The Flux Choaching Report: If You Don't Fight You Lose! Get The Gnome Saintas!!!!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

AeonFlux
Club Player

The Flux Choaching Report: If You Don't Fight You Lose! Get The Gnome Saintas!!!!!!

A very special guest analysis committee has been brought in for this Fluxed Choaching Report.
Guitarstimes4, Captain Marvel, Blowme & The Quizmaster.
And a very special thank-you to them for the inspiration. (And the ideas to shamelessly pilfer. :mrgreen: )
Plus He'sHighMan. He provided the * dot points. :wink:

*Things are bad. (Redgum Round Report.)
We were last a power circa 2009/2010.
- Who were our competitors? Honkytown, Skunks, Swines and Skid Marks. How have they gone since then??? :idea:
- Since then, who has plumbed the depths of the ladder? Effendrug, Purple Shockers, Dogs, Brisbane, Melbtank and Carlscum. How are they going now relative to us??? Who is closest to winning a flag???? :idea:
- How are the club's various membership numbers looking??? :idea:
*And then there's are $12 million (and growing) debt. Yikes! :shock: We can't keep tottering along saying 'It Doesn't Matter To Me' like the TRUE DECEIVERS want us to. (Redgum Round Report, again.)

*We can't keep tottering along doing the same old things that have rarely worked for 140 years, yet expect a different result. (Einstein Round Report.)

We have to do something different and bold. For bloody once!!! :x

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of going after the Toxic Gnome to be our next coach.

Think about it Saintsationalists................

- We'd get a (very) proven coach.
- We'd then be able to use our war chest on free agents. Finally! Bloody finally!!!!
- They could really really significantly add to what is already a good list. (Don't be fooled by the TRUE DECEIVERS! Don't be fooled by The Hole In The Ted gang. Out problem <the definite article deleted by Mods> Cho, not the list!!!!)
- And there's no super strong team standing in our way either. Our opportunity is nigh!!! :idea:

Sell him the dream of AFL immortality - the Saintas' second flag.

(Sweeten that further with a Godfather $$$ offer.)

Toxi and the resultant players that we'd be then able to lure, would lead to increased membership, merchandise and sponsorship revenue. That's more than offset what his coaching fee would be.

Yep, the more I think about, we have (another) golden opportunity right here for the taking.

Come on Saintas! Be bold. Be imaginative. Be aggressive. For once! Don't stuff this one up!!!!!! :twisted:

If you don't fight, you lose!!!!!!!

guitars4 wrote: Mon 24 Jun 2019 10:47pmHey Fluxman apathy is alive & well at the Saints & if we go back to Redgum's first album, I think it pretty much sums up Saturday's effort. "If you don't fight you lose". Another classic Redgum album.

wrote:Image
Just heard Terry Wallet talking about the various coaching vacancies on SEN.

He believes that Clarkson may leave Hawthorn.

His opinion (for what its worth) is that Clarkson won't want to go to another 'big' Club. Wallace said that his gut feeling is that he'll end up at North or St Kilda if he goes.
see !!!!

if we’d been playing up our patheticnesses
instead of playing our ‘keeping up appearances’ paradigm

we’d be THE CAUSE

leading the AFL’s UNDISPUTED BASKETCASE **

to the Grail.

but nuh

our only strength yet again downplayed

#moregoodworkstkilda.

think of the UPSIDE

EVERYONE loves patheticness

(just as long as their image aint in the mirror)
please mr clarkson
please come to st kilda
please come and save our saddest of arses
Image wrote:
I think we are a bigger chance than it may seem. JK would be giving him the s***s.

Has been at the club before, and would understand what our next flag will mean in terms of great sports stories. If he succeeded he would pretty much be the greatest coach of the modern era. A flag at a big club doesn't do that. If he fails it wouldn't be his fault.
We just need horse to north.

So come on Saints' Pres Fred Bassat!
Your time is now!!
St Kilda's time is now!!!
Move heaven and hell and get Clarkson!!!!!
And get us a premierbloodyship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

If you don't fight, you lose!!! :twisted:
HarryM wrote: Thu 20 Jun 2019 6:28pmAbsolutely!

