BRANDON WHITE

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The_President
Club Player

Re: BRANDON WHITE

B.M wrote: Sat 03 Aug 2019 11:40am So he told AR in 2017 that he’s leaving at the end of 2018. That would be a good move for his 2018 season. If he said that in his 2017 exit, he would have been delisted.

I think it’s a much more simple reason

There is deficits in his game which keep him out
Seems simple doesn’t it BM.

oldie60
Club Player

"THE CURSE OF THE WHITES" remember Spencer?

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Spencer ‘buddy’ White

Arryn BJ Siposs

Paddy Plugger McCartin

Tommy Walsh

Blake GOAT Acres

Nah, we never overrate our players

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Trev from the Bush wrote: Sat 03 Aug 2019 12:15am The big question - is Saintmatt's real name Mrs White?
For the record - it’s not. But - I watch pretty much all of Sandy’s games live - and most of the Saints ones so, I think I’m more than qualified to comment on White.

The fact that Cho decided to let White rot there is roughly the equivalent of Ross’ treatment of Armitage, Steven and T Lynch.

Have you enjoyed the improvement in Clark and Coffield? Amazing what happens when talented players get blocks of games at the level isn’t it?

Or is your name Mrs Richardson?

Go you red, black & white warriors
oldie60
Club Player

Taken 40 th in a 2015 draft where most of the players picked ahead of him are current regular senior players so you really have to look and see what or where is it that he is deficient. Is there something in his preparation or willingness to work harder on directives given to him by the club. Kids coming through the TAC / NAB system have similar weekly benchmarks that have to be completed / achieved to be considered for selection so is it that we did not identify these traits during our recruitment process. In fairness Clark and Coffield were always going to be top ten and we've seen how hard its been to become a regular senior player but they're not out of the woods yet they'll need to back their achievements up with solid seasons next year.

Josh Battle
Club Player

B.M wrote: Sat 03 Aug 2019 11:40am So he told AR in 2017 that he’s leaving at the end of 2018. That would be a good move for his 2018 season. If he said that in his 2017 exit, he would have been delisted.

I think it’s a much more simple reason

There is deficits in his game which keep him out
There are deficits in every players game. Paton? Coff? Dunstan? Steven? Savage? Geary? Webster? Nathan Brown?

You can't ignore B White's early form in the VFL where he was best on ground and then listen to the bs from Richo in the media that players were getting a senior call up based on good form. There was some politics going on, like there is at every organisation.

When you have a guy who is playing in defense and we've had Roobo out all year, Webster injured for most of the year, NJB dropped and combined with White's form in the VFL this year, it suggests that list management decisions are being made on Brandon without giving him a fair crack at senior level

Josh Battle
Club Player

Plus nearly forgot another defender in Carlisle was missing for most of the year, so there's some funny business going on but I don't think Brandon is laughing

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

oldie60 wrote: Sat 03 Aug 2019 12:55pm Taken 40 th in a 2015 draft where most of the players picked ahead of him are current regular senior players so you really have to look and see what or where is it that he is deficient. Is there something in his preparation or willingness to work harder on directives given to him by the club. Kids coming through the TAC / NAB system have similar weekly benchmarks that have to be completed / achieved to be considered for selection so is it that we did not identify these traits during our recruitment process. In fairness Clark and Coffield were always going to be top ten and we've seen how hard its been to become a regular senior player but they're not out of the woods yet they'll need to back their achievements up with solid seasons next year.
There has to be something oldie, something none of us are privy to and going by the guesses and none consensus it is glaring in as much as it's baffling.

As you pointed out, those in the same draft are senior players, I'm guessing the kid can play. 13 senior games, named best in 10 out of 13 VFL games, so non selection in a year of injury and uncertainty makes me think his papers were stamped some time back for reasons that may not be ability related.

At least you saw the merit in Clark & Coffield, there are threads on here displaying the impatience and stupidity of posters in their expectations. Coffield to some is not local league standard & sh1ts himself, quite emotional crap but that's the lot of a St Kilda supporter, we are impatient, we are perennially disappointed enough to become delusional and blinded with our assessments.

