Hannas haircut

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Hannas haircut

At the footy last night chatting with my mate that is connected with a few football folk

He mentioned Hannas took a salary haircut (significant) due to some off field indiscretions that ended up in him being bribed by some bikies

Upon fessing up he agreed to a substantial cut

Anyone heard this?

Also he shared with me the story behind Stuvs time off...seems a touch far fetched but anyways good for a yarn over a beer!

#1 Ryder fan
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Re: Hannas haircut

Seems legit. I also believe the AFL is s level playing field with each club given equal chance to win a flag.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

The off-field indiscretion rumour has been around for a while.
Not professing to know anything but his drop from the leadership group around the same time suggested something was up

asiu
Saintsational Legend

big jake took a financial ‘haircut’ too , iirc
(or so reported) after the talcon powder incident
didn’t he ?

maybe thats our operational paradigm
... attract em on big coin
then ratchet it back for naughty sh!t

seems fair

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Saintly66
Club Player

Really? Who cares what they do off field

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

"Who cares what they do off field"

You're making a statement aren't you? That's not a question is it, because if it was, and if you thought about the answer, you wouldn't be asking it, would you?

Let me put it another way...are you comparing suburban or country league footy players to an elite AFL professional who is on top dollar?

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

It was reported Ben Cousins took a haircut and included his eyebrows just before being drug tested if I recall correctly.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

having my eyebrows mown
is a joy in my life

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Sat 07 Sep 2019 10:40am big jake took a financial ‘haircut’ too , iirc
(or so reported) after the talcon powder incident
didn’t he ?

Yes, and was reported at the time. So effectively was after he was traded for, but before he physically arrived at the club.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Can we have a separate board for what people’s mates have to say about our club. We could call it “mates rates”.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
shrodes
SS Life Member

MC Gusto wrote: Sat 07 Sep 2019 10:10am At the footy last night chatting with my mate that is connected with a few football folk

He mentioned Hannas took a salary haircut (significant) due to some off field indiscretions that ended up in him being bribed by some bikies

Anyone heard this?

Also he shared with me the story behind Stuvs time off...seems a touch far fetched but anyways good for a yarn over a beer!
Have heard the bikie rumour with Bryce Gibbs and why he's out of favour at Adelaide... Seems like a common one flying around

Leo.J
SS Life Member

I’ve heard a rumour including both players also.

As mentioned above I’ve heard the bikie one, same story insert different name of about 3 players.

And the Jack Steven one is the same thing. Something involving Jack and insert a name of about 3 different players again.

Personally I think they’re bs.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

shrodes wrote: Sun 08 Sep 2019 9:48am
MC Gusto wrote: Sat 07 Sep 2019 10:10am At the footy last night chatting with my mate that is connected with a few football folk

Anyone heard this?

Have heard the bikie rumour with Bryce Gibbs and why he's out of favour at Adelaide... Seems like a common one flying around
Yes, Dayne Beams and Jack Watts have both had the same story wrapped around their names.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote: Sat 07 Sep 2019 2:57pm Can we have a separate board for what people’s mates have to say about our club. We could call it “mates rates”.
[My] Mate States .....

FTFY

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Saintly66
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Sat 07 Sep 2019 11:52am "Who cares what they do off field"

You're making a statement aren't you? That's not a question is it, because if it was, and if you thought about the answer, you wouldn't be asking it, would you?

Let me put it another way...are you comparing suburban or country league footy players to an elite AFL professional who is on top dollar?
Well if you read it again you wouldn’t be asking if it was a question, they usually have one of these “?” After. Don’t get smart when there’s nothing to get smart/pompous about.
I love how one comment has lead to me apparently comparing one set of players to another. Next time quote me so I can get a notification for the slap on the bum from you, naughty naughty.
It’s a comment in regards to the gossip, for example we all know the bloke up north has had three strikes but is still allowed to play, but do we all run around wetting our knickers telling everyone?

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

asiu wrote: Sat 07 Sep 2019 12:32pm having my eyebrows mown
is a joy in my life
You're a lady- personal grooming is one of your gender's habits :lol:

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
asiu
Saintsational Legend

:)

the sisterhood is my natural fit

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Saintly66 wrote: Sun 08 Sep 2019 11:39am
Scollop wrote: Sat 07 Sep 2019 11:52am "Who cares what they do off field"

Well if you read it again you wouldn’t be asking if it was a question, they usually have one of these “?” After. Don’t get smart when there’s nothing to get smart/pompous about.
I love how one comment has lead to me apparently comparing one set of players to another. Next time quote me so I can get a notification for the slap on the bum from you, naughty naughty.
It’s a comment in regards to the gossip, for example we all know the bloke up north has had three strikes but is still allowed to play, but do we all run around wetting our knickers telling everyone?

Did the bloke up north miss 18 games in his first year for his new club?

Were the members at his new club questioning the bloke who went up north because of the perceived overs he was getting paid and the perception that his off field behaviour was affecting his ability to get his body right?

I think the bloke up north has given tremendous value to the Swans and up until this year was quite durable. Let's hope Hannas can at least repay some of the faith we've shown in getting him to our club