Saints homeward bound!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Re: Saints homeward bound!!

Dr Spaceman wrote: Wed 06 Mar 2019 9:55pm Dave, if you refuse to read my posts then I can't help you.

You are clearly just trolling and therefore I will ignore your gibberish.

And here was I, thinking Doc that you were the one not reading my posts, given that all the points you've raised have been addressed many times over. :?

Whereas, many of us are still waiting for what, when it finally arrives, is going to be pretty much the meme to end 'em all... you know... life, death, the universe, the alternative solution to the JO that will solve...
our $10 million debt is growing, whilst enemy clubs clear their $10 million debts. (Including one club, with no supporters, and also no pokie bandits. :idea: ) Our beloved club is going backwards.

However, Doc you are clearly far from a lost cause... I never even thought about curly hair. Love it! :D (Now, any chance of the blonde eyes too?)

Ok Doc, you've given something, so in the goodwill negotiating spirit (not) of your orange mate, I shall give something (more) also. :)

Doc, this coming Sunday, why don't you take time out from consulting, and take a little trip out from the Newtown Institute of Saintology, and head over to Eureka Stadium? There are some good reasons...

- Our Saints will be singing the song in the rooms after the game again. (I'm unsure if that'll be before or after the CEO, President and Edward have addressed the players? :? But that hardly matters.)

- It's whispered that your second favourite superhero, Captain Marvel, will also make the trip. Image
Though please note, Captain Marvel is very much in demand, and his presence has yet to been confirmed by Edward's sources.

- If you can make it to Eureka Stadium Doc, you'll also get to see their Stage One of the venue's redevelopment, completed in late June 2017. The ground has been transformed with construction of a new 5,000-seat grandstand, 50sqm video scoreboard, new lighting and resurfacing of the playing surface which is now the same dimensions as Captain Marvel Stadium. (Docked-lands to us Saintas. :evil: )
https://www.austadiums.com/stadiums/stadiums.php?id=348

Nice. :)

Whaddya' reckon Doc? Not bad for a cost of... $15m...? :wink:

PS: If you can make it Doc, you can also share the pineapple donuts with myself, Trev and The Captain. Yum. :D

evertonfc wrote:(If we had our own ground and identity I would feel completely different about this...)
Plugger666 (remember her?) wrote:
The Fireman wrote:the JO is the GO
+3
Otiman wrote:Time to bring back smaller, cheaper to run, better for the fans stadiums. You only have to look as far as Geelong to see it happen. Even Carlton has something that's usable. I don't think public transport options around Moorabbin are good enough, but grounds like Junction Oval could be built to house sub 20k games.
(Dave's edit: JO has shown it can hold crowds over 20K.)
Dr Spaceman wrote:"... clearly the AP is the GO! the "Alpaca Paddock", next to the present site of the St Kilda Bowling Club near the St Kilda railway station..."
Aussie Jonestown Massacre wrote: Fri 09 Nov 2018 12:12pm Saints moving forward to the Junction Oval certainly has an air of inevitability about it!
Dr Spaceman wrote: Tue 06 Nov 2018 5:35pm
sunsaint wrote:... why you do prefer a development at moorabbin over our name sake suburb?
I would prefer St Kilda...

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

When you got nuttin of substance
go with the flash
that'll fool em

Seeya
Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Wasn't the AFL thinking of a 3rd boutique stadium? Or have they dropped off that idea? I know Punt Rd was been discussed, a ridiculous notion.

Whether the AFL replace the Docklands (I refuse to call it Marvel) or not, I think a third smaller stadium is needed and it should be south of the Yarra. Forget Princes Park, how would anyone get there?

It would be a fantasy come true if a 25,000 seater was built at Moorabbin, but I could live with the JO. There is nothing silly about the prospect, however I would think the AFL and perhaps the State Govt, would need to be in on it.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote:Wasn't the AFL thinking of a 3rd boutique stadium? Or have they dropped off that idea? I know Punt Rd was been discussed, a ridiculous notion.

Whether the AFL replace the Docklands (I refuse to call it Marvel) or not, I think a third smaller stadium is needed and it should be south of the Yarra. Forget Princes Park, how would anyone get there?

It would be a fantasy come true if a 25,000 seater was built at Moorabbin, but I could live with the JO. There is nothing silly about the prospect, however I would think the AFL and perhaps the State Govt, would need to be in on it.
The trouble LL is that there is no longer a Junction Oval available

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cricket_Victoria

"Between 2015 and 2018, the oval underwent a $40 million redevelopment designed to make it the administrative headquarters of Cricket Victoria."

"In December 2014, the Victorian Government announced it would contribute $25 million to the redevelopment of the venue, to allow it to become the administrative and training headquarters of Cricket Victoria. By the end of 2015, Cricket Victoria and Cricket Australia, in combination with the Melbourne Cricket Club contributed the extra $15 million necessary to allow the redevelopment to proceed."

