll: Imagine doing these at the JO. 8-)

However Doc, whilst loving your memes, I'm still waiting to hear your answers on what to do about our debt. Everyone else is paying their's off. (Nuff Nuff, even doing so sans having any supporters, and sans poker machine bandits.)

Back to your memes. One little correction... I have the Fuhrer-approved blonde hair. :wink:

evertonfc wrote:(If we had our own ground and identity I would feel completely different about this...)
Plugger666 (remember her?) wrote:
The Fireman wrote:the JO is the GO
+3
Otiman wrote:Time to bring back smaller, cheaper to run, better for the fans stadiums. You only have to look as far as Geelong to see it happen. Even Carlton has something that's usable. I don't think public transport options around Moorabbin are good enough, but grounds like Junction Oval could be built to house sub 20k games.
(Dave's edit: JO has shown it can hold crowds over 20K.)
Dr Spaceman wrote:"... clearly the AP is the GO! the "Alpaca Paddock", next to the present site of the St Kilda Bowling Club near the St Kilda railway station..."
Aussie Jonestown wrote: Fri 09 Nov 2018 12:12pm Saints moving forward to the Junction Oval certainly has an air of inevitability about it!
Dr Spaceman wrote: Tue 06 Nov 2018 5:35pm
sunsaint wrote:... why you do prefer a development at moorabbin over our name sake suburb?
I would prefer St Kilda...

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Dr Spaceman wrote: Thu 17 Jan 2019 2:07pm Most Saints fans other than Dave...

More people here though Doc.

and here

and here...

8-)

evertonfc wrote:(If we had our own ground and identity I would feel completely different about this...)
+3
Otiman wrote:Time to bring back smaller, cheaper to run, better for the fans stadiums. You only have to look as far as Geelong to see it happen. Even Carlton has something that's usable. I don't think public transport options around Moorabbin are good enough, but grounds like Junction Oval could be built to house sub 20k games.
Dr Spaceman wrote:"... clearly the AP is the GO! the "Alpaca Paddock", next to the present site of the St Kilda Bowling Club near the St Kilda railway station..."
Aussie Jonestown wrote: Fri 09 Nov 2018 12:12pm Saints moving forward to the Junction Oval certainly has an air of inevitability about it!
sunsaint wrote:... why you do prefer a development at moorabbin over our name sake suburb?

Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote: Sat 02 Feb 2019 8:52am
Dr Spaceman wrote: Thu 17 Jan 2019 2:07pm Most Saints fans other than Dave...

More people here though Doc.

and here

and here...

8-)

More people maybe Dave.

Unfortunately:

Not as many goal posts
Not as many footballs
Not as many football players
Not so many Saints fans

But these are obviously unimportant factors to you. It's simply a matter of finding a place where big crowds gather.

That being the case there are even better options available to you than the JO. For instance, this one's been in the news over the last week and clearly there are hundreds of thousands of very passionate folk looking for a bit of action. And they're the sort of exotic, funky, groovy folk you love to mingle with.

Make it happen Dave! You may even be able to negotiate a super box for you and your besties :wink:

PS: Not sure how you'll go with the old Government finance thingy :?

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

The Fireman wrote: Tue 15 Jan 2019 4:57pm that's better :)
Like hell it is
Why am I fat ?

I think it's more evidence that the good Doc is quacking wrong

Seeya
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote: Sat 02 Feb 2019 12:13pmMore people maybe Dave.

Unfortunately:

Not as many goal posts
Not as many footballs
Not as many football players
Not so many Saints fans

But these are obviously unimportant factors to you. It's simply a matter of finding a place where big crowds gather.

That being the case there are even better options available to you than the JO. For instance, this one's been in the news over the last week and clearly there are hundreds of thousands of very passionate folk looking for a bit of action. And they're the sort of exotic, funky, groovy folk you love to mingle with.

Make it happen Dave! You may even be able to negotiate a super box for you and your besties :wink:

PS: Not sure how you'll go with the old Government finance thingy :?
Doc, you're getting sooooooo close. I reckon you're about to grasp the idea. :D

Yes!!! It's all about bringing our Saintas to where the action is. 8-)

Bringing our Saintas back home.

Big hint: And that ain't outer Seafolly. And whilst an improvement on Seafolly (which isn't saying much, hell, isn't saying anything), Moorabbin ain't the where the action is either. :wink: )

PS: Doc, how's that meme going?
You know. The one that addresses the solution to everyone else clearing their $10mil debts... whilst ours continues... to grow. :shock: A.k.a. the 'How our Saintas can survive and thrive' meme.
Doc, from talking to a few blokes who said they are ex-AFL footballers, the whisper is that there are a lot of people hanging out to see this meme. (No pressure though Doc. :) )

+3
Aussie Jonestown Massacre wrote: Fri 09 Nov 2018 12:12pm Saints moving forward to the Junction Oval certainly has an air of inevitability about it!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Saints homeward bound!!

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

establishing a club and grd where the people are ?????? crazy......... the JO is still the GO

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote: Sat 02 Feb 2019 12:41pm
The Fireman wrote: Tue 15 Jan 2019 4:57pm that's better :)
Like hell it is
Why am I fat ?

I think it's more evidence that the good Doc is quacking wrong
no sugar coke is a good start ;)

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:establishing a club and grd where the people are ?????? crazy.........