The beauty with this argument is time will tell who is right about White. I hope in 3 years those who see something in him, see that at St Kilda and not Essendon or West Coast or Hawthorn.

Josh Battle
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote: Fri 02 Aug 2019 1:22pm From my observation, he's not the sharpest tool in the shed.
I doubt he fully understands what he's being asked to do.
He's not being asked to go on a debating team or on Mastermind.

If AFL players had to pass an IQ test before being recruited I think Clayton Oliver wouldn't have got drafted...along with about 200+ other footballers who have had very good careers.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Josh Battle wrote: Sat 03 Aug 2019 2:47pm
Bernard Shakey wrote: Fri 02 Aug 2019 1:22pm From my observation, he's not the sharpest tool in the shed.

If AFL players had to pass an IQ test before being recruited I think Clayton Oliver wouldn't have got drafted...along with about 200+ other footballers who have had very good careers.
Sure, but they do have to follow instructions. Even if the instruction is simply 'tell yer mum to stop ringin me!'

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Josh Battle
Club Player

Gold

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SAINT-LEE
Club Player

bigcarl wrote: Fri 02 Aug 2019 12:50pm I read on here a month or so back that Richo wouldn’t play him because White’s mum is pushy and giving the club a hard time about him not getting a game.

Any truth in this?
Not sure about the rumour mills but the story is Brandon's mum posted something on Facebook about the club not Richo. Supposedly agreeing with this post naming players who get games that weren't as good.

Story goes that someone who was Brandon' s mum's friend and was also a father of a player, showed Richo.
Then it started. Brandon defended his mum instead of just saying we will get it taken down: it was deleted but not until other players looked and there's some bad vibes now towards Brandon.

Is it true? Don't know. Heard it from 2 people end of May.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

I've actually heard him receiving instructions at Sandy and, going by the questions he asked, he clearly did not understand what he was being asked to do.
He is a great mark, a brilliant kick, but not good at executing a game plan.
Down at Launceston last year he was outmarked on the fifty metre line. He stood the mark at about the forty. I thought he was going to run up to the fifty to put the Hawks player off. He just stood there and allowed the kick to be taken from about forty five, resulting in an easy goal. I said to my mate "He won't be playing next week". Guess what? He didn't play the next week.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Josh Battle
Club Player

He gets regular best on ground games in the VFL. He's a great mark and brilliant kick, but we should delist him according to some on here. Extraordinary!!

Every young player makes mistakes. Communication goes both ways as does educating/coaching players. Maybe the bloke giving him the instruction at Sandy is the one that needs to be moved on

StPeter
Club Player

If the story about his Mum is true (she had grounds for complaint) and it certainly has been mentioned a few times in the past, it is a disgrace if this is the reason for his
constant omission.

What has annoyed me is that he has shown something in his limited chances yet he never got more than one or two games in a row . We have had so many players missing this year from the position he plays and yet he has only been picked once when he played ok even though playing injured for most of the game. He certainly showed enough to be given another go, and of course he has shown consistently good form in the VFL.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Fact is, if he was that good, he’d be playing.

Do you think AR, fighting for his career would leave out a ‘gun’ for an average player?

Or that Ratten would do the same? He is trying to impress and he leaves out a better player for a worse player... I don’t think so?!

He got some talent, and is pretty hard at it... lacks fitness and an understanding of defensive positioning it seems... otherwise he’d be getting a game. Coffield is being picked in his spot. I think White will get a game before the end of the season though.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Sat 03 Aug 2019 3:24pm Fact is, if he was that good, he’d be playing.

Do you think AR, fighting for his career would leave out a ‘gun’ for an average player?

Or that Ratten would do the same? He is trying to impress and he leaves out a better player for a worse player... I don’t think so?!

He got some talent, and is pretty hard at it... lacks fitness and an understanding of defensive positioning it seems... otherwise he’d be getting a game. Coffield is being picked in his spot. I think White will get a game before the end of the season though.
I think the argument is that over the last 3 years AR was a pretty terrible coach and made some bad decisions that contributed to the results.

I’ve missed the hyperboles you bring to the table BM.
That list of players you claim everyone overrated... no one said they were the GOAT, it’s just something you make up to suit the narrative that your the only non-emotional reasonable supporter.

People just wanted them to be given more opportunity when they were playing well in the hope that they got better.

A little known take on development... typically players tend to get better the more they play. Especially the younger ones.

It’s why many get peeve when a senior player like Weller gets limitless opportunity whilst performing very badly and other players get very limited opportunity

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Josh Battle wrote: Sat 03 Aug 2019 3:13pm He gets regular best on ground games in the VFL. He's a great mark and brilliant kick, but we should delist him according to some on here. Extraordinary!!

Every young player makes mistakes. Communication goes both ways as does educating/coaching players. Maybe the bloke giving him the instruction at Sandy is the one that needs to be moved on
I'm not saying he should be delisted. Just giving my opinion as to maybe why he's not being selected.
I understood what he was being asked to do and I don't even know the gameplan.
I would love to see his booming kicks from halfback hitting targets on the chest, but there's more to footy than being able to kick.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Josh Battle
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote: Sat 03 Aug 2019 5:23pm
Josh Battle wrote: Sat 03 Aug 2019 3:13pm He gets regular best on ground games in the VFL. He's a great mark and brilliant kick, but we should delist him according to some on here. Extraordinary!!

I'm not saying he should be delisted. Just giving my opinion as to maybe why he's not being selected.
I understood what he was being asked to do and I don't even know the gameplan.
I would love to see his booming kicks from halfback hitting targets on the chest, but there's more to footy than being able to kick.
Why would you have faith in the communication skills of our development coaches when their record has been abysmal? We are getting slaughtered once again in the VFL today.

I would love to stop listening to coaches trotting out cliches and excuses. Sandringham has gone backwards since Hamill was appointed and if he is one of the people judging White, then no wonder the kid is not coming on properly

saintkev
Club Player

Too right!! If intelligence is major factor how come Carlisle gets a go?

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

StPeter wrote: Sat 03 Aug 2019 3:19pm If the story about his Mum is true (she had grounds for complaint) and it certainly has been mentioned a few times in the past, it is a disgrace if this is the reason for his
constant omission.

What has annoyed me is that he has shown something in his limited chances yet he never got more than one or two games in a row . We have had so many players missing this year from the position he plays and yet he has only been picked once when he played ok even though playing injured for most of the game. He certainly showed enough to be given another go, and of course he has shown consistently good form in the VFL.
A case for fair work?

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Saintly66
Club Player

StPeter wrote: Sat 03 Aug 2019 3:19pm If the story about his Mum is true (she had grounds for complaint) and it certainly has been mentioned a few times in the past, it is a disgrace if this is the reason for his
constant omission.

What happened with his mum? Pm if you can’t post on here.
Cheers

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

https://www.saints.com.au/news/2019-09- ... st-fairest

FAIR DINKUM

What a joke.

IMHO Brandon White is a better footballer than Jake Lever.

Alan Richardson, what an absolute buffoon.
Melbourne are an absolute joke.

Rowan Marshall was not selected in round one this year when anyone with a clue already knew he was easily in the best 22.

How White was not given more opportunities this year is a serious inditement on the competence on all involved including Ratten.

Whoever is responsible for signing McKenzie on a three year contract in the latter half of this season should be sacked immediately. FAIR F****** DINKUM. Absolutely farcical.
Seriously, the idiots responsible for this are clearly out of their depth and have NFI.
I'd rather employ a Sumatran Orangutang ahead of the goofballs responsible for signing McKenzie for three years. FACEPALM on steroids.

Brandon White is clearly best 22 IMHO.
Has he been offered a three year contract?
After winning Sandringham's B&F is anyone going to open their f***** eyes, get a f****** clue and give this 22 yo kid a FAIR f****** DINKUM fair go?

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Good work by White. They'll have to pick him after this, surely. I wonder what the issue is? Attitude? Fitness? Politics?

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Saintly66 wrote: Sun 04 Aug 2019 12:10am
constant omission.

What happened with his mum? Pm if you can’t post on here.
Cheers
Ditto