Marshall over the moon

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Secret Kiel
Club Player

Re: Marshall over the moon

Joffa Burns wrote: Tue 12 Nov 2019 10:56am
Secret Kiel wrote: Tue 12 Nov 2019 8:29am
Joffa Burns wrote: Tue 12 Nov 2019 8:11am
Secret Kiel wrote: Mon 11 Nov 2019 7:44pm Old school Saints thinking. I don't care if you were there when Max was conceived. If Max get's a game purely because he's remotely fit and the club are paranoid he'll request a trade then he will be the genesis for this current rebuild failing. Let's hope he earns his spot by pushing a player out of the team otherwise we might as well start talking about sacking Ratts for having double standards and having favourites.
Wow, you really are an extremist aren’t you!

Talk about Ratts getting sacked because of playing favorites and rebuild failing because a couple of us are of the opinion a 206cm highly rated athletic forward will play round 1 if fit.

I guess in your model he plays the season at Sandy because he’s injury prone and fighting Ryder for a spot in the team, guess you can’t get injured at Sandy.

Do you think Bruce would have been traded if King wasn’t in the clubs plans for round 1 and beyond?
Don't get all bent outa shape, but I'm not sure re Bruce being traded but seeing as though you are an ITK maybe you could ask your close family member, or CFM as it will be known from this point forward.
Lol, you write don’t get bent out of shape then proceed to get all salty with your post 😂

ITK - lol again, never been an ITK and never claimed to be, just quoted a family member of the King twins.

Let’s get back on track with the topic, I think Max will play round one as he is in our best two forward KPP options. You think he’s behind Ryder and should be playing most of the season at Sandy.

Let’s agree to disagree 👍
I'm pretty certain if you go back to your salty interjections to my contributions on this thread I think you'll find your claim of, "I know a close family member", which from this point forward will be referred to as IKCFM. Doesn't that make you ITK? If it doesn't make you ITK then why post such cringe-worthy claims.

So back on track with the topic, I stand by my opinion, Max cannot be picked for round 1 because he has to push someone out based on form and a couple of praccy matches won't cut it for a player who hasn't debuted, it's how the new Coach rolls.

Nick_BlueNRG
Club Player

Rubbish.....If Max is fit he plays round 1. Stop with the crap Secret Kiel.

(M)ake (S)t Kilda (S)elf (S)ustainable
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Tue 12 Nov 2019 11:42am
Secret Kiel wrote: Mon 11 Nov 2019 7:44pm Old school Saints thinking. I don't care if you were there when Max was conceived. If Max get's a game purely because he's remotely fit and the club are paranoid he'll request a trade then he will be the genesis for this current rebuild failing. Let's hope he earns his spot by pushing a player out of the team otherwise we might as well start talking about sacking Ratts for having double standards and having favourites.

Talk about Ratts getting sacked because of playing favorites and rebuild failing because a couple of us are of the opinion a 206cm highly rated athletic forward will play round 1 if fit.

I guess in your model he plays the season at Sandy because he’s injury prone and fighting Ryder for a spot in the team, guess you can’t get injured at Sandy.

Do you think Bruce would have been traded if King wasn’t in the clubs plans for round 1 and beyond?
Don't get all bent outa shape, but I'm not sure re Bruce being traded but seeing as though you are an ITK maybe you could ask your close family member, or CFM as it will be known from this point forward.
Lol, you write don’t get bent out of shape then proceed to get all salty with your post 😂

ITK - lol again, never been an ITK and never claimed to be, just quoted a family member of the King twins.

Let’s get back on track with the topic, I think Max will play round one as he is in our best two forward KPP options. You think he’s behind Ryder and should be playing most of the season at Sandy.

I'm pretty certain if you go back to your salty interjections to my contributions on this thread I think you'll find your claim of, "I know a close family member", which from this point forward will be referred to as IKCFM. Doesn't that make you ITK? If it doesn't make you ITK then why post such cringe-worthy claims.

