Richo safe as houses

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Re: Richo safe as houses

I think the attitude is inspirational twirlyhair. 🤭

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Sat 30 Mar 2019 11:20pm Unfortunately after all the offseason changes, nothing much seems to have changed on the field re our game plan or execution.

IMO we’ve beaten two very ordinary teams and all it is doing is papering over the cracks and will keep us on track to mediocrity under Richo.

But again, that’s just my opinion, don’t let it offend you.
bulls***, our defensive structures have improved out of sight, and our ball movement has completely changed. Essendon was considered a top 4 side they have superstars on every line,, their midfield has 3 superstars and 3 other very good players, they only had 2 of their best 22 not playing and we outplayed them completely for 3 quarters. Before the season you predicted we would be lucky to win 1 in our first 6, we win our first 2 and now its not because we are any good, its because the opposition are crap.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote: Sun 31 Mar 2019 10:22pm
The_Dud wrote: Sat 30 Mar 2019 11:20pm Unfortunately after all the offseason changes, nothing much seems to have changed on the field re our game plan or execution.

IMO we’ve beaten two very ordinary teams and all it is doing is papering over the cracks and will keep us on track to mediocrity under Richo.

But again, that’s just my opinion, don’t let it offend you.
bulls***, our defensive structures have improved out of sight, and our ball movement has completely changed. Essendon was considered a top 4 side they have superstars on every line,, their midfield has 3 superstars and 3 other very good players, they only had 2 of their best 22 not playing and we outplayed them completely for 3 quarters. Before the season you predicted we would be lucky to win 1 in our first 6, we win our first 2 and now its not because we are any good, its because the opposition are crap.
Gee whiz, so many sensitive souls on here. If all you want is an opinion from a one-eyed supporter with no perspective or objectivity, then feel free to skip passed my posts.

Our defence looked awfully familiar in the third quarter when they were coming and all we could do was bomb it long down the line to watch it come straight back in.

And yes, Essendon are crap (or just terribly out of form) read a newspaper, listen to the radio, talk to an Essendon supporter, look at the ladder (spoiler, they’re bottom), they haven’t even won a JLT game so far. It’s no secret.

And I thought we’d comfortably breeze by the Suns, and look what happened there.

We serve up what we did on Saturday against at least a dozen other teams in the comp and we’d be well and truly flogged. If that’s the kind of footy you’re happy with then good for you. I’m not, I guess I just have higher standards.

But again, if all you’re looking for is rose-coloured bulls**t, feel free to skip my posts.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Was that a pisstake? In what universe were Essendon considered a top 4 side?

Didn’t they finish 11th last year?

Are we playing alternative facts? Longer is the best ruck ever, Richo a master coach, Saints a certainty for top 4 and Paddy to kick a ton.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Safe as houses?

Aren’t housing prices imploding?

Anyone who thinks the club (ie Lethlean) is waiting to see what will happen with Richo past this year is delusional.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
DJ Higgins
Club Player

Bombers got Shiel and he was meant to elevate them up the ladder but he isn't firing yet. When he does they will improve.
The long bombs still occur which sux as we will get found out if it doesn't change but there did seem to be. A few patches when we would run it in and we looked good.
Welcome back brown to the defence. The quiet achiever. Did his job and gave away how many frees? Plus the defence seemed more structured.
And huge praise for the recruitment team. Parker and Wilkie take a bow. Two games a piece and liking what I see. Hind and young yet to debut. Hind is apparently quick and doing well at sandy but haven't seen a game and young has kicked 6 in 2 weeks. There is potential there
In top of that we have Clark ready to go. I'd say him in for Dunstan or lonie

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

DJ Higgins wrote: Mon 01 Apr 2019 8:26am Bombers got Shiel and he was meant to elevate them up the ladder but he isn't firing yet. When he does they will improve.
The long bombs still occur which sux as we will get found out if it doesn't change but there did seem to be. A few patches when we would run it in and we looked good.
Welcome back brown to the defence. The quiet achiever. Did his job and gave away how many frees? Plus the defence seemed more structured.
And huge praise for the recruitment team. Parker and Wilkie take a bow. Two games a piece and liking what I see. Hind and young yet to debut. Hind is apparently quick and doing well at sandy but haven't seen a game and young has kicked 6 in 2 weeks. There is potential there
In top of that we have Clark ready to go. I'd say him in for Dunstan or lonie
Dylan Shiel is not the answer to Essendon's problems and never was, nor will be. Yes, he will influence games from time to time with sheer skill and running power but, he's basically the same player as Zac Merret. Essendon needs inside grunt - someone to put their head over the footy like Jobe Watson used to.

Funnily enough, Essendon would be a better team with Dunstan and we'd be a better team with Shiel's outside run.

Go you red, black & white warriors
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

I am so happy thanks to these JLT and Round one and two.
I go back to the end of last year, Freemans debut? , when Essendon belted us.

We have clearly made good changes. It worked, so far, fingers crossed.

Also I’m proud we took the JLT seriously. Did Essendon? So far it looks like good JLT = good start to season proportions, and I do t think that was always the way before.

Now Freo, can we beat them over there?

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Mon 01 Apr 2019 2:51pm I am so happy thanks to these JLT and Round one and two.

Also I’m proud we took the JLT seriously. Did Essendon? So far it looks like good JLT = good start to season proportions, and I do t think that was always the way before.

IF we bring that same attitude and approach to the footy then why not?

