HARLEY BENNELL

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SMS
Club Player

HARLEY BENNELL

We must get him

He is AA Elite
Imagine Bennell and Hill on our wings!!

What have we got to lose??

Nothing. We are a minnow irrelevant club. We wont get anywhere by taking the same old road. We need to take tthese half opportunities that big clubs dont have to.
Its the only way to compete. AND id we havent even condsidered it WE ARE IDIOTS. He has been a naughty kid. His life is on the mend as is his calf. WHOEVER gets this kid will get an AA gun for peanuts!!

GET HIM SAINTS!! got NOTHING TO LOSE!!

Spinking

Re: HARLEY BENNELL

I agree he is worth a punt, provided his body is right. I reckon he will have matured, and be great full for an opportunity to continue his career.

Imagine he will have lost a bit of pace though...

longtimesaint
Club Player

SMS wrote: Sat 21 Sep 2019 4:43pm We must get him

He is AA Elite

Nothing. We are a minnow irrelevant club. We wont get anywhere by taking the same old road. We need to take tthese half opportunities that big clubs dont have to.
Its the only way to compete. AND id we havent even condsidered it WE ARE IDIOTS. He has been a naughty kid. His life is on the mend as is his calf. WHOEVER gets this kid will get an AA gun for peanuts!!

He is adelisted free agent so four clubs would have a pick before us in the rookie draft

One year will be our year
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Bennell, he could keep Hanneberry company in rehab most of the year.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
diddley
Club Player

[/quote]

He is adelisted free agent so four clubs would have a pick before us in the rookie draft
[/quote]
https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-09-21/ ... ird-chance

Working in Bennell's favour are the new player signing options available to clubs.

Any suitors can sign the 26-year-old as a delisted free agent or in the pre-season supplementary selection period as a rookie selection.

The latter would provide a club with the chance to monitor him during summer training before making any commitment.

If you are worried, I think we could sign him up before the draft as a DFA.
Or wait until long after the draft and see how the calves have healed, and his running comes along, and sign him after Christmas if there are any spots left.
I really can't see clubs queuing for his services. A few will ask a few questions. A few will drop out. Only one will remain, if that.

silverhalo
Club Player

He is AA Elite

Absolutely agree with you......if he stuffs up, he's out, but if he stays injury free (apparently they've corrected his calf problem) and keeps his nose clean (just had a child so hopefully more settled now), he would be a MASSIVE MASSIVE pickup...

johnnyrayflamingo
Club Player

No thanks. Bloke is cooked more than a burnt snag.

😎
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Tom Boyd?

Could be a handy second ruck/forward. Would be under a lot less pressure than when he was trying to live up to his kazillion dollar pay check at the Bulldogs.

I think he’s been playing some sort of football this season but admittedly I don’t know how he’s gone.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote: Sat 21 Sep 2019 4:49pm Bennell, he could keep Hanneberry company in rehab most of the year.
is that injury rehab or Amy Winehouse type?

SMS
Club Player

bigcarl wrote: Sun 22 Sep 2019 1:11am Tom Boyd?

Could be a handy second ruck/forward. Would be under a lot less pressure than when he was trying to live up to his kazillion dollar pay check at the Bulldogs.

I think he’s been playing some sort of football this season but admittedly I don’t know how he’s gone.
This is a good idea. Never say Never.

He may have just needed time
out of game and away from some assholes
Maybe Rats and co could convince him

CarlD
Club Player

On Open Mike last week Tom Boyd was adamant that he will never play AFL again. Quite happy to run around in the SANFL and have a bit of fun but that was it. The episode is worth a look.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

CarlD wrote: Sun 22 Sep 2019 9:28am

On Open Mike last week Tom Boyd was adamant that he will never play AFL again. Quite happy to run around in the SANFL and have a bit of fun but that was it. The episode is worth a look.
That’s a shame.

Always thought he was on a hiding to nothing because of the size of his pay check. A ridiculous amount of money for someone who, at the time, was just a beginner. That must have put him under immense pressure.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

He is AA Elite

Can’t recall the season Bennell was AA, when was that?
Guess it was the time he was elite?
How many B&F has he won in a weak club?

Being a #2 pick does not make him elite, just like being a #1 pick doesn’t make Paddy a 100 goal key forward.

Bennell is 26 or 27 and done, wouldn’t touch him.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=99548&hilit=HARLEY+BENNELL

extremely injury prone and a handful off field no thank you is what every club will say to him

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

To Cousins like for me - damaged goods beware!