BRANDON WHITE

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Viscount Jeremiah
Club Player

Re: BRANDON WHITE

His non selection really didn't make sense.

Would love someone to explain the real reasons behind it

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote: Fri 27 Sep 2019 9:31pm https://www.saints.com.au/news/2019-09- ... st-fairest

FAIR DINKUM

What a joke.

IMHO Brandon White is a better footballer than Jake Lever
And this is where I stopped reading.

Better than Jake Lever?

LMAO 😂

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Fri 27 Sep 2019 10:02pm
barks4eva wrote: Fri 27 Sep 2019 9:31pm https://www.saints.com.au/news/2019-09- ... st-fairest

FAIR DINKUM

What a joke.

Better than Jake Lever?

LMAO 😂
LOL

I stopped taking anything you say seriously after you wrote on here you made a donation of your own money to the Liberal Party.

FAIR F****** DINKUM

What a CHUMP!

:roll:

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Viscount Jeremiah wrote: Fri 27 Sep 2019 10:00pm His non selection really didn't make sense.

Would love someone to explain the real reasons behind it
I’ve always thought the biggest failure of our club is to take these players that come to us as promising juniors, that show promising early form, then do really well in the VFL and simply watch on as they stagnate not playing much AFL games for years.

Ppl really criticise our drafting but I’ve struggled with the logic that we can get it so consistently wrong doing more or less what everybody else is doing.
There are red flags a plenty going back to the Lyon days regarding our approach to development

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Ahhh winner of the reserves best and fairest the old kiss of death of AFL players

StPeter
Club Player

I would love some explanation from the club for his constant non-selection over the past few years when he has shown so much potential when given a chance.

Surely this year with all the injuries to our half backs it was the time to give him a go. Instead he is given one game when he acquitted himself well despite getting

injured, for which he loses his place in the team and doesn't even make it as an emergency thereafter.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote: Fri 27 Sep 2019 10:18pm
Joffa Burns wrote: Fri 27 Sep 2019 10:02pm

FAIR DINKUM

What a joke.

Better than Jake Lever?

LMAO 😂
LOL

I stopped taking anything you say seriously after you wrote on here you made a donation of your own money to the Liberal Party.

FAIR F****** DINKUM

What a CHUMP!

I apologize for the comment re your post barks4eva.

I would not have written that had I known it would have upset you to this level inciting such an emotive, vitriolic and personal based response.

In future I will try to be more considerate in my posting style.

As a side note and in response to above.... I made business donations to the Liberal party and continue to do so with all donations part of public record. Money very well spent 👍

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Sat 28 Sep 2019 8:03am As a side note and in response to above.... I made business donations to the Liberal party and continue to do so with all donations part of public record. Money very well spent 👍
Geez, I always wondered if anyone less than a multi-billionaire assisted the Nazi's in their war against the Australia people...apparently unemployed Saints fans give them money too! :shock: :lol:

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote: Sat 28 Sep 2019 11:54am
Joffa Burns wrote: Sat 28 Sep 2019 8:03am As a side note and in response to above.... I made business donations to the Liberal party and continue to do so with all donations part of public record. Money very well spent 👍
Geez, I always wondered if anyone less than a multi-billionaire assisted the Nazi's in their war against the Australia people...apparently unemployed Saints fans give them money too! :shock: :lol:
Gold 😂

I may have to give up my unemployed status should the Communist party gain power and revoke Franked Dividend credits.
Last edited by Joffa Burns on Sat 28 Sep 2019 12:13pm, edited 1 time in total.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Sat 28 Sep 2019 12:06pm
degruch wrote: Sat 28 Sep 2019 11:54am
Gold 😂
Hard to top Brandon-White-better-than-Jake-Lever-esque slapstick, but I try...

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Sat 28 Sep 2019 8:03am
I detect about as much sincerity from you as what you'd get from a snake oil salesman.
I would not have written that had I known it would have upset you to this level inciting such an emotive, vitriolic and personal based response.
It did NOT upset me.