Thoughts, Rodger? <swoon>

Thoughts, TRUE DECEIVERS?

Thoughts, Toxi?

Thoughts, Saintsationalists?

- Aeon.

guitars4 wrote: Wed 05 Jun 2019 10:40pmPop goes the weasel I'm voting Flux next time unless we can get Kinky to immigrate to Oz .:wink:
saynta wrote:Flux yeah! :)

PS: TRUE DECIEVERS' lives matter too. (Somewhat). But we need TRUE BELIEVERS!!! Free True Believer!Image

PPS: Trev, was I right? I bet that when you asked him, waynecarey did not know which year the same team won both the spoon and the premiership. :wink:

PPPS: Guitars, this one's for you mate, in appreciation. :D
(Btw, it's whispered that you still have mail. And one that's more than just a whisper....Aeon Flux is a 'she'. :) )

ReMembering:
Image Image Image Image

----- Rodger ------- Nymeria ------- BakesFan ----------- Aaron
HarryM wrote: Nope never heard of them :roll:
BarryGrogan
Club Player

Re: The Flux Choaching Report: If You Don't Fight You Lose! Get The Gnome Saintas!!!!!!

A few things:

- He doesn't want to leave Hawthorn. He stated that unless the Hawthorn board tap him on the shoulder, he's stating there.

- He's contracted there isn't he?

- He's not the messiah. Not in the short term anyway.

He took 3 years to build Hawthorn's team. It wasn't a quick fix. And he had freak talent at his disposal.

Now without that freak talent, they're battlers. He'll improve them, but it'll take time and there's zero guarantees he'll improve them into a flag team.

- Clarkson doesn't instantly get teams playing better - he builds a game plan around what he has at his disposal. That takes time.

So basically, we can't get him anyway. And if we did, the fans' expectations would need to be managed very carefully, as they'd likely be very unrealistic.

guitars4
Club Player

Re: The Flux Choaching Report: If You Don't Fight You Lose! Get The Gnome Saintas!!!!!!

BarryGrogan wrote: Wed 26 Jun 2019 7:55am A few things:

- He doesn't want to leave Hawthorn. He stated that unless the Hawthorn board tap him on the shoulder, he's stating there.

- He's contracted there isn't he?

- He's not the messiah. Not in the short term anyway.

He took 3 years to build Hawthorn's team. It wasn't a quick fix. And he had freak talent at his disposal.

Now without that freak talent, they're battlers. He'll improve them, but it'll take time and there's zero guarantees he'll improve them into a flag team.

- Clarkson doesn't instantly get teams playing better - he builds a game plan around what he has at his disposal. That takes time.

So basically, we can't get him anyway. And if we did, the fans' expectations would need to be managed very carefully, as they'd likely be very unrealistic.
Your right " he's not the messiah he's just a naughty boy" :wink:

guitars4
Club Player

AeonFlux wrote: Tue 25 Jun 2019 11:43pm .

A very special guest analysis committee has been brought in for this Fluxed Choaching Report.
And a very special thank-you to them for the inspiration. (And the ideas to shamelessly pilfer. :mrgreen: )

- Who were our competitors? Honkytown, Skunks, Swines and Skid Marks. How have they gone since then??? :idea:
- Since then, who has plumbed the depths of the ladder? Effendrug, Purple Shockers, Dogs, Brisbane, Melbtank and Carlscum. How are they going now relative to us??? Who is closest to winning a flag???? :idea:
*And then there's are $12 million (and growing) debt. Yikes! :shock: We can't keep tottering along saying 'It Doesn't Matter To Me' like the TRUE DECEIVERS want us to. (Redgum Round Report, again.)

*We can't keep tottering along doing the same old things that have rarely worked for 140 years, yet expect a different result. (Einstein Round Report.)

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of going after the Toxic Gnome to be our next coach.

