ATTENTION ST KILDA FOOTBALL CLUB MANAGEMENT

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

takeaway
Club Player

Re: AQTTENTION ST KILDA FOOTBALL CLUB MANAGEMENT

He's very unlikely to come back to the Saints for a second go....... unfortunately.

Ratts seems very close to the line, but of the other experienced coaches that may possibly be available, RL should be next in line imo.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

ctqs wrote: Tue 30 Jul 2019 8:50pm Has anyone coached more games than he has without ever winning a flag? Rodney Eade maybe? I have to admit I was a fan when he was in charge but I always said he never allowed us to play to our strengths and he lost me completely the way he left us stranded. May he never cast a shadow over Moorabbin again.
I think Malthouse was a Coach for some time before winning a Premiership. 7 years at Footscray, then he won one in his third season at West Coast.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 30 Jul 2019 6:31pm
Scollop wrote: Tue 30 Jul 2019 6:28pm There's been several times we've agreed on things saynta

Are you just remembering the times we've vigorously disagreed?
I'm turning 74 this week. My memory is not what it used to be, unfortunately.

Think you are a f****** fine poster and a dedicated saints man, for what it is worth.
Fifteen years on here and I’ve never seen such a post. You’re getting softer with age. Happy birthday you old bugger.
Jesus, I’ve been coming on here for fifteen years. :shock:
Completely agree with the stay away Lyon sentiment.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Happy Birthday saynta - my car is gold to represent the premiership cup we'll be holding before time comes to trade it in!
(getting awful close to the line though).

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Tue 30 Jul 2019 9:07pm
Scollop wrote: Tue 30 Jul 2019 6:28pm There's been several times we've agreed on things saynta

Think you are a f****** fine poster and a dedicated saints man, for what it is worth.
Fifteen years on here and I’ve never seen such a post. You’re getting softer with age. Happy birthday you old bugger.
Happy Birthday to sanyta-stinger

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Tue 30 Jul 2019 9:04pm He's very unlikely to come back to the Saints for a second go....... unfortunately.

Ratts seems very close to the line, but of the other experienced coaches that may possibly be available, RL should be next in line imo.
And thank god for that takeaway as the tosser is a s*** coach these days.
Last edited by saynta on Tue 30 Jul 2019 11:50pm, edited 1 time in total.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote: Tue 30 Jul 2019 9:35pm

Well thanks for that mate as it is my birthday this week. Haven't got a f****** clue when stingers birthday is. That poster has been gone for years so we can't even ask him.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote: Tue 30 Jul 2019 9:09pm Happy Birthday saynta - my car is gold to represent the premiership cup we'll be holding before time comes to trade it in!
(getting awful close to the line though).
Thanks mate.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

I sit here very comfortable with my integrity and my honour.

I don't sit here and think I'm a genius.

A. Quotes by D. Trump or R. Lyon?
B. True or false?

Correct and correct: Q the cobblers cobbling.

HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

if Ross Lyon is even being considered by the board then they ought to get Nathan Burke in to remind them what sort of bloke Ross Lyon is
I remember wondering WTF was going on at the time, the media had all mobilised in Lyon's defense and trotting out the old St Kilda basketcase chestnut, couldnt get a deal done, what took Fremantle half an hour took St Kilda 6 months, Roos was in there as were all the others - here was a club heartbroken and in the doldrums - sure Ross had probably run his course but the way in which he managed his stage exit smacked of a mercenary arsehole, no finesse or grace whatsoever

Nathan Burke's open letter pretty much spelled out exactly how he strung us along or 6 months after he got a new manager (Craig Kelly after Nixon was shown the door in disgrace) and then f***ed us both in a really callous, unnecessary manner, particularly after his media cheerleaders, all in concert played him as victim of "the culture of St Kilda", that old one. Whether he's a good coach or not is still up in the air, but time's ticking and he's got one last go at it - I watch with interest his rat cunning in securing 3-5 years somewhere else

