Bruce Requests trade to Dogs

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

goods
Club Player

Re: Bruce Requests trade to Dogs

Bruce was told during his review to go look? he looks and finds, now we match the offer? sounds like his agent is repping him well

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I think our sub-standard facilities were covered well in the Final Story on that draw...

I still think there are diminishing returns when it comes to expenditure on facilities etc.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

So what happened to the original talk of St Kilda only entertaining a trade for Bruce because they were presented with an offer too good to refuse?

Rubyjo
Club Player

Should I stay or should I go now.... Think you should stay because we love you and we should give you a 3 year contract at 600 per year..

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Beno88 wrote: Thu 03 Oct 2019 1:19pm So what happened to the original talk of St Kilda only entertaining a trade for Bruce because they were presented with an offer too good to refuse?

Well I guess we find out by next Weds ;)

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
ace
Saintsational Legend

Josh Bruce - The mongrels would like to get away with only giving up pick 32 worth 584 points for Bruce, they would not even contemplate pick 13 worth 1212.
But what about pick 19 or 20 worth 931 points.
That is what they have in pick 32 AND pick 45 worth 584 and 347.
Or may pick pick 32 AND pick 53 worth 584 and 233 points = 817 points that's pick 23 (815 points).

The inability of past recruitment to stay within their budget and then still squander those opportunities has resulted in St Kilda being in virtual permanent draft debt.
Every year there is little draft picks left in the present year.
We need draft picks as currency.
Josh Bruce is what we have to pay to clear some of Trout's draft debt.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

I’m not so sure about adding up points to equate the value of draft picks. I don’t think 32 and 45 are equal in value to 19 or 20.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Tue 08 Oct 2019 8:29am I’m not so sure about adding up points to equate the value of draft picks. I don’t think 32 and 45 are equal in value to 19 or 20.
I see where you're coming from St Byron, it certainly isn't a definitive science but in the absence of one in a subjective setting it's the best available.

It is likely picks 32 & 45 combined have played a similar amount of games as pick 19. However it is also likely the quality of games played by pick 19 are better & it is certainly likely the depth of choice is better.

It would be great to be back in at least rounds 2 & 3 especially if we are out of round 1 & likely to be missing out round 1 in the 2020 draft.

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

A week or so on it still staggers me that this is more and more likely to happen

If you doubt how good Josh can be go back and watch his highlights from the NM game in Hobart.

Players who can rip a game apart like that do not grow on trees, and just remember that max king has played what 3.5 vfl games and we expect .....

If you want further proof on how important Josh is go to the afl stats page and compare Josh to Jack Darling , he stacks up ok.

Fqf

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
longtimesaint
Club Player

Also watch the second Melbourne game and the Freo one where we wouldn’t have won either of those without Bruce.

One year will be our year
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Yep he’s a workhorse power forward. Not many 27yo 100+ game 197cm 100kg Key Forwards with a huge tank who can take a contested mark around.

damienc
Club Player

terry smith rules wrote: Wed 09 Oct 2019 2:17pm A week or so on it still staggers me that this is more and more likely to happen

If you doubt how good Josh can be go back and watch his highlights from the NM game in Hobart.

Players who can rip a game apart like that do not grow on trees, and just remember that max king has played what 3.5 vfl games and we expect .....

If you want further proof on how important Josh is go to the afl stats page and compare Josh to Jack Darling , he stacks up ok.

Fqf
Sure. Only problem is Josh requested a trade to the Dogs who offered him four years.

And their premiership window is a lot closer than ours.

Are you saying we should have matched that offer? Even if we did he would probably still want to leave.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Wed 09 Oct 2019 7:42pm Yep he’s a workhorse power forward. Not many 27yo 100+ game 197cm 100kg Key Forwards with a huge tank who can take a contested mark around.
He WANTS to go

saint4life
damienc
Club Player

There seems to me to be an underlying implication, in some of the posts here, that Josh Bruce was forced out.

There is little or no evidence to support this contention. In fact the opposite is the case.

The club has said he is a much wanted player. However, the Dogs offered him four years and the opportunity to possibly play in a premiership team.

I think it is a case of good opportunity presented itself and Josh decided to jump at it. In some ways you can't blame him.

Even if we matched what the Bulldogs were offering, I very much doubt if Brucey would have stayed.

Sometimes you just have to let the good ones go even if you don't like or want it to happen.

footynut
Club Player

That's all fine however, if they want him they need to pay for him. Consider that over the last 2 years he has produced more than Joe Danaher, so we must demand at least a 1st round pick.

Plus it gives King time to develop & not have the number 1 defender

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Are we conceding that he cannot win a premiership at StK? Yet can at the dogs??