- We'd then be able to use our war chest on free agents. Finally! Bloody finally!!!!
- They could really really significantly add to what is already a good list. (Don't be fooled by the TRUE DECEIVERS! Don't be fooled by The Hole In The Ted gang. Out problem <the definite article deleted by Mods> Cho, not the list!!!!)
- And there's no super strong team standing in our way either. Our opportunity is nigh!!! :idea:

Toxi and the resultant players that we'd be then able to lure, would lead to increased membership, merchandise and sponsorship revenue. That's more than offset what his coaching fee would be.

Yep, the more I think about, we have (another) golden opportunity right here for the taking.

Come on Saintas! Be bold. Be imaginative. Be aggressive. For once! Don't stuff this one up!!!!!! :twisted:

guitars4 wrote: Mon 24 Jun 2019 10:47pmHey Fluxman apathy is alive & well at the Saints & if we go back to Redgum's first album, I think it pretty much sums up Saturday's effort. "If you don't fight you lose". Another classic Redgum album.

His opinion (for what its worth) is that Clarkson won't want to go to another 'big' Club. Wallace said that his gut feeling is that he'll end up at North or St Kilda if he goes.
see !!!!

we’d be THE CAUSE

to the Grail.

but nuh

#moregoodworkstkilda.

think of the UPSIDE

please mr clarkson
please come to st kilda
Image wrote:
I think we are a bigger chance than it may seem. JK would be giving him the s***s.

Has been at the club before, and would understand what our next flag will mean in terms of great sports stories. If he succeeded he would pretty much be the greatest coach of the modern era. A flag at a big club doesn't do that. If he fails it wouldn't be his fault.

Your time is now!!
And get us a premierbloodyship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Thoughts, Toxi?

- Aeon.

guitars4 wrote: Wed 05 Jun 2019 10:40pmPop goes the weasel I'm voting Flux next time unless we can get Kinky to immigrate to Oz .:wink:

PS: TRUE DECIEVERS' lives matter too. (Somewhat). But we need TRUE BELIEVERS!!! Free True Believer!Image

PPS: Trev, was I right? I bet that when you asked him, waynecarey did not know which year the same team won both the spoon and the premiership. :wink:

(Btw, it's whispered that you still have mail. And one that's more than just a whisper....Aeon Flux is a 'she'. :) )

My sincere apology I should not have presumed you where a man :oops: But I love your wit & humor no matter what gender you are, it brings a smile to my dial every week :D . I 'm not the sharpest tool in the shed so I don't know what you mean by you have mail. Please keep up the great work & thanks for the Redgum tribute I loved it :wink:

HarryM
Club Player

see !!!!

we’d be THE CAUSE

to the Grail.

but nuh

#moregoodworkstkilda.

think of the UPSIDE

please mr clarkson
please come to st kilda
Image wrote:

Your time is now!!

Thoughts, Toxi?

- Aeon.

Absolutely Fluxxie! :arrow: The Whiz sends his regards :D

AeonFlux
Club Player

Baz has a rethink about us getting out there and getting the Toxic Gnome. And we like his rethink! :D

History can repeat. And this time. Go one better!!! :idea:
BarryGrogan wrote: Wed 26 Jun 2019 10:05pmFunnily enough, that was the best move the club has made in my lifetime.
Even with the $1m to Blight, our overall coaching department cost was in the bottom half of the league.
So the outlay was never a problem.
But it drew Gehrig and Hamill to the club, sponsors, and about 10 thousand more members.

I actually think that's the exact type of call GT is referring to.
BarryGrogan wrote: Thu 27 Jun 2019 7:47amIt was good for the club.
Coaching department spending remained in the bottom half of the comp.
Thousands of new members.
Gehrig and Hamill joined the club.
It was a turning point in our history. We were in a Prelim within 3 years of it.
We went from last to 3rd from that decision.
BarryGrogan wrote: Thu 27 Jun 2019 12:39pmA bold, ambitious and ruthless strategy took us from 16th to 3rd within 2 years, and 6 points off a Grand Final berth.
It all started with ambition and an element of risk in making a bold decision.
And others 'get it' to. :D
SAINT-LEE wrote: Wed 26 Jun 2019 10:25pmClarkson is ready for a change just needs the signal from a club ready to invest in him and prove they will pay the price for a long term game plan. Hawks are still keen and are in the mini rebuild for the next 2 years at least.

