Where’s the “I told you so” crowd now?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

HighettMan
Club Player

Re: Where’s the “I told you so” crowd now?

skeptic wrote: Sat 22 Jun 2019 10:15pm
kosifantutti wrote: Sat 22 Jun 2019 8:35pm Congratulations to all those who wanted us to lose.
I’m glad someone enjoyed the day.
I don’t think you’re looking at this correctly.

It’s more like...
Imagine a player who has been in the team for ages.
We keep being told how great he will be but he is regularly beaten in his position
Then we’re told after a big off-season that this is it... he’s had his best off-season ever, he’s done extra training, a number of players have been recruited around him so that he can play to his strengths, he’s looking the best he’s ever looked, the previous 5 years have been him building and we’re going to see that all along he was the right player all along.

And of course, this player comes out and does the exact same things he’s done for 5 years...

In this case it’s play one ruck, thrown Acres in their for back up, played our best defender up forward following a long lay off, and gotten the slowest midfielder brigade we have with the added benefit of their average disposal in Armo, Dunstan, Hannebery, Ross, and Newnes and thrown them together in a move that’s symbolic of his inability to identify what clearly doesn’t work.

I think after the last 18 months, many supporters like myself are merely fed up of being told we’re stupid, disloyal and repetitive when in fact the reality is that we saw/see the truth r got their substantially ahead of many others.
And a new coat of paint a some thrilling wins over the league minnows isn’t indicative of the change we were promised that we knew the club in its current set up isn’t capable of delivering.

And before we say, who could have done better with the list... this is Richo’s list that he helped nurture and develop. The one that has seen him fail to trade in required players, that played Hickey and Weller to death then got rid of them... Newnes seems next on that list, that put his eggs on the Longer train when most knew it was ridiculous, that hasn’t found a way to play 2 rucks in a team in 5 years, that plays too many small forwards, too many slow mids, doesn’t have enough defenders, plays injured players etc etc

I’ve been hounded and stalked relentlessly for being repetitive in the content of my posts yet those same posters don’t apply that standard to Richo for making those same mistakes again and again year in and year out. The truth is the problem with our club is apathy...
We’ve simply come to accept it... and now we have drop kicks on here saying that whilst they don’t rate the coach we’re wrong to criticise him... that everything is ok, we’ve got big plans for the off-season, that we’re building something special

Give me a break
I reckon he has nailed it. I didn't see any rebuttal in that version of war and peace.

Have the courage to call out r ACE ism
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote: Sat 22 Jun 2019 10:39pm
guitars4 wrote:
kosifantutti wrote: Sat 22 Jun 2019 8:35pm Congratulations to all those who wanted us to lose.
Kosi you are one of the posters I respect the most but even you would have to say that was ordinary
Ordinary doesn’t begin to describe it. We were pathetic. As we were in the first two and a half quarters last week. And the whole game against Port.

But too many on here can’t wait for us to lose so they can jump on and tell others they were wrong. And that everything the club does is wrong.

Quite a few have gone the other way and won’t acknowledge any errors by the club.

There’s a lot of room in the middle for those who know we f*** things up but still want us to win every time we go out there.
To be fair Kosi, it is more about those that know it's broken rather than those who hope it isn't. I'm quite sure we all wish it wasn't.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

HighettMan wrote: Sat 22 Jun 2019 10:45pm
skeptic wrote: Sat 22 Jun 2019 10:15pm
I don’t think you’re looking at this correctly.

It’s more like...
Imagine a player who has been in the team for ages.
We keep being told how great he will be but he is regularly beaten in his position
Then we’re told after a big off-season that this is it... he’s had his best off-season ever, he’s done extra training, a number of players have been recruited around him so that he can play to his strengths, he’s looking the best he’s ever looked, the previous 5 years have been him building and we’re going to see that all along he was the right player all along.

And of course, this player comes out and does the exact same things he’s done for 5 years...

In this case it’s play one ruck, thrown Acres in their for back up, played our best defender up forward following a long lay off, and gotten the slowest midfielder brigade we have with the added benefit of their average disposal in Armo, Dunstan, Hannebery, Ross, and Newnes and thrown them together in a move that’s symbolic of his inability to identify what clearly doesn’t work.

I think after the last 18 months, many supporters like myself are merely fed up of being told we’re stupid, disloyal and repetitive when in fact the reality is that we saw/see the truth r got their substantially ahead of many others.
And a new coat of paint a some thrilling wins over the league minnows isn’t indicative of the change we were promised that we knew the club in its current set up isn’t capable of delivering.