I tell you one place where he and the club deserve one another - that' d be Carlton

saynta
Saintsational Legend

ctqs wrote: Tue 30 Jul 2019 8:50pm Has anyone coached more games than he has without ever winning a flag? Rodney Eade maybe? I have to admit I was a fan when he was in charge but I always said he never allowed us to play to our strengths and he lost me completely the way he left us stranded. May he never cast a shadow over Moorabbin again.
Great to see you posting close the quotes

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Thanks mate, love you too. :D

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 30 Jul 2019 6:39pm
Scollop wrote: Tue 30 Jul 2019 6:32pm
saynta wrote: Tue 30 Jul 2019 6:27pm
The Fireman wrote: Tue 30 Jul 2019 6:18pm but he likes Negronis
Not surprised judging from the way he walks, not that there is anything wrong with that. :mrgreen:
He has a weakness for cream puffs too
The name Zac comes to mind for some unexplained reason.
Interested to understand how the above does not demean a former saints player and a former saints coach.

I have never used the Cho term and understand it is banned because of an obscure urban dictionary reference that no one knew until pointed out by a couple of forum miscreants. Is it worse than Tosser (Lyon) or girl (Dawson) used on this forum.

Am I wrong suggesting that all former players and coaches be shown the same level of respect?

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Wed 31 Jul 2019 6:18pm
Not surprised judging from the way he walks, not that there is anything wrong with that. :mrgreen:
Interested to understand how the above does not demean a former saints player and a former saints coach.

I have never used the Cho term and understand it is banned because of an obscure urban dictionary reference that no one knew until pointed out by a couple of forum miscreants. Is it worse than Tosser (Lyon) or girl (Dawson) used on this forum.

Am I wrong suggesting that all former players and coaches be shown the same level of respect?
Yep, quite wrong IMHFO, Former plyers and former coaches are the same as opposition players and opposition coaches if that is now their job.

I would say calling posters whose only aim was to stop SS posters using a very derogatory term to describe our coach "miscreants" should suffer the consequences of their actions, should someone be upset enough to report your post.

For the record, i'm not upset. :wink:

And alsojust to keep the record straight., Simon was well aware of the meaning of that phrase.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Re: ATTENTION ST KILDA FOOTBALL CLUB MANAGEMENT

I find it odd how the colour of someone’s shirt determines whether posters are allowed to horribly and publicly defame them or not being allowed to say boo about them.

You’d think just treating everyone with the same basic level of respect would be a better option.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 31 Jul 2019 7:57pm

Yep, quite wrong IMHFO, Former plyers and former coaches are the same as opposition players and opposition coaches if that is now their job.

I would say calling posters whose only aim was to stop SS posters using a very derogatory term to describe our coach "miscreants" should suffer the consequences of their actions, should someone be upset enough to report your post.

And alsojust to keep the record straight., Simon was well aware of the meaning of that phrase.
Never used the term the Cho or supported the use of the term, my question was and remains is to why it is acceptable to demean and defame one former coach but not another.

It appears double standards to me.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 30 Jul 2019 10:19pm
saintspremiers wrote: Tue 30 Jul 2019 9:35pm

Well thanks for that mate as it is my birthday this week. Haven't got a f****** clue when stingers birthday is. That poster has been gone for years so we can't even ask him.
I heard you saw him last week.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 30 Jul 2019 11:49pm

Oh Jesus.....

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Wed 31 Jul 2019 9:55pm

Never used the term the Cho or supported the use of the term, my question was and remains is to why it is acceptable to demean and defame one former coach but not another.

No double standards, just a question of not using a banned term to describe a person. Apart from that Richo is probably fair game.

I know that maybe a hard concept for some. :roll: :roll:

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Wed 31 Jul 2019 10:08pm
saynta wrote: Tue 30 Jul 2019 11:49pm

Oh Jesus.....
The old wowser must have have gotten a good birthday present 🎁 😉

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Wed 31 Jul 2019 9:55pm

:D

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post