The State Government and AFL will not pump any money into this ground. It is now a purpose built cricket facility. And they will not build a new stadium on a greenfield site in St Kilda; why would they? There are already reports about the redevelopment of Carlton's ground, so as unpalatable as it may be to some, that would most likely be the boutique stadium that we and other Melbourne clubs might make use of.

Dave's a dreamer. Let's face it he's a Greens voter. Yes it would be nice if we could play at a ground in St Kilda but it's just not possible. Dave thinks that simply because we have a few rich supporters it's just a matter of time until they get us to the JO. But none have shown any interest in doing so. That's probably because they have functioning brains. Our new filthy rich President has spoken of his fond childhood memories of watching the Saints at Moorabbin. The JO would not rate a mention in his plans for the club.

You may feel the desire to stick up for Dave. After all he's your new mate in the cubby house. But hopefully you can look at this logically and then you'll realise he's a few palings short of a picket fence, a few bricks short of a suburban grandstand, when it comes to this topic.

Dave's new hero is the freshman Democrat Congresswoman from New York who wants to save the world by banning airplanes and farting cows at a cost of $93 trillion.

No wonder he thinks the JO will happen :roll:

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

never say never

asiu
Saintsational Legend

:D

mates everywhere

thats good isn’t it

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend

Eureka stadium looks pretty good there Dave
Alan Jones and his mates are pulling down a 20yr old stadium down in Sydney and building a new one porbably because the vip boxes aren't luxurious enough and there's just not enough heli-pads
Up here in QLD they are building a new $60mil multi-sport complex and the lions are moving out there stand and all

It just takes people with vision or in Jones' case enough arrogance and corruption to get the bulldozers in and building started

Seeya
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Dr Spaceman wrote: Sat 09 Mar 2019 8:41am
Linton Lodger wrote:Wasn't the AFL thinking of a 3rd boutique stadium? Or have they dropped off that idea? I know Punt Rd was been discussed, a ridiculous notion.

The trouble LL is that there is no longer a Junction Oval available

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cricket_Victoria

"Between 2015 and 2018, the oval underwent a $40 million redevelopment designed to make it the administrative headquarters of Cricket Victoria."

"In December 2014, the Victorian Government announced it would contribute $25 million to the redevelopment of the venue, to allow it to become the administrative and training headquarters of Cricket Victoria. By the end of 2015, Cricket Victoria and Cricket Australia, in combination with the Melbourne Cricket Club contributed the extra $15 million necessary to allow the redevelopment to proceed."

The State Government and AFL will not pump any money into this ground. It is now a purpose built cricket facility. And they will not build a new stadium on a greenfield site in St Kilda; why would they? There are already reports about the redevelopment of Carlton's ground, so as unpalatable as it may be to some, that would most likely be the boutique stadium that we and other Melbourne clubs might make use of.

Dave's a dreamer. Let's face it he's a Greens voter. Yes it would be nice if we could play at a ground in St Kilda but it's just not possible. Dave thinks that simply because we have a few rich supporters it's just a matter of time until they get us to the JO. But none have shown any interest in doing so. That's probably because they have functioning brains. Our new filthy rich President has spoken of his fond childhood memories of watching the Saints at Moorabbin. The JO would not rate a mention in his plans for the club.

You may feel the desire to stick up for Dave. After all he's your new mate in the cubby house. But hopefully you can look at this logically and then you'll realise he's a few palings short of a picket fence, a few bricks short of a suburban grandstand, when it comes to this topic.

Dave's new hero is the freshman Democrat Congresswoman from New York who wants to save the world by banning airplanes and farting cows at a cost of $93 trillion.

No wonder he thinks the JO will happen :roll:

Firstly Doc, a little correction, or two.
In reality, the Green New Deal would not take away cars or prohibit cattle ownership. It does contain proposals to drastically reduce the emission of greenhouse gases, to which methane-producing cows and commercial air travel are both major contributors.
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/12/trump-t ... peech.html
“It’s not to say you get rid of agriculture. It’s not to say we’re going to force everybody to go vegan or anything crazy like that,” she said. “But it’s to say, listen, we’ve got to address factory farming. Maybe we shouldn’t be eating a hamburger for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Like, let’s keep it real.” Ocasio-Cortez went on to say that, “We set a goal to get to net-zero, rather than zero, emissions in 10 years because we aren’t sure that we’ll be able to fully get rid of farting cows and airplanes that fast.” Cue the Ocasio-Cortez Hamburglar comparisons.
https://www.eater.com/2019/3/1/18246220 ... -creepshot

Now Doc, the Captain, Bushy Trev and myself missed your company (and the much anticipated pineapple donuts) on Sunday.

And you missed Edward's rousing speech to the boys after the game. (And to Dylan and Paddy in the hospital).

But most of all Doc, you missed seeing what can be done, and not with $500 million. (Still don't know where you got that figure from? Possibly the same source as the $93 trillion farting cows? ) But with a much more achievable... $15 million.

