2019 Leadership Group Announced

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mordiboyz
Club Player

2019 Leadership Group Announced

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2019-02-1 ... -announced

This is a leadership group!

Go Saints.

mordiboyz
Club Player

Re: 2019 Leadership Group Announced

Captain:

Jarryn Geary

Vice Captain:

Seb Ross

Leadership Group:

Dan Hannebery
Tim Membrey
Dylan Roberton

OUT:

Jack Newness
Jack Steven

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Great LG. Seb Ross will be our next skipper.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Dylan Roberton is my pick for next Captain. I think we could find out this season how much we missed him in 2018

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Cairnsman wrote: Thu 14 Feb 2019 12:37pm Dylan Roberton is my pick for next Captain. I think we could find out this season how much we missed him in 2018
Co-skipper with Ross in 2020? Hmmm....

The good news also...they are expecting all 5 players to play heaps of footy which includes Roberton and Hannebery.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
stonecold
SS Life Member

So Geary skipper again, Hanner's in leadership group and Hickey gone!!!!!

Lot of football experts on this forum, NOT!!!!!

Lot of Armchair experts, some should just stay quiet supporters really!!!!!

Bring on 2019!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
degruch
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote: Thu 14 Feb 2019 1:41pm So Geary skipper again, Hanner's in leadership group and Hickey gone!!!!!

Bring on 2019!!!!!
Pretty much as predicted, in all 3 cases, isn't it?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote: Thu 14 Feb 2019 1:41pm So Geary skipper again, Hanner's in leadership group and Hickey gone!!!!!

Bring on 2019!!!!!
If I was an armchair I'd be a quiet one.

DJ Higgins
Club Player

Understand each of their selection and covers the whole ground but still not happy with gears being captain. Understand why but if you are not a lock for the best 22 each week then are you the best choice for captain?

Not picking a fight but he has had a few bad games in a row that would have got others a trip to the zebras

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote: Thu 14 Feb 2019 3:35pm

Bring on 2019!!!!!
Pretty much as predicted, in all 3 cases, isn't it?
Did anybody strongly suggest that anyone of those things wasn’t a likely outcome?

There was never any suggestion from the club that Geary’s position was under threat
Hannebery was touted as a walk in to the leadership group before we even signed and Blind Freddie could see Hickey was on the outs

Appears to be a lot of back patting and self-congratulating for saying I told you so to a point that nobody was arguing.

As they say at the club, you’ve really Lazar’ed that up

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Was Hickey in the leadership group?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Doesn't look good for Newnes. Just had his playing stocks devalued and is entering free agency isnt he? Obviously Jack Steven isnt comfortable with the label and does his leading on the field.

Crossy66
Club Player

DJ Higgins wrote: Thu 14 Feb 2019 4:23pm Understand each of their selection and covers the whole ground but still not happy with gears being captain. Understand why but if you are not a lock for the best 22 each week then are you the best choice for captain?

Not picking a fight but he has had a few bad games in a row that would have got others a trip to the zebras
best 22... probably best 12....simples

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Geary wins again by default. Disappointing. I’d rather the club take a chance and show some daring by choosing a younger more skilful player everyone can get behind.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Crossy66
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Thu 14 Feb 2019 7:40pm Geary wins again by default. Disappointing. I’d rather the club take a chance and show some daring by choosing a younger more skilful player everyone can get behind.
So you think they are all not behind geary?

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Crossy66 wrote: Thu 14 Feb 2019 7:48pm
The_Dud wrote: Thu 14 Feb 2019 7:40pm Geary wins again by default. Disappointing. I’d rather the club take a chance and show some daring by choosing a younger more skilful player everyone can get behind.
???

I read that as a personal opinion. How did you read it to mean he’s talking about people from inside the club.

Crossy66
Club Player

skeptic wrote: Thu 14 Feb 2019 8:55pm
???

I read that as a personal opinion. How did you read it to mean he’s talking about people from inside the club.
No question, you're right, its a personal opinion. I assumed hes talking about people inside the club because thats all that's relevant.
Whether or not nuffies on a fan forum think differently is irrelevant if that's what was referred to.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Crossy66 wrote: Thu 14 Feb 2019 9:03pm
???

No question, you're right, its a personal opinion. I assumed hes talking about people inside the club because thats all that's relevant.
Whether or not nuffies on a fan forum think differently is irrelevant if that's what was referred to.
Fair enough

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

???

Did you just refer to me as a ‘nuffie’? How does that fly under our new dictatorship...?

