Brad Crouch

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sanctorum
Club Player

Re: Brad Crouch

degruch wrote: Sun 22 Sep 2019 11:37am
Laurie wrote: Sun 22 Sep 2019 6:36am Geelong will not give up Constable as part of the Stevens trade
Having a look at their midfield on Friday night, if he's any good they'd be mad to give him up. Of course, he's already had a reasonable run in their midfield this year before being omitted, maybe just making sure they get another pre-season in him before a full season in the centre? I think everyone at the Cats would be questioning their semi-retirement home policy.
It has been reported that Charlie Constable, who has only played 7 games in two seasons with the Cats, is unhappy at the lack of opportunities to break into the seniors. He was recruited from the Sandringham Dragons, a happy hunting ground for the Saints. If Constable comes to the Saints it would open the possibility to trade Blake Acres, a player with identical physical stats, to Fremantle as part of the trade to bring Brad Hill to Moorabbin.

I agree that Geelong would be reluctant to let him go but if Constable is in fact determined to leave then a transfer as part of a deal to get Jack Steven to the Cats is certainly not out of the question. It will also be interesting to see if any of Geelong's best midfielders, players ranked ahead of Constable, leave the club through either transfer or retirement - Garry Ablett and Tim Kelly being obvious ones.

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Sanctorum wrote: Sun 22 Sep 2019 12:35pm
degruch wrote: Sun 22 Sep 2019 11:37am
Laurie wrote: Sun 22 Sep 2019 6:36am Geelong will not give up Constable as part of the Stevens trade
Having a look at their midfield on Friday night, if he's any good they'd be mad to give him up. Of course, he's already had a reasonable run in their midfield this year before being omitted, maybe just making sure they get another pre-season in him before a full season in the centre? I think everyone at the Cats would be questioning their semi-retirement home policy.
It has been reported that Charlie Constable, who has only played 7 games in two seasons with the Cats, is unhappy at the lack of opportunities to break into the seniors. He was recruited from the Sandringham Dragons, a happy hunting ground for the Saints. If Constable comes to the Saints it would open the possibility to trade Blake Acres, a player with identical physical stats, to Fremantle as part of the trade to bring Brad Hill to Moorabbin.

I agree that Geelong would be reluctant to let him go but if Constable is in fact determined to leave then a transfer as part of a deal to get Jack Steven to the Cats is certainly not out of the question. It will also be interesting to see if any of Geelong's best midfielders, players ranked ahead of Constable, leave the club through either transfer or retirement - Garry Ablett and Tim Kelly being obvious ones.
I reckon if Kelly goes they'll throw the kitchen sink at Constable, Steven may still be a target for outside run but surely there are other younger guys they'll look towards? As you mentioned, it probably all comes down to individual desires, and once you've been knocked back for a spot in the team it can leave a bad taste.

Selwood will stick around, Gaz will probably get whatever he wants and doesn't appear to be thwarting the development of any youngsters in the forward line. But the Cats looked like perennial finalists on Friday, with no improvement to be seen, I reckon they know it and older recruits may be on the nose. I don't think we suffer the same problem re: Crouch...I'd rather his brother though.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

I cant see Ablett retiring as he is a 'me' first player, although he should because he is cooked. He was sooking it up not making the All Australian side, thats not some one thinking they are near the end.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote: Sun 22 Sep 2019 12:24pm Pffft...planning to do anything about any reports this time?
Nothing reported.

And a fair warning provided.

Enough for now.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote: Sun 22 Sep 2019 12:07pm
st.byron wrote: Sun 22 Sep 2019 10:45am
johnnyrayflamingo wrote: Sun 22 Sep 2019 9:00am
st.byron wrote: Sun 22 Sep 2019 4:41am
johnnyrayflamingo wrote: Sat 21 Sep 2019 10:40pm Mega deal in the works. Its between us, Suns and Crows.

Getting a bloke that averaged 30 touches in 2019 would be handy.
Look at me. Look at me. I’m an ITK.
Can we just stick to the topic of conversation please. It makes for a more harmonious forum when its members do so.

What is an ITK anyway St.Bryan?
Can you just post a link to your source instead of constantly making out you’re party to inside information.

Something like this for example :

“Brad Crouch being shopped around. Saints a possibility.”
Then post the link to the article.

You’ll get a lot more respect if you stop puffing yourself up. Your just a baiter Ted. You know very well what an ITK is. Carry on with this crap if you like. Won’t be too long before you’re banned.
Leopards don’t change their spots and just their nics?

Please report any baiting or trolling for assessment rather than taking matters into your own hands.

Acting as an ITK on a regular basis when just passing on information read in media without quoting the actual media source (and pretending to have some form of exclusive inside source) can certainly be deemed to be deliberate inflammatory behaviour (given prior record) and would definitely qualify as trolling.
Yep fair call. Thanks Simon.

johnnyrayflamingo
Club Player

Brad Crouch would be our best true onballer if we got him. We should be moving heaven and earth to get him in. I am not counting Hill and Billings as they are not true onballers. Crouch is better than Ross, Steele, Dunstan, Gresham, Hannebery and Steven in the middle.

So why the hell aren't we offering Crouch and the Crows a deal too good to refuse?

Watch this space!

😎
Pundit
Club Player

Would the Cats make a play for couch if they lose Kelly?

Spinking

johnnyrayflamingo wrote: Sun 22 Sep 2019 8:25pm Brad Crouch would be our best true onballer if we got him. We should be moving heaven and earth to get him in. I am not counting Hill and Billings as they are not true onballers. Crouch is better than Ross, Steele, Dunstan, Gresham, Hannebery and Steven in the middle.

