Grow a pair Richo!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Special
Club Player

Grow a pair Richo!

I’ve had a gutful of this so called coach of ours sticking with rubbish players and giving so many chances.

Most coaches ring changes and don’t back crap.

After rubbish like that there should be around 6 changes. But we all know Mr Conservative will make the bare minimum

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Re: Grow a pair Richo!

Newnes - out
Sinclair- out, why was he signed up again, he'll never be more than a fringe player
Bruce- out, back to Zebs for 3 weeks till he works out how to actually behave like a forward

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Don't be fooled if there are five or six changes next time we play

He'll probably drop Darragh, Nick, Robbie, or Matty, or maybe Ben Long or maybe Ed. Plus Gears and 1 or 2 others won't come up due to injuries.

Easy decisions for him. The hard decisions would be to drop 3-4 of his senior players or even harder would be to just make some radical changes that actually confuse our opponents.

I can't understand for the life of me why he sticks to the same old gameplan and the same blokes in the same positions when the results in the last 3-4 years point to drastic changes needed. What do they say about the definition of insanity?

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sun 02 Jun 2019 10:23pm Don't be fooled if there are five or six changes next time we play

He'll probably drop Darragh, Nick, Robbie, or Matty, or maybe Ben Long or maybe Ed. Plus Gears and 1 or 2 others won't come up due to injuries.

Easy decisions for him. The hard decisions would be to drop 3-4 of his senior players or even harder would be to just make some radical changes that actually confuse our opponents.

I can't understand for the life of me why he sticks to the same old gameplan and the same blokes in the same positions when the results in the last 3-4 years point to drastic changes needed. What do they say about the definition of insanity?
Never, ever been fooled by the likes of these managerialist hacks, Scollop, nor will I ever be.

And, you're right - the sacrifices at the alter of incompetence won't be who it should be (i.e. those who have sufficient 'hand' to influence short term direction), but those who have little chance to 'influence' who and what counts.

The much celebrated AFL HO management contingent, shouldn't be, by an sentient being.

They're rubbish, and treat us as if we are the same.

We do not as a collective have to swallow this endless corporatist nonsense.

Personally, I've become very appreciative of the work of Doctor Lissa Johnson, of late. Clinical psychologist, Lissa, and genuinely smart as a whip, and able to enunciate what it is she and her ilk are on about.

To quote Doc Lissa from a recent submission she made, on a seemingly different subject entirely (which it isn't, but who am I to argue);

"What mindset confers propaganda resistance at all levels? What psychological quality fosters accuracy-oriented perception, driving media consumers to reject the repeated pairings, and dig beneath the shallow narrative to find the real story? Who is undeterred by authority figures trying to scare them off from RT and other “Russian disinformation” (ie dissenting) voices on the internet “battlefield”?

According to psychological research, it is those who are curious.

A group of researchers has found that “science curiosity”, or the desire to seek out evidence and understanding, works against biased political information processing such as propaganda. In their research the authors found that curious individuals enjoy being surprised, and therefore “expos[e]themselves more readily to information that defies their expectations… react[ing]more open-mindedly… across the political spectrum to the best available evidence.”

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

interesting you raise Lissa Johnson and her work TOT
I was rather taken aback last week by a poster talking about "supposed supporters who hate winning" when discussing coming away being unsatisfied / unconvinced about beating Carlton
the role of narrative and smear to marginalise and alienate from "the group" and add gloss to a reinforced meme rather than facts based evaluation

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

HardSaint wrote: Mon 03 Jun 2019 12:22am interesting you raise Lissa Johnson and her work TOT
I was rather taken aback last week by a poster talking about "supposed supporters who hate winning" when discussing coming away being unsatisfied / unconvinced about beating Carlton
the role of narrative and smear to marginalise and alienate from "the group" and add gloss to a reinforced meme rather than facts based evaluation
If you haven't seen her recent work, HARD!! (sorry, a touch of the Tom Gleeson's), on the emblematic tale of our times, I recommend going to New Matilda and reading her 5 parter on how a 47 year old non-violent Australian has become the major receptacle for endless amounts of bile that spew out of a dying empire.

The best proponents of clinical psychology do have their ways of explaining what it is that ails us. But, they need to be 'the best', and not just self absorbed boosters.

She is. And, we as a football supporting collective would be well served by at least considering what the likes of Doc Lissa have to say, rather than mindlessly kowtowing to the propagandists at AFL HQ.

I'm sorta 'over'' mindless 'narratives', in case ya couldn't tell - and, that means ALL mindless narratives.

Bar 'Masha and the Bear', of course.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
saynta
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Sun 02 Jun 2019 10:15pm Newnes - out
Sinclair- out, why was he signed up again, he'll never be more than a fringe player
Bruce- out, back to Zebs for 3 weeks till he works out how to actually behave like a forward
From AFL com

BEST
St Kilda: Marshall, Ross, NEWNES.
Port Adelaide: Boak, R.Gray, Howard, Lycett, Jonas, Amon, Houston