Barrett, always the saints hater.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Barrett, always the saints hater.

The_President wrote: Sat 20 Apr 2019 4:31pm Damo one of the best in the business. Plain and simple
Dermie reckons Damo is a knob. You gotta agree with that. I do.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

The_President wrote: Sat 20 Apr 2019 4:31pm Damo one of the best in the business. Plain and simple
Yes, if it's drivel you're after, then dimo's your man. "Plain and simple"? Agreed.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Crossy66
Club Player

Anyone hear MMM footy with luke hodge talking to Damo about his sliding doors column? Hodgy made him sound like the inaccurate headline chasing imbecile he is. Priceless

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sat 20 Apr 2019 3:13pm
evertonfc wrote: Sat 20 Apr 2019 2:28pm [
Clearly, Barrett has some issues with our club, but FMD, we've won about 3 games in 8 years...I can live with him asking some pertinent questions when it's clear that literally nobody else in the industry will.
:roll: Each to their own. Me, I think Jabba the hutt (hutchy) is a nasty fat f**k and Barrett is a turd.

But then again, neither of us is going to change our views.
Life is too short to be consumed by that sort of hate. If I were you, and was triggered by their views, I'd avoid them going forward.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Then what an indictment the business is

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote: Sat 20 Apr 2019 2:23pm I actually agree with what Barrett wrote - specifically on the Hannebery issue.

We didn't do a due diligence, we paid him too much, we put him into the leadership group and then removed him.

It's a fair enough call.
Ok so what proof do you have that due diligence wasnt done?

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote: Sat 20 Apr 2019 7:00pm Ok so what proof do you have that due diligence wasnt done?
Eh? Where was the evidence that it was done? That's where the burden of proof clearly sits. That's not even up for dispute.

I get that everyone is very bouyant about the way the team is playing right now but we did make a mistake on DH. I'm still happy to have him on our list, but not on the bizarre terms we took him on.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

The Barometer
Club Player

Any journalist with half a brain could fill a truck load of sliding doors with the saints this year. Parker, Lonie, Bruce, Billings, Marshall... Luke hodge nail it. Knob.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote: Sat 20 Apr 2019 7:37pm
magnifisaint wrote: Sat 20 Apr 2019 7:00pm Ok so what proof do you have that due diligence wasnt done?
Eh? Where was the evidence that it was done? That's where the burden of proof clearly sits. That's not even up for dispute.

I get that everyone is very bouyant about the way the team is playing right now but we did make a mistake on DH. I'm still happy to have him on our list, but not on the bizarre terms we took him on.
What do you want? Medical certificates? Affidavits? Has any team ever had to prove they have done due diligence

If I accused you of being a murderer, is the burden of proof on you?

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
saynta
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote: Sat 20 Apr 2019 5:57pm
saynta wrote: Sat 20 Apr 2019 3:13pm
evertonfc wrote: Sat 20 Apr 2019 2:28pm [
Clearly, Barrett has some issues with our club, but FMD, we've won about 3 games in 8 years...I can live with him asking some pertinent questions when it's clear that literally nobody else in the industry will.
:roll: Each to their own. Me, I think Jabba the hutt (hutchy) is a nasty fat f**k and Barrett is a turd.

But then again, neither of us is going to change our views.
Life is too short to be consumed by that sort of hate. If I were you, and was triggered by their views, I'd avoid them going forward.
I follow my own advice, but thank you all the same.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Sliding Doors this week.
If
The Saints are on top of the ladder
Then
I’ll just mention Hannebery again. Cos that’s all I’ve got.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Saints have said that Hanners had four medicals.

I would believe them over a deadset dropkick like Barrett.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote: Sat 20 Apr 2019 7:37pm

Eh? WTF do we need evidence? The burden of proof sits clearly on the head of the f****** moron that made the claim! If you get your panties in a bunch every time someone questions this idiot, then I suggest that you take your own advice and not read anything that upsets you so much. Surely there is a damian barrett fan forum where you can hang and buy merch. Or did they send you here?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Barrett makes Caroline Wilson seem like a Pulitzer Prize winning sportswriter.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
stkfc1
Club Player

He's just a headline hunter. He's hardly a journalist. He's just a mud flinger who makes a living from a mix of acusations, finger ponting and innuendo and waits to see what sticks. Bottom feeder.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote: Sat 20 Apr 2019 2:28pm
Spinner wrote: Sat 20 Apr 2019 10:39am
thejiggingsaint wrote: Tue 16 Apr 2019 8:29pm I really can't understand how creatures like Hutchisturd and Parrett keep their positions. They have little journalistic integrity.... and an equally dismal shortage of journalistic talent. Christ! I used to think Patrick Smith was a hack, but compared to these two, and Mark Robinslob He's Pulitzer prize worthy!