Emotive, vitriolic, personal based response... LOL

You've even describe yourself as a <edited by mods>.

Keep it real.
As a side note and in response to above.... I made business donations to the Liberal party and continue to do so with all donations part of public record. Money very well spent 👍
You'd have to be either a chump or a <edited by mods> to donate one cent of your own money to any major political party.

"Australia" is registered as a corporation with a business address in Washington DC.

WTFU

<1 week ban for commenting negatively on another poster / circumventing the swear filter / engaging in an ingoing dispute regarding politics in the Fan Forum>

asiu
Saintsational Legend

all its citizens are corporate entities as well
by registration of birth ?

thats why ya stay away from capital letters as i understand it

admiralty law

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
To the top
SS Life Member

Well, the highest Yield quote for 10 Year Bonds was 16.8% in 1982 - after 7 years of Conservative government

The lowest Yield quote for 10 Year Bonds is under 1%, right now and after 6 years of Conservative government

Please explain?

And where the 10 Year Bond Yield is at, being indicative of the economy, is why people take the risk attaching to equity markets in search of returns - including Franking Credits

The bottom line is people living beyond their means which always ends in tears at some point

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

StPeter wrote: Sat 28 Sep 2019 1:35am I would love some explanation from the club for his constant non-selection over the past few years when he has shown so much potential when given a chance.

Surely this year with all the injuries to our half backs it was the time to give him a go. Instead he is given one game when he acquitted himself well despite getting

injured, for which he loses his place in the team and doesn't even make it as an emergency thereafter.
Precisely.

Brandon White was in the best players for Sandringham almost every week, wins the Sandringham B&F and somehow in a season with so many injuries to players on the half back line, he is routinely ignored.

Winning the Sandringham B&F is evidence enough of his worthiness to have been given more opportunities.

Zero selection integrity and especially so when you have an underperforming player like Jack Newnes who played 123 consecutive games.

Mind boggling in the extreme.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote: Sat 28 Sep 2019 12:30pm Well, the highest Yield quote for 10 Year Bonds was 16.8% in 1982 - after 7 years of Conservative government

The lowest Yield quote for 10 Year Bonds is under 1%, right now and after 6 years of Conservative government

Please explain?

And where the 10 Year Bond Yield is at, being indicative of the economy, is why people take the risk attaching to equity markets in search of returns - including Franking Credits

The bottom line is people living beyond their means which always ends in tears at some point
People living beyond their means also driven by flat line wages growth over the last few years mainly due to globalisation and local population growth experiment. Labour just ain’t got enough scarcity value.

Neoliberlism is a bipartisan policy.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote: Sat 28 Sep 2019 12:23pm
Joffa Burns wrote: Sat 28 Sep 2019 8:03am
I detect about as much sincerity from you as what you'd get from a snake oil salesman.
It did NOT upset me.

Emotive, vitriolic, personal based response... LOL

You've even describe yourself as a <edited by mods>

Keep it real.
You'd have to be either a chump or a <edited by mods> to donate one cent of your own money to any major political party.

"Australia" is registered as a corporation with a business address in Washington DC.

WTFU
Unsure of the meaning of the WTFU acronym, but the rest of your post is certainly quite emotive for a person who was not upset and I would think that <edited by mods> & Chump references are boardering on personal, but each to their own.

Again I apologize for laughing at your post stating that in your opinion Brandon White was a better footballer than Jake Lever. Perhaps I should have directed my mirth to the Melbourne Football Club who gave up two first round draft picks (whilst getting a tiny bit of spare change) for Jake Lever.

Perhaps we can offer them White now and see if they will come to the party with say their first rounder, that should be a bargain given what they paid for a lesser player only two years ago.

No doubt White has been treated poorly only knocking up 11 matches while Lever who is nine months older has played 75 while missing a full season with a knee reco.

But who am I to judge talent? I have no clue!!!

For example I couldn't even see that Michael Rix was an AFL player let alone a guy that rocked rux so I acknowledge my short comings.