I suppose with Josh and Keath fixing up their weakness, they are a chance?

But, WC, Coll, Rich, Brisbane and GWS might have something to say about that?

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Wasn’t it mentioned in his exit meeting that if he wants to go elsewhere and break his contract, StK would accomodate it, if it was a good deal?

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

damienc wrote: Wed 09 Oct 2019 8:01pm There seems to me to be an underlying implication, in some of the posts here, that Josh Bruce was forced out.

There is little or no evidence to support this contention. In fact the opposite is the case.

The club has said he is a much wanted player. However, the Dogs offered him four years and the opportunity to possibly play in a premiership team.

I think it is a case of good opportunity presented itself and Josh decided to jump at it. In some ways you can't blame him.

Even if we matched what the Bulldogs were offering, I very much doubt if Brucey would have stayed.

Sometimes you just have to let the good ones go even if you don't like or want it to happen.
It wasn’t so much underlying. T74 came on and posted that was essentially the picture.

damienc
Club Player

B.M wrote: Wed 09 Oct 2019 9:30pm Are we conceding that he cannot win a premiership at StK? Yet can at the dogs??

I suppose with Josh and Keath fixing up their weakness, they are a chance?

But, WC, Coll, Rich, Brisbane and GWS might have something to say about that?
Aaah No. What I said was the Dogs are probably ahead of us in terms of premiership windows.

kalsaint
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Tue 01 Oct 2019 1:35am
terry smith rules wrote: Fri 27 Sep 2019 10:45am
tony74 wrote: Fri 27 Sep 2019 6:54am FYI. Josh was not one of the more popular members of the playing group. I’m sorry I’m not going to further expand on that but just trying to give you some reason for his movement.
With respect and I understand that you have some “ credibility “ on this site , but this post is disgraceful

What you have done is come on here and slandered a much loved (by supporters ) saint, without supplying a hint of information just innuendo.

In many workplaces you would be the one considered toxic for spreading gossip and rumour.

It also screams of “look at me “ I am in the “know” and you are not.

If I ran the club and knew that you had said this it would be you out the door.

Fqf
+1
I happen to agree with TS as this is just a forum for opinions. When has credibility been important in any forum particularly when social media plays a big past?

I am not sure his comment is correct but the club will do what they need to do to balance the culture, team balance and cohesion plus the skills needed to get the job done in trade period.

Not sure the "screams at me" comment is any better than chastising him for that. Just a thought.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
kalsaint
Club Player

kalsaint wrote: Wed 09 Oct 2019 10:24pm
Scollop wrote: Tue 01 Oct 2019 1:35am
terry smith rules wrote: Fri 27 Sep 2019 10:45am
tony74 wrote: Fri 27 Sep 2019 6:54am FYI. Josh was not one of the more popular members of the playing group. I’m sorry I’m not going to further expand on that but just trying to give you some reason for his movement.
With respect and I understand that you have some “ credibility “ on this site , but this post is disgraceful

What you have done is come on here and slandered a much loved (by supporters ) saint, without supplying a hint of information just innuendo.

In many workplaces you would be the one considered toxic for spreading gossip and rumour.

It also screams of “look at me “ I am in the “know” and you are not.

If I ran the club and knew that you had said this it would be you out the door.

Fqf
+1
I happen to agree with TS as this is just a forum for opinions. When has credibility been important in any forum particularly when social media plays a big past?

I am not sure his comment is correct but the club will do what they need to do to balance the culture, team balance and cohesion plus the skills needed to get the job done in trade period.

Not sure the "screams at me" comment is any better than chastising him for that. Just a thought.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Starting to feel like we need a decent pick for Bruce now to get all these trades done.

Moved from it would be a great get (a good draft pick) to now a necessity!

ace
Saintsational Legend

The mongrels won't part with pick 13 (1,212 points) for Josh Bruce and St Kilda is never going to accept pick 32 (584 points).
Pick 32 (584 points) plus one of 45 (347 points), 51 (259 points), 53 (233 points) were possibilities
Add pick 45 total is 931 points = pick 19/20, add pick 51 total is 843 points = pick 22 or add pick 53 total is 817 points = pick 23

But now another possibility opens up
We swap out pick 18 (985 points) for pick 13 (1,212 points) along with pick 32 (584points) the total is (811points) = pick 23
Then add in pick 53 (233 points) the total is (1,044points) = pick 16/17
Much more reasonable.
Leaves us with picks 12, 13, 32, 53 to get the rest of the business done.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08
Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Personally I'd rather keep Bruce than Carslile.

Any ideas what is considered a fair draft pick for both of these guys?

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Fri 27 Sep 2019 5:06pm I didn't like his moustache
That still made me snort beer through my nose reading it a year on. Thank you Fireman!