Nauseated

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ss1986
Club Player

Nauseated

Nauseated by the faux ‘positivity’ of scraping past the Suns yet again.

Deadset, how far do we have to stoop before we realise we are going nowhere fast?

“Oh youre a sad sack, oh its Round 1, oh Hannebery will be the saviour” yaddah yaddah.

What an absolute crock of sh*te.

This club is run by a bunch of thieves and supported by a bunch of lovely people....too lovely, who demand nothing and ultimately get NOTHING in return.

twirlyhair
Club Player

Re: Nauseated

Your welcome to find another team if you like. We don't need you.

ss1986
Club Player

twirlyhair wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 6:33pm Your welcome to find another team if you like. We don't need you.
Classic Saints fan’s response. How dare ANYONE actually question this club and demand accountability?

It’s only been 53 years....

spert
Saintsational Legend

twirlyhair wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 6:33pm Your welcome to find another team if you like. We don't need you.
You're not Your! The poster owns something called "welcome to find another team if you like" ?? Bad grammar wont be tolerated by Richo this season :shock:

Milne
Club Player

These sorts of responses don't add any value at all.

Saints fans have a right to be pissed off with the club in recent times.

Aussie Jonestown
Club Player

Do you speak for everyone?

ST KILDA concedes it didn't know the full extent of prized recruit Dan Hannebery's struggles with his body when it traded for him.
ss1986
Club Player

I am just bewildered. If this was ANY other club, they’d be screaming from the rooftops.

WHY do we just continue to put up with it?

Richo’s resigning, selection policy, the Hannebery rort... it all stinks to high heaven of short term ass covering/job saving/corruption. Of course no one can definitely say it is for fear of being banned... but any good ethics policy in business means that even something “perceived” is a real issue.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Lol.

Back from Chemist Wharehouse already

#winning

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Amazed that the Henny Penny crowd even bother to follow footy - wah wah wah complain complain complain

Step away take a breath and come back once the concrete milkshake has set

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
damienc
Club Player

ss1986 wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 6:32pm Nauseated by the faux ‘positivity’ of scraping past the Suns yet again.

Deadset, how far do we have to stoop before we realise we are going nowhere fast?

“Oh youre a sad sack, oh its Round 1, oh Hannebery will be the saviour” yaddah yaddah.

What an absolute crock of sh*te.

This club is run by a bunch of thieves and supported by a bunch of lovely people....too lovely, who demand nothing and ultimately get NOTHING in return.
You are very entitled to your opinion and I am not about to try to convince you otherwise.

But it was game 1, expect some rust. Granted the Suns are the competition’s likely wooden spooners. We did show signs of improvement around ball delivery and kicking for goal. Matt Parker is worth getting excited about. Up and about and enjoying his footy.

Everything you say may well come to pass but I would like to see how we go over the next couple of games.

Jury is out in my mind but I respect where you are coming from and your arguments have a lot of merit. It won’t take long before we know for sure if we are looking at a repeat of 2018 or worse.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

ss1986 wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 6:35pm
Classic Saints fan’s response. How dare ANYONE actually question this club and demand accountability?

To be fair, you didn't question the club and demand accountability - you just had a whinge.

The club is in a funk, no doubt. But in an 18 team comp with a draft, a salary cap, and a revenue driven fixture - you can't click your fingers and be awesome overnight.

I'm all for the bagging the club, no issue with that at all. But highlighting errors doesn't mean s***, unless there was something specific they should have done instead.

Like picking McCartin. Disaster.

Really?

Petracca is no world beater. So although Paddy has turned out to be a complete waste of a no. 1 pick, is it really that big an error?

We recruited Hannebury on big dough. So what? Is he dead? No.
Did it cost us another player? No.

The alternative as it stands, is that we simply don't have him, and instead are overpaying some spuds currently on our list.

When put in context, it actually isn't really tantrum worthy.

ss1986
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 7:29pm

To be fair, you didn't question the club and demand accountability - you just had a whinge.

The club is in a funk, no doubt. But in an 18 team comp with a draft, a salary cap, and a revenue driven fixture - you can't click your fingers and be awesome overnight.

I'm all for the bagging the club, no issue with that at all. But highlighting errors doesn't mean s***, unless there was something specific they should have done instead.

Really?

Petracca is no world beater. So although Paddy has turned out to be a complete waste of a no. 1 pick, is it really that big an error?

The alternative as it stands, is that we simply don't have him, and instead are overpaying some spuds currently on our list.

My posts for years now has been attempting to get yo the bottom of why decisions are made, and what the internal processes are that enables such strange decisions to be made....