So why the hell aren't we offering Crouch and the Crows a deal too good to refuse?

Watch this space!
Agree, but what could we put together to offer the Crows? Going to have next to no picks left this year if we sign half the players we are linked to. Maybe next year’s first, but I’m not sure whether we are allowed to do that. Could be a player, but as you point out, he is more valuable than anyone we would wantto deal...

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

johnnyrayflamingo wrote: Sun 22 Sep 2019 8:25pm Brad Crouch would be our best true onballer if we got him. We should be moving heaven and earth to get him in. I am not counting Hill and Billings as they are not true onballers. Crouch is better than Ross, Steele, Dunstan, Gresham, Hannebery and Steven in the middle.

Watch this space!
Your post is inconsistent... are you saying we’re going to offer him something in the future? Or that we’ve offered him something but it’s not much?

Exactly what is your source saying or do I have to google it myself?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I have no inside knowledge but I can't see Crouch coming to us.

It's not going to happen

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
johnnyrayflamingo
Club Player

Spinking wrote: Sun 22 Sep 2019 9:08pm

Watch this space!
Agree, but what could we put together to offer the Crows? Going to have next to no picks left this year if we sign half the players we are linked to. Maybe next year’s first, but I’m not sure whether we are allowed to do that. Could be a player, but as you point out, he is more valuable than anyone we would wantto deal...
Offer Crows our next years first rounder or they lose him to FA. Easy choice if I was a Crows staffer I reckon. Crows are looking to turn the club list over anyway. Chuck in Luke Dunstan as the steak knives. To even get a 2nd round pick back off the Crows would be nice.
Last edited by johnnyrayflamingo on Sun 22 Sep 2019 9:29pm, edited 2 times in total.

😎
johnnyrayflamingo
Club Player

skeptic wrote: Sun 22 Sep 2019 9:09pm

Watch this space!
Your post is inconsistent... are you saying we’re going to offer him something in the future? Or that we’ve offered him something but it’s not much?

Loose lips sinks ships poster Skeptic.

<warning issued for trolling by pretending to be an ITK>

😎
Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Jack is probably our best player and Constable is not in their best 22.

If they're not prepared to trade Constable, they cannot be serious about wanting Jack.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

johnnyrayflamingo wrote: Sun 22 Sep 2019 9:28pm

Watch this space!

Then you should shut up about it

johnnyrayflamingo
Club Player

skeptic wrote: Sun 22 Sep 2019 10:26pm

Watch this space!

About what?
That's a bit mean.

😎
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

johnnyrayflamingo wrote: Sun 22 Sep 2019 10:35pm
skeptic wrote: Sun 22 Sep 2019 10:26pm

Watch this space!

About what?
That's a bit mean.
If it’s a secret stop compromising the club

Poor form

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Leave Ted alone. If he wants to repeat rumours on here that he's picked up somewhere on the internet, he should be allowed.

Nee!
johnnyrayflamingo
Club Player

Just helping out some Saints fans here. Cor Blimey!

😎
linmarnic
Club Player

johnnyrayflamingo wrote: Mon 23 Sep 2019 9:08am Just helping out some Saints fans here. Cor Blimey!
Cheers Ted. I like coming here to see the latest trade news rather than search all over the net.

Never give up
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

linmarnic wrote: Mon 23 Sep 2019 9:27am
johnnyrayflamingo wrote: Mon 23 Sep 2019 9:08am Just helping out some Saints fans here. Cor Blimey!
Cheers Ted. I like coming here to see the latest trade news rather than search all over the net.
you must be a fan of fake news

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

I think most people would agree that posting a summary of news and a link to the article is well received by members of this forum.

When summary is posted without link the actual message of the article can be somewhat blurred as it is the writers interpretation of what they have read.

Posting a link removes ambiguity and allows forum members to enjoy the article in its entirety.

This of course does not sit well with some members of the forum as it removes their ability to pretend to have access to club inside information.

A couple of old posters using this style were parkeysainter & tedtheodorelogan2018. It’s fair to suggest flamingo posts in a strikingly similar manner to the above two departed forum members.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
corr blimey
Club Player

You called?

Word is that Aidan Corr wants to play for the Saints.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Look at me. Look at me. I’m an ITK.
don’t look at him !!
:P

Look at me. Look at me. I’m a seagull.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
takeaway
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Mon 23 Sep 2019 11:57am
I think most people would agree that posting a summary of news and a link to the article is well received by members of this forum.

When summary is posted without link the actual message of the article can be somewhat blurred as it is the writers interpretation of what they have read.

Posting a link removes ambiguity and allows forum members to enjoy the article in its entirety.

This of course does not sit well with some members of the forum as it removes their ability to pretend to have access to club inside information.

A couple of old posters using this style were parkeysainter & tedtheodorelogan2018. It’s fair to suggest flamingo posts in a strikingly similar manner to the above two departed forum members.
Some might prefer the link, but others not that concerned about it. The post provides the rumour/news/ etc, and if the forumite wants to find out more, quite easy to check. If the forumite thinks it is rubbish, as are a lot of the media reports as well, just ignore it.
What if JRF posts the info using his array of contacts before the media does, should he state source=private?

Anyway, keep it going JRF - Just Reporting Facts.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

If I read or hear anything about a trade or any other Saints news, I try and provide a source.

I think that's standard practice and it's also good courtesy.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.