Probably the post most further from the truth in this whole forum.

Really don't know why? Maybe because they are very good. Hutchy isn't even a journalist these days, rather a media business owner.

Oh but this stems from something they wrote that you didn't like? Makes sense.
What Hutchison has crafted is unbelievable. I don't like his overly robust style at times, but my goodness, what he's done with Crocmedia is mindblowing.

Re: Barrett. I don't like him too much either, but I read everything he writes and take notes on everything he says. Why? Because clubs talk to him. He has regular blues with coaches - Luke Beverage being the famous one - but that's because he stands his ground.

I dunno...I reckon AFL media is soft as butter and here's somebody who is prepared to call stuff out. He was bang on with the Hannebery story; I'm not sure why we are defending it.

And as always, if you don't like his stuff, why would you read his column or download his podcast?! FWIW, Sounding Board is the best AFL industry pod by a mile.
Okay thanks Damien. And we've won 3 games in 8 years??? :roll:

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Looks like this idiot was placed back in his box. So much for being ‘the best in the business’
https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/afl-2 ... 8913ebda48

Crossy66
Club Player

magnifisaint wrote: Sun 21 Apr 2019 9:15am Looks like this idiot was placed back in his box. So much for being ‘the best in the business’
https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/afl-2 ... 8913ebda48
I listened to it live yesterday and it was as good a slap down as any with very little push back from Barrett. When he did he was put back in his place.
His sliding doors article was an attack on Hodgy's character and based on zero facts.
At the end of the day, Barrett gets paid to attract eyeballs, accuracy has nothing to do with, its about selling advertising space. He used innuendo to hide lack of facts and legal proceedings. Its the people that read it as fact that makes me shake my head. Bit like the Truth newspaper ( back in the day!)

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Sunday footy show should be interesting with Richo and and Barrett a panelist.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Can't stand Barret and the majority of footy followers are the same but he doesn't deserve this much air time on a great forum. The dude is a liar, thief and mischievous twat.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sat 20 Apr 2019 8:38pm Saints have said that Hanners had four medicals.

Is it not worrying that with four medicals we still couldn’t figure out how buggered his body is?

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sun 21 Apr 2019 9:37am Can't stand Barret and the majority of footy followers are the same but he doesn't deserve this much air time on a great forum. The dude is a liar, thief and mischievous twat.
You are accusing a journalist of being a thief?
What proof do you have if this?

Unless you have proof this claim is libelous and for the good of the site I suggest you remove it.

And you state the majority of footy followers, where do you gather this data? Big Footballer?

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
saint-stu
Club Player

1ac46a38
Crossy66
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Sun 21 Apr 2019 9:55am
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sun 21 Apr 2019 9:37am Can't stand Barret and the majority of footy followers are the same but he doesn't deserve this much air time on a great forum. The dude is a liar, thief and mischievous twat.
You are accusing a journalist of being a thief?
What proof do you have if this?

Unless you have proof this claim is libelous and for the good of the site I suggest you remove it.

And you state the majority of footy followers, where do you gather this data? Big Footballer?
What came out of the Hodge interview:
Barrett suggested Hodges' mid game interviews were paid media gigs as part of a contract with channel 7- proven to be an inaccurate lie
Barrett stated Hodge wouldn't have gotten away with at Hawthorn - proven to be inaccurate - as Hodge said, he wore a microphone for a whole game with the hawks because he was told to.
Barrett stated that it was all about Hodge - As hodge said, in a non AFL state, the club and AFL HQ do whatever they possibly can to get media exposure to promote the game.
So if telling untruths about a player of Luke Hodges standing, to benefit your own cause i.e. trying to stay relevant in the media, then you should expect to wear tags like liar and mischievous.
Dont know about the thief part, but that wouldnt surprise me.
Not sure why anyone would defend parasites like Barrett, they prey on causing grief for others.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sun 21 Apr 2019 9:48am
saynta wrote: Sat 20 Apr 2019 8:38pm Saints have said that Hanners had four medicals.

Is it not worrying that with four medicals we still couldn’t figure out how buggered his body is?

Don’t find it worrying at all as he will be good to go after some slight hiccups

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL