If you want to to point the finger...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

twirlyhair
Club Player

If you want to to point the finger...

Then how about pointing the finger at:

Billings: Does he really care? Two very poor weeks.
Acres: La La Land
Gresham: See above and above.
Savage: Where was he?
Webster: No influence.
Membrey: Looks tough. Wasn't/Isn't
Ross: Really can't see him in the team beyond 2020.
Bruce: I let him off here. he always works hard, but clearly not right physically at the moment.

All senior/experienced players now. Players at this should never need a coach to get them up and going. These guys are in fact putting in coach killing performances.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Re: If you want to to point the finger...

twirlyhair wrote: Sun 05 May 2019 10:40am Then how about pointing the finger at:

Bruce: I let him off here. he always works hard, but clearly not right physically at the moment.

All senior/experienced players now. Players at this should never need a coach to get them up and going. These guys are in fact putting in coach killing performances.
C’mon Ted. Webster. Really? He missed a quarter and a bit with a wrist injury sustained when he backed into an on coming J Cameron train. I note he’ll now miss some weeks as a result of that injury.

I’d struggle to have an impact at league level with two hands, let alone one.

Go you red, black & white warriors
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

You’ll have Ted on your case if you're not careful.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Sun 05 May 2019 10:53am You’ll have Ted on your case if you're not careful.
like being whacked with an osterich plume.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Hard to shine in the current environment.

Players being played out of position or trying to stick to a rubbish gameplan.

Many of those listed would be thriving at other clubs.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
freely
SS Hall of Fame

Richo's rubbish gameplan or Rattan's rubbish gameplan?

twirlyhair
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Sun 05 May 2019 11:40am Hard to shine in the current environment.

So when Ross streams out of the middle, puts eyes to the ground, doesn't look, then clearly that has been instructed by the coach? You funny. These guys are responsible for the ball movement. Ratten was bought in to fix it. Hows he going?

twirlyhair
Club Player

twirlyhair wrote: Sun 05 May 2019 12:04pm
The_Dud wrote: Sun 05 May 2019 11:40am Hard to shine in the current environment.

So when Ross streams out of the middle, puts eyes to the ground, doesn't look, then clearly he has been instructed by the coach? You funny. These guys are responsible for the ball movement. Ratten was bought in to fix it. Hows he going?

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

quoting your own posts ????

twirlyhair
Club Player

The Fireman wrote: Sun 05 May 2019 12:08pm quoting your own posts ????
Yep. My posts are that good.
Seriously though, my big fat fingers just don't cut it that well on my itsy bitsy phone keypad.
Last edited by twirlyhair on Sun 05 May 2019 12:51pm, edited 1 time in total.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

freely wrote: Sun 05 May 2019 11:42am Richo's rubbish gameplan or Rattan's rubbish gameplan?

Exactly.
Richo did okay on his own in 2016 and 2017 (before the injury curse)... when we were winning half our games.

The players need to take responsibility for their own performances and start pointing the finger at themselves ... take a leaf out of Steele's book (who actually credited the coach for his consistency).

twirlyhair
Club Player

samoht wrote: Sun 05 May 2019 12:47pm
freely wrote: Sun 05 May 2019 11:42am Richo's rubbish gameplan or Rattan's rubbish gameplan?

Exactly.
Richo did okay on his own in 2016 and 2017 (before the injury curse)... when we were winning half our games.

The players need to take responsibility for their own performances and start pointing the finger at themselves ... take a leaf out of Steele's book (who actually credited the coach for his consistency).
Good post. Inconsistency from too many key players over the last two weeks. Not from Steel though. One our most consistent for sure. Continues to highlight the weaknesses in our list.

ListManager
Club Player

twirlyhair wrote: Sun 05 May 2019 10:40am Then how about pointing the finger at:

You should be banned for a week for bringing this forum into disrepute. We were beaten by one of the 3 best teams in the league.

