Time to step up!!!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Time to step up!!!!!

can not wait till Richo is gone...well done ratten.

stonecold
SS Life Member

The_Dud wrote: Sun 14 Apr 2019 10:20pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sun 14 Apr 2019 9:49pm What about Dudley for head coach? Don't rule it out! 🤫
Wouldn’t haven taken me til the fourth quarter to move Marshall forward...
Another after the event call, typical really!!!!!

Still not a recliner!!!!! ;)

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
guitars4
Club Player

skeptic wrote: Sun 14 Apr 2019 9:49pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sun 14 Apr 2019 9:46pm No side is perfect but being equal top and 3-1 is good. Very good. Enjoy it.
I think everyone is
So you obviously don't know me :wink:

twirlyhair
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Sun 14 Apr 2019 8:49pm I’m happy to put my hand up and say the coach is no good, and we’re just going to waste years of mediocrity with him at the helm.

To all the Richo supporters, what about his 5 year, 33% winning, no finals playing, record do you think makes him deserve our praise? What about his gameplan today did you think was genius?

Imagine what we could be with a gun senior coach!
35%

twirlyhair
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Sun 14 Apr 2019 8:54pm
stonecold wrote: Sun 14 Apr 2019 8:51pm
The_Dud wrote: Sun 14 Apr 2019 8:49pm I’m happy to put my hand up and say the coach is no good, and we’re just going to waste years of mediocrity with him at the helm.

To all the Richo supporters, what about his 5 year, 33% winning, no finals playing, record do you think makes him deserve our praise? What about his gameplan today did you think was genius?

Well credit where credit is due, at least your self reporting, big step, well done!!!!!
And surely Stoney you’re not on board playing Acres in the ruck at centre bounces over Longer or Pierce?!?
Very likely lose that game if we had of played a ruckman who is just not up to it at the moment. We needed that extra mid.

twirlyhair
Club Player

P.s. can you name your replacement coach top 5 for us?

twirlyhair
Club Player

portosaint wrote: Sun 14 Apr 2019 9:18pm It's all just opinions... Nothing else. I thought that's what a forum was for?

You don't have to agree.

The only people on here forcing their "opinions" down the throats of others, are the ones saying "true supporters" can't possibly object to anything the St Kilda Football Club does. In any way, shape or form.

Vegans.
Hmm there are actually some on here who want the coach out and have stated they want us to lose. True supporters for you?

twirlyhair
Club Player

guitars4 wrote: Sun 14 Apr 2019 9:19pm I think it's pretty obvious that Ratten has had a huge influence on the group . Last year Richo didn't have that luxury . I don't rate Richo as a coach or as an inspirational leader but he is contracted until the end of the year & that's how it is .
You have spoken personally with him?

twirlyhair
Club Player

linz wrote: Sun 14 Apr 2019 10:16pm Ah coach bashing!!

I've seen that so many times as a Saints member of 48 years.

I have a close friend who barracks for Melbourne.
Whenever the "D's' don't perform, it's always the coach who is at fault. He has blamed Barrassi, Northey, Balme, Huthison, Daniher, Bailey, Neeld, Craig, Roos and now Goodwin for CS
It's never the players or the facilities or the assistants or the board or the recruiters or the philosophy or the culture of the club.

No it's always the coach.

Well, I reckon supporters who always want the coach to be sacked cause the most damage to a football club. Just my observation.
Yep, there are some on here who would like to see the club burn as long as the coach goes. Sacking the coach is indicative of a very soft supporter.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote: Sun 14 Apr 2019 8:39pm however these coach bashers are about as handy as a Vegan Protest on here!!!!!
Did someone say "Vegan Protest"?

Time to get hardline, baby!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

stonecold wrote: Sun 14 Apr 2019 11:43pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sun 14 Apr 2019 9:49pm What about Dudley for head coach? Don't rule it out! 🤫
Another after the event call, typical really!!!!!

Still not a recliner!!!!! ;)
Love your humour!
You're sofa king funny :lol: :mrgreen:

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Ajantis
Club Player

When st.kilda win i normally goto other teams forums and see there comments about there team losing and its the same old story.
Blame the coach and when they start winning its lets keep the coach.
Finger pointing never changes on these forums and we are all passionate about the teams we support.

There is so much going on in the footy club that we dont see.

I am just enjoying these kids getting that winning feeling, it just creates so much confidence for them.

Cheers

portosaint
Club Player

twirlyhair wrote: Mon 15 Apr 2019 12:54am
portosaint wrote: Sun 14 Apr 2019 9:18pm It's all just opinions... Nothing else. I thought that's what a forum was for?

You don't have to agree.

The only people on here forcing their "opinions" down the throats of others, are the ones saying "true supporters" can't possibly object to anything the St Kilda Football Club does. In any way, shape or form.