Richo’s resigning was the strangest decision of all. There was NOTHING about it that made sense.

The Hannebery decision, if rumour is to be believed, is questionable from an ethics perspective... and the way Richo spoke this week makes it appear even worse. We didnt do a proper DD from a health perspective, OR, the club pressed on anyway. Either way - not good enough.

The McCartin decision I don’t hold against them as much as some others... I still hope Paddy comes good.

Selling us a pup re warchest, big names, then picking Clark and Coffield, when every draft in history has resulted in a max positive of one good player, and one distinctly average player in pick 7-8 combo was worse.

There’s so much wrong with this club... I’m sorry, but I am at my wits end.

twirlyhair
Club Player

Aussie Jonestown wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 6:50pm
No, just me.

Aussie Jonestown
Club Player

twirlyhair wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 7:49pm
No, just me.
You referred to yourself as "we".

ST KILDA concedes it didn't know the full extent of prized recruit Dan Hannebery's struggles with his body when it traded for him.
Aussie Jonestown
Club Player

No, just me.
You referred to yourself as "We".

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Aussie Jonestown wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 7:52pm
No, just me.
You referred to yourself as "we".
Lol, really walked him down the garden path did you

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

our turnover by foot will destroy us this season, it's something you can't fix in a hurry...poor foot skills will kill us, the rot started in the 3rd qrt , painful to watch.

I'll put some money on the spoon.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

I just don't understand the context of the OP.

Gee whiz, we're a struggling team who has been walking under ladders the whole off-season, we manage to salvage a win and people are bemoaning it. Really? Would it have been better to lose the game instead?

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

ss1986 wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 7:36pm I am at my wits end.
I wholeheartedly agree.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 7:58pm I just don't understand the context of the OP.

Gee whiz, we're a struggling team who has been walking under ladders the whole off-season, we manage to salvage a win and people are bemoaning it. Really? Would it have been better to lose the game instead?
of course not but it's easy to see we are in trouble .. and yes we are a struggling team

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 8:02pm
Sainternist wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 7:58pm I just don't understand the context of the OP.

of course not but it's easy to see we are in trouble .. and yes we are a struggling team
When we meet the better teams, even those just outside the 8; yes, we are going to struggle mightily. It has been abundantly clear this season will be quite trying. But let's not go all Chicken Little after a win. To be honest, I didn't feel like celebrating the win much at all, but I didn't think the lads played THAT badly for it to be a hollow victory. Granted, we'll probably be lucky to get a handful of wins in total this year. Let's just try and enjoy ourselves a little, eh?

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 8:08pm
The Fireman wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 8:02pm

When we meet the better teams, even those just outside the 8; yes, we are going to struggle mightily. It has been abundantly clear this season will be quite trying. But let's not go all Chicken Little after a win. To be honest, I didn't feel like celebrating the win much at all, but I didn't think the lads played THAT badly for it to be a hollow victory. Granted, we'll probably be lucky to get a handful of wins in total this year. Let's just try and enjoy ourselves a little, eh?
agreed ...but it's hard. :)

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Cheer up you lot. You aren't Bombers supporters, are you. Or should that be "are you?" for the grammar teachers among you?

Saint supporter since '62
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

ss1986 wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 7:36pm
rodgerfox wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 7:29pm

Really?

My posts for years now has been attempting to get yo the bottom of why decisions are made, and what the internal processes are that enables such strange decisions to be made....

Richo’s resigning was the strangest decision of all. There was NOTHING about it that made sense.

The Hannebery decision, if rumour is to be believed, is questionable from an ethics perspective... and the way Richo spoke this week makes it appear even worse. We didnt do a proper DD from a health perspective, OR, the club pressed on anyway. Either way - not good enough.

The McCartin decision I don’t hold against them as much as some others... I still hope Paddy comes good.

Selling us a pup re warchest, big names, then picking Clark and Coffield, when every draft in history has resulted in a max positive of one good player, and one distinctly average player in pick 7-8 combo was worse.

There’s so much wrong with this club... I’m sorry, but I am at my wits end.
Without being patronising, it sounds like you're not happy with the outcomes.

Fair enough.

But man, 17 clubs lose every year. 8 clubs don't even play finals.

The AFL is cool in the sense that they've embraced the cyclical model of other sports where you get in theory get a crack every few years - but they don't guarantee you actually win it.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 7:57pm our turnover by foot will destroy us this season, it's something you can't fix in a hurry...poor foot skills will kill us, the rot started in the 3rd qrt , painful to watch.

I'll put some money on the spoon.
Come on man, the skills, ball handling and decision making has been putrid across every game this round.