Lessons from the Blues

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Lessons from the Blues

Marshall would have learnt a lot today. Whilst not disgraced, Kreuzer was excellent.

If Newnes doesn't fumble you would not know he's out there. One more game.

Bruce tries hard but was exhausted and beaten up by a part time backman. His position is hard enough without being the relief ruck. Must get another utility, Tomlinson or experienced ruck / forward Ryder.

Carlisle needs to be asked some serious questions about his future. If the past few weeks are an indication, I don't like the future.

Membrey & Hind are our only forward locks. Bruce next, then daylight. Lonie is actually slow, why else does he continually prop hoping the defender will run over his midget ass frame.

Can't see a midfield involving Hannebery, Dunstan, Steele and Ross working without some serious outside pace.

Finally dawned on me what annoys me about Ross. When he gets that little dinky kick to him, he has no urgency. He waddles backwards, no rush whilst players upfield are making leads. He's not in a position to honour them. In fact he's so slow waddling back, the umpire calls play on, another rushed kick, another turnover. Run back Ross!!!

Clark and Wilkie look like 150 gamers. Sinclair and Newnes don't, that is just sad.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Lessons from the Blues

Ghost Like wrote: Sat 17 Aug 2019 5:52pm Marshall would have learnt a lot today. Whilst not disgraced, Kreuzer was excellent.

If Newnes doesn't fumble you would not know he's out there. One more game.

Bruce tries hard but was exhausted and beaten up by a part time backman. His position is hard enough without being the relief ruck. Must get another utility, Tomlinson or experienced ruck / forward Ryder.

Carlisle needs to be asked some serious questions about his future. If the past few weeks are an indication, I don't like the future.

Membrey & Hind are our only forward locks. Bruce next, then daylight. Lonie is actually slow, why else does he continually prop hoping the defender will run over his midget ass frame.

Can't see a midfield involving Hannebery, Dunstan, Steele and Ross working without some serious outside pace.

Finally dawned on me what annoys me about Ross. When he gets that little dinky kick to him, he has no urgency. He waddles backwards, no rush whilst players upfield are making leads. He's not in a position to honour them. In fact he's so slow waddling back, the umpire calls play on, another rushed kick, another turnover. Run back Ross!!!

Clark and Wilkie look like 150 gamers. Sinclair and Newnes don't, that is just sad.
hahahahaha

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Lesson that I took out of the game. Learn to f****** kick straight.

Bad kicking is f*** awful football.

Kick straight and we win the game. f****** shame .

Laurie
Club Player

We need to get some mongrel and killer instinct into our team.
Put some fear into the opposition teams.
Without naming anyone some of our guys are front runners.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

We are paying the price for too many players missing large chunks of the season.
Lonie has been off for a few weeks. Pressure is there but there is no pace. He's usually quick.
Hanners is good early but can't complete the game with the same intensity.
Steven was an absolute liability today. That will hurt him. Hardly competed with any intensity today. Complete 180 from last week. Massively underdone.
We didn't have a match-up for both Carlisle and Brown. Carlisle must not have the tank to go with McKay because that was the logical match up.
We moved the ball very well at times but lacked the polish.

Ape_Man
Club Player

An underdone Steven and a very slow Lonie really cost us today.

We were abysmal just outside 50.

I hate to say it, but the long bomb was our best choice most of the game.

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Some of our guys need a rocket.

But is Ratten going to give it to them when he's still vying for the job?

silverhalo
Club Player

I love both of these guys but Steven and Carlisle were both terrible today

silverhalo
Club Player

Also assuming Newnes plays his farewell game next week

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Bruce could have had a really good game if he was able to hang on to his marks
Carlton killed us in the air !

In red white and black from 73
Trixilver
Club Player

Sorry but Newnes must go. I know a few players who had bad games but I would say Newnes had an *average* game for him. Just a class below what we need.

St Loxton
Club Player

Members kicks that goal, and therefore they don't get that fast goal 30 seconds later.
That was the game, we would of held and won.

St Loxton
Club Player

Also i feel we missed Greshams drive today, was he's sort of game, and on the G

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Good summary OP.

Except I thought Kruezer obliterated Marshall.

That’s so annoying because Kruezer is slow, awkward and can’t turn. And yet, he got on top in the middle, and Marshall mistimed his leap over and over.

Kruezer took key marks, made big contests and as much as I don’t rate him, he schooled Marshall today. So excruciating to see that unfold.

Has upped our need to find a ruckman who can teach him how to ruck.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Boys looked like they were hanging out for a few weeks in Bali. Billings even let it slip on this weeks podcast, that he was “looking forward to the end of the year” before Gears picked him up on it.

Blues looked eager to perform for their new coach and get a real positive vibe going into 2020

saynta
Saintsational Legend

St Loxton wrote: Sat 17 Aug 2019 7:40pm Members kicks that goal, and therefore they don't get that fast goal 30 seconds later.
Yep.My thought exactly.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

the biggest one...don't cheat

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

St Loxton wrote: Sat 17 Aug 2019 7:40pm Members kicks that goal, and therefore they don't get that fast goal 30 seconds later.
Totally agree.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

St Chris wrote: Sat 17 Aug 2019 8:24pm Billings even let it slip on this weeks podcast, that he was “looking forward to the end of the year” before Gears picked him up on it.
Heard that. Hated it. We’re here, living for every week, wanting to fight for every ball, and they’re looking for the end. Played like it, too.

That sort of attitude drives me nuts. I know it’s tough and it’s not easy but you’ve literally got the best job in the world, earning about $5 million for a few years’ work...

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote: Sat 17 Aug 2019 8:32pm
St Chris wrote: Sat 17 Aug 2019 8:24pm Billings even let it slip on this weeks podcast, that he was “looking forward to the end of the year” before Gears picked him up on it.
Heard that. Hated it. We’re here, living for every week, wanting to fight for every ball, and they’re looking for the end. Played like it, too.

That sort of attitude drives me nuts. I know it’s tough and it’s not easy but you’ve literally got the best job in the world, earning about $5 million for a few years’ work...
They only play for 5 months with a 7 month off season , as they don’t play finals.

Soft.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
resaintlee
Club Player

Blues appear very athletic and tall. Which of our players could be said to have beaten their man today?

saintkid
Club Player

Drives me nuts too. Borderlines disgraceful. Should not be saying that with 2 games left and especially coming from Billings who was a big disappointment again today, as detailed in my match thread post. They owe it to the supporters to be totally focused for every round till season's end! Billings should watch the tape of Hunter Clark's efforts today and take a long, hard look at himself. Clark wins his own ball, has more upside already and he's only been in the system for 2 years. Billings should be doing a hell of a lot more on the field given the very large annual salary the club's paying him.
Last edited by saintkid on Sat 17 Aug 2019 9:40pm, edited 1 time in total.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

I didn’t watch the game today, but looking at the stats it seems Billings had a good day, 26 touches (17 kicks), kicked a goal and was our 3rd highest rated player. What did (or didn’t) he do to cop so much criticism?

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Josh Battle
Club Player

Poor attitude by Billings. If you 'mouth the words' it's obviously more important for you to plan your holidays, rather than focussing on giving everything to the contest on the weekend.

We were beaten today in the tackle count by Carlton. They also beat us in contested footy

Billings is a receiver. Our boys look to him at every opportunity to distribute the footy. That's the main reason he has high numbers

Irritates me no end when Billings takes his eyes off the footy and fumbles. When it comes to him defending or winning a ground ball or loose ball contest he usually struggles.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

I'm looking forward to the end of the season. Resetting, evaluating, trading, cutting, drafting, pre season & dreaming.

Might not sit well with some but it was honest and a fact. I look forward to leave, doesn't mean I give up on my job, I can't afford to and either can they.

Billings played OK today. People have their players they can't stomach. I know I do. Billings is working to a new level this year, not many others on our list are working to new levels with the exception of Marshall, Clark, Paton, Steele, Gresham, arguably Coffield. Hind and Wilkie are setting their levels.