Carlisle on trade table

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

To the top
SS Life Member

Re: Carlisle on trade table

JB

Sides are still publicised as they are - noting the evolution of the game

The defensive 6 will match up on the opposition attacking 6 in the first instance

So our defensive players will have opposition players they are consigned to

You are not going to assign Clark to Lynch of Richmond obviously

Then Richmond gave Riewoldt - and the other Clubs have similar (look back at the Brisbane game where they cut us up both overhead and at ground level, and badly cut us up)

The point I make is that Battle at his size and with his skills could be better deployed as a third tall in our defensive 6, so not KPP. And ditto with Membrey in our attack

Royston
Club Player

Leadership group were consulted and they were comfortable with Carlisle being put up for trade.
Very average bloke by all reports and the players are more than happy if he is traded out.
Just what l was told.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Royston wrote: Sun 01 Sep 2019 8:00pm Leadership group were consulted and they were comfortable with Carlisle being put up for trade.
Very average bloke by all reports and the players are more than happy if he is traded out.
Just what l was told.
Not really surprising to me if accurate. Question is, will anyone want him and what will they pay?

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Royston wrote: Sun 01 Sep 2019 8:00pm Leadership group were consulted and they were comfortable with Carlisle being put up for trade.
Just what l was told.
thats a but damning (if true)

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Just what l was told.

Thanks for sharing, appreciate all info if it’s passed on in good faith.

If this is true though, I’m a bit uncomfortable.

1. Not sure why the players are having any input into trading their teammates. Wreaks of popularity bulls*** and ganging up.

2. Why THIS leadership group is having any input. Most of which have been the leaders of poor performances and mediocrity over 8 years. Not good enough at their own craft to be making list management decisions.

St Loxton
Club Player

Spinner wrote: Sun 01 Sep 2019 9:58pm
Just what l was told.

1. Not sure why the players are having any input into trading their teammates. Wreaks of popularity bulls*** and ganging up.

2. Why THIS leadership group is having any input. Most of which have been the leaders of poor performances and mediocrity over 8 years. Not good enough at their own craft to be making list management decisions.
Didn't say the leadership group had any input, only consulted about the idea.
They are the leaders, empower them to be heard.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

St Loxton wrote: Sun 01 Sep 2019 10:27pm
Just what l was told.

Consulted is still some input, the news wasn’t a players were ‘told’. In addition the poster said the players are more than happy to have him gone.

So the points continue to stand.

To the top
SS Life Member

You would like to think that at footy clubs all players are the best of mates and are as thick as thieves

But, as with elsewhere in society including the work place, across the 45 players on the List not all would be best mates, merely work colleagues and hopefully with respect for others at worst

Look at Edwards and McLeod at Adelaide after their wives fell out but those players were both excellent contributors for over 300 games each

The leadership group is what it is - year on year

I would be dumbfounded if the leadership group be was bought into such a conversation

They are there to paper the cracks not to widen them (if they exist)

IF that is the view of the leadership group it makes the players position at the Club untenable (including the position of any player courtesy of what those on the leadership group may think at any time) and that being the case the player would not want to continue at St Kilda - would you on those circumstances?)

So I call a nonsense on such a report - including that it is designed to harm the fabric of the Club

As St Kilda learnt from the day’s of Lockett, the Club is always more important than the players because the Club is perpetual, players are not

Hence the importance of the administration at successful Clubs

asiu
Saintsational Legend

agreed

the pencil pusher is important
... but he’s not the messiah

thats the shamans job.
(the dude with the vision)

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Just what l was told.

It was reported the Saints leadership group were consulted about the Hannebery recruitment and it stands to reason in this day and age they would be advised, consulted and or asked for input on trading of key personnel if for nothing else than how this may affect the playing group.

Whether their input has any influence is to be debated, but the Royston post appears logical and reasonable.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
barneyboyz
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Mon 02 Sep 2019 9:46am
Just what l was told.

It was reported the Saints leadership group were consulted about the Hannebery recruitment and it stands to reason in this day and age they would be advised, consulted and or asked for input on trading of key personnel if for nothing else than how this may affect the playing group.

Whether their input has any influence is to be debated, but the Royston post appears logical and reasonable.
I would only be questioning his second statement about Jake being a "Very average bloke by all reports and the players are more than happy if he is traded out" This is the same bloke that his mates absolutely showed support for, on a fateful day against the Scum.

Look, I dunno about Jake, he does seem to be a different cat, but is he a very average bloke? only those in the 'very real' know, would know, no?