None the less carry on not being offended and not making personal jibes and I will do the same :lol:

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

It's quite interesting that we've not heard anything about White or Rice. I don't know whether that means a club / clubs may have interest or StK cannot decide to keep one, both or either as they wait to see what happens with McKenzie and Newnes.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

i thought it was a bit odd
with their ... 6 Saints to watch , upload

white didn’t get a mention

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Sat 28 Sep 2019 3:25pm
Unsure of the meaning of the WTFU acronym, but the rest of your post is certainly quite emotive for a person who was not upset and I would think that <edited by mods>& Chump references are boardering on personal, but each to their own.
Anyone who donates their own money to a major political party is either a brainwashed chump or a <edited by mods> OR BOTH. You've even described yourself on here a few times as a <edited by mods> in your own words.
Again I apologize for laughing at your post stating that in your opinion Brandon White was a better footballer than Jake Lever. Perhaps I should have directed my mirth to the Melbourne Football Club who gave up two first round draft picks (whilst getting a tiny bit of spare change) for Jake Lever.

Perhaps we can offer them White now and see if they will come to the party with say their first rounder, that should be a bargain given what they paid for a lesser player only two years ago.

No doubt White has been treated poorly only knocking up 11 matches while Lever who is nine months older has played 75 while missing a full season with a knee reco.

Your apologies are meaningless to me.
Save them for yourself for being a chump and donating your own money to a major political party.

Not only do you have no clue, you're extremely laterally challenged and obviously a bit simple minded.

You seem very confused so let me help to clear things up for you.

How many goals has JACK Riewoldt kicked for St.kilda?

None because he plays for Richmond.

Why does he play for Richmond and not St kilda?

Because the St.kilda football department at the time made the ridiculous decision to select David Armitage instead of Jack Riewoldt.

I know I was pissed off with this call.

Anyway the point here is football department's make horrendous calls.

You, yourself have been critical lately about the decision to recruit Paddy Ryder.
You've been calling him a "has been" which is poor form on your part in my opinion.
You could write you think it's an atrocious decision, he's cooked, past his prime etc... but to call him a has been is a bit offensive and particularly so as you feign indignation about yourself being labelled as a chump for donating your own money to a major political party.

Perhaps Brandon White is a better footballer than Jake Lever, maybe he's not.
I have the feeling given the opportunity Brandon White could be at the very least the equal of Jake Lever.

You are basing your above sarcastic drivel on outcomes relating to decisions made by football department's.

Melbourne, for example IMHO are a club who make horrendous calls... I felt from day one that Simon Goodwin is a dud coach... no doubt one could counter they made a Preliminary Final in 2018... but it's my opinion he is not a good coach. Now they've gone and appointed Alan Richardson as director of coaching which in my opinion is another ridiculous decision made by their football club.
Melbourne gave up two first round selections for Jake Lever and you leverage this decision made by their football department to justify and apparently had weight to your laterally challenged and simplistic view.
I think two first rounders for Jake Lever is another stupid call.

Anyway, let me get this straight.
On the one hand your appalled by the decisions of a football department to recruit Paddy Ryder, but you'll use the decisions made by another football department as evidence to support your simplistic nonsense.

I assert that the St.kilda football department is making a huge mistake in undervaluing Brandon White and not providing him a fair dinkum fair go. Brandon White can not deliver if he is not given opportunities to do so. White, for his part won the Sandringham B&F and was in the best players almost every week this year and still he was not selected.
I take the view that this is a massive mistake, just like you take the view the recruitment of Paddy Ryder is a massive mistake.
Yet somehow you amazingly use decisions made by football department's as the be all and end all of your argument, while being openly critical of other calls made by the St.kilda football department.

If in your view the St.kilda football department is making very dumb decisions to recruit Ryder, Kent etc... then how the F*** can you then assume they have made the right calls on Brandon White and argue the case accordingly ?