So back on track with the topic, I stand by my opinion, Max cannot be picked for round 1 because he has to push someone out based on form and a couple of praccy matches won't cut it for a player who hasn't debuted, it's how the new Coach rolls.
Rubbish. Unless he is injured he will play round 1.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel
Club Player

King is being way overrated for guy that hasn't debuted yet. Remarkably some feel he's already become automatic selection.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Tue 12 Nov 2019 1:22pm King is being way overrated for guy that hasn't debuted yet. Remarkably some feel he's already become automatic selection.
He will play let's stop the garbage. He plays round one no doubt about it.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Love the childish acronyms and the made up stories, but don’t let the facts get in the way of your agenda 👍

Show me where I wrote “I know a close family member”?
I wrote source- close family member.
Whether that person is my best friend or if I know his dad or uncle or Grandpa, or whether it was a comment from a close family member I do not know personally in an open social environment was not elaborated upon in my post.

Feel free to critique the accuracy of the comments though and continue to rewrite your own history 😂

Now back on topic, like most here I think Max will play round 1 if fit, you think he is behind Ryder, injury prone, should play most of the season at Sandy.

Happy to hear and debate those thoughts of yours on who will keep Max out of the round 1 team.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Secret Kiel
Club Player

read, comprehend, think, post. My opinion is that if Ryder and King were to both tick off successful pre seasons then Ryder must get selected ahead King based on proven ability at the elite level. What else do the coaches have to go by when they are at the selection table for round 1. And this opinion is also based on knowing there will be an incredible amount of pressure on Ratten to win round 1 as we will be expected to reach finals in 2020 and he hasn't got the luxury of gifting games to young untried players. We are not at the start of a rebuild. We are now an finals capable team.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

gaz hears himself think

wtf has ryder’s selection got to do with kings
besides positioning when resting forward

if this sh1t doesn’t get more interesting
i’ll post my new fave clog dancing video !!

u’ve been warned.

all of you
:P

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Tue 12 Nov 2019 12:56pm

My thoughts exactly. :wink:

Secret Kiel
Club Player

It's a long summer to go yet but we'll get a clearer picture about how we are going to cover for Bruce while we wait for Roo Mk2 to come on. If we start to see Carslile and/or Battle training with the forwards over summer then that could give a clue, probably Battle will draw the short straw because Carslile has always made it known he doesn't like being planted permanently in the forward line. Maybe Jake has matured enough to put team first and would give it a red hot crack if the coach asked. Be the best option as it would allow Battle to keep developing as a defender and Jake is transitioning to the twilight of his career. One thing is for sure though, if we are going to rely on King from round 1 to deliver as a key tall from the get-go and be any chance of reaching finals then things could get ugly early.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Tue 12 Nov 2019 4:01pm It's a long summer to go yet but we'll get a clearer picture about how we are going to cover for Bruce while we wait for Roo Mk2 to come on. If we start to see Carslile and/or Battle training with the forwards over summer then that could give a clue, probably Battle will draw the short straw because Carslile has always made it known he doesn't like being planted permanently in the forward line. Maybe Jake has matured enough to put team first and would give it a red hot crack if the coach asked. Be the best option as it would allow Battle to keep developing as a defender and Jake is transitioning to the twilight of his career. One thing is for sure though, if we are going to rely on King from round 1 to deliver as a key tall from the get-go and be any chance of reaching finals then things could get ugly early.
Give it up for f**** sake. :roll:

King will be a key forward from round one in 2020.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Nick_BlueNRG wrote: Tue 12 Nov 2019 12:43pm Rubbish.....If Max is fit he plays round 1. Stop with the crap Secret Kiel.
What about Bytel?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Where's this pressure to make finals come from? Why is 2020 different in respect of improving and winning as many games as possible? I'd like a season with a percentage north of 100.

