Saints 5-5 and in equal 7th

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Annoyedsaint
Club Player

Re: Saints 5-5 and in equal 7th

Some sense Fireman. I like it.

I’ll be the first to be upbeat when I think we are getting better. We used to give s*** to Richmond either their 5 year plans and all that nonsense. We are doing the same thing and currently getting nowhere other than filtering up and down between 9th and 16th. That is not an achievement in my books.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

We are 5-5. Pretty good IMO given the injury list and 2018 season disaster.

No one is going nuts or thinking we will win the GF. Geez the haters are melodramatic like a Bollywood drama. Get a grip monseigneurs! Get a damn grip!

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Annoyedsaint wrote: Sun 26 May 2019 9:35pm Some sense Fireman. I like it.

I’ll be the first to be upbeat when I think we are getting better. We used to give s*** to Richmond either their 5 year plans and all that nonsense. We are doing the same thing and currently getting nowhere other than filtering up and down between 9th and 16th. That is not an achievement in my books.
mate I find myself responding to some idiot trolls on here..and feel a bit embarrassed for doing so.....but yes , the same as you , when I think we are on the right track I'll be one of the first to show some positive cheer.

In the meantime this forum is cluttered with trolling morons :(

King12
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Sun 26 May 2019 9:12pm I love how 11th on the ladder is seen as success for some people! :lol:

I love how it's not, given the circumstances 😉😘😂

twirlyhair
Club Player

Annoyedsaint wrote: Sun 26 May 2019 9:13pm
HighettMan wrote: Sun 26 May 2019 9:09pm
Annoyedsaint wrote: Sun 26 May 2019 8:53pm I’m calling you Richard from now on.

We are miles off it.
We’ve won one (yes, one) game well, with Essendon game another where we deserved to win. Other than that, could be two wins and second last.
The whole vibe stinks. You’re celebrating like we’ve won a flag.
Not celebrating like we won a flag. What a sooky thing to say.

You put a few of our best 22 in the teams that lost to freo and the crows and we are 7 wins. At least have a clue.
Guess what. Mcartin never in best 22.
Robertson won’t play again either.
Geary is serviceable at best. Gives his all but is limited with poor skills. Lonie has had a handful of good games in 4 years, Carlisle is the only A grader.
Hannebery is shot and isn’t going to influence anymore.

Not sure where this delusion of putting 1 player into the side will improve us greatly. Might mean Battle can go forward, personally he’s been bloody good down back and should stay there.
hehe grasping at straws there bro!

Josh Battle
Club Player

kosifantutti wrote: Sun 26 May 2019 8:56pm No such thing as equal 7th. But I’m happy with 5-5 given our injury list.
Agree. We are now 11th at the end of the round.

I predict we will be 'equal' non finalists at the end of the year.

Always happy to see the boys win. Doesn't matter who we are playing

guitars4
Club Player

I can see a small amount of improvement considering our injury list but we still keep doing the same thing week in week out bomb long to a pack hoping for contested mark or a crumbing forward to capitalize on the drop of the ball.Unfortunately we only have Bruce who can occasionally take a decent pack mark but our small forwards don't seem to capitalize when the ball hit's the deck & the ball comes out way too easily & we get burnt the other way.Today didn't really matter because Carlton were worse than us but against quality opposition it can't work & hasn't for at least 5 years so why do we continue to do it :?

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

King12 wrote: Sun 26 May 2019 9:52pm
The_Dud wrote: Sun 26 May 2019 9:12pm I love how 11th on the ladder is seen as success for some people! :lol:

Hey Stoney, what did you think of Longer’s performance in the 2s? He single handedly turned the game for the Zebs... when he left the game with concussion! :lol:

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Annoyedsaint
Club Player

The Fireman wrote: Sun 26 May 2019 9:50pm
Annoyedsaint wrote: Sun 26 May 2019 9:35pm Some sense Fireman. I like it.

mate I find myself responding to some idiot trolls on here..and feel a bit embarrassed for doing so.....but yes , the same as you , when I think we are on the right track I'll be one of the first to show some positive cheer.

In the meantime this forum is cluttered with trolling morons :(
I knew when we got Dal Santo, Goddard, etc. we were on a good path at least to give ourselves a shot.
The current midfielders don’t compare or have the upside they did at 19,20,21 years old, whether they are injured or not.

The thing is, I’m not sure the people in fairy land are trolling, they actually believe things are rosy and pretty.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Seems a few forumites are a little salty as we have already passed their 4 win season prediction by Round 10

Dare I say we are still right in the mix for the 8 given our likely easier 2nd half draw and that we should get a few players back

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

What happened to counting the JLT wins, Teddy boy? We are 7-5 now.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

guitars4 wrote: Sun 26 May 2019 10:20pm I can see a small amount of improvement considering our injury list but we still keep doing the same thing week in week out bomb long to a pack hoping for contested mark or a crumbing forward to capitalize on the drop of the ball.Unfortunately we only have Bruce who can occasionally take a decent pack mark but our small forwards don't seem to capitalize when the ball hit's the deck & the ball comes out way too easily & we get burnt the other way.Today didn't really matter because Carlton were worse than us but against quality opposition it can't work & hasn't for at least 5 years so why do we continue to do it :?

Yep. We aren’t going to win many games with nine goals. The forward lIne is a major concern.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Prospective coaches should be licking their lips; you can build around Marshall, Battle, Membrey, probably King, Wilkie, Marsh, Gresham, Acres, Ross, Duncan, Carslisle, Steele, Billings and Paton with several others not far off being better than good. We just need someone to harness that talent. And you start from an easy act to follow. In terms of structure, you could look like a comparative genius by just having one forward in the attacking 50 arc in case of a breakaway. The future looks bright-ish. Wait till we recruit a Chinese guy - TV rights will explode, but possibly not memberships.

King12
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Sun 26 May 2019 10:26pm

Not sure who stone is? Just another of your fantasies maybe?

Hey Stoney, what did you think of Longer’s performance in the 2s? He single handedly turned the game for the Zebs... when he left the game with concussion! :lol:

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Sun 26 May 2019 9:30pm
magnifisaint wrote: Sun 26 May 2019 9:23pm I honestly don’t get it with all the whining and whinging on here. Really sick of it. Some are never satisfied with a win. Yeah it wasn’t great but I will always take that over a loss.
I guess it's more about other things than just this win. We are terrible..and we are trying to find out why.
but by all means if you want to languish in the short term buzz of a win against a pathetic opposition ..knock yourself out.
We are in trouble and for some time to come.
Sack this coach and let's move on.
1. Huge injury/illness list
2. Super young / inexperienced list
3. 5 wins already by round 10 already ..... more than last year already …. with a …… see points 1 & 2
4. Competitive in games all year …… with a ..... see points 1 & 2
5. Salary Cap room to fill
6. Still settling in at Moorabbin

On todays game - the Blues have been super competitive (except against North and GWS) in all of their other games this year - touted to have one of the best up and coming mid field units in the game and coming off an embarrassing loss today's game was never going to be easy - as predicted the Blues came out fired up and we absorbed their efforts and still won with one leg in the air ........ with a huge injury /illness list and a young inexperienced team comparable to theirs

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

We won ugly today and many of the same issues remain....BUT.....definitely room for optimism.

Plenty of good young footvallers on our list and some very good ones to come back in.

I actually think we pushed Collingwood and WCE and should have beaten Freo.

We are not that far away.

It's OK to enjoy a win even if it was unconvincing....Carlton nearly beat the Pies 2 weeks ago.....they are better than 1 and 9.

Nee!
King12
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Sun 26 May 2019 10:26pm

I'll pass your thoughts on to the BigFella! 😂

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Strong positive posts in this thread. Like.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

equal 7th?
no, equal 11th

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Sun 26 May 2019 11:21pm equal 7th?
no, equal 11th
Not according to pgatour.com 8-)

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Some of the comments on here lead me to believe the posters have been on a week-long wake with Shorten and co. Can't accept the fact that a StKilda win is better than a StKilda loss and means they have to pull on the handbrake a bit when mouthing off about wanting the coach / captain / CEO / (insert position title here) sacked. And if somebody disagrees with their turgid opinions, brand them a "denier" (a Shorten favourite).

Facts are, whether you win by 1 point or 100 points you only get 4 premiership points. Savour every one of them if you are a true Saints supporter.

Saint supporter since '62
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Trev from the Bush wrote: Sun 26 May 2019 11:27pm Some of the comments on here lead me to believe the posters have been on a week-long wake with Shorten and co. Can't accept the fact that a StKilda win is better than a StKilda loss and means they have to pull on the handbrake a bit when mouthing off about wanting the coach / captain / CEO / (insert position title here) sacked. And if somebody disagrees with their turgid opinions, brand them a "denier" (a Shorten favourite).

Facts are, whether you win by 1 point or 100 points you only get 4 premiership points. Savour every one of them if you are a true Saints supporter.
Well said Trev, well said mate.

Total = 1.
Annoyedsaint
Club Player

Trev from the Bush wrote: Sun 26 May 2019 11:27pm Some of the comments on here lead me to believe the posters have been on a week-long wake with Shorten and co. Can't accept the fact that a StKilda win is better than a StKilda loss and means they have to pull on the handbrake a bit when mouthing off about wanting the coach / captain / CEO / (insert position title here) sacked. And if somebody disagrees with their turgid opinions, brand them a "denier" (a Shorten favourite).

Clever lol, but I voted Liberal. Fancy trying to put a tax on something you can’t put a final figure on!! Rightfully knocked on the head.
I digress.......

But I still remain confident we’ll be better with with another coach, better with anyone other than Finnis (someone who concentrates on football). Geary very unlikely to be captain anywhere else.

A win against the bottom side isn’t going to sway that.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

1. we still stink in front of goal
2. Bruce has played one decent game, against Bombers. Avg Disp 10.9, Marks 3.9, goals 1.3. Not good enough for a KPF
3. Skunk can only clunk marks against rubbish teams, such as Demons and Blues; and when he is in range with a set shot...close your eyes
4. we can get into our F50 dozens of times, but it's scattergun approach, which only gets us a handful of goals

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Trev from the Bush wrote: Sun 26 May 2019 11:27pm
Incredibly short sighted.

Like I said earlier, some supporters are satisfied with scraping passed the bottom team.

And some supporters are satisfied with premierships.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.