I think he is 200% our kind of leader but 0% chance we harden up and refuse to come home without him.
saynta wrote: Wed 26 Jun 2019 9:43pm“Breakthrough performance is only achieved with outstanding individuals and the footy club needs to source one.”
Munga wrote: Thu 27 Jun 2019 1:57amI agree wholeheartedly re Clarkson. Throw the bank at him, and when we're playing attractive footy and winning finals again, that investment will pay for itself.

Come on Saintas! Be bold. Be imaginative. Be aggressive. For once! Don't stuff this one up!!!!!!

Sell the dream of AFL immortality - the Saintas' second flag. Get the Gnome!!! :x

...inside this song is our rally cry

Your dreams are in danger, and "We Must Rise"
Our time has come we are under the gun "It's Do or Die"
:twisted:

Your time is now!!
And get us a premierbloodyship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thoughts, Toxi?

- Aeon.

PPS: Guitars, "you have mail", means that you have SS PM/s - or at least that's the word from a couple of ex-AFL footballers who were talking to Ted. As for your 'self assessment'. Apologies. That hadn't been noticed. Should we look harder? :)

PPPS: Harry. Which Whiz are you referring to? :D

PPPPS: He'sHighMan. Thanks again for the * dot points. :D

ReMembering:
Image Image Image Image

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

guitars4 wrote: Wed 26 Jun 2019 6:15pm

see !!!!

we’d be THE CAUSE

to the Grail.

but nuh

#moregoodworkstkilda.

think of the UPSIDE

please mr clarkson
please come to st kilda
Image wrote:

Your time is now!!

Thoughts, Toxi?

- Aeon.

My sincere apology I should not have presumed you where a man :oops: But I love your wit & humor no matter what gender you are, it brings a smile to my dial every week :D . I 'm not the sharpest tool in the shed so I don't know what you mean by you have mail. Please keep up the great work & thanks for the Redgum tribute I loved it :wink:
Can people stop quoting the whole OP when it is that big. Your wasting too much internet.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote: Sat 29 Jun 2019 1:01am

see !!!!

we’d be THE CAUSE

to the Grail.

but nuh

#moregoodworkstkilda.

think of the UPSIDE

please mr clarkson
please come to st kilda
Image wrote:

Your time is now!!

Thoughts, Toxi?

- Aeon.

Can people stop quoting the whole OP when it is that big. Your wasting too much internet.
Halle-bloody-lujah!
Pees me orf no end.
Great post but aeon. If you ain’t a woman you must be a greenie. Gawd I hope you ain’t a hipster :)

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote: Sat 29 Jun 2019 1:16am
Jacks Back wrote: Sat 29 Jun 2019 1:01am

see !!!!

we’d be THE CAUSE

to the Grail.

but nuh

#moregoodworkstkilda.

think of the UPSIDE

please mr clarkson
please come to st kilda
Image wrote:

Your time is now!!

Thoughts, Toxi?

- Aeon.

Halle-bloody-lujah!
Pees me orf no end.
Great post but aeon. If you ain’t a woman you must be a greenie. Gawd I hope you ain’t a hipster :)
It really gives me the irates too.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
AeonFlux
Club Player

Re: The Flux Choaching Report: Cadence to Arms! Do or Die! Get The Gnome Saintas!!!!!!

jaxons wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 11:50pm
jaxons wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 9:51pm Was absolute crap today and agree groundhog day.
Richmond were awful as well.
Just horrible boring bland dull football.
No forward structure and same same as most other games under coach.
If any of you think that changing the coach will fix our club you are kidding yourself.
Even though he must be moved on, the club has a lot more serious issues than just the coach.
It needs a total overhaul, a complete rebuild from top to bottom.
It is kind of like that Seinfeld episode where George did the opposite of what he would normally do.
We need to do that!
Because whatever we do we don't do it right!
Fair point!