I couldn't even see that Michael Rix was an AFL player let alone a guy that rocked rux so I acknowledge my short comings.
To be perfectly clear... I was being jocular, having a laugh and I did not rate Michael Rix as a footballer.
I was calling him a future All Australian ruckman etc... I was taking the piss!
I only wanted him selected at the time because Jason Blake was being destroyed in the ruck and in 2006 the St.kilda midfield was suffering as a result.
Rix could compete well at ruck contests and that was about it.
Due to decisions made by the football department, St.kilda were light on for a quality ruckman at the time.
In Robert Harvey's record breaking game against Geelong, St.kilda lost the hit outs to advantage 17-0, conceded around nine goals from direct hit outs to advantage and lost the game by three goals.

Very easy to discredit when you completely disregard context.

And back to you donating your own money to a major political party.
Australia is a registered corporation with a business address in Washington DC.
Obviously the ramifications of this goes completely over your head!
But hey, it's not like you're Robinson Crusoe.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Sun 29 Sep 2019 11:16am i thought it was a bit odd

Brandon White wins Sandringham's B & F and it's still nothing to see here.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Tony 74

please explain

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote: Sun 29 Sep 2019 1:55pm
asiu wrote: Sun 29 Sep 2019 11:16am i thought it was a bit odd

Brandon White wins Sandringham's B & F and it's still nothing to see here.
Well he shared it actually, with a VFL registered footballer, in a team that went mostly unsupported by AFL standard footballers. No doubt, he might have been given a better run at AFL level but he didnt. The reason for this may be deeper than VFL form. I hope he gets another chance in 2020. I think he can play.
Anyone heard any rumours about club's willing to take him on? He may have to go to the draft to get his shot?

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Barks and Joffa - please stop the swearing and the name calling and the political jibes ... Just stick to footy.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Brandon White needs to be a more professional athlete

Very different player to Leaver who is a 195cm intercept defender

White is a 188cm QB defender

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote: Sun 29 Sep 2019 1:50pm
Joffa Burns wrote: Sat 28 Sep 2019 3:25pm
Unsure of the meaning of the WTFU acronym, but the rest of your post is certainly quite emotive for a person who was not upset and I would think that <edited by mods>& Chump references are boardering on personal, but each to their own.
Anyone who donates their own money to a major political party is either a brainwashed chump or a <edited by mods> OR BOTH. You've even described yourself on here a few times as a <edited by mods> in your own words.

Your apologies are meaningless to me.
Save them for yourself for being a chump and donating your own money to a major political party.

Not only do you have no clue, you're extremely laterally challenged and obviously a bit simple minded.

You seem very confused so let me help to clear things up for you.

How many goals has JACK Riewoldt kicked for St.kilda?

None because he plays for Richmond.

Why does he play for Richmond and not St kilda?

Because the St.kilda football department at the time made the ridiculous decision to select David Armitage instead of Jack Riewoldt.

I know I was pissed off with this call.

Anyway the point here is football department's make horrendous calls.

You, yourself have been critical lately about the decision to recruit Paddy Ryder.
You've been calling him a "has been" which is poor form on your part in my opinion.
You could write you think it's an atrocious decision, he's cooked, past his prime etc... but to call him a has been is a bit offensive and particularly so as you feign indignation about yourself being labelled as a chump for donating your own money to a major political party.

Perhaps Brandon White is a better footballer than Jake Lever, maybe he's not.
I have the feeling given the opportunity Brandon White could be at the very least the equal of Jake Lever.

You are basing your above sarcastic drivel on outcomes relating to decisions made by football department's.

Melbourne, for example IMHO are a club who make horrendous calls... I felt from day one that Simon Goodwin is a dud coach... no doubt one could counter they made a Preliminary Final in 2018... but it's my opinion he is not a good coach. Now they've gone and appointed Alan Richardson as director of coaching which in my opinion is another ridiculous decision made by their football club.
Melbourne gave up two first round selections for Jake Lever and you leverage this decision made by their football department to justify and apparently had weight to your laterally challenged and simplistic view.
I think two first rounders for Jake Lever is another stupid call.

Anyway, let me get this straight.
On the one hand your appalled by the decisions of a football department to recruit Paddy Ryder, but you'll use the decisions made by another football department as evidence to support your simplistic nonsense.