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

something more local will be fine.. maybe where the club bears it's name would be a good start.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Wed 06 Feb 2019 9:18pm something more local will be fine.. maybe where the club bears it's name would be a good start.
Ship Creek?

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:something more local will be fine.. maybe where the club bears it's name would be a good start.
Yes Dave is correct; in the summertime big crowds sometimes gather on the St Kilda foreshore.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

Come on Doc. I have faith in you. I know that you can get there. It's all about bringing our Saintas to where the action is. 8-)

Bringing our Saintas back home.

PS: Doc, how's that meme going?
You know. The one that addresses the solution to everyone else clearing their $10mil debts... whilst ours continues... to grow. :shock: A.k.a. the 'How our Saintas can survive and thrive' meme. (No pressure though Doc. :) )

PPS: Given the brave new world of Saintsational, I just want to make it clear to the powers-that-be and any of their moles... I love your memes Doc, and do not find them offensive. So please don't report our Doc!
(Despite all that, Doc, I'm fuhrer-approved blonde. So if you could manage to reflect that in your future memes...? Ta. :D )

+3
Aussie Jonestown Massacre wrote: Fri 09 Nov 2018 12:12pm Saints moving forward to the Junction Oval certainly has an air of inevitability about it!

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Hadn’t opened this thread in some time. Glorious work by our good doctor. Keep feeding him Dave. Fight the good (utterly futile, but entertaining) fight.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

in light of the new SS era - I fear we are playing with fire in the middle of a icy lake
but what the heaaay

I fear the ole Doc has got nutting - he is probably still bathing his victims ( i mean patients) in tubs of leeches and drilling holes in skulls - well thats what his posts feel like anyway
My very special secret spies tell me the evil Doc is gathering his forces somewhere along Nepean Highway forming a blockade to all those that wish to venture closer to the city
He has enlisted the most devilish and stubborn of naysayers in Nancy and together they have some fiendish plan to use some poor innocent children to form a human shield-
think of the children people renounce & reject all that the Doc stands for ...

Seeya
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:in light of the new SS era - I fear we are playing with fire in the middle of a icy lake
but what the heaaay

I fear the ole Doc has got nutting - he is probably still bathing his victims ( i mean patients) in tubs of leeches and drilling holes in skulls - well thats what his posts feel like anyway
My very special secret spies tell me the evil Doc is gathering his forces somewhere along Nepean Highway forming a blockade to all those that wish to venture closer to the city
He has enlisted the most devilish and stubborn of naysayers in Nancy and together they have some fiendish plan to use some poor innocent children to form a human shield-
think of the children people renounce & reject all that the Doc stands for ...

Don't you worry 'bout what the doc may or may not be up to Sunny.

While you've been distracted worrying about possible Nepean Highway problems your good mate Dave has been rounded up by some of my fellow medical experts:

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Build it and they will come.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:Build it and they will come.
The first part will never happen so the second part's irrelevant.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

Come on Doc! Blonde hair please!

And I'm really hangin' out to see that meme that addresses the solution to everyone else clearing their $10mil debts... whilst ours continues... to grow. A.k.a. the 'How our Saintas can survive and thrive' meme.

I know it's gonna' be a ripper meme. :D

+3

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Dave, when you provide your detailed plan as to how the JO can happen, then you'll get your meme.

But I won't hold my breath because every time I ask you for it you just copy and paste "JO is the GO" rubbish. You keep going on about clearing a $10 million debt but how will that happen by building a stadium (on land we don't have) that would conservatively cost $500,000,000? And before you rubbish that figure take a look at the money poured into Skilled Stadium over the years, seeing as you love to use the Cats as your example of how we can make money from having our own ground. It makes no sense.

Either you really are insane or you're just trolling the hell out of this topic (I suspect it's the latter, egged on by your mate with the big hose :roll: )

But if you are not mad, and if you are serious, then please do tell; how does one actually make the JO the GO (a real plan is required not some "Green New Deal" crap :wink: ) ?

We're all waiting...

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote: Wed 13 Feb 2019 9:01pm
The Fireman wrote:Build it and they will come.
The first part will never happen so the second part's irrelevant.
never say never Dr. The JO is the GO and I think secretly you know that...so let's get it happening. I would like to propose forming a committee committed to the move and having you head it as I believe you want it more than most.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

-Chinese are investing in stadiums around the world.
-Chinese are loving investing in Australian Commercial Real Estate
-AFL playing in Shang Hai is partly thanks to that enormous Shang Hai Real Estate mob combined teamed up with our biggest mining baroness under the (questionable but convenient) auspices of Australian soft -power, moving the needle slightly towards, 'Oh, just keep buying, coal, steel and real-estate because we love what you are doing in the south-China sea and would love you to help our elected politicians make decisions (in your favour)
-JOval deal, a bit shady. Cricket kicked out of the MCG so Eddie's boys can spend more time there. Then CA gets short changed in the end.
-St Kilda go to China, with our newly created SCO and CSI ('Saints Chinese Officer' and 'Chinese Social Influencer') come back convincing the Chinese that they if they can't buy the Saints wholesale (not telling them that we actually play AFL instead of soccer) they can buy the JO as long as they pay off the politicians, Eddie, CA etc., to bring cricket back to the Melbourne ..eh..Cricket Ground.

-Done

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!