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

thejiggingsaint wrote: Mon 01 Apr 2019 2:54pm
shanegrambeau wrote: Mon 01 Apr 2019 2:51pm I am so happy thanks to these JLT and Round one and two.

Yep - agreed. We're playing well and have some confidence up. Best thing is the boys now get to hop on a plane and spend tons of time with each other galvanising the spirit wins have created over the last 6 weeks. It's almost the perfect time to go away - they've just beaten a team with few injuries largely touted as contenders. Freo are an ok time and may come out fast - still smarting after dropping a soft game to GCS. Then again - I thought the Bummers would try and skittle us early too after their R1 abomination.

I'm not fooling myself - our skills are still average and we still have a 'bomb it in long' affliction but we defend better and seem genuinely enthused. Belief and confidence are huge things at footy clubs. Go Saints!

Go you red, black & white warriors
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Freo only kicked 8 10 against the GC.

We must be some chance.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Mon 01 Apr 2019 7:15am Was that a pisstake? In what universe were Essendon considered a top 4 side?

Didn’t they finish 11th last year?

Are we playing alternative facts? Longer is the best ruck ever, Richo a master coach, Saints a certainty for top 4 and Paddy to kick a ton.
In a really perverse way I cant wait for our first loss as I've missed seeing you post so regularly, I reckon you've probably been the most frustrated of all with 2 wins from 2 games. The early part of this season isnt panning out as you had hoped I'm guessing.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

OMG

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Mon 01 Apr 2019 3:01pm
thejiggingsaint wrote: Mon 01 Apr 2019 2:54pm

Yep - agreed. We're playing well and have some confidence up. Best thing is the boys now get to hop on a plane and spend tons of time with each other galvanising the spirit wins have created over the last 6 weeks. It's almost the perfect time to go away - they've just beaten a team with few injuries largely touted as contenders. Freo are an ok time and may come out fast - still smarting after dropping a soft game to GCS. Then again - I thought the Bummers would try and skittle us early too after their R1 abomination.

I'm not fooling myself - our skills are still average and we still have a 'bomb it in long' affliction but we defend better and seem genuinely enthused. Belief and confidence are huge things at footy clubs. Go Saints!
Fair comment there Colleague, and your key (and crucial) point is in highlighting the manner in which our defending has shown marked improvement!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

We usually play well against Freo. This will be the third year in a row we play them over there after playing 3 years in a row in Melbourne. Plus we also play well against Hawthorn and have the wood on Melbourne.

Imagine if we are actually 5-0.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Mon 01 Apr 2019 3:07pm Freo only kicked 8 10 against the GC.

We must be some chance.
We're a big chance - but we need to take our chances - in front of goal. We do that, we win. No doubt, as the great man used to say.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
ace
Saintsational Legend

Richo safe as houses

There's another Labor government coming.
Seems you forgot that last time Labor did not bother to ask "What happens when you install thermal insulation in the roof space of a house that was never designed to have that insulation installed ?"
THEY RISK BURNING DOWN.

Richo's job may be as safe as a house but under a Labor government that can burn down quickly.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
takeaway
Club Player

ace wrote: Mon 01 Apr 2019 11:19pm Richo safe as houses

Seems you forgot that last time Labor did not bother to ask "What happens when you install thermal insulation in the roof space of a house that was never designed to have that insulation installed ?"
THEY RISK BURNING DOWN.

Richo's job may be as safe as a house but under a Labor government that can burn down quickly.
You're entitled to your view, but Richo's safe anyway, at 33% he's nowhere near the ceiling.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Tue 02 Apr 2019 8:25am

THEY RISK BURNING DOWN.

You're entitled to your view, but Richo's safe anyway, at 33% he's nowhere near the ceiling.
Obviously the OP was designed as a baiting excercise and has created an expected response.

Even Richos most ardent supporters would most likely agree another season like 2018 & he’d be lucky to see the year out. You can’t continue in a results based environment with a 33% win ration (if in fact that number is accurate).

Let’s hope this ‘ streak’ continues and the whole coach discussion goes away.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Tue 02 Apr 2019 9:06am
takeaway wrote: Tue 02 Apr 2019 8:25am

THEY RISK BURNING DOWN.

Obviously the OP was designed as a baiting excercise and has created an expected response.

Even Richos most ardent supporters would most likely agree another season like 2018 & he’d be lucky to see the year out. You can’t continue in a results based environment with a 33% win ration (if in fact that number is accurate).

Let’s hope this ‘ streak’ continues and the whole coach discussion goes away.
Bang on JB, however Alan's supporters weren't disagreeing 2018 was not an acceptable performance, rather things weren't as bad as they seemed. They could also see blind freddy could see there were many more levers to pull than just sack the coach. That's all, and look what happens when level and objective head prevail, Alan's winning record has rocketed to 33.2 % already.

spert
Saintsational Legend

THEY RISK BURNING DOWN.

Mmm.. been watching my house value drop in the last few years under the LNP..hasn't burnt down though!

GilsAuPair
Club Player

Richo is like buying an apartment off the plan.

Stuck in a contract you want to get out of and know will end in a loss.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Come on, be fair. His coaching record is now 34.8%

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/cp- ... rdson--100

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
The Craw
Club Player

I would say there should be no surprise in the renewed enthusiasm of the players since a certain assistant coach left the club.

Not Craw, CRAW!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

The Craw wrote: Fri 05 Apr 2019 9:38am I would say there should be no surprise in the renewed enthusiasm of the players since a certain assistant coach left the club.
Be funny if the saints ended up on top of the tigers at seasons end.