Nice, eh? :)

Come on Doc, you know that as an AFL club, we can make the JO happen. There is no practical reason in what you've written above as to why we shouldn't also be back at the JO.

And it'd better than you having to do that meme... life, death, the universe, the alternative solution to the JO that will solve...
our $10 million debt is growing, whilst enemy clubs clear their $10 million debts. (Including one club, with no supporters, and also no pokie bandits. :idea: ) Our beloved club is going backwards.

Come on Doc. We know, that deep down, you know, that the JO is the GO. :D

evertonfc wrote:(If we had our own ground and identity I would feel completely different about this...)
Plugger666 (remember her?) wrote:
The Fireman wrote:the JO is the GO
+3
Otiman wrote:Time to bring back smaller, cheaper to run, better for the fans stadiums. You only have to look as far as Geelong to see it happen. Even Carlton has something that's usable. I don't think public transport options around Moorabbin are good enough, but grounds like Junction Oval could be built to house sub 20k games.
(Dave's edit: JO has shown it can hold crowds over 20K.)
Dr Spaceman wrote:"... clearly the AP is the GO! the "Alpaca Paddock", next to the present site of the St Kilda Bowling Club near the St Kilda railway station..."
Aussie Jonestown Massacre wrote: Fri 09 Nov 2018 12:12pm Saints moving forward to the Junction Oval certainly has an air of inevitability about it!
Dr Spaceman wrote: Tue 06 Nov 2018 5:35pm
sunsaint wrote:... why you do prefer a development at moorabbin over our name sake suburb?
I would prefer St Kilda. I know it's live! I want people to know.

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

asiu
Saintsational Legend

:D

they’re saved

we’ve done that already
... breeding pair.

gotta tackle the big jobs first u know

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Tue 12 Mar 2019 1:57pm :D

they’re saved

we’ve done that already
... breeding pair.

gotta tackle the big jobs first u know
whatever you do - dont tell the doc where they are
he will feed them to his dinosaur

Seeya
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

I think we could sell one of our home games at Marvell for a special boutique game at the JO. A company could buy the game, similar to how home games are sold abroad and in rural areas. Up until now the rationale for it has been “spreading the game” to new lands, or rural ‘pay-back’ but honestly, within a generation, maybe within ten years, the game’s status within Melbourne could be in peril and fertilizing the ‘home patch’ maybe seriously considered. St Kilda is a crowd drawer with or without games every weekend. Crowd sizes will be no smaller than NZ, Tassie, Ballarat, China etc. (and Russia, when they start)

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote:I think we could sell one of our home games at Marvell for a special boutique game at the JO. A company could buy the game, similar to how home games are sold abroad and in rural areas. Up until now the rationale for it has been “spreading the game” to new lands, or rural ‘pay-back’ but honestly, within a generation, maybe within ten years, the game’s status within Melbourne could be in peril and fertilizing the ‘home patch’ maybe seriously considered. St Kilda is a crowd drawer with or without games every weekend. Crowd sizes will be no smaller than NZ, Tassie, Ballarat, China etc. (and Russia, when they start)
You seem to forget that there is no longer a JO available for footy but apart from that it's a brilliant plan.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

whatever you do - dont tell the doc where they are
he will feed them to his dinosaur
shhhh .., we hide em at the JO
nobody goes there

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Wed 13 Mar 2019 8:16am
shhhh .., we hide em at the JO
nobody goes there
That's why the people who do go there are Happy

And I told you the mad doc has dinosaurs

Seeya
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend

...or is a dinosaur

Seeya
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend

& does anyone see the parallel with this weekend's event and stkilda
Melbourne had a GP at Albert park
Lost it ...
Got it back to Albert park through some can do attitude and like it or not is a big success
If it was up to the Doc all those years ago he would have just said NO can't do it - there's already a road around Albert park...

Seeya
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:& does anyone see the parallel with this weekend's event and stkilda
Melbourne had a GP at Albert park
Lost it ...
Got it back to Albert park through some can do attitude and like it or not is a big success
If it was up to the Doc all those years ago he would have just said NO can't do it - there's already a road around Albert park...
Stupid comment sunnyboy.

But seeing as Dave refuses to answer, perhaps you can detail how you will get us back to a ground that is no longer available and in which people outside this thread have no interest in.

I've previously given my reasons as to why it can't happen, so I'm genuinely interested in how you see it happening.

Or is "The JO is the GO" all you guys have?

asiu
Saintsational Legend

thats a nice shade of eye shadow Doc
‘n a good rack of lashes

8-)

its so healthy hang’n with the ‘corns

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

The JO was once available for Football, now it's available for Cricket so we only have to wait for it to be available for football again. Let's make it happen, it was football.... it can be again. never say never...The JO is the GO.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Wed 13 Mar 2019 4:06pm The JO was once available for Football, now it's available for Cricket so we only have to wait for it to be available for football again. Let's make it happen, it was football.... it can be again. never say never...The JO is the GO.