And before we say, who could have done better with the list... this is Richo’s list that he helped nurture and develop. The one that has seen him fail to trade in required players, that played Hickey and Weller to death then got rid of them... Newnes seems next on that list, that put his eggs on the Longer train when most knew it was ridiculous, that hasn’t found a way to play 2 rucks in a team in 5 years, that plays too many small forwards, too many slow mids, doesn’t have enough defenders, plays injured players etc etc

I’ve been hounded and stalked relentlessly for being repetitive in the content of my posts yet those same posters don’t apply that standard to Richo for making those same mistakes again and again year in and year out. The truth is the problem with our club is apathy...
We’ve simply come to accept it... and now we have drop kicks on here saying that whilst they don’t rate the coach we’re wrong to criticise him... that everything is ok, we’ve got big plans for the off-season, that we’re building something special

Give me a break
I reckon he has nailed it. I didn't see any rebuttal in that version of war and peace.
Like a moth to fire...
I am surprised though, thought you’d hide for the week.

Don’t be intimidated by the word count

ss1986
Club Player

guitars4 wrote:
Kosi you are one of the posters I respect the most but even you would have to say that was ordinary
Ordinary doesn’t begin to describe it. We were pathetic. As we were in the first two and a half quarters last week. And the whole game against Port.

But too many on here can’t wait for us to lose so they can jump on and tell others they were wrong. And that everything the club does is wrong.

Quite a few have gone the other way and won’t acknowledge any errors by the club.

There’s a lot of room in the middle for those who know we f*** things up but still want us to win every time we go out there.
Kosi - I respect your pov. The last para is slightly inaccurate though. I (yes, anti-Cho), firmly believe that sacrificing a few wins now for future benefit is the best thing that will happen to this club....
to attain more and more wins, which is what we ALL yearn for... and that bastard cup that has eluded us for 53 years.

HighettMan
Club Player

Of course it was ordinary but don't carry on like a 5 year old.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

carrying on would be to throw insults around aimlessly at each other
Last edited by skeptic on Sat 22 Jun 2019 10:57pm, edited 1 time in total.

ss1986
Club Player

HighettMan wrote: Sat 22 Jun 2019 10:54pm Of course it was ordinary but don't carry on like a 5 year old.
Didnt you post numerous things last week after the crap win, entitled “Awkward” with a s*** smiley?

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

ss1986 wrote: Sat 22 Jun 2019 10:57pm
HighettMan wrote: Sat 22 Jun 2019 10:54pm Of course it was ordinary but don't carry on like a 5 year old.
Didnt you post numerous things last week after the crap win, entitled “Awkward” with a s*** smiley?
It’s ok SS1986...
We chose a flexible team today

ss1986
Club Player

skeptic wrote: Sat 22 Jun 2019 10:58pm
It’s ok SS1986...
Per Richo’s “coach’s message” - “we’ll learn from it and strongly challenge the group in the next two training sessions”.

F me. Someone make this end. For the love of god.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Who could possibly have enjoyed that. BNE put the cue in the rack and we still looked awful. The last quarter was them being merciful. There were times where there was no structure and disarray by the players. I found that alarming and distressing - what was happening. Dmac has ability, but when you get 3 kicked on you in a quarter any coach not frozen by panic would have made the switch. This guy is not up to it and its cruel to make him keep proving it. We have the makings of a good team but AR is destroying them with what passes for coaching at Moorabbin at the moment. He will take Sexton with him. I expect resignations this week.

To the top
SS Life Member

Where my annoyance is is that we were comprehensively outplayed from the very first bounce.

We were lucky to be close at quarter time and by half time a thrashing was on the radar.

To suggest it was the third quarter is an abject nonsense.

And indicative of the problem at St Kilda.

Also confirmed by Geary being Captain and an automatic selection, Longer preferred over Hickey with Hickey leaving for West Coast (the Premier Club incidentally)

Plus plenty of other selection decisions including the usage of players.

Including the de-listing Freeman (regardless of if he played AFL this season, his commitment and endeavor was a requirement at the Club and, indeed, a necessity by way of example. The response of the playing group to Freeman being named for his first AFL game was telling and represented the cement which binds).

Also a problem is Ross being named best yesterday - because he is the problem along with some others.

The only players I would be looking to retain are Hannebery (including because of his experience), Gresham, Billings, Acres, Clark, Dunstan, Battle, Carlisle and Marshall.

Plus Steele, Steven, Roberton and Mc Cartin along with the as yet basically untested young players.

That we went out and sought players from the State Leagues was indicative of the problem with the demographics of our List and the depth of our List

We have to attract some elite talent under Free Agency - there is just no option

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Put simply,The Choach has to go !!

<1 week ban for using a banned term>

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote: Sun 23 Jun 2019 7:44pm Put simply,The Choach has to go !!
I saw what you did there thrill seeker ;)

how about ...how to make a CHOwder......with a spud :)

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

You fool. That wasn’t childish superiority. That was demonstrating True Believer-ness.

HighettMan
Club Player

st.byron wrote: Sun 23 Jun 2019 9:20pm
You fool. That wasn’t childish superiority. That was demonstrating True Believer-ness.
Attempting to give credibility to false claims and justifying trashing someones character by claiming you have an ITK from the safety of an anonymous social media account is not only chilidish its gutless.

GUTLESS AND WEAK!

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

ss1986 wrote: Sat 22 Jun 2019 11:02pm
skeptic wrote: Sat 22 Jun 2019 10:58pm
It’s ok SS1986...
Per Richo’s “coach’s message” - “we’ll learn from it and strongly challenge the group in the next two training sessions”.

F me. Someone make this end. For the love of god.
Strongly challenge. God almighty he’s such a bullsh1t artist of a dribbler. Just make him stop. FFS

Go you red, black & white warriors
takeaway
Club Player

Ah, the Catherines. Very entertaining.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

guitars4 wrote:

Well said Colleague!!!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
HighettMan
Club Player

thejiggingsaint wrote: Mon 24 Jun 2019 9:27am
guitars4 wrote:

Well said Colleague!!!
I second that motion.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Yep, well said.

The club is not perfect and makes plenty of stuff ups but I still support them and want a win every round. You just have to hope they get things right most of the time and it will happen.

But to the point of this - to come on here to brag or have a go at posters after hoping and wishing for a Saints loss is truly pathetic and sad. I genuinely feel sorry for these people that they are so weak and pathetic.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

HighettMan wrote: Mon 24 Jun 2019 9:40am
thejiggingsaint wrote: Mon 24 Jun 2019 9:27am
guitars4 wrote:

Well said Colleague!!!
I second that motion.
CARRIED!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Saturday was dreadful...... but we have the chance to redeem ourselves against Richmond. I don't really want to involve myself in any "I-told-you-so" online feuds, I just enjoy going to the footy and meeting up at The Garden Gate Bar with my Saints pal Tom for a pre game drink and chat. I respect the fact that others may not take the somewhat simplistic view of "Sainthood" that I hold, thats ok! I'm now 74 and way too long in the tooth to waste time arguing with fellow Sainters on this forum. I accept and have come to terms with the sad fact that I wont live to see another Saints premiership. Aint gonna happen, (boo=phuckin-hoo) so what am I going to do? give the club away? NOT A CHANCE!!!! I'll be there this week, don't you worry about THAT! Ready to risk heartbreak for a chance of glory!!! GO Saints! GO!!!!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Good post Jiggers. There is no point crying over the Saints on such a serious level. There is more to life.

Go Saints though. It's meant to be fun! 😁

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

You're an absolute bewdy "thejiggingsaint"! Keep the faith, pray that whatever it is that holds St Kilda back, be that incompetence, a curse or an inability to learn from past mistakes dissipates and you get to enjoy a blood & tear stained 2nd premiership.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

well said Jig....my anger has been replaced with despair..i have moved interstate and watch every game on Fox and the occasional interstate game up my way for the last 3 years. My timing has been good, before the move I was a 35 yr member and hardly ever missed a game, am so glad I am not wasting any money and heartache to watch what is happening atm.
Went through the tough times but at least then we knew we had a poor side and were up against the big money people, but now the playing field is a lot more even and we have good players which makes the situation we are in now a lot harder to accept.
I heard that people were leaving in droves 3rd Qrt..I can't remember that ever happening in the past.
This is truly a sad period in the clubs history... my only anger is towards the trolls on here who consistently and falsely rap the club up, i find it disrespectful to both fellow fans and the club.
I have enjoyed many a pot with friends before the game and sometimes after :) and hope you enjoy many more.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Mon 24 Jun 2019 10:17am ....now the playing field is a lot more even and....(it’s) a lot harder to accept.
I guess it’s relative but look at the ladder right now. One Melbourne team in the top eight, plus Geelong*. ( *has such an advantage with its home ground, it is practically an interstate team now.)

The bottom teams are familiar, except for Carlton who still haven’t recovered from being punished nearly twenty years ago.

Bulldogs won a flag and we almost did too. North a few prelims and Melbourne the odd surge, but generally a familiar story. Melbourne teams like us have been at such a disadvantage for so long it’s a wonder we even exist - or rather we are taken for granted as a backdrop to launch the interstate clubs.

I think it filters down to every level, from fixtures to Barry Hall’s love tap being ignored by the tribunal.

I think Collingwood have been quite successful in rallying but even they have hurt. St Kilda needs to take back something from all this. I just don’t know what or how. Let’s hope winning a few games kicks it off.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!