NeXus Nick is back but where is Joffaboy????
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Ross will most probably be our next captain and Webster broke his hand in the first quarter but still played out the game, Savage had a fair game,

saynta
Saintsational Legend

I think Steele should be let loose to find his own ball and the club shoukd find another tagger,

The guy is awesome.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Here we go. Same old theme from the management.

It's the employees fault again. The CEO and the head coach are doing a fine job

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

twirlyhair wrote: Sun 05 May 2019 12:04pm

So when Ross streams out of the middle, puts eyes to the ground, doesn't look, then clearly that has been instructed by the coach? You funny. These guys are responsible for the ball movement. Ratten was bought in to fix it. Hows he going?
Players aren’t going to play their best or with the most confidence if it’s within a crap gameplan. As it’s the same crap we’ve seen for the last 2 years I’ll put most of that on Cho.

How many times did we actually hit up a leading forward yesterday? I’d say you could count it on one hand. So many times just bombing long on top of the heads of the forwards. And at times those were to the likes of Gresh or Kent one on one.

Especially with the new 6-6-6 rules it’s not hard creating space in the forward 50 if you want, GWS certainly didn’t find it difficult!

If bombing long down the line, and bombing long inside 50 are not part of the gameplan, then why do we see it over and over again week after week, year after year?

Cho needs to either communicate the gameplan (if it’s not the above) to the players more clearly, or develop a gameplan that works with the cattle we’ve got!

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Oh and I forgot to say, if the problem is the cattle and not the game plan, guess who’s had 5+ years to build and develop the list he wants!

twirlyhair
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Sun 05 May 2019 2:50pm

Here we go. Same old theme from the management.

It's the employees fault again. The CEO and the head coach are doing a fine job
Meh, All are responsible. Kisses.

twirlyhair
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Sun 05 May 2019 4:09pm Oh and I forgot to say, if the problem is the cattle and not the game plan, guess who’s had 5+ years to build and develop the list he wants!
Yep, we don't have the list, and you can blame some all the way back to Ross Lyon for that. Meanwhile GWS are gifted teh cream of the crop. I think with the B grade team we have, and with the players out of the team, and with some pretty poor performances by some of our players, there are a multitude of reasons. So how many wins does he need to avoid the chop you reckon?

twirlyhair
Club Player

twirlyhair wrote: Sun 05 May 2019 4:20pm
The_Dud wrote: Sun 05 May 2019 4:09pm Oh and I forgot to say, if the problem is the cattle and not the game plan, guess who’s had 5+ years to build and develop the list he wants!
Yep, we don't have the list, and you can blame some all the way back to Ross Lyon for that. Meanwhile GWS are gifted the cream of the crop. I think with the B grade team we have, and with the players out of the team, and with some pretty poor performances by some of our players, there are a multitude of reasons. So how many wins does he need to avoid the chop you reckon?

twirlyhair
Club Player

ListManager wrote: Sun 05 May 2019 12:59pm

You should be banned for a week for bringing this forum into disrepute. We were beaten by one of the 3 best teams in the league.
Ohh that hurts! But yes, our list is B grade at best, and we were up against the cream of the crop. GWS have been gifted with an unbelievable list. I certainly didn't expect them to win yesterday, but there was certainly some players coasting.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Yep, we don't have the list, and you can blame some all the way back to Ross Lyon for that. Meanwhile GWS are gifted teh cream of the crop. I think with the B grade team we have, and with the players out of the team, and with some pretty poor performances by some of our players, there are a multitude of reasons. So how many wins does he need to avoid the chop you reckon?
Finals.

Especially after starting the season 4-1 and having one of the easiest draws in the league.

twirlyhair
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Sun 05 May 2019 5:12pm
Finals.

Especially after starting the season 4-1 and having one of the easiest draws in the league.
Yey. We agree! If we don't make finals I think he will be moved on. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Ratten is also on the agenda at Carlton. Sumich is highly rated. How would you like him?

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

clueless