Is this the team for round one?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Gershwin
Club Player

Re: Is this the team for round one?

Secret Kiel wrote: Mon 09 Mar 2020 6:16pm
Gershwin wrote: Mon 09 Mar 2020 6:10pm I’m going off Carlisle to be honest. If Roberton and/or Wilkie can hold down CHB and Howard can get to most of the big-man contests with his pace and spoiling then it gives us an advantage in pace and attack from defence. Battle can help King in attack and go back to CHB if necessary.
Four midfielders on the bench helps the emphasis on speed and carry.

Geary, Howard, Wilkie
Clark, Roberton, Long
Hill, Ross, Billings
Battle, King, Butler
Lonie, Membrey, Ryder

Marshall, Steele, Gresham

Dunstan, Hannebery, Jones, Hind
Why are you off Carslile?
Lacks intensity, gives away stupid free kicks, only kicks short. Is a great intercept mark but so are Roberton and Wilkie and they are much smarter footballers.

summertime and the living is easy ........
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Carlisle’s gotta play and will play if fit.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Secret Kiel
Club Player

Gershwin wrote: Mon 09 Mar 2020 10:05pm
Secret Kiel wrote: Mon 09 Mar 2020 6:16pm
Gershwin wrote: Mon 09 Mar 2020 6:10pm I’m going off Carlisle to be honest. If Roberton and/or Wilkie can hold down CHB and Howard can get to most of the big-man contests with his pace and spoiling then it gives us an advantage in pace and attack from defence. Battle can help King in attack and go back to CHB if necessary.
Four midfielders on the bench helps the emphasis on speed and carry.

Geary, Howard, Wilkie
Clark, Roberton, Long
Hill, Ross, Billings
Battle, King, Butler
Lonie, Membrey, Ryder

Marshall, Steele, Gresham

Dunstan, Hannebery, Jones, Hind
Why are you off Carslile?
Lacks intensity, gives away stupid free kicks, only kicks short. Is a great intercept mark but so are Roberton and Wilkie and they are much smarter footballers.
An interesting year coming up for Carlisle. Will he be at the club in 2021. I'm hoping he he is inscenticevised to play out of his skin to either win a new contract with us or his next club. Hopefully Howard doesn't become a recruitment fail and then we lose Jake. Another interesting sub plot to watch.

Sanctorum
Club Player

Secret Kiel wrote: Tue 10 Mar 2020 4:56am
An interesting year coming up for Carlisle. Will he be at the club in 2021. I'm hoping he he is inscenticevised to play out of his skin to either win a new contract with us or his next club. Hopefully Howard doesn't become a recruitment fail and then we lose Jake. Another interesting sub plot to watch.
Suspect you mean Incentivised SK!

Seeing how Jake performs this year is indeed an interesting sub-plot. I might be wrong but he seems to be displaying signs of not being quite right in the head, and if rumours are correct that the club sought to test the market with him at the end of 2019, then that could well be the case especially if no other club showed an interest.

Carlisle pre coming to St Kilda was destined to be a super star, immensely talented and a future leader of the team. But he was a victim of the Essendon drugs saga, and then got himself into further trouble with a social drug issue. It is possible that being featured in the news for the wrong reason has impacted on his self-esteem and sapped his confidence, and that's fully understandable.

I really hope that the club is doing everything possible to support Jake and that he will have a break-out year leading the St Kilda defence because if he does then that will go a long way towards taking the Saints into the 2020 finals!

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Its going to be tough for the selectors. Here's mine, I'm giving Carlisle the nod ahead of Roberton because I think Roberton is a tad underdone in regard to match conditioning.

B: Geary Howard Wilkie

HB: Long Carlisle Clark

C: Hill Dunstan Billings

HF: Butler Membrey Gresham

F: Ryder King Lonie

Rucks: Marshall, Steele
Rover: Ross

Inter: Hannebery; Battle; Jones & Paton

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote: Tue 10 Mar 2020 2:41pm Its going to be tough for the selectors. Here's mine, I'm giving Carlisle the nod ahead of Roberton because I think Roberton is a tad underdone in regard to match conditioning.

Not a bad effort. Webster may be a chance though.

Secret Kiel
Club Player

Sanctorum wrote: Tue 10 Mar 2020 2:24pm
Secret Kiel wrote: Tue 10 Mar 2020 4:56am
Suspect you mean Incentivised SK!

Seeing how Jake performs this year is indeed an interesting sub-plot. I might be wrong but he seems to be displaying signs of not being quite right in the head, and if rumours are correct that the club sought to test the market with him at the end of 2019, then that could well be the case especially if no other club showed an interest.

Carlisle pre coming to St Kilda was destined to be a super star, immensely talented and a future leader of the team. But he was a victim of the Essendon drugs saga, and then got himself into further trouble with a social drug issue. It is possible that being featured in the news for the wrong reason has impacted on his self-esteem and sapped his confidence, and that's fully understandable.

I really hope that the club is doing everything possible to support Jake and that he will have a break-out year leading the St Kilda defence because if he does then that will go a long way towards taking the Saints into the 2020 finals!
Well picked up Sanctorum, gave me a laugh. Yeah let's hope the scent is of the nice smelling type for Jake and his short and long term future.

Agree about being destined to be a super star, I reckon he might of thrived better in a top top 4 club where most things were going his way and the win loss ratio was better.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote: Tue 10 Mar 2020 2:41pm Its going to be tough for the selectors. Here's mine, I'm giving Carlisle the nod ahead of Roberton because I think Roberton is a tad underdone in regard to match conditioning.

Think we’ve picked the same team albeit different positions

Kevin07

B Coffield Wilkie Geary