Back on topic though, I think there could be a number of reasons why Geary, the safe option, is chosen, and why a younger player with ambitions would be hesitant to put their hand up.

Geary tries hard and obviously loves the club, but his skills are poor at best and he does zero damage to the opposition. Out of the 18 captains in the league he would easily be the worst player, and possible the worst in recent memory.

Lastly, I think having the captaincy or not won’t change how Geary plays or his effectiveness, but the added responsibilities might just help propel a young player to new heights.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Thu 14 Feb 2019 9:30pm Did you just refer to me as a ‘nuffie’? How does that fly under our new dictatorship...?
'Nuffies' is non-directional...technicalities, technicalities... :lol:

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

The_Dud wrote: Thu 14 Feb 2019 9:30pm
???

Did you just refer to me as a ‘nuffie’? How does that fly under our new dictatorship...?

Back on topic though, I think there could be a number of reasons why Geary, the safe option, is chosen, and why a younger player with ambitions would be hesitant to put their hand up.

Geary tries hard and obviously loves the club, but his skills are poor at best and he does zero damage to the opposition. Out of the 18 captains in the league he would easily be the worst player, and possible the worst in recent memory.

Lastly, I think having the captaincy or not won’t change how Geary plays or his effectiveness, but the added responsibilities might just help propel a young player to new heights.
Agreed on all of the above, with my addition that Geary is a liability.
All the effort is destroyed by the Basil Fawlty-esque things he does continually.
I shake my head several times each game at him.
And don't give me the old cliche that he's under pressure, his backmen don't support well, etc etc.

Oppo forwards are instructed to let him roam free at a kick-in, because there's very short odds on him doing something silly.
He is our worst player to ever get a regular game since Tim Elliott.
'The coaching staff respect him, they're professionals, they're experts, blah blah'

Lets see their record-

- move to Seaford
- signing Richo after 33% wins
- picking Mav every game then delisting
- using Pick 1 on a guy with known health issues and believing stubbornly that it's gonna be manageable

Need I go on?

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
stonecold
SS Life Member

WellardSaint wrote: Thu 14 Feb 2019 10:16pm
???

All the effort is destroyed by the Basil Fawlty-esque things he does continually.
And don't give me the old cliche that he's under pressure, his backmen don't support well, etc etc.

Oppo forwards are instructed to let him roam free at a kick-in, because there's very short odds on him doing something silly.
'The coaching staff respect him, they're professionals, they're experts, blah blah'

Lets see their record-

- move to Seaford
- using Pick 1 on a guy with known health issues and believing stubbornly that it's gonna be manageable

Need I go on?
Nah, don't go on, unless it's to officially at the next stop to finally get off!!!!! ;)

Easy to point out the negatives, too many positives to post, so won't start a disagreement, against the rules!!!!!

Crossy66
Club Player

???

Haha, no mate, not referring to any individual, just classifying all us supporters as people that are on the outside and dont really know what goes on.
Geary gets massive respect from the playing group and the coaches and they love playing with him. I reckon this will be his last year in the job and i reckon they will be keen to see who stands up this year before annointing a successor- hopefully one of the younger guys. I dont share the view amongst a vocal minority that Geary is a liability and nor do i think the players. But i particularly dont like the bagging of our own players - i leave that to opposition supporters.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

stonecold wrote: Thu 14 Feb 2019 10:57pm
???

Lets see their record-

- move to Seaford

Need I go on?
Nah, don't go on, unless it's to officially at the next stop to finally get off!!!!! ;)

Easy to point out the negatives, too many positives to post, so won't start a disagreement, against the rules!!!!!
If you're a former ruckman from the Saints, you'd agree that Tim Elliott was as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike.
That's how I see Geary.
My opinion.
I'm a realist, not a blind-to-the-obvious fanboi

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
stonecold
SS Life Member

WellardSaint wrote: Thu 14 Feb 2019 11:43pm
stonecold wrote: Thu 14 Feb 2019 10:57pm
???

Lets see their record-

- move to Seaford

Need I go on?

If you're a former ruckman from the Saints, you'd agree that Tim Elliott was as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike.
That's how I see Geary.
My opinion.
I'm a realist, not a blind-to-the-obvious fanboi
That's your opinion, which is is just that, your opinion, not shared by the by the current ' Real St.Klda Opinions' that really matter, your entitled to that as a another supporter!!!!!

Good for you!!!!!

Your Opinion is noted, for whatever that means at the end of the day!!!!!