Vegans.
Hmm there are actually some on here who want the coach out and have stated they want us to lose. True supporters for you?
Opinions on a forum.

Its up to AR and the Football Club to force a change of opinion through consistent good performance. Not some randoms on an internet forum.
He may well be doing that if the team continues on its current path.

Its not up to me to decide if someone is a true supporter.

Crossy66
Club Player

twirlyhair wrote: Mon 15 Apr 2019 12:50am

Well credit where credit is due, at least your self reporting, big step, well done!!!!!
And surely Stoney you’re not on board playing Acres in the ruck at centre bounces over Longer or Pierce?!?
Very likely lose that game if we had of played a ruckman who is just not up to it at the moment. We needed that extra mid.
Interesting question. Pick a ruckman and we sacrifice a little forward pressure.
But play marshall more forward and we pick up a dangerous key forward.
Which is more valuable?
I think marshall going forward more often will help Bruce who flies one against 3.
Not sure we are getting enough from kent and think long, lonie and parker have got it covered.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

If you go to Hawthorn's forums you'll see that they are blaming injuries for their loss, and umpiring decisions!!!!! The irony is 'delicious'.

Do they have any idea at all who we had missing yesterday? And then we lost McKenzie in the first quarter too.

Great win. I am still critical of the forward line structure at the moment, and believe there is plenty of improvement to make there. I'm also critical of selection - but we have a panel who decide that, it isn't just one person - we need another ruckman in - we looked so much better when Marshall was in the forward line in the last quarter, because he, Bruce and Kent were marking the ball inside 50 then. But, any year we beat Essendon and Hawthorn in the same season is A-OK with me. Last time was in 2009!

Glad Paton came in for his first game. Given the short break and Melbourne's long one, there should be four changes. Maybe Hind in next week, Steven and Geary straight back in. Longer to play #1 ruck and leave Marshall up forward and relief ruck duties. That should freshen up the side a bit.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
ace
Saintsational Legend

I seem to remember someone who kept constantly bagging the selection of Hickey last year.
Was he a Vegan, Antivaxxer or even worse, a GetUp!.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

Think Ratten a made a huge differnce and Richo is using his IP very well.. Game plan is clear now

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

I watched the entire vfl game, and at this stage, I would rather play Lonie in the ruck than Longer

guitars4
Club Player

twirlyhair wrote: Mon 15 Apr 2019 12:55am
guitars4 wrote: Sun 14 Apr 2019 9:19pm I think it's pretty obvious that Ratten has had a huge influence on the group . Last year Richo didn't have that luxury . I don't rate Richo as a coach or as an inspirational leader but he is contracted until the end of the year & that's how it is .
You have spoken personally with him?
No I haven't but IMO you don't have to speak to some personally to make an assessment on their ability to perform no matter what their job is. I'm sure you make judgement's on people you haven't actually met. Anyway it's my opinion you don't agree that's fine , it's a free world mate. :wink:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

portosaint wrote: Mon 15 Apr 2019 8:30am
twirlyhair wrote: Mon 15 Apr 2019 12:54am

You don't have to agree.

Vegans.
Opinions on a forum.

Its up to AR and the Football Club to force a change of opinion through consistent good performance. Not some randoms on an internet forum.
He may well be doing that if the team continues on its current path.

Its not up to me to decide if someone is a true supporter.
True supporters would never wish or want the club to lose imho.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

And you would have lost us the game.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Linton Lodger wrote: Mon 15 Apr 2019 12:23pm
And you would have lost us the game.
I'm tipping The Dudley would get outcoached in a game of U/10's footy in the Southern Football League.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

linz wrote: Sun 14 Apr 2019 10:16pm Ah coach bashing!!

I've seen that so many times as a Saints member of 48 years.

I have a close friend who barracks for Melbourne.
Whenever the "D's' don't perform, it's always the coach who is at fault. He has blamed Barrassi, Northey, Balme, Huthison, Daniher, Bailey, Neeld, Craig, Roos and now Goodwin for CS
It's never the players or the facilities or the assistants or the board or the recruiters or the philosophy or the culture of the club.

No it's always the coach.

Well, I reckon supporters who always want the coach to be sacked cause the most damage to a football club. Just my observation.
This should have a thread all of its own.

You encapsulate everything perfectly that is grubby about the haters. The haters just make it so personal and forget objectivity and also just how to take enjoyment from the good things happening at club.

I feel so sorry for the haters atm, they will be feeling terrible becuse the club, coach and players are doing so well and instead of feeling happy for how the club has started they instead are hating even more. How can anyone hate what is happening.

freely
SS Hall of Fame

samuraisaint wrote: Mon 15 Apr 2019 8:38am ... we looked so much better when Marshall was in the forward line in the last quarter, because he, Bruce and Kent were marking the ball inside 50 then...
Yeah - but if he was playing at FF instead of just drifting up there, he'd have a key defender on him and it would all look a bit different.