And thank you for reminding us all of another reason why we need the Toxic Gnome. He'd have the influence to demand, and more importantly, to get from Fred Bassat, the required changes to win a flag. :idea:

(And unlike as with the Rat's Tossbag, there's no danger of those changes including the ridiculous premature exiting of a Robert Harvey. :evil: )

Sell the dream of AFL immortality - the Saintas' second flag. Get the Gnome!!! :x

Cadence to arms! Do or die!!! :twisted:

Move heaven and hell and get Clarkson!!!!! And get us a premierbloodyship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HarryM wrote: Thu 20 Jun 2019 6:28pmAbsobloodylutely! :D

Thoughts, Toxi?

- Aeon.

* Great to see that the turkeys didn't get you down Jax. Keep posting! :D

ReMembering:
Image Image Image Image

AeonFlux
Club Player

Re: The Flux Choaching Report: No to Brad Kray! Get The Gnome Saintas!!!!!!

Brad Kray??? Seriously??? :shock:

No Brad Scott No Matter What!!!

This isn't about whether Alan Richardson should stay or not. It's about the apparent fact that Brad Scott already has his job, and if Richo does go, please let ANYBODY be our next Coach except Brad Scott.

Brad Scott had ten years at Nth Melbourne without a Grand Final appearance, let alone a Premiership. They sat 17th when his 'departure' was announced. They're now sitting SIX positions higher (11th) just four weeks later under caretaker coach Rhys Shaw. Brad Scott either suddenly left his team in the lurch mid-year as they sat 17th, or he was sacked because they were 17th. Either way, who goes out to get THAT Coach?

Then there's the treatment of an injured Nick Riewoldt in THAT game.

The constant childish whingeing in the Coach's box.

The childish response to David King.

The heavy AFL-media/fan suspicion (as already publicly voiced by Tony Shaw and Wayne Carey - why would they be making such accusations up?) that the Saints job has been guaranteed to Scott by his old mates at Moorabbin BEFORE Alan Richardson has had a chance to trigger his 2020 contract if the Saints were to win a Final (thus meaning those Saints officials who've possibly made the guarantee are now 'white-anting' - quote Wayne Carey - the current coach and 'cheering for the Saints to lose' - quote Wayne Carey). Surely not the way to do business in an industry where open communication and loyalty are of paramount importance.

Most coaches who are between jobs get out and about doing as much media as possible to remind future employers of their clever coaching insights and tactical mind, to enhance their chances of another job. Not a peep from Brad Scott (it's said he's refusing media requests) who is unemployed with only two possible jobs available at AFL senior level (Carlton, where David Teague is surely firming as favourite), and St.Kilda.

I suppose there's no need to be auditioning in the media for a job which you've already got? We want to prevent Brad Scot becoming St.Kilda coach. Hope he coaches again, just elsewhere please?

He was at a 30% win ratio in 2019 (lower than Alan Richardson) when he departed. Which team replaces a coach (if Alan Richardson is to go) with a coach who's record in the very same season is WORSE? (and Brad Scott had Jack Zeibell, Robbie Tarrant, Ben Cunnington, Shaun Higgins, Ben Brown and Todd Goldstein - who the Saints are supposedly trying to recruit for 2020 and who's sitting at 4th on the best performed ruckman list this season - all of whom Alan Richardson would LOVE to add to the Saints Best 22 this year, and yet he's STILL done better than Brad Scott).

There's a perception that when Brad Scott got North into Prelims at least five years ago, that he did so with an ordinary list. It's a myth. Look at the Bulldogs list in 2016, which won a Flag in Luke Beveridge's second season as a coach. Then consider if Brad Scott's list at North really was ordinary, with players like Brent Harvey, Drew Petrie, Ben Brown, Nick Dal Santo, Michael Firrito, Todd Goldstein, Andrew Swallow, Jack Ziebell, Scott Thompson, Ben Cunnington, Levi Greenwood, Daniel Wells...

https://www.change.org/p/st-kilda-footb ... u-KdDdjUNg
Sign the petition, then......

Get the Gnome!
Get the free agents!!
Get a bloody flag!!!

HarryM wrote: Thu 20 Jun 2019 6:28pmAbsobloodylutely! :D

Thoughts, Toxi?

- Aeon.

ReMembering:
Image Image Image Image