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
St Loxton
Club Player

barneyboyz wrote: Mon 02 Sep 2019 10:53am
Just what l was told.

I would only be questioning his second statement about Jake being a "Very average bloke by all reports and the players are more than happy if he is traded out" This is the same bloke that his mates absolutely showed support for, on a fateful day against the Scum.

Look, I dunno about Jake, he does seem to be a different cat, but is he a very average bloke? only those in the 'very real' know, would know, no?
I just think having the leaders involved in the thought process but not necessarily having a swaying vote.
It would have to give them greater clarity of the strategy and direction of the coaches and list managers.
Making a better transition of intel throughout the whole club.

barneyboyz
Club Player

St Loxton wrote: Mon 02 Sep 2019 11:44am
Just what l was told.

I just think having the leaders involved in the thought process but not necessarily having a swaying vote.
It would have to give them greater clarity of the strategy and direction of the coaches and list managers.
Making a better transition of intel throughout the whole club.
Hmm, I just wonder though...what if they had such discussions and the trade didn't go ahead, does that leave the leadership group any room to move? I can see maybe the captain has the question posed in a private conversation, but a whole group of players?

If he's an ordinary bloke, then the coaching group will know and they won't need to ask. Jake would be done

It would have been different when discussing the potential for drafting of players i.e. hey fellas, we look to be bringing D Hanneberry to the club, what are your thoughts???

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Just what l was told.

Good comments and agreed, don't know anything about him as a bloke.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Not a stretch to believe Jake has a questionable attitude.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

If the Suns get a priority pick & it is #2, is there anyway we can use Carlisle to get our hands on it? Carlisle plus a HBF or Carlisle plus a round 3 (if we can get one)???

spert
Saintsational Legend

Maybe the current football dept at the Saints may never have looked at Carlise originally and still don't see him as are required player?

johnnyrayflamingo
Club Player

If we get a replacement he is gone
About time

😎
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Statingtheobvious McStatingtheobviousface doing his best Scoopy McScoopface / ITK McITKface impression

Seems nothing has changed

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
barneyboyz
Club Player

Devilhead wrote: Tue 03 Sep 2019 3:46pm Statingtheobvious McStatingtheobviousface doing his best Scoopy McScoopface / ITK McITKface impression

Seems nothing has changed
Your Nic explains everything :wink:

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Ghost Like wrote: Tue 03 Sep 2019 10:26am If the Suns get a priority pick & it is #2, is there anyway we can use Carlisle to get our hands on it? Carlisle plus a HBF or Carlisle plus a round 3 (if we can get one)???
yes
http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 1#p1822051

Seeya
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Thanks sunsaint but I'm not in favour of that deal your link went to, however I'm very much in favour of the poster's view of Hutchy.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Tue 03 Sep 2019 10:26am If the Suns get a priority pick & it is #2,
Judd offered the opinion yesterday that if they get one that it may be about Pick 10.

Ghost Like wrote: Tue 03 Sep 2019 10:26am is there anyway we can use Carlisle to get our hands on it? Carlisle plus a HBF or Carlisle plus a round 3 (if we can get one)???
I am not even sure Carlisle and Pick 5 would get it as Carlisle trade value has gone down since we gained him.

However evidently the Suns are very tight on Salary Cap, so one way might be to sweeten any deal by paying half of Carlisle's Salary for 2 years.

However would Jake want to go to the Suns? And indeed does any non-fringe player who currently plays first 22 football at any AFL Club want to go there next year?

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Love how Carlisle’s attitude is summed up / perceived by one or two efforts post a major back surgery but not on how he prepares, recovers from injury and gets up for games despite significant injuries/soreness during the week (as shown in previous years).

Some people love to hate just to have an opinion.

To the top
SS Life Member

The Coach has advised that Carlisle is a required player.

So there you go.

I would anticipate that the same support will be on offer to Acres and Bruce, also whipping names on here (ignoring those who should be under pressure)

Read what the Coach has said and you will understand why.

Process and commitment in building a team and a culture that positions the Club to compete consistently - because if you are consistently competing the ultimate success will be delivered.

And to do that you require your good players including by the obligation to put further good players on the park.

You cut the mediocre, not the good.

And hopefully Jack Steven is in a happy place at St Kilda, with the direction of the Club and with his team mates where he is a senior player in a very young, emerging group.

"Jack, we want you to compliment Hill" (with Pick5/6) "and Gresham and the drive Clark and Coffield will give us from the back half with their skill, pace and precision. It will no longer be on your shoulders alone to introduce skill, pace and precision to our ball carriage and, in fact, you can enjoy some time in our F50 creating havoc"