I suspect internally they would like to make finals but I doubt that's the expectation externally by the wider football community.

Secret Kiel
Club Player

Is our list not an AFL capable list?

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I think and hope we’re past the area of only playing experienced players regardless of form.

The last 5 years of playing Newnes unconditionally, Weller unconditionally, Hickey and Longer the only choices considered to ruck when fit unconditionally has been dreadful.

Reality is that kids need to play to get better and if they have decent form at Sandy and they earn an opportunity it needs to be given to them even if you know they’re not ready to be consistent top22 performers.

One imagines that if Marshall and Ryder are ruck and forward to begin with, there’s a spot available as a forward. If King demonstrates reasonable fitness and form, he will be considered and be worthy of a go.

Seems like some here would prefer Masten to play over Clarke because we’re ‘aiming for finals’.

Dinosaur way of thinking

Secret Kiel
Club Player

Newnes and Weller are not on the list anymore for a reason. Back when they were on the list there wasn't really anyone pushing them out, that's a completely different story now. If Carslisle trains over summer as a forward he is miles in front of King for round 1. It won't surprise me if this happens. There are more options for tall forwards than we've had in a long time and that is a really good thing for King's development and so if he's getting a game it means he's earn't it.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

carlise happy to go forward

like really happy
coz he’s (been) read the tea leaves

that would certainly upgrade match day capabilities

though not real sure he’d be willing

hmmmm

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Secret Kiel
Club Player

It's a big if we know but people evolve, especially when they are faced with their playing mortality. Battle/Wilkie/Howard weren't a thing 12 months ago.

Shaggy
Club Player

Similar fluff last year:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/new-po ... 52a0a95ade

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/max ... 507bq.html

Marshall, Battle, Carlisle, & Howard can all play forward but are better elsewhere. Carlisle & Howard joined us to stay away from KPF.
Without Bruce it is all about Wynx and Membrey upforward.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Tue 12 Nov 2019 6:05pm There are more options for tall forwards than we've had in a long time and that is a really good thing for King's development and so if he's getting a game it means he's earn't it.
Secret Kiel wrote: Wed 13 Nov 2019 6:32am It's a no from me. We need to urgently stockpile midfielders, other than our other weakness which is tall forwards, we desperately need more depth in the midfield stocks.
You are losing the plot Secret Kiel.

Paddy gone, Bruce gone but you write we now have more tall forward options than we’ve had in a long time and King will need to earn his spot then write our weakness is tall forwards?

I’m confused.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Secret Kiel
Club Player

We have more options to cover tall forwards with temporary options and rotating minutes through the forward line, we don't have options for full time forwards as yet, King who hasn't debuted yet, and as history proves could be less successful than Paddy if luck does't go our way. King will not be a ready made tall forward come round 1, like all tall forwards he will take a good few years to develop. The forward line is a work in progress.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Carslile can’t play forward to save himself.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Do we actually need more than 2 KPFs in the team.
Richmond won a GF with just Riewoldt and then a second premiership with Riewoldt and Lynch.

I get that Membrey is a couple of inches shorter than JR but he plays as a tall - no opposition team covers him with a short defender because of his superior marking ability.
Maybe the plan is to surround 2 talls (and maybe a resting ruck) with a 'mosquito fleet' of crumbers?

barneyboyz
Club Player

Secret Kiel wrote: Tue 12 Nov 2019 1:22pm King is being way overrated for guy that hasn't debuted yet. Remarkably some feel he's already become automatic selection.
Hi SK, expectations might be a little high yes, but the bloke was taken at #4 so rated pretty high (actually by our club, not just SS). The bloke he was going to have to compete with for Rnd. 1 now wears red, white and blue. So King, with the inclusion of Ryder and Marshall will confuse the f@#k out of defenders over the coming years :)

Watch these blokes thrive under Ratts, and in that, watch Ryder be more of the player that he used to be

Now, to just get past this pesky Cricket season...

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink: