I want my money back

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Re: I want my money back

deadpool ?

good onya

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

deadpool

i LOVE deadpool

the scene below just ruined me
when i first watched it

Nick_BlueNRG
Club Player

Enrico_Misso wrote: Fri 13 Mar 2020 7:40pm I paid good money for my annual membership (as I have for decades).
But I paid to SEE the games live.

I didn't pay to watch them on TV, or have to pay more for Poxtel.

The pathetic gutless inconsistent limp-wristed decision to ban crowds is a gross over-reaction.

But if they won't let me in because of their pants wetedness.

THEN I WANT A REFUND!!!!!!
No, you can donate it to our club like I am going to do.

(M)ake (S)t Kilda (S)elf (S)ustainable
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Sat 14 Mar 2020 7:34am I'm thinking about running a book on which SS member will die first from COVID-19.

As we know or would agree most SS members are in the high risk category so this could be easy money.

The book is open and bets can be placed right now, do I have any takers. Step right up and try your luck.

Enrico is still good money at $1.80 as there are others expected to go at much shorter odds before the pandemic kicks off here in Oz.
You take the insensitive cake. :roll:

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote: Sat 14 Mar 2020 5:25am
prwilkinson wrote: Fri 13 Mar 2020 10:30pm I always consider my membership/s spend a donation to the club even if I don’t get to too many games that year.
I get this, but also appreciate that for many people this isn't a luxury and shouldn't be treated as one.

The bottom line is that it is a product and you would think that people would be reimbursed in some capacity for lack there of.
That would be fine if the club could afford it, which ours probably can’t. What would be your solution to this?

The club cuts a deal with Kayo for cheap subscriptions?

Future discount on membership?

Whichever way you go, it’s going to cost the club money it can’t afford.

I certainly look at my membership as a donation, but then again I’m financially comfortable. I get that others aren’t. It’s a toughie.
Last edited by bigcarl on Sat 14 Mar 2020 10:42am, edited 1 time in total.

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote: Sat 14 Mar 2020 8:23am Unchecked, this disease has a doubling rate every 5 days. If you know anything about exponential function then it should scare you. Standard flu has a spreadability rate of 1.2. that means each person with the disease will infect 1.2 others. The most reliable figures coming out of South Korea show that it's somewhere between 4.5 and 7. The deadly SARS was 0.8. so you can see where this is heading. Expect around 70% of the population to have been infected by mid June. The complication rate requiring hospitalization is around 10% and those ending up in ICU in that group will be very high. The hospital system will not cope. That's why slowing the rate of infection is so important. We could have half a million people infected within a few weeks

Sent from my LM-X520 using Tapatalk
Around 2 and 1/2 weeks ago, Italy had around 100 confirmed cases.

A fortnight after that i.e a few days ago, they passed 10,000 cases.

With the passing of those 'few days ago', they have now passed ~15,000 cases.

As they passed the 15,000 case mark, they also passed the 1,000 death mark.

A plane load of Chinese medicos, gear and consumables landed in Italy, yesterday. Similar in Spain.

China's case and mortality rate has collapsed, and now they're closing their borders because they're importing more 'positives', than they're generating internally.

The mortality rate in Wuhan was 3.8'ish %. Outside Wuhan it was less than 0.5% and continues to trend down.

Italy's mortality rate began higher than Wuhan, and has continued to rise (you can do 'the math' from the figures above).

South Korea's mortality rate was and is similar to China's OUTSIDE Wuhan.

The US mortality rate (not yet stabilised) is resembling Wuhan's early, and Italy's early.

The mortality rate is an indication of how close 'Patient Zero' (in, say, Italy) was to the original source of the infection. The virus 'adapts' as it passes on 'down the line', and becomes less lethal (that's likely a contributor to South Korea's low mortality rate early doors - I haven't checked more lately, to see if it's moved).

Europe is in big, big trouble, and is now described as the epicentre.

When the Yanks get around to actually testing some people, that might change!

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
asiu
Saintsational Legend

there quite worried about the ‘obeseness’ factor in the States being a huge issue
(as i understand it)

SAINT-LEE
Club Player

If you want to get a refund on your membership ring up and ask. Also delete your account and don't come on here ever again.
Your membership is a club due, you join the club and as a club benefit you get to attend games.
Your membership is supporting your club.
Something bad happens to our club where we could lose millions in revenue and you want your money back?
Piss off and don't come back.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Enrico_Misso wrote: Fri 13 Mar 2020 11:33pm What annoys me is not the money/refund,
but the facts that
- I want to go to the games
- I am totally comfortable with the risk level
- I see the empty stadiums decision as totally over the top and massively inconsistent
Well, then, you're ignorant. I was too for a while. Do a bit of reading as to why these measures are in place and you'll understand why they are necessary.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

The AFL has told clubs to start stripping back on costs and warns that several clubs may face insolvency. I dare say our club may well be in that bracket. Demanding money back on memberships will be just the trick to accelerate that situation.

I say we suck it up and hope that our club survives this crisis. And it is a crisis

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Sat 14 Mar 2020 10:57am there quite worried about the ‘obeseness’ factor in the States being a huge issue
(as i understand it)
True, but it seems the major problem comes from how obesity (or diabetes, and various other 'preexisting conditions') manifests, with hypertension being the major concern, because it makes treating the pneumonia that comes with the COVID-19 "disease" that much harder to treat.

The Yanks face myriad problems, most stemming from the 'economic policies' from Ronnie Raygun on, since the '80's.

Homelessness, for example. The financially precarious e.g. the Appalachias, where life expectancy has been heading south for years, the dominance of private health insurance, and private health care, neglected and maintenance 'absent' collapsing infrastructure, addictions such as opioids (which kills 50K p.a.), shockingly neglected indigenous populations - just like us! (see below), and significant pockets of the 'commentariat' who believe the "Invisible Hand" provides the only 'guidance' necessary. Like this grub;

https://newrepublic.com/article/156817/ ... -tea-party

"The Invisible Hand Wants You Dead
Rick Santelli has apologized for suggesting the populace should be infected with coronavirus, but his sadistic worldview is still a threat."

He de man that inspired the Tea Party, and he operates within the very mainstream NBC network.

On the shocking neglected local indigenous population, a medical professional - https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... lth-crisis

'Mayhem looms just around the corner': diary from the frontline of the coronavirus health crisis...........

We don’t have enough staff or resources, and our remoteness means that help can’t easily be brought in. And who would want to come anyway?.....

We see people dying of preventable disease in their 30s, 40s and 50s. I have been a doctor for over 30 years. I have worked all over the world. These patients are the most ill I have ever looked after.

When Covid-19 hits, we are expecting very high death rates among our vulnerable Aboriginal patients, and there are a lot of them. In the 2009 swine flu pandemic, Indigenous Australians made up 11% of all cases and had a six-fold higher death rate than non-Indigenous Australians. We already know that for Covid-19 older age and pre-existing illnesses are strongly associated with an increased death rate, but that is going to be far from the whole story............."

I suggest anyone who thinks that's not relevant, to this particular discussion, go and voice that opinion to the likes of Brad Hill, Paddy Ryder, Gresh, Parker, Neil Elvis Winmar, Gil McAdam, and so on.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Enrico_Misso wrote: Fri 13 Mar 2020 11:33pm What annoys me is not the money/refund,
but the facts that
- I want to go to the games
- I am totally comfortable with the risk level
- I see the empty stadiums decision as totally over the top and massively inconsistent
Good Oh! You're "totally comfortable with the risk level" that you might become infected.

Have you thought about asking those you might infect, should you become infected, if they're "totally comfortable with THAT risk level"?

Crossy66
Club Player

Moods wrote: Sat 14 Mar 2020 11:36am The AFL has told clubs to start stripping back on costs and warns that several clubs may face insolvency. I dare say our club may well be in that bracket. Demanding money back on memberships will be just the trick to accelerate that situation.

I say we suck it up and hope that our club survives this crisis. And it is a crisis
Probably too early for anyone in an official capacity to comment, need to see how it unfolds.
The membership T's & C's absolve the club from having to reimburse anyone, in the event of fixture changes and cancellations etc. then again lawyers may take a different view.
Also its the government that has banned non essential gatherings of more than 500 people, so the AFL are only complying with that directive, i.e. its not them cancelling games.
Maybe the club offer to rollover the memberships, or the missing portion into next year rather than a reimbursement. That would seem more equitable or palatable.
As far as insolvency goes, I image the AFL will need to take the hit and prop up all the clubs in any case

asiu
Saintsational Legend

ta TOT

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

I think they should cancel the season and draw the name of the Premier out of a hat. Could be our best chance. Then again, with our luck, every name on the 18 pieces of paper could read Saints but the winner drawn out is 7½.

BarryGrogan
Club Player

I don't understand why they need to call the season off.

Who gives a s*** if people aren't there? It matters very little.

Obviously if an entire team's lost goes down with the virus, then it's a problem.

But then realistically they just need to suspend the season for 2 weeks until they're good to go again.

Crossy66
Club Player

So many considerations.
would be interesting to see the channel 7 / Fox contract fine print. They have staff, revenue models, shareholders, Advertisers brownlow night, footy shows, Grand final etc etc. Calling off the entire season would be catastrophic.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote: Sat 14 Mar 2020 9:14am China has taken extreme measures, locking down cities and keeping people in their homes. If you don't take measures, leaving it unchecked, it will spread exponentially

Sadly a lot of people don’t understand maths and exponential growth.

Maybe they need a maths lesson and to think of a vertical slide in reverse.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote: Sat 14 Mar 2020 3:42pm
cwrcyn wrote: Sat 14 Mar 2020 9:14am China has taken extreme measures, locking down cities and keeping people in their homes. If you don't take measures, leaving it unchecked, it will spread exponentially

Sadly a lot of people don’t understand maths and exponential growth.

Maybe they need a maths lesson and to think of a vertical slide in reverse.
A lot of people don't even understand compound interest, SP!

I posted that reference to Italy going from 100 to 10,000 cases in a fortnight, and to 15,000 a few days later, to try and make that point. That's 'top notch' exponential growth!

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

BarryGrogan wrote: Sat 14 Mar 2020 2:52pm I don't understand why they need to call the season off.

Who gives a s*** if people aren't there? It matters very little.

Obviously if an entire team's lost goes down with the virus, then it's a problem.

But then realistically they just need to suspend the season for 2 weeks until they're good to go again.
Twas having a chat with some fellow Saints travellers, a coupla days back.

The player psyches came up. Lots of body contact in the sport, and lots of saliva, sweat, snot and blood flying all about the place, with open gobs and nostrils, and exposed eyeballs immediately adjacent.

To me there's a question as to whether it might be a bit difficult for ALL 22 players to fully commit to ALL the contests. Numerously variable personalities involved in the 22, inevitably meaning they will process and respond to information in various ways.

They ain't robots.

DJ Higgins
Club Player

People seem to forget that it's a flu virus but not a serious one. Yes some old people or unhealthy people will get it and pass away but they are risk of any cold. This strain is highly contagious but not very strong. I have seen multiple interviews where people had the bug and had mild to no symptoms. One asked the doctors to double check as he felt fine and one girl had a sore throat for a day. Bottom line is that a lot of people will get it but the vast majority will experience it as a mild cold. If you are in contact with the elderly then absolutely stay away from them but the rest of us relatively healthy people should be living our normal lives

bigred
Saintsational Legend

I am glad you are comfortable with your excellent immune system and misguided bravado. I hope the people that you pass the virus onto while living your normal life feel the same way.....

As soon as we have a positive player it's all over.

It feels like the AFL is just batshyt desperate to keep the season going.

Once there is an infected player, chances are we have an infected team.

Season over.

The AFL best have pretty deep pockets because quite a few teams may go to the wall. Not just minnows like us where it is a given. Some others are somewhat leveraged to the hilt in many ways and despite big profits will still be financially smashed.

Your membership for 2020 is a donation.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
asiu
Saintsational Legend

As soon as we have a positive player it's all over.
that.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Re; the risk ...
We are all getting older, and this new virus will be around from now on. It's not going away.

And this year, we will be soon entering our winter flu season here in Australia

Even if we happen to be in the low-risk age group - we all have parents, uncles, grandparents, etc... that are in the high risk age group.

It's scary ... and football is just a diversion/pastime in the scheme of things.

Perspective.

DJ Higgins
Club Player

bigred wrote: Sun 15 Mar 2020 1:11am I am glad you are comfortable with your excellent immune system and misguided bravado. I hope the people that you pass the virus onto while living your normal life feel the same way....
I am comfortable with my immune system and the various medications to help soothe colds and flus . If or rather when I get sick then I will self isolate to stop spreading the flu as should everyone. That is the best way to contain it. A cure will be months away as it takes time to test for side effects on human subjects. So in the mean time healthy people should be doing normal things.

By people panicking and making this seem like it is more serious than what it is it is ruining the lives of others. A lot of industries will be crushed by this costing people their livelihood which will lead to depression and is some cases suicide.

Bottom line is old people and frail people are at risk of death from disease as they are each year. Swine flu sars bird flu there will always be another one coming. Keep them safe, use common sense, improve your hygeine habits and it will pass.