I assert that the St.kilda football department is making a huge mistake in undervaluing Brandon White and not providing him a fair dinkum fair go. Brandon White can not deliver if he is not given opportunities to do so. White, for his part won the Sandringham B&F and was in the best players almost every week this year and still he was not selected.
I take the view that this is a massive mistake, just like you take the view the recruitment of Paddy Ryder is a massive mistake.
Yet somehow you amazingly use decisions made by football department's as the be all and end all of your argument, while being openly critical of other calls made by the St.kilda football department.

If in your view the St.kilda football department is making very dumb decisions to recruit Ryder, Kent etc... then how the F*** can you then assume they have made the right calls on Brandon White and argue the case accordingly ?

I couldn't even see that Michael Rix was an AFL player let alone a guy that rocked rux so I acknowledge my short comings.
To be perfectly clear... I was being jocular, having a laugh and I did not rate Michael Rix as a footballer.
I was calling him a future All Australian ruckman etc... I was taking the piss!
I only wanted him selected at the time because Jason Blake was being destroyed in the ruck and in 2006 the St.kilda midfield was suffering as a result.
Rix could compete well at ruck contests and that was about it.
Due to decisions made by the football department, St.kilda were light on for a quality ruckman at the time.
In Robert Harvey's record breaking game against Geelong, St.kilda lost the hit outs to advantage 17-0, conceded around nine goals from direct hit outs to advantage and lost the game by three goals.

Very easy to discredit when you completely disregard context.

And back to you donating your own money to a major political party.
Australia is a registered corporation with a business address in Washington DC.
Obviously the ramifications of this goes completely over your head!
But hey, it's not like you're Robinson Crusoe.
If referring to someone as a Brainwashed Chump, CU the following Tuesday, Laterally challenged, Purveyor of simplistic views & has no clue is not getting personal, perhaps you can inform me when the personal insult line is actually crossed :lol:

Whilst I will not revert to above type response , I am happy to engage in reasonable debate on the football content to which we disagree.
barks4eva wrote: Sun 29 Sep 2019 1:50pm If in your view the St.kilda football department is making very dumb decisions to recruit Ryder, Kent etc... then how the F*** can you then assume they have made the right calls on Brandon White and argue the case accordingly ?Brandon White not being played at AFL level.
I'm starting to understand that veracity is not the strongest component of your input.
I have not stated an opinion supporting either White or the club regarding his selection or non selection at AFL level. I stand by my opinion on Ryder being a has been and Kent a fringe player who was not worth a 3 year contract. How do you link my opinion on Kent & Ryder to being supportive of White not selected at AFL level? I'm at a loss to connect the dots.

Brandon White > Jake Lever
I do however hold the opinion that Brandon White is not a better footballer than Jake Lever.
I base this opinion on the following:
- Lever is a rising star nominee
- Lever was named in AA 40 man squad
- Lever is 3 X AA U22 AFL team
- Lever is 9 months older than White and has played 75 games compared to Whites 11, despite missing a full season with a knee reco
- Lever was reportedly chased by up to 6 Melbourne based clubs
- Lever was swapped to Melbourne for 2 X first round draft picks and reportedly on $800K, I will take a wild guess that White isn't on half of that, would be lucky to be on a 1/4.
- Lever played in a GF, White can't break into a saints team that finished bottom 4 missing first choice small /medium backs Geary, Webster & Roberton amongst others
- Lever would walk into any AFL team starting line up
- Lever is bigger, more athletic and a better player

You think White is better and I'd enjoy reading the rationale behind your opinion.

Michael Rix
- I think Michael Rix was a good solid VFL ruckman
- I thought he was servicable in his 20 odd games at the Saints
- I did not think Rix was an AFL standard ruckman, particularly for an emerging team wanting to go deep into finals.
- I did not think that Rix rocked rux
- I do acknoledge he was a big, well built, handsome man

I understand you were his biggest fan, but couldn't comprehend from his performance why you felt so strongly about him and how he rocked rux.

I look